• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 6, 2022

    Startups I keep changing my plans and switching between projects

    Startups I keep changing my plans and switching between projects


    I keep changing my plans and switching between projects

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 04:40 AM PST

    I'm a developer and every time I start a new project it's always the same thing, I start something, I start wasting time on details and eventually my interest gets crushed by the mountain of work that it remains around the implementation of the project, the release and the infinite forms to fill (App Store/Play Store), its promotion and its monetization. I end up thinking about other projects, getting burnt out and distancing myself from the project and then starting a new project, while continuing to think about the potential of the previous project and my wasted efforts to realize it. I waste my time abandoning projects.

    Have any of you ever managed to break such a waste of time? I've been doing this for years already, easily more than 3-4 years.

    Sometimes I just want give up and free my time because it doesn't make sense and I'm just wasting my time, I could be dedicated to my missions as a freelancer and give up about building my own projects.

    submitted by /u/Muffin-5412
    [link] [comments]

    new grad: ~250k SWE offer at unicorn (Nuro) or co-founder of startup (205k for 10% of company)

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 12:53 PM PST

    I am thinking of taking a leap of faith and trying to make it as the co-founder of my startup. We have a pre-seed offer for 205k for 10% of the company from some solid investors and have the connections to raise 300k+ and maybe 500k total if needed. Our product doesn't really have much traction yet, and the investors are mainly making a bet on me and my co-founder as well as the problem we're solving.

    It still feels a bit weird to think about giving up such a good offer from a unicorn after graduation. Although I like the startup idea that I'm working on, and I really like the industry/space the startup is in as a whole, I don't have an "insane passion" for this particular idea.

    However, I have strong entrepreneurial interest and I know I want to eventually become a cofounder. I think now might be one of the best times since as a new grad I'll have less responsibility compared to the future. Realistically if the startup fails in a year or two, I would make "only" 90k/year in salary and the equity ends up worthless versus the 250k first year + 220k/year recurring Nuro offer so it would be a decent financial opportunity cost but would not make me broke. I am fairly confident I could find an offer at big tech, a unicorn or top VC backed startup based off my network after.

    I guess the only other thing holding me back from taking this risk is what if I worked on another startup as a side project while I'm at the unicorn (my co-founder definitely wants to commit full-time and it would be weird to have a part-time/full-time dynamic). At Nuro I would learn a lot about best practices, system design, etc. If I wait for the side project to have traction and then take the leap of faith it could also be less "risky" since the current idea I am working doesn't have much traction yet. However, I am worried I'll get "golden handcuffs" and keep delaying leaving for a startup until I no longer can afford the risk due to other responsibilities.

    Any advice or guidance appreciated.

    submitted by /u/beepboppop
    [link] [comments]

    How do you identify the right VC to reach out to?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 01:13 PM PST

    There are a large number of VCs out there and I wonder how those startups that got funded chose the VCs to pitch their business to. I'm sure every VC focuses on a different field and stage, but still, it's hard to decide which one to contact.

    Q1, What are the ways to identify a suitable VC for a startup?

    Q2, Are there any websites that help you find the right VC(aside from CrunchBase)?

    Q3, Do's and don'ts with VC interactions

    Thank you for reading.

    submitted by /u/matchamania_us
    [link] [comments]

    Product development vs marketing

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 10:19 AM PST

    Hi guys,

    I am working on a digital product. We have a slow steady flow of users. We do not have enough incoming users to make good money. We currently have no sales. I can continue to develop our current form of user acquisition. We will need another form if we hope to be successful.

    The product needs work. The onboarding needs work. The retention needs work. It is my responsibility to do marketing and product development.

    I need a new marketing plan. I need to work on the product. For now I want to focus on one of these at a time. What are your thoughts on what I should focus on. Should I work on making the product better, or should I work on a plan for acquiring users.

    I do not plan on heavy marketing before the product is set. But I would like something ready for when the product is in a good position. I do not like the idea of not having a marketing plan for when I need it.

    I suppose I am having a hard time with the marketing plan.

    submitted by /u/sourd1esel
    [link] [comments]

    Where to find startup mentoring services?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 06:40 PM PST

    I found a cool website that had listed people offering mentoring services in different areas, such as business team coaching, startups, tech, etc. I might be interested in those services from experienced individuals, but don't quite remember the name of the website. Appreciate your help guys, thanks!

    submitted by /u/aeum3893
    [link] [comments]

    How much detail do I share?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 04:52 PM PST

    In the coming days I'll be speaking to someone on Zoom who owns multiple businesses and getting to know him a bit. I'm not exactly sure what he wants out of it but I'm sure he just wants to give me advice or be a mentor of sorts. I met him on Indeed and he found me through my 'find a tech co founder' post. It doesn't seem like that's what he wants. But what I've gathered from messaging he probably just wants to give me advice and some pointers.

    I'm no longer looking for a tech co founder anymore I decided I'll teach myself how to code (insane I know but I'm getting the hang of it day by day) and once I'm either close to or officially launch an MVP, that's when ill start searching for a tech savvy co founder to tighten up loose ends and what not. I know it's taboo to do all that NDA nonsense I won't be doing that or even thinking of it. So my question is, I want to know if it's common to share what the platform will look like and what it will try to accomplish; Or do I (politely) refuse to share the core details/blueprints? Do I share everything or just tell him my surface goals? Tips of any kind are appreciated. How much detail should I share with him?

    submitted by /u/Surgihoe
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment