• Breaking News

    Monday, September 6, 2021

    Startups Why aren't more products open-source?

    Startups Why aren't more products open-source?


    Why aren't more products open-source?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 08:42 PM PDT

    I am considering making my product open-source because I feel that it can be made better by random contributors who just want to make the site better. I also think that users would feel safer knowing what I was doing with their data. If I have the right license on it, nobody should be able to use the code and launch a competing product, right? If managing community contributions becomes overwhelming, I could just stop allowing contributions and just allow people to view the code. Why would companies not open-source their products unless they are doing something that they don't want their users to see?

    Edit: I should mention that I am thinking in terms of a website or app that gets it's value from a community of users who use their platform such as Reddit, Uber, Airbnb, etc. As opposed to a business that sells actual software, such as Microsoft or Adobe.

    submitted by /u/lukew25073
    [link] [comments]

    My cofounder loosing interest.

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 11:23 AM PDT

    Me and my cofounder started working on solving a good problem we saw around hobbies and interests. But after putting our effort to create our MVP and then while testing we realized that the market size is actually small.

    My cofounder got really very demotivated after that. Although I'm also feeling bad, but I feel I really want to solve this problem.

    Now I'm confused whether I should keep going on with this idea or not. Is my cofounder worry and disappointment valid? Or I'm being too attached to the idea? Or is it worth going after even though market size is not very big?

    Please help me.

    submitted by /u/5ai1ama
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any startups that involved in politics sector?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 07:06 PM PDT

    it got me curious, if startups are meant to solve problems, surely do we have a lots of problem on politics, talking about national or international scale. In my own country (indonesia) there's only one startup that moves in this sector and it's still on early stage.

    My question is why aren't there any founder decided that they want to develop startups in politics sector?

    submitted by /u/duckbebekpergi
    [link] [comments]

    Fin-tech Start Up Help

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 12:43 AM PDT

    I have a start up idea in financial tech industry, with no experience in the tech industry or start ups.

    I have started two online businesses in the past and work in sales & marketing in corporate but my experience is limited.

    Where do I start? An experienced co-founder or model the business idea up more?

    submitted by /u/venus_lake
    [link] [comments]

    Learn to code or learn to sell?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 09:34 PM PDT

    I have a 16-month timeline to be debt-free and have a 6 month emergency fund. I've tried to launch businesses before but could never devote the time or money needed to give them a fighting chance. I want to spend this time improving my personal value as a future founder.

    I absolutely suck at selling. Most things come naturally to me but selling is not one of them. I've had sales jobs before and just bombed. My social anxiety doesn't help. Selling is a huge factor in any businesses success and contract sales roles also pay fairly well, if the person is good at what they do. So I'm willing to put in the work and really up my selling skills but is it worth trying to improve at something I know I'm pretty terrible at?

    My other idea was to learn to code. I know I wouldn't be an expert but I'd be good enough to launch my own MVPs. I view coding as a skill that I could use to freelance and another way to separate my time from my income.

    In either case, I want to be able to meets my lifestyle needs and reinvest in my businesses without touching my e-fund. I could really use any advice you all have.

    submitted by /u/Euphoric-Strain1485
    [link] [comments]

    Question about a Registered Agent

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 02:06 PM PDT

    I currently have a LLC with a registered agent and pay a yearly fee.

    If form another corporation do I with the same agent, am I required

    to pay and additional yearly fee?

    I realize it might be up to the agent services, but I was wondering

    what would be a common practice

    submitted by /u/DevWorxStudio
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment