• Breaking News

    Monday, September 6, 2021

    Friday, August 27, Noon Eastern: I am a VP of Sales for an Enterprise Software as a Service (SaaS) Provider AMA Sales and Selling

    Friday, August 27, Noon Eastern: I am a VP of Sales for an Enterprise Software as a Service (SaaS) Provider AMA Sales and Selling


    Friday, August 27, Noon Eastern: I am a VP of Sales for an Enterprise Software as a Service (SaaS) Provider AMA

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 08:41 AM PDT

    Hey friends. It's been six years since the last one, so let's go again. I will be on Friday August 27 at Noon Eastern and promise to answer all of your questions.

    Previous AMA here: (https://www.reddit.com/r/sales/comments/4464yo/i_am_a_director_of_sales_for_an_enterprise/)

    I am a VP of Sales for a privately held, enterprise level, SaaS software company. I have 32 Territory Managers reporting to me worldwide, and we work deals ranging from $5K to $3M.

    To answer the two most common questions:

    1) I do not have any open headcount at the moment, but I'm always hiring. If you want to take your shot, send me a DM with your LinkedIn. If I like what I see and headcount opens up in your region, someone on my team will be in touch.

    2) My tech stack is full, under contract for the next 18+ months, and I have no free budget. I don't need lists, BPOs, or anything new. My team is also not in position to POC or trial any new technology. I am not a prospect. ;-)

    AMA

    submitted by /u/princess_pretty_girl
    [link] [comments]

    Does having to be social all day make you want to be less social during your own personal time?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 01:41 PM PDT

    The more I work in sales, since 99% of our job is socializing I've felt less inclined to be social on the weekends and I just want to be by myself. Is that normal or is it a sign of potential burnout?

    submitted by /u/araf2121
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for searching high paying tech sales jobs on job boards?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 07:58 AM PDT

    Any tips for someone looking for these types of jobs on indeed or google? Certain key words?

    submitted by /u/jesusislord77777
    [link] [comments]

    Career path 2-4 years into sales Analyst post undergrad?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 07:53 AM PDT

    Hello! I've been working my first job as a Sales Analyst after finishing my degree in MIS for about a month now, and I'm a very planning oriented person. I'm currently making around 46k yr and seeing as this is my first "big boy" job I'm kind of curious what I should be aiming for in the future as a career path. MIS taught me a plethora of things from finance to programming and some things in-between and I ended up as an analyst. My hopefully goal is to be making over 70k yr within 5 years or so; I just would like some insight on a rigid path to make that dream a reality. I currently exceed expectations at my new job technology wise, as I'm a wiz with most PC programs such as excel, SQL, etc and my boss primarily helps me learn finance and sales terminology as I spent much less time on the business portion of my degree. I appreciate any insight you have to give and thanks so much!

    submitted by /u/Bludstained
    [link] [comments]

    Advice Needed: Have an AE Interview tomorrow, and I have to prepare for a Discovery Call... Presentation???

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 11:40 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I'm making this post because I'm in a bit of a pickle. I have a interview for tomorrow where I will be directly gauged on how well I can hold a Discovery call. Discovery is my bread and butter, but what's throwing me off is that they want this to be a presentation.

    I personally never ever do presentations with discovery because I'm trying to get my lead to talk 75% of the time. A presentation runs contrary to that by bringing the focus to me and changes the course of the conversation to be less mutual and more attention-focused, which really doesn't help the psychology of the lead.

    So... I'm stumped. Has anyone ever run a Discovery presentation that has no demo, and is exclusively triage-based? I'd love any input!

    submitted by /u/Xeronixs
    [link] [comments]

    How to handle extended probation?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 11:55 AM PDT

    Am asking for a friend (really).

    A colleague of mine has reached the end of his 3 month probation and our manager has extended it by another month with some pretty high KPIs for her to hit.

    She's closed three deals since joining but in the next 4 weeks is being asked to do triple the revenue she's brought in up to this point. In addition, there's a massive prospecting target for her to hit that seems a little deluded. Like, it's a target that would take 2 people to hit, in a good month.

    I've helped mentor her since joining so I want to support and give advice where I can. She is determined to beat the plan, but imo it will take a significant amount of luck and good timing/territory.

    What would you do in this scenario, knuckle down or begin to look for other companies? If it's the former, what kind of advice would you give?

    submitted by /u/guly5ever
    [link] [comments]

    Sales at ULine?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 07:44 AM PDT

    I've been working in tech sales for a while now but really need to leave my current company. I have an opportunity to work with ULine but see mixed/negative reviews online. Has anyone here worked there? What's it like?

    submitted by /u/artfuldawdg3r
    [link] [comments]

    How to nail my cloud sales interview? (GCP)

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 12:21 AM PDT

    I have an interview with Google Cloud Platform for their Field Sales Representative Intern.

    Any cloud sales executives who can elaborate on how can I nail my Role related knowledge and their cognitive tests?

    submitted by /u/barlow69
    [link] [comments]

    My first day at the part time B2B job that I just got...

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 08:54 AM PDT

    So I just got a part time B2B sales job for a digital marketing company. They sell SEO services, landing pages, Google ads, Google homepage, Facebook ads, QR codes, complete websites... I won't work directly for the company, rather for a sales company that works on their behalf. Our job is the find potential clients, call them and book a meeting, and then sell at that meeting.

    It is full commission and they don't really have any fixed commission rates, and my employer seemed hesitant when I said that I could negotiate it, but he agreed (hesitantly). He told me to focus on selling the landing pages since the sales company will get the most commission from those. I asked what the commissions were and I got the following:

    - 25% on landing pages

    - 15% for booking meetings that leads to sales (the first few days I will only book meetings and the guy will sell and I'll tag along, and if he manages to sell on the meetings I booked I'll get the pay)

    - 10% for selling the other services such as Google and Facebook ads

    Landing pages cost about $3200 meaning I will get a pay of $800 if I do the whole process from booking the meeting to selling.

    If I only do the booking and it leads to a sale I'll get paid $480.

    Today I was supposed to sign my contract with them, but ended up getting a semi good training on their services. He couldn't even get the powerpoint going. The other manager was in "meetings" all the time and didn't prepare my contract. Another thing I noticed was that we only had one other sales person there and the guy was so bad at booking those meetings with clients. He did many rookie mistakes (I've worked previously in sales, D2D B2C). And he was being micromanaged by the employer. We're total of 4 people including me on this sales team.

    My gut tells me to not take the job and sign the contract that I'll get digitally sent to me (I asked for it so I can read it in peace). But on the other hand, the payments seems fairly good. And I have confidence in my ability to sell. This is also my first B2B sales job, and I feel like other more serious/established companies won't look at my resume unless I have had B2B experience, so I should just suck it up and do the best with this situation.

    Oh yeah, the employer also told me to start dialing to "warm up" which I declined because I won't work without a contract.

    If I wouldn't be as desperate as I am now, I would definitely have not taken this job.

    Their landing pages were copy paste templates. I don't know who did the copywriting for them either, because it didn't look good to me. It was decent.

    Edit: I'm a college student.

    submitted by /u/Top-Computer1773
    [link] [comments]

    San Antonio Sales

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 11:40 AM PDT

    Moving to San Antonio. Anyone from San Antonio and know of any Account Manager positions? My background is in telecommunications sales.

    submitted by /u/Im_thebackwardsman
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t find a remote SDR job..

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 09:36 AM PDT

    Basically the title. I've applied for so many SDR jobs on linked in with no luck, no calls for interviews nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

    submitted by /u/catlover8528
    [link] [comments]

    Caliper Test for sales ?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 05:04 AM PDT

    Hey Everyone- I recently scored high on a caliper test for an outside sales role during the interview process. Is this something to share with other potential employers? My score : 99 so I am thrilled but does it really matter ? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/OptimalMale1
    [link] [comments]

    Stick with potential 1m door to door job

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 07:18 PM PDT

    I've been doing d2d in the same field for 4 years now. I moved to a new market within the same industry this year. Our average commission is 8k though lately mine have been $4k a deal due to smaller installs. Right now with average motivation. I can pull 1-4 a week with last week did 3. Some deals can easily be over 10k while some guys on the team have made 16k per install.

    Next year I'm shooting for 100 + installs which is gonna probably be 600-800k. The company I'm with gives me stocks so if I did that I'd for sure hit 60k in equity, also 10k yearly bonus that's every year and I can open my own office which has massive potential. If I built my own office to 300 installs a qt depending on my % split with another manager we'd split about 2m profit.

    The money Potentail here is huge but it's a lot of work and is a grind. I see all these huge guys on YouTube and online that do so much more than this. It makes me rethink this because even if I clear a million it's bottom of the scale for entrepreneurs.

    What do you recommend? Stay in this industry for a few more years then move on?

    My skill set is in really good at as generation and closing+ fulfillment I'm improving on.

    submitted by /u/Able-Visit5028
    [link] [comments]

    What should I look for when looking for a sales job?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 03:38 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    What are some red flags I should look out for? One common field that everyone seems to talk about is SaaS and the medical field. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/devinwilliam
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for breaking into the industry

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 03:10 AM PDT

    Hey guys so I'm enthralled with the idea of entering the SaaS field as an entry level sales rep but I'm having a hard time getting interviews I'm currently a senior in college trying to secure a BDR role and I've sent out TONS of messages on LinkedIn asking for advice on breaking into the industry in an attempt to to build rapport and possibly ask if they a know hiring manager! I feel like this is a key component of the job anyways and shows initiative rather than blasting 100's of job applications into a blackhole, but not getting anything promising or having any luck . So Like any sane human being would, I have decided to ask reddit for advice. What do your guy's tips on securing a job in this field.

    submitted by /u/SeaworthinessFamous6
    [link] [comments]

    Best book for people new to sales

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 06:59 PM PDT

    Hi! I'm an fairly new to sales and this area of Reddit. I've been in a SDR level roll for about 2 months now. I graduated college this spring and landed a gig with a fast growing tech company.

    Being new to cold calling and prospecting I found myself very, very anxious about making dials. To the point I couldn't enjoy my free time and weekends. I started to research how to over come this and best habits to pick up to become a top performer. This is when I came across "Fanatical Prospecting" by Jeb Blount.

    This book has changed my perspective. It has made me go from feeling like a mindless gorilla ripping through sales force lists to someone trying to strategically break into accounts. Additionally, it has made me appreciate the importance of prospecting and how it can take you from borderline pip to a top performer.

    Highly recommend anyone who is also new to sales pick this up and give it a read.

    submitted by /u/Ri--Guy
    [link] [comments]

    Sales Manager Interview Questions - What to expect?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 12:39 PM PDT

    I started out as a sales rep at a tech company years ago, and have been internally promoted to sales manager which I've been doing for the past 2 years. Luckily, I didn't really have to interview for the position, I kind of got 'given' it because I was the best performer in my team.
    Now, it's time for me to move companies, and I have an interview lined up at a different company for a sales manager position. I was wondering if you guys had any advice on what interview questions to expect, or if they are going to give case studies etc, what kind of things are commonplace?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/annievaxxer
    [link] [comments]

    What would you do if you have messaged your prospect multiple times and never got a reply?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 06:41 PM PDT

    I am in B2B tech sales, and in my territory, it is only a few potential prospects to work on. I have identified the most senior person for in IT, and also manage to get their email. However, I have sent several emails but never got a reply. I have also tried to contact people that report to him, but I did not get a reply either.

    What would you do in this situation?

    submitted by /u/Cold-Imagination-228
    [link] [comments]

    Got an interview with a SaaS Tech company in 2 days(SDR), would love to get some 1 on 1 help.

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 03:05 PM PDT

    Coming from Car Sales — would love to just get some advice/help to prepare for the interview. I can DM my discord or whatever you want to use to communicate.

    submitted by /u/StyleReddit
    [link] [comments]

    Where Should I go from Here?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 07:02 PM PDT

    So I'm finishing up with my first foray into sales, and it's been kind of a flop. I got a straight-commission job selling pest control door to door earlier this summer, and while I've managed to sell about one account per day, I'd have to be a solid 2-per-day rep in order to sustainably continue with this job. While there's a chance that that could happen, I'm largely living on my savings and this is the last month in which it will be financially feasible for me to sell, so I think it's time I develop some sort of a plan B in case things don't go my way.

    It's really frustrating, I hate to be judgmental, but a lot of my coworkers are these immature college frat-boys who sell in circles around me (though most of them are in their 2nd or 3rd year of selling). To a great extent, I feel like if they can do it, I should DEFINITELY be able to. I've worked very hard this summer; I think the main issue is that I just lack the time I need to learn the job. I've only been selling for three months, and being that this is arguably the most difficult selling environment there is, being able to sell one account per day is probably a decent achievement. I think if I had a solid 6 months to figure things out, I'd fare much better.

    My reason for writing today is I'd like to ask some advice on what my next steps should be. Short-term, I'd like to find another job that's sales related, maybe something a bit easier that will provide a more reliable source of income. medium-term I'd like to save up some money so I can try door to door again next year (I'm not one to give up so easily). Long-term, I'd like to work towards landing a high-income sales position.

    What kinds of sales positions would you guys recommend I apply for? (Please be aware I don't have a college degree, and I don't have any other sales experience besides this)

    submitted by /u/TVDDD
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment