• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 13, 2022

    What books are recommended for the starting a business? Step by step information? Entrepreneur

    What books are recommended for the starting a business? Step by step information? Entrepreneur


    What books are recommended for the starting a business? Step by step information?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 04:37 PM PST

    What books are recommended for the starting a business? Step by step information?

    submitted by /u/BunnyHump_Original
    [link] [comments]

    I might finally be getting my business loan!

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 10:16 PM PST

    Okay you guys I am just proud of myself right now!!!!!! I am applying for a business loan after testing the market and being successful with it, I just need a loan to expand to what I invision.

    I am so freaking proud of myself, I am finally almost done writing my business plan after what feels like a month of solid paper work. I have completed all my cost sheets, my start up and 5 year plan. I have completely laid out my estimate of a yearly income and everything I will need. My shop is getting renovated and I can almost taste my dream becoming a reality!!! Ahahahahha I can hardly wait!! I did this all on my own, no parents help or money, no one helped me with paper work or calling insurance companies extra... When I'm done I can stand proud of what I have accomplished and have no one to take it away from me! I'm only a 23F and I never thought I'd be so close to my dream life. So yah I just wanted to share this and say cheers to my fellow business people to making things happen and to this new year!

    submitted by /u/Scoutty_Drops
    [link] [comments]

    I (21M) just launched my Kickstarter project today!!!!

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 08:30 AM PST

    I feel VERY excited to finally launch this project I've been working on and I wanted to share the news!

    I am a university student and I've been working on this project for close to a year now, coming up with the idea, designing the product, finding manufacturers to produce the prototypes, building a social media presence etc. Doing everything by myself and having no experience or education about business/marketing, it's been pretty rough having to learn everything from scratch. But this subreddit has definitely been a lot of help and motivation to me so I want to thank y'all!

    I know launching on Kickstarter isn't anywhere near being "successful" but I am still very excited and really look forward to seeing how I can grow the business in the future! Just wanted to share the exciting news with this community. Definitely let me know what you think!

    ---

    EDIT1: Thank you stranger for the awards

    EDIT2: Thank you all for the comments. Love the support, also love the constructive criticism I've received. I try to reply to every single comment but sorry if I've missed yours, there are so many of you!

    EDIT3: Didn't know so many people have address on their ID. In my country we don't, so I've never considered this problem. Definitely something I need to think about!

    submitted by /u/OMGITSJASON
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone succeeded in a startup without investors?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 01:04 AM PST

    Hi all,

    I sort of want motivation from previous successors that run a profitable business. I planning to work on a project with no investors (bootstrapping).

    Do you have any technology success stories?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/yahya173
    [link] [comments]

    Sunday Rant about why this sub sux - get it out of your system! - February 13, 2022

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 02:00 AM PST

    Here's your chance to rant about how much this subreddit sux. Lets try to contain it to a single weekly thread - here.

    We're going to start removing any individual posts - because they're becoming quite meta, but it's only fair to have a regular place for constructive criticism. To be clear, no personal attacks will be tolerated here either - but feel free to use this post as a subreddit punching bag/soap box, and tell the mods what a terrible job we're doing.

    Also if you want to be a moderator/future punching bag, self-nominate with a post here. You must have contributed to this sub for at least 4 years (show us a 4 year old post, comments, etc). You must also be active on the sub in the last 3 months (comments or new submissions.).

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    How do you handle the hard days? Having one today

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 03:24 PM PST

    Today I had the toughest day. After a long week of sleep deprivation, working insanely long hours, today I had issues with a bunch of online payments and couldn't figure out a good way to solve it. These customers are extremely important to us and it made me feel awful about myself. I feel drained and unbalanced emotionally.

    How was your week? (Hopefully better than mine!) I was wondering what you do in these situations — just let it be or actively try to make yourself feel better?

    submitted by /u/Standard_Purpose6067
    [link] [comments]

    Too good to be true company making $7 million a year. How do i replicate?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 07:21 PM PST

    I'm 19. I was talking to a person (dad's close friend) who owns a virtual assistance agency. So basically his agency connects US businesses to virtual assistants in the india and philippines. I thought it wouldn't be very wise to question him how he is making it work and how do i replicate so im here.

    He charges $2400 a month to the US businesses and pays $700 to the people in the third world countries. He has $1500 monthly Recurring Profit per client and has around 400+ full time VAs.

    And the VAs are not being ripped off either $700 in India and Philippines is above average salary.

    His clients and virtual assistants work together side by side, but what I couldn't understand is why are these companies hiring VAs from his agency paying $2400 a month and not hiring themselves from upwork or other similar platforms?

    And my other question is why are the companies not poaching VA's, what stops them from directly working with the VA paying $700 a month for full time work? makes no sense to pay extra $1700 a month to the agency for basic client support and weekly task updates.

    I have a huge network of VAs who are looking for work in the philippines, so how do i replicate the business model? What sort of contracts, paperworks, company do i need to form to get this running?

    Btw, love the people in this sub.

    submitted by /u/Wilsonrana
    [link] [comments]

    Start up gaming company

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 02:55 AM PST

    Hi guys,

    I always wanted to start my gaming company and make my own game. I got few ideas I'd love to explore but I have absolutely no clue how. I want to find someone who wants to create it for me, and back it up with capital. Does anyone know an "easy" way do it?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Bishop68
    [link] [comments]

    I created a contract creation tool. Would you find it useful?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 02:54 AM PST

    I created a tool that helps you create secured contracts in 3 minutes.

    This tool is useful if you're working with a freelancer or vendor for the first time and trust hasn't been established yet.

    In the contract form, you add the receiver's email, contract name and terms.

    You review the contract and fund it securely. As soon as you're done, the freelancer gets an email with details of the contract. He can accept or decline the contract.

    The funds are only released when the contract has been fulfilled. And in a case where the contract is not fulfilled, the funds are automatically reversed to the client.

    This eliminates the worry of trust for both parties. The client doesn't risk loosing his money and the freelancer only begins work for funded contracts.

    It's parties can actually create contracts.

    Would you find this tool useful?

    Open to questions as well.

    submitted by /u/speak2klein
    [link] [comments]

    I'm the founder of startups which started monetizing. I also get two great job offers. What to do?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 01:53 AM PST

    I've been working on my business for 4 years. Sometimes during the full-time job, sometimes focusing fully on that (living from savings). Now, I've been working on my startups and living from savings. It would be good to repair my budget. The thing is...

    After a few tries, I've started monetizing my business with one client. I feel that now I just need to scale that. I want to build value, have a great company in the future - that's my goal, and be able to retire asap.

    The problem is - I've got also the offer from this client to work in his company as a Product Owner (I've got experience). He also has a vision for a product that fits great with my business and we can connect forces but he said that I'd need to help him as PO and this is "in the package". This is a well-paid position. I feel like I'd have big flexibility because there is no employer-employee relationship between us at... He is my client and a bit like my mentor.

    The next problem - I've got another, even better-paid offer from venture builders to become a CEO of their product. Great salary and 15% ownership. Exit after approx. 4 years for $4-10M. The thing is - this product is from the same niche that mine and there could be interests conflict. I told them about that, they are open to acquiring my startup or so... We will see. I'm 100% transparent. The other thing is, I feel that it could be a very consuming and full-time position that could get away a focus from my own 100% ownership businesses.

    What would you do? Which option would be better for me?

    I think about:

    1. Offer this guy a part-time (1/2) PO position for more money, so I only work 4h.
    2. Wait for the response from the recruitment team for the CEO position and we'll see.
    3. F that and still work on my businesses from savings...
    submitted by /u/iamzamek
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know where to buy bulk Faygo, exotic Fanta or other “exotic” sodas?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 12:49 AM PST

    Cheapest i've found faygos is $2.50AUD each in minimum 24 qty. I've found exotic faygos for literal cents on alibaba.com but I don't want to risk buying from an unreliable source.

    submitted by /u/j6163k
    [link] [comments]

    Do you find Google support pages/threads more difficult to understand?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 12:47 AM PST

    I run a Shopify store and I regularly have to go through support threads on Google and Shopify. Maybe it's just a hunch but the Shopify one's are always easier to understand, designed more in an ELI5 fashion with hyperlinks mentioned after each explaination.

    Google seems more concerned about keeping the page short, factual, and to-the-point. Which makes them more difficult to understand.

    Have any of you experienced this too?

    submitted by /u/AntNew2592
    [link] [comments]

    Cratejoy custom domain SSL error?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 11:39 PM PST

    Hi all,

    I am using Cratejoy to launch my platform. I did everything they asked. Putting correct cnames and linking through dashboard. However, the website is showing an SSL error. It's throwing a privacy concern error. I reached out to Cratejoy customer support two days back but they are taking too long to respond. The website is in production. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/hell9669
    [link] [comments]

    Indian people want to solve problems by building startups?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 09:04 PM PST

    Want to make a group to discuss problems on regular basis and reach to a launchable business plan.

    submitted by /u/bansal_ae
    [link] [comments]

    How do you guys handle a tough investor/partner?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 08:50 PM PST

    Wanted to get some advice from the people who may be much more experienced than I am.

    I have a small tech startup with a partner/investor that develops tech for restaurants. Unfortunately Covid happened and our business got hit hard.

    I am the original developer of the idea and built a prototype and then to a working minimum viable product and my old boss took the leap and invested money in my business when he saw all the potential. I only own 25% of the company while my partner/investor/CEO owns 75%.

    I've worked so hard with all the grunt work and done so many all nighters and haven't got paid for a long time to help slow down the burn rate of the company. The product has become much more solid in the area, our customers stopped paying us when Covid happened. He keeps saying I am not doing enough and he is the only one that put in so much money into the business. The part where he put the money in is true as I didn't put nearly as much money into the business but I've done everything else. The thing is I would put that money in if I had that money. I'm unable to make my next months mortgage payment (which I am not sure what to do atm) but he still tells me I'm not doing enough. He also didn't want me to find another job while working on this company on the side and told me he expected me to get money from my friends/family. It sucks how there's only 24 hours in a day because I constantly feel like I need more. I'm burned out.

    It's affected every aspect of my life and I haven't seen family/friends in a while because of time spend with this startup.

    I humbly ask from you all who maybe more knowledgeable in this area if I am doing anything wrong and if so maybe point me into the right direction.

    submitted by /u/justonelemon
    [link] [comments]

    Managing finances with cofounder

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 08:38 PM PST

    So me and my cofounder are 50/50 partners for a tech startup that we've been running for awhile. Until now it was mostly self bootstrapped and we were happy building it without any monetary incentive and haven't to this point touched much on this point. However we've just recently come into a fairly substantial amount of VC funding which we're ecstatic about.

    We finally have the budget to pay ourselves an income as well as start aggressively hiring employees. Salaries will make up the bulk of our business's costs. The question is how do we manage these finances? How should we decide how much to pay ourselves, as well as how much to pay our future employees? Keen to hear from the experienced entrepreneurs here how to navigate finances, especially with a cofounder, whether its better to run the treasury by committee or if it should be managed by one person, how to avoid squabbles and ideological differences when it comes to money, and general advice on this matter, etc? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/gtsui
    [link] [comments]

    I own an ATM Business in NYC. AMA

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 02:31 PM PST

    I've owned an ATM company in NYC for around half a decade. 2 employees, half a million annual revenue. Lot of people talk about this business, if anyone is curious ask me questions.

    submitted by /u/Maui082
    [link] [comments]

    How do you know when to seek Angels/VC funding?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 05:36 PM PST

    As a startup that is about to launch, I have no idea what our demand will be like besides the several hundred signups we managed to get over the last few weeks. Assuming our startup does well and has potential for amazing growth, how will I know when to seek external funding, or just grow organically?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/demonology26
    [link] [comments]

    I'll make your logo for free

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 01:38 AM PST

    Hello everyone,

    Having had some experience in graphic design in the past, I would like to update my portfolio with new content and improve my technique.

    Instead of working on abstract examples, I am willing to offer logos for free if people are interested.

    I have no guarantee on how long it will take and if the design will be perfect, but I prefer to practice on real cases: often designers practice with abstract examples, resulting in "perfect" logos, but absolutely not representative of their ability to transform a client's ideas into something concrete.

    I'm not sure I can answer everyone but if people want to help me in my task of practicing on real business, I would be grateful.

    Thanks to you all,

    klbs

    EDIT : Thank you very much for all your DMs, I received an amazing amount of requests, so I'm closing the offer for the moment, I have at least 15 logos to do ahahah

    submitted by /u/KLBS38
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to start a new business and I’m terrified.

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 04:54 PM PST

    Myself and two friends are trying to start a storage facility in Texas and we have started working on a business plan. We have planned to have around 80k saved by the end of this year and want to start something/ buy and existing property but we have little to no idea what to do. There are so many things that go into starting a business and the finance side of it especially we're lost on how to move forward. Any ideas or tips? Thanks y'all!

    submitted by /u/Financial_Ad4737
    [link] [comments]

    How do you handle a job that you over estimated?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 04:41 PM PST

    For context, I'm a marine carpenter (I work on boats), and am getting close to the halfway point on a job that I estimated at a full month. I'm about a week into it. I expect the job to cost 25% less than my estimate. I've under-estimated plenty of times and usually swallow the cost if I can justify it. Most of my work is set at time and materials, so I usually don't give estimates at all.

    Anyway, should I give the customer a discount, or charge them my estimated price? I'm in a super niche industry and the owner transported their boat 75 miles specifically for my services. I'd like to hear some input.

    submitted by /u/ShipwrightPNW
    [link] [comments]

    Leasing rooftops for solar?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 03:25 PM PST

    I've been diving deep into solar panels and powering my home Independently of the grid. I was walking my dog today and noticed all the low rise apartment buildings that surround a park. Lots or space, no obstructions, and a shallow slope that would be perfect for solar panels.

    That got me thinking, which brings us to the purpose of this post, would it be possible to lease roof space from large residential or commercial properties and put up solar panels? Revenue would be generated from selling electricity to the grid during peak hours. Would love flush out this idea and whether or not it makes any sense. Cheers!

    submitted by /u/Dem0Populi5t
    [link] [comments]

    Tree removal business net profit margins

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 03:23 PM PST

    Could anyone here who runs a tree removal business share what the rough net profit margins are?

    I'm doing some calculations and want to ideally get a few perspectives from actual business owners to see how my calculations fare.

    submitted by /u/Snoopsprouts
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an online ad company which does minimally invasive ads

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 09:19 AM PST

    Hello everyone, I'm looking for a real company which I've forgotten the name of. Their business model is based on 'respectful' ads which don't detract from the main content (by being smaller, having muted colours, etc). I think most of their business was related to tech sectors. Does anyone know the name of this company?

    submitted by /u/UHM-7
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment