• Breaking News

    Monday, September 6, 2021

    My student loan with Nelnet went up from 82k to 99k from July to current balance. Does anyone know why this happened although it’s during the forbearance period? Student Loans

    My student loan with Nelnet went up from 82k to 99k from July to current balance. Does anyone know why this happened although it’s during the forbearance period? Student Loans


    My student loan with Nelnet went up from 82k to 99k from July to current balance. Does anyone know why this happened although it’s during the forbearance period?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 07:41 PM PDT

    Loan payments due on 10/3/21

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 08:40 AM PDT

    Are there anyone who are dealing with loans that are due on October? I thought it was extended till January? Mine are all federal.

    submitted by /u/magicmichael98
    [link] [comments]

    exit counseling but you still go to school

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 09:18 PM PDT

    As the title says itself.

    I'm planning to take out student loans only for an academic year and not use them afterward. After the academic year, I want to do exit counseling because of my stress and anxiety for my future, but I know for a fact that you do that if you leave school, graduate, or drop to half-time enrollment. Also, to reduce or try to save more money in the future as repayment rolls by. Would it be alright if I do that? If it's alright, would it affect me at all? I don't want anything bad to happen to me and I'm so scared. I wanted to try and do something good. Plus, I'm new to this.

    submitted by /u/clxsscl0wn
    [link] [comments]

    Need help understanding Public Service Loan Forgiveness process

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 03:32 PM PDT

    Hey gang,

    I'm trying to get my student loans in order as I've just finished my second master's and come January of '22 I'll have to start paying them finally. I'm a PE/HE teacher in a public school district in New Jersey. What do I have to do in order to qualify for this PSLF program, I see the form but it is all quite confusing. Any help or advice would be incredible, thanks.

    submitted by /u/EAS1246
    [link] [comments]

    Half Time Enrollment?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 12:20 PM PDT

    Hi guys. I just had a question. I need to take 3 more courses and 10 credits to get my degree. I was planning on taking all 3 courses in the spring 2022 semester starting in January. But now I'm thinking of taking one course with 3 credits right now in the fall 2021 semester and the other two with 7 credits in the spring.

    My student loans are through Myfed Loan and therefore are federally funded. I have still been making payments on them during the Pandemic. My question would it make a difference if I was going for 7 or 10 credits in the spring? Would I be able to defer my payments as a student that is enrolled half-time? Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to respond.

    submitted by /u/Snoo_40406
    [link] [comments]

    Is There a correct Price Student Loan

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 03:29 AM PDT

    Hey. So a little backstory. I am a 23 year old undergrad. My whole college experience has been shaky because I would always have an outstanding balance. I would work and go to school to cover things like rent and other expenses. However, this school year I plan to do things different and take a private loan. Although I do want to setup auto pay while I'm in school to pay the interest. What companies are best? Sallie Mae offered me $15,000 but I plan on cancelling since I heard plenty of predatory related things about them. What has been your experience with your private loan company? What do you suggest? Thank you! God bless!

    submitted by /u/BabaReddit21
    [link] [comments]

    Borrower Defense Application - Should I hire a lawyer?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 10:37 AM PDT

    I went to the Art Institute of Philadelphia 2004-2007. A school under the EDMC umbrella. The school closed in 2018. I do not want to file under 'Closed School Student Loan Discharge' as I do not qualify. I want to file under 'Borrowers Defense Against Repayment Program'.

    I filled out the application but it is lacking a lot of evidence because all of the emails and documents that I had from the school are long gone. The email does not even exist anymore. I obviously cannot call because the school doesn't exist anymore.

    Should I hire a lawyer for this? I wonder what the success rates are with and without legal defense. Does anybody know of any lawyers that specialize in this that have had moderate success?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/meshies
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment