• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 6, 2022

    Esurance not asking me about prior claims Insurance

    Esurance not asking me about prior claims Insurance


    Esurance not asking me about prior claims

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 12:04 PM PST

    Hello, I am looking to switch insurance companies from Geico to Esurance and went through their entire online quoting process filling out all information I was asked. I reach a point where it's the overall summary of the application and scroll down to see a section that says "auto accidents and violations in the last 5 years" and it says "no" in the official agreement despite me having a previous claim.

    I was never asked about it while applying so I'm wondering if they went through their own systems and didn't consider it applicable? I don't want to sign it and pay then they realize and come after me for fraud or whatever. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

    submitted by /u/BoLdlyGoingn0where45
    [link] [comments]

    Hover App for Travelers Home Insurance

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 02:16 PM PST

    I bound a Travelers home policy on Friday. I got an email to take pictures of our home. I understandehy and all that, but it has been evaluating my property for almost 24 hours in the app. Is that normal?

    submitted by /u/Adventurous-Beach-2
    [link] [comments]

    Is lying about my driving experience to an insurance company a form of fraud?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 01:22 PM PST

    I'm looking to purchase a motorcycle for the summer due to rising gas prices and I've always wanted a motorcycle. My premium would already be through the roof with full coverage and I'm looking to finance a not so old bike. I was told by my insurance having no experience on a bike effects the premium for full coverage. So in theory, if I purchased insurance through a different company stating I have 2 years of motorcycle experience, is this a form of fraud? Please let me know!

    submitted by /u/GriffsAlt
    [link] [comments]

    I thought CA Senate Bill 510 has made it so that Health Insurance Providers must cover the costs of COVID-19 tests. Why am I still being billed for them?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 12:17 PM PST

    Wind blew trampoline into my car

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 09:39 AM PST

    We had a thunderstorm with 60+ mph winds last night. Our trampoline was blown into my car and damaged it. I have comprehensive insurance-- is that likely to cover the damages? Or will they deny and say it should be covered by homeowners insurance?

    We had the legs of the trampoline weighted down with concrete bricks (square paving stones). A couple of the legs of the trampoline are actually still weighted down in their original spot, and the wind somehow tore the legs off the trampoline to blow it across the yard. Trampoline is only a year old.

    submitted by /u/sunyata11
    [link] [comments]

    A fire started in my car.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 09:33 AM PST

    Ok so here's a run down on my situation, a fire started in my car because a shitty lighter I bought at a gas station blew up in the compartment under my dash and started a fire. We had to put out the fire with a fire extinguisher, and we called the fire department and they told me it was unsafe to drive because it was really hot, covered in toxic fire extinguisher, and it was unknown what burned up. They reckoned I get it towed and taken to a shop, so I get it towed to a lot, for the meantime. I then file a claim with my Insurance, and they said we would keep it there until we get it worked out. So I get in contact with my agent, and he tells me to finish a proof of vehicle fire loss form, until the claim can advance any further. Almost a month has passed and I called the lot and they said the car wasn't there and my agent has not tried contacting me since the call almost a month ago. I didn't realize how much time had passed, cause I've been trying to find out all the dumb extra info I need for the form, and my depression has stopped me from doing much, and I've been working like crazy because I have no money.

    My my question is, if my car is not at the lot then where is it, and if it's scrapped could I get money back for it? Or some kind of compensation for this horrible situation in which I had so little control?

    submitted by /u/metallic_mind
    [link] [comments]

    Changing Insurance Upon Delivery - Will new insurance or old insurance cover delivery costs?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 07:29 AM PST

    Hello!

    My wife is due for our second child in April. We currently have HMO insurance and will be delivering at an in-network hospital. We planning to switch to PPO when the baby arrives.

    When does this insurance "switch" take place - will her delivery be billed to her HMO plan or the new PPO plan?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/kwal319
    [link] [comments]

    Cats stole from benz insurance question

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 10:37 AM PST

    Early last month, february 2022, i let somebody bordow my car and to make a long story short, it ran extremely loud and after taking it to the shop, im the "victim of catilytic converter theft" okay so i was advised to give my insurance company a call and report a claim. Apparently my 2 rearest cats were cut off with a torch or sawzall. Mind you, my brakes are on their last thread. Need new lines theyre completely rusted out. Okay so the insurance got intouch with the shop had em send pics of the car blah blah... told me n the shop that theyd cut a payment of $4320.60 in the form of a prepaid debit. And id pay my deductible to the shop when the car is repaired. The exhaust tho. They said they will not cover the brakes. Which is understandable and expected. Aight so the shop began to get impatient with me and claims the payment never arrived... yesterday (a month plus into the situation) i hot a check in the sum of $4320 in my mail..

    If i cash the check. Pay for my exhaust to have a straight pipe repair rather than installing new cats.. and use my remainder to pay for brakes... do i run the risk of insurance fraud? Or is there any more involvement by the insurance company? Im just trying to make a dollar go further. I need brakes more than i need a fuel efficient exhaust.

    I guess my question is, now that the shop issued payment, what is their next roles in the claims process. Will they collect more info, need more pics, call the shop, etc?

    submitted by /u/Stock-Cause-1237
    [link] [comments]

    Is loss of unemployment a qualifying life event for Medicaid enrollment?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 06:36 AM PST

    Vandalism of rental car paid for by insurance

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 03:19 AM PST

    My car got rear-ended a few months ago and I just took it into the shop for repair. The other party's insurance company is paying for all repairs and also paid for a rental car while my car is in the shop. Well, today the rental car got broken into and the rear quarter panel window is smashed (but no other windows). The car and trunk were completely empty and nothing was taken.

    I'm in California and declined the damage waiver. As I understand it, my personal liability due to vandalism of the vehicle is limited to $500. However, I'm wondering - would this damage be covered by any other insurance? I'm guessing:

    • my own insurance has comprehensive coverage but filing a claim for a single broken window probably isn't worth it (plus my deductible is $500)
    • would the insurance company paying for the vehicle have any type of insurance for this?

    Normally I would pay for the rental with a credit card with primary rental car insurance but obviously I couldn't in this case, so I'm guessing I'll just have to pay for the damage. If so, any tips for that process?

    submitted by /u/Renewed-
    [link] [comments]

    Can a book club qualify for a group health plan? (WA)

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 12:16 AM PST

    Assuming

    1) not set up as a business

    2) has a public record of existence of 5 years (facebook page, website, or some other record)

    3) it has not formed for the existence of getting group coverage

    submitted by /u/ScumfrickZillionaire
    [link] [comments]

    FL homeowners cancelled. Now what?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 02:55 AM PST

    Panic mode here and Seeking advice please. Mom had citizens forever but we found cheaper alternative and cancelled them in Jan. and started new policy with new company.

    Woke up this morning to NOTICE OF CANCELLATION email from new insurer Swyfft due to outdated plumbing seen in self inspection photos from over a month ago.

    Now what?? House is small 60s beach bungalow that has not been updated much inside due to limited funds. House is on beachside and had roof replacement after hurricane in last 10 years. TIA for any advice.

    submitted by /u/birdpix
    [link] [comments]

    Offered $19,000 Good or low-ball?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 08:44 AM PST

    I was in a 4 car pile up on 2/22/22. My insurance found me at fault for at least one of the cars possibly two. I was offered $19,532 by my insurance on 03/02/22. I paid $8000 for the car and it has a Salvage title. I feel like I should take this offer but everyone is saying the first offer is always the lowest.. How long would it take to get a second offer and would it even be worth more time?

    submitted by /u/takeurbackpack
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment