• Breaking News

    Sunday, September 5, 2021

    Accounting Partner compares working at PwC to marriage

    Accounting Partner compares working at PwC to marriage


    Partner compares working at PwC to marriage

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 06:06 PM PDT

    Never going back!

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 05:00 AM PDT

    This homework question kinda reminds me of a post I saw in here the other day...

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 06:44 PM PDT

    Can’t fight that logic lmao

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 07:16 PM PDT

    If you ever detected fraud at work, what's your story?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 02:55 PM PDT

    See title.

    submitted by /u/aytin
    [link] [comments]

    Me sunday evening back from vacation knowing that the accounts won't balance

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 02:46 PM PDT

    I think it’s safe to say that Simu Liu had the best exit opportunity?? ��

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 12:43 PM PDT

    When you go from working from one Big 4 to another:

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 07:16 PM PDT

    Has anyone else had a hard time actually bringing themselves to study for the CPA?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 08:29 PM PDT

    Like actually having an emotional response whenever the Becker page opens, and getting too upset to look at it. I work in tax and haven't taken a test yet, but it's so much material, and I have never cared less about anything in my life. Everyone says you need the CPA, but I have so much apathy towards it that it's bordering on hate. I just don't care......and I know I have to spend my free time studying and "getting on the grind", but I don't fucking care. I work at my firm, I have my degree, I do good work, that should be enough.

    Long rant over, I'm have a bad emotional response to studying. I either can't bring myself to focus/learn the material, or can't even sit down to do it. Does anyone have any advice short of going to a therapist?

    submitted by /u/turtlesoup55
    [link] [comments]

    It's funny how partners and managers expect their staff to somehow pull off miracles on awful under-resourced engagements

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 01:35 PM PDT

    Meanwhile the star performer staff who can actually do so usually don't get put on these sort of engagements. They get the more established ones where things generally aren't expected to go wrong as much.

    They get to deal with a big client who has everything already organized making the process smooth. In contrast you are pulling your hair out explaining to the client why they can't depreciate land for the fifth time.

    What a contradiction we have huh?

    submitted by /u/blackupsilon
    [link] [comments]

    I wish, Siri, I wish…

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 08:28 PM PDT

    Those working in fully remote roles — how are you liking it?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 03:39 PM PDT

    Finally made the jump out of B4 to a fully remote position. I'm pretty excited to never have the expectation to be fully/substantially back in office again. No more 1.5hr commutes, no more spending crazy amounts on parking, and no more worrying about having to spend a lot of money moving into the city to cut down on a commute (all of which I was doing or considering). I'm wondering how others in similar roles like the flexibility. Did you decide to live somewhere cheaper, or do you move around if you don't have many commitments? Do your companies/firms still expect you to be back at some point in the future? Pros/cons you've found? TIA!

    submitted by /u/sleepytortle
    [link] [comments]

    I was young and naive back then… oh my how times have changed

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 10:12 AM PDT

    Salary/Position negotiation?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 07:30 PM PDT

    I interviewed and was offered a summer/fall 2022 Audit Associate role in Big4. I won't get the official offer letter until Tuesday and the partner didn't mention compensation/level or anything like that during the congrats call.

    I have 2 years of full-time work experience in Payroll & benefits, a financial Analyst internship and now a forensic consulting internship. I live in a MCOL and have a set amount of what I would accept for salary.

    My question: Does my prior experience (~3 years) qualify me for asking for a level 2? Or at least if they don't hit my salary expectations, be able to negotiate?

    submitted by /u/Dumptruckm4m1
    [link] [comments]

    If a company has a transfer pricing policy for its subsidiary, do they need to make consolidated financials?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 06:14 PM PDT

    Parent company gets charged a TP amount and books that expense on its books. Does the parent company still need to create a consolidated set of financials?

    submitted by /u/newcfchome
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get out of public as a tax manager?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 02:16 PM PDT

    I am a newer tax manager looking to exit public. I've been a a couple of firms and have concluded that public is public and that it's all really the same except for the cool-factor of your coworkers and clients.

    I don't have tax provision experience as I primarily work on Flow Throughs, which I think really limits my options.

    But I'm looking to continue making 100k+ (I'd be fine taking a small pay cut), but want to get into a 40 hour gig.

    Anyone in a similar position find success?

    submitted by /u/Taxamillian
    [link] [comments]

    If this was you, what salary would you ask for:

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 11:06 AM PDT

    Medium-High cost of living Small profitable firm

    Does:

    Full accounting for individual / business's up to $5+ mil in Rev

    Full payroll, and payment of QR taxes for clients.

    Proficient in:

    1120 1120s 1040 1065

    Growing proficiency: 1031 exchange

    Bachelor's degree & cpa candidate in few months.

    2 years experience accounting and tax experience.

    Expected work per yr approx 2350 hours

    submitted by /u/mtsteverest2
    [link] [comments]

    How is automation going to change accounting, and particularly the Audit profession in next 10-15 years?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 11:01 AM PDT

    So my Manager was telling me about how the Big 4 are going for 'auditorless audit'(exactly his words) in like a decade or something, where a human auditor would not be required anymore. They have been researching and developing this technology for a while. My question is, is it really possible to achieve this in a decade? Also people say that automation would destroy accounting/auditing jobs in the future. Do you guys have any comments on this?

    submitted by /u/False_Cauliflower_70
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a shortage of CPA or accountant in general?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 02:43 PM PDT

    Everyone is saying the market is hot and everyone is hiring. Is it because there is a shortage? I mean doesn't that seem weird that everywhere is hiring and people are quitting to go to new jobs but there are still plenty of opening? Does anyone have more insight? If true what does that mean long term for the profession?

    submitted by /u/Ladidagy
    [link] [comments]

    What cryptocurrency tax questions do you have?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 01:36 AM PDT

    What do you find confusing about cryptocurrencies?

    Is it NFTs? DeFi? DEXs? Any other buzzword?

    We are planning on creating a free 101 Crypto Tax Guide for accountants. If there are any particular questions you have drop them down below and we'll make sure to cover them in this guide.

    submitted by /u/cryptotaxcalculator
    [link] [comments]

    Where is a good place for networking on the accounting world?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 04:12 PM PDT

    I am currently getting started in schools for accounting at the age of 30, and would like to get started on starting a career while in school if possible.

    submitted by /u/That_Experience_2353
    [link] [comments]

    Tax benefits of LLC treated as an S-Corp that gives charity to a non-profit

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 07:43 PM PDT

    I work as an independent-contractor for different healthcare clinics and I'm considering filling out the paperwork to have my LLC treated as an S-Corp. I'm also in the midst of creating a non-profit organization that will be doing mission trips in low-income countries that are lacking in proper medical care. I'm curious of what tax benefits are available once I have the LLC S-Corp and non-profit. A percentage of my income from the contracting would be used in the non-profit. I have a meeting with my accountant this week but just wanted to get some knowledge on the subject before hand. Thanks

    submitted by /u/angrythermos
    [link] [comments]

    Intermediate accounting 2

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 07:33 PM PDT

    Were y'all's exams based off practice cpa far books? My professor actually creates questions for the real CPA exams and our class exams apparently are real cpa questions. Did y'all experience this? We were told to buy the practice books instead of doing textbook problems. #stressed

    submitted by /u/alrightkas_
    [link] [comments]

    Best way for an international student to qualify for CPA Canada?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 03:25 PM PDT

    Hi Everyone!

    I just finished my BSc in European Studies in Greece, and I want to become a CPA in Canada. I did have some finance and accounting courses in my degree, and I managed to finish an associate degree in accounting along with my BSc.

    I am thinking about moving to Canada to get qualified. The big issue is that I don't have experience . But I don't know how to make myself attractive for accounting companies to hire me as a trainee.

    I am thinking about starting a Master in Accounting so that I can get the CPA courses exceptions. But such a degree would cost me 80.000-133.000K in tuition fees alone.

    The second option is to do the CPA PREP+PEP courses costing 20.000CAD and then apply for positions.

    That's why I don't know if it's worth spending all this money.

    Are the university degree reputation, network and connections to firms worth the extra 60-110K?

    Is it a better plan to find a bookkeeping/administrative job study PREP/PEP and try to leverage both to get a foot at the big4?

    Any opinion is welcomed!

    submitted by /u/ConsiderationCold265
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment