• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 13, 2022

    Startups How do I move from founder to CEO (serious)

    Startups How do I move from founder to CEO (serious)


    How do I move from founder to CEO (serious)

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 10:53 PM PST

    Hello there! I have a genuine request for serious help.

    I have co-founded a company with a wonderful friend. We have gone great guns for a number of years with both of us cooperating beautifully (this is not a story of falling out!).

    We have grown to 100 people and now need to define ourselves as CEOs (please don't dissect this - it is what it is).

    My request for help is to give a good definition of what a CEO really is.

    I am not happy with any of the definitions I have seen,.

    So if anyone could please thing to not be negative and would like to pro-offer an experienced led definition of what they think a CEO should be I would be very grateful....

    pasm

    submitted by /u/pasm
    [link] [comments]

    How many of these are red flags to you - Career question

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 12:21 AM PST

    Hey

    I have a pretty comfortable & satisfying job at a global company but recently got a very good offer from a new startup. I've accepted it almost blindly.But after seeing a few things over the few days where I informally worked for this new start up, wanted to do a sense check

    • The sales figures have peaked at month 2 and went down to month 1 levels in month 3. They are struggling to drive them up again
    • Founder has relatives in key positions, not related to their professional background
    • I've seen a few very direct-harsh feedback on Slack
    • A few people leave every week (Dont know if fired or leaving themselves)

    I've considered to contact the people who left the company but have doubts as they can be close to the founders. Maybe I should still?

    None of these could be red flags per se, esp without the context. But need some external view as it's a huge decision and I'm not leaving because I'm unhappy at my current company. They would take me back within an instant now (I just gave my resignation this week, got afew weeks of notice period in) but not after I leave them officially.

    The start up has around 100 employees and preparing for the 2nd round investment. The founder has a succesful start up before.

    Thx already

    submitted by /u/KANTErminator
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment