• Breaking News

    Monday, September 6, 2021

    Landlord lied about noise Real Estate

    Landlord lied about noise Real Estate


    Landlord lied about noise

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 10:44 PM PDT

    Hello everyone. I was just curious as about what my rights may be. I live in NJ, i am living in a house with a shared wall. Prior to moving in I asked the landlord how bad the sound was from the other side of the house, and he went as far as to tell me he used to live in this unit and had a DJ live on the otherside and only heard a little vibration. Its been 3 days here and the bedroom wall which is shared with the neighbors is so thin I can hear them cough and even make out conversations they are having, being a light sleeper I would have never considered moving in if I knew this. The floors and wall shake. We do have a break lease clause but our rent is already pretty high and moving was costly, is there any legal ground to avoid paying an extra months rent? Not sure what to do.

    submitted by /u/troykelly1994
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone heard of a realtor “withholding an offer”?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 08:11 PM PDT

    We put a competitive offer in on a house a few years back, but our realtor came back and said the seller's realtor had "withheld our offer." He made it seem like we hadn't put in a good enough offer that the seller's realtor wanted to show it to the seller. Curious if anyone has head of this happening? We were first time home buyers at the time and COMPLETELY ignorant, but now suspect our realtor actually forgot to submit our offer.

    submitted by /u/Happi_Adventurer
    [link] [comments]

    Why does the majority of the population hate landlords?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 02:23 PM PDT

    I have been reading nothing but people on reddit believing housing is a basic right and that landlords should not exist. That landlords are leeches and should be banned from buying investment property. How do you feel about this?

    submitted by /u/AOR66
    [link] [comments]

    Seeing the reasons why properties are back on market again

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 05:22 AM PDT

    Im seeing 5 or more properties last few weeks ago that are pending contract really. Now Im seeing those same properties back on market. Is there any way we can see why those fell through?

    Like i was thinking one of the reason might be contingencies triggered where the buyer backout. Is there a way to see inspection report? Are those publicly available or we have to reach out to previous prospective buyers or sellers?

    Reason is if I get the reason why or the report early then it saves us a lot of time not pursuing those properties further

    Market: South Florida

    Type: Single Family Home

    Edit: I'm getting overwhelming responses. Thank you guys this really helps and clarifies things!

    submitted by /u/vvavepacket
    [link] [comments]

    Someone’s payoff was accidentally applied to my account..

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 05:46 AM PDT

    I woke up on Monday to my mortgage payment made plus an additional 150k in principal reduction, but neither came from me. I've read there's not a lot of recourse for a posted wire transfer, but as I've as it would be I'm not getting my hopes up on keeping it.. where does the liability fall here? Does the mortgage company reverse the transfer? Or are they on the hook for the misplaced money?

    Edit for clarity: the mortgage company was notified immediately on Monday. The lady on the phone was dumbfounded and didn't offer anything other than "they'll look into it" and as of today is still posted - hence this post.

    submitted by /u/forshamex2
    [link] [comments]

    What is the point of shopping around, if lenders all have "the same rate decided by the fed government"

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 08:52 AM PDT

    Just spoke with Rocket Mortgage, and their spiel was that all lenders have basically the same rates right now, since interest rates are set by the federal government.

    While I get that the Feds set interest rates, my understanding is that lenders base their rates on the fed rate and that each lender would essentially use their own formula to set their own rates for their customers.

    If they all have the same rates (per Rocket), the the heck is the point of advertising all these wonderful interest rates we get getting mailers about?

    I know that some of those are based on paying down points and can be hard to get the lowest advertised rate, but Rocket wasn't even interested in reviewing our numbers, didn't want to know our income, cost of house, how much we wanted to put down-nothing. While I get wanting to adjust expectations so a customer isn't pissed that they might only see a 0.25 difference or something, they didn't even want to go over our numbers.

    The pertinent particulars:

    • We have a preapproval for mortgage loan of $279,000, in hand (originally thought we would purchase at $300,000, and got it for...)
    • Have a purchase agreement for the house at $250,710, and have put down earnest money
      • We will be bringing 5% down payment at closing (including earnest)-(we know more would be better and provide a lower rate, but we will not be able to sell our current home in time)
    • The preapproval has an interest rate of 3.25 (APR 3.422), which seems a bit on the high side. (30yr)
    • Our credit scores with all three bureaus are above 800, save one with TU in the high 770s.
    • Annual Income $125,000
    • Debt-to-Income ratio below 20% (even floating both mortgages until we sell our current abode, Debt to income is still below 35%)

    Don't get me wrong, 3.25 is a good rate, but with our credit history, income, low debt-to-income, seems like we should be able to get 3% or lower.

    Am I missing something? Do the lenders all have basically the same formula?

    Thanks!

    Edit: Thanks so much to all commenters. It's good to know I wasn't wrong in thinking Rocket's info was crap. I will continue shopping. Things like this are the reason I browse reddit.

    submitted by /u/skilletID
    [link] [comments]

    U.K. Rental Property Mortgage - is 3.5% down even a thing?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 03:31 AM PDT

    I'm seeing a lot of people suggesting real estate is better than stocks as an investment because of the leverage you can acquire.

    But I question the ability to get a mortgage for such a low down payment.

    I've always heard rental mortgages require a higher deposit than if you lived in the home yourself (15-20%)

    submitted by /u/Ashh-UK
    [link] [comments]

    Bank of America “Free Money”?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 10:07 AM PDT

    So yesterday I was looking at bank of america's website and it says they'll give you 3% or up to $10,000 to use for down payment for the house, and $7,500 for closing costs on the home, and you don't have to pay it back. It says "funds do not require repayment" so what's the catch? I don't think they're just going to give you $17,500 for free just to buy a house? I read that you have to live in the house for 1 year, but is there anything else??? Do they give you a high interest rate or what? Does anyone know?

    submitted by /u/carllacee
    [link] [comments]

    VA Loan and alternatives

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 11:53 PM PDT

    I didn't see it on here and wanted to post to help any future home buyers who are considering using a VA loan.

    My original lender approved me a loan at 3.6% interest rate using the VA loan. That with a gross income of $112,000, $950 in car payments, 780 credit score, and 10% down. IDK if any of that makes a difference so please excuse my ignorance. The car loans are recent within the past 1-3 years.

    My wife suggested another local lender that's very active on social media and so I contacted the lender. We ended up with an ODVA loan through Oregon at 2.5% interest rate, about $635 origination fee, and no federal VA funding fee. Anyone familiar with the federal VA loan knows the funding fee can be $10k+ if the down payment is less than 20% and it's hard getting a VA loan offer accepted.

    See what your state offers and know there might be alternatives. Hopefully this helps someone out. Sorry if I missed anything, I've had a few beers.

    submitted by /u/riceNbeans55
    [link] [comments]

    lease to own in NC

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 11:45 PM PDT

    I have sold a house and carried the loan before and I owned the house outright. I want to sell another house but i still owe on it,so i am paying on a mortgage. Can I still do a lease to own to a family if i don't own outright? There are people that do it but i read that in rare cases the tenants have sued the landlords if it didnt come to fruition because the claim they have some equity in house

    submitted by /u/click411
    [link] [comments]

    Taking my NY license test soon!

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 11:30 PM PDT

    I've finally completed my 75 hour course work and will be taking the license exam this week. I'm so nervous and I'm not exactly sure how best to study. I'm mostly just going over key terms and formulas that I'll need to know. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Afraid_Date_7484
    [link] [comments]

    How do I purchase out of state land from a relative?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 05:15 PM PDT

    I have the opportunity to buy a parcel of land from my relative which he says would be FSBO. It's a low price, but even now I don't have the funds to buy it completely so I will need a loan. I just have no idea what to do. Do I contact lenders in the state I'll be purchasing the land in, in the state I live in currently, or do I go a different direction? This is my first time having the opportunity to purchase land, and I'm dead set on doing it. It's in a dream state, and he's offering it at a great deal to me. I can answer questions about it if need be, I just didn't want to overload this with a wall of needless info. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/CaptainAmericaBiatch
    [link] [comments]

    Never bought a house before. Strongly considering househacking with an FHA but intimidated by the market and my own inexperience. Would appreciate some advice catered to my situation.

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 10:35 PM PDT

    Background:

    • Hoping to buy something in the $250-$350k range within the next few months and fix it up while I'm living there, then rent out other rooms after it's fixed up. Then after a year or two, buying another property and doing it again. And so on.
    • I only have about $13k saved up right now
    • Recently landed a $90k per year job
      • (about $5,400/month goes to my bank account after taxes)
    • Expenses are about $800/month right now until I move
    • Would need to have a family member cosign
    • My only other debt is about $4,500 remaining in student loans (about $4000 of which is federal and so is suspended until next year)
    • No credit cards (I want to get one but afraid of the hard inquiry on my credit right now)
    • FICO 9 score is 730
    • I need a new place to live soon regardless, so if I'm not paying toward a mortgage I'm paying rent
    • Other options for my savings if I rent instead: 401k (no matching), up to $6000 toward a Roth IRA, paying off loans, emergency fund in a savings account, typical investment avenues

    Questions:

    • Is buying a house a good avenue for me right now?
      • If so, how should I time it given my financial trajectory, and the state of the market?
      • if not, what would be my best course of action for the money I'm saving up, given my situation?
    submitted by /u/roleparadise
    [link] [comments]

    If any homeowners are in need of free moving boxes check the BoxGiver platform

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 04:37 PM PDT

    20f looking for housing advice

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 10:17 PM PDT

    I'm a 20 year old female looking for advice on deciding the best living situation for me and how to attain it. I am a college dropout, just working as a waitress and living with my parents in a town about an hour away from Austin. In the past year, I have fallen in love with my current lifestyle- working 40 hr/week and simply living my life when I'm off the clock. School added so much stress, anxiety, and depression to my life- it's just not the right option for me, and I really do love my job. My parents have been pressuring me to go back to college, and now I really wanna move out. With my tips I make about $15-$27/hr and always make at least $100 per shift, so minimum $2000 a month- which is plenty of income to rent an apartment in Austin. However, the idea of paying $1000/month rent for years on end literally makes me sick to my stomach. Ideally I would skip the whole apartment phase and get straight to work on buying a home. I would much rather have a monthly mortgage and be putting down money each month to eventually own than pay ridiculous renting fees and that money go towards nothing. I know I need to build credit first, but i am again super young with an "unstable" waitressing job… no bank, credit card company, or mortgage lender is going to take me seriously, especially in a city as expensive as Austin and the current housing market. I've looked at land and possibly building a tiny home, but it's the same with credit and loans. I've also looked at living in a she-shed lmao but it has A LOT of legal obstacles. I've also looked at van life and RV/trailer, but it requires a lot of money down, is super impractical, and not a long term living solution as I hope to one day get married and have kids. I'm just really lost on how to start this process.

    Additional thought- my family is really well off- dad is a pharmacist and mom works at a dental office- they say a waitressing job is not enough to live off of- but the truth is that it is not enough to live off of if I want to live THEIR lifestyle- big brand new house on a golf course, vacations once a month, etc. It may not be the greatest life for me but it's doable and I'm happy :) Plus certain restaurants I've looked into have insurance plans, retirement plans, benefits, etc. Plenty of waitresses I work worth have multiple kids and are making it work even if it isn't a "comfortable" lifestyle.

    submitted by /u/Confident-Tadpole-28
    [link] [comments]

    Realtor commisions —Referred inspectors and notary

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 06:04 PM PDT

    Do realtors get commissions when they recommend inspectors and notary lawyers? Or are they trying to hook you up with experts?

    submitted by /u/New_Recommendation_6
    [link] [comments]

    How best to sell my house today?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 11:37 AM PDT

    I'm in a "hot" real estate market, few homes for sale and tiny old cottages sell for $350k here on the northern Oregon coast. Two questions:

    1. What is the most reasonable and advantageous arrangement for me to pursue in selling my home? For sale by owner since I probably don't need the help of a listing agent? or maybe talking directly with a buyer's agent, tell them I'm selling my house off market for reduced commission? IDK, other thoughts?
    2. With a 3 bed, 2 full bath 1,100 sq foot 70's ranch house does it make sense/profit to convert the attached 308 sq foot garage to a bonus room or leave it as is? I'm a carpenter so I'd do all the work and bring the new floor height up to rest of the 1970's ranch house.
    submitted by /u/notaflipflip
    [link] [comments]

    Help bidding first time

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 01:05 PM PDT

    I am interested in bidding in a house that is on auction.con if u win does it clear all existing 1st and 2nd mortgage liens? Also what about any irs tax liens?

    submitted by /u/patamazon
    [link] [comments]

    Dwelling Policy lapsed- any liability on insurance broker?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 04:13 PM PDT

    I have an investment property just outside of NOLA which was affected by Hurricane Ida. Nothing too crazy, but will require a new roof and the leak caused the sheetrock on the ceiling to fall in 2 of the rooms. 1 other room has minor water damage. I initially had a buikders risk policy since this was a rehab. That policy expired in June, which is when I discussed changing over to a dwelling policy via email with my insurance broker. In our email thread, the plan was to pay quarterly payments until I refi in OCT, at which point, escrow would take over. She sent me the quote and I gave her the green light. Fast forward to this week, and there is no policy in place currently. Do I have any options here other than to just suck it up and pay out of pocket? As a Realtor, we're required to have errors and omissions insurance- does anything similar exist for insurance brokers?

    Tldr: approved a dwelling policy via email for a rental property, but policy was never put in place. Now I have damages from Hurricane Ida. Any recourse?

    submitted by /u/mferna9
    [link] [comments]

    When to do a cash out refinance?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 03:59 PM PDT

    We are looking to move to an area with good school before my older kid moves on to middle school in 2 years. So we have a clock that is ticking down. The school zone we want to move is very small and highly desirable, so not a lot of houses come on the market.

    We are totally open to moving before whenever before elementary school graduation if a right house can be found.

    Ideally, we want to keep our current house as a rental. The house is worth $800k +, we have a mortgage of $200k. We have good chunk of money saved so we would like to pull equity out of the current home, combined that with savings and selling stocks and buy a house in the new area.

    I am just not sure of when I should apply for the cash out refinance. Do it now as rates are super cheap and my house will likely appraise for a lot of money? Or wait until we have the house we like and apply then?

    What can complete this a is the fact that we live in California, so there is the issue that once we pull money out of the current house, the property tax will go up by significant amount.

    submitted by /u/tO2bit
    [link] [comments]

    Hey. I’m buying a home with a partner. They say we need to put multiple offers into multiple properties all at once to get leverage in a sellers market.

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 12:07 PM PDT

    Can someone explain to me why? If i like a place what's the harm in only placing one offer?

    submitted by /u/Unlucky-External5648
    [link] [comments]

    Realtors did rent assessment for my area

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 01:35 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I made a post about 2 days ago. I asked about whether to rent out our home due to our unique situation.

    My mortgage is 1100/mo and our realtors did comps and think we could get $2200-$2500. We'd 100% use a management company.

    We're still in the researching phase.

    Every time I bring up renting to my family, they get concerned because I would have trouble kicking people out potentially (legally) if I needed too. And that people will destroy my house. That I could get sued by the tenant for whatever.

    I understand there are risks involved, but is it really as brutal as my family makes it out to be? What are some other risks that might deter me from this?

    submitted by /u/catnipdealer16
    [link] [comments]

    Tips on searching for lenders for a home mortgage loan under LLC?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 03:43 PM PDT

    Pretty self explanatory. I am interested in finding a lender for a new home mortgage (30 year, fixed) that would be open to LLC?

    Those that have been successful getting a lender for home mortgage under an LLC what tips advice can you share?

    submitted by /u/P0sh_Pizza
    [link] [comments]

    Buying house for elderly parent

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 10:24 AM PDT

    I have been throwing the idea around of buying a small house for my mother. She currently lives in a senior independent living apartment for those on a limited income. However, she lives about 30 minutes away from me and I would like her to be closer as she advances in age and may need more help. She has said that she would want to pay me rent if we were to do this. I am looking for others that have done something similar. What are the potential downside in this type of arrangement?

    submitted by /u/mommyanna
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment