• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 7, 2021

    [PA] My car was totalled during Ida, its now missing. Police initially did not allow me to file a police report for a stolen car. How will the clailm proceed? Insurance

    [PA] My car was totalled during Ida, its now missing. Police initially did not allow me to file a police report for a stolen car. How will the clailm proceed? Insurance


    [PA] My car was totalled during Ida, its now missing. Police initially did not allow me to file a police report for a stolen car. How will the clailm proceed?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 01:16 PM PDT

    As said above, my car was completely underwater during hurrican IDA. It has been almost a week since the incident. The police have zero record of having my car towed. It is clearly missing.

    I am insured by GEICO.

    The insurance adjuster said that because I have no car to produce I will need to change my claim from a storm claim to a stolen car claim. Apparently this requires a police report.

    How does a situation like this play out? Is there a way to make the police have to let me get a report? or bypass the report?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/Noah0
    [link] [comments]

    Work at a small claims management firm, do all there analytics. They are only concerned with Cycle Time & Status of Claims between our Claims Management Software and Xact. Is there any other stats I could measure to help our Claims Manager & Executive Team get more business from carriers?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 12:43 AM PDT

    (Located in United States)

    Disclaimer: Never took an insurance exam, have worked for an insurance Broker & now a Claims Management Company.

    We currently use PowerBI, and we just track live claim statuses per Carrier. its almost real time, it just refreshes every 15-30 minutes. I also track average cycle time.

    However, Im wondering if there's really anything else that can be tracked? Senior Management/Executive Team are pretty supportive/trusting of me. Of course, I've never wrote an estimate or reviewed a file in my life. I am though accompanying some roof inspections with a field adjuster every other week to just have some in field experience.

    I also understand a lot of it has to do how the operations of the company/SOP is. We currently have a couple consultants working as interim C-Suite positions (Chief Claims Officers, Chief Sales Officers) who are helping the owners/the rest of management provide better service for our carriers.

    submitted by /u/BigBoatThrowaway
    [link] [comments]

    Becoming and Independent Medicare Agent

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 06:44 PM PDT

    I am currently a Supervisor on a project for a top tier Medicare Advantage and Supplement insurance carrier. Even tho I am a novice in the Medicare side of insurance, I've had many years of experience as a Supervisor as well as being a captive agent for another company where I sold plans to those 65 and under.

    I really want to get into the independent thing but I don't know where to start. Im looking for insight or a mentor of sorts.

    Please help!

    submitted by /u/Traditional_Ad9296
    [link] [comments]

    Does getting a speeding ticket on an uninsured vehicle raise insurance prices for that driver's other insured vehicles?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 09:54 PM PDT

    The basis of the question kind of follows whether or not insurance rates follow the driver or the vehicle. I was looking for a while online and I was not able to find any answers to this question; usually, they just mentioned the repercussions of an uninsured driver driving someone else's insured vehicle. So if a ticket was paid for the uninsured vehicle, would insurance companies know about it because of the driver's name and increase premiums or would it fly under their radar since they are not associated with the vehicle? Thanks in advance!

    The setting would be in California.

    submitted by /u/blahooboo
    [link] [comments]

    Small business cyber insurance policy says it ensures independent contractors. Really?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 04:00 PM PDT

    I'm reviewing one of the insurance policies for a business. It is for cyber insurance, covering things like data breaches.

    The policy clearly states that it covers "Any agent or independent contractor, including distributors, licensees and sub-licensees". These types of people/vendors are included among "the insured" – as of course is the business that is paying for the actual policy.

    According to the way I'm reading this, anytime an independent contractor hired by the business makes a mistake that results in a some kind of breach, the businesses insurance (rather than the independent contractors insurance, if they have any) would cover it.

    This seems like a bad deal for the underwriters. If the business hires tons of independent contractors, then there's no need for each of those contractors to get their own insurance. It's all covered under the businesses's policy.

    Is this typical?

    submitted by /u/hipaagriff
    [link] [comments]

    Allstate: "Oh, your door was obliterated? Too bad, it had a minor scratch from 2011"

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 07:42 PM PDT

    So a couple of weeks ago, I hydroplaned and slammed into some concrete barriers at something like 35 mph. Both of the doors on my right side suffered SIGNIFICANT physical damage in the form of multiple large dents, including one that pushed part of a panel INwards in such a way that a nearby part of the panel was bent OUTwards (like a meteor crater), so now a semi-triangular piece of the door sticks out roughly 1-2 inches when the door is closed. At the very least the doors will need some pretty miraculous dent repair, but in all likelihood they'll need to be replaced. I reported the claim (with lots of photos) through the app.

    A while later, I get a comically low initial estimate back from Allstate, so I take it to one of their in-network body shops and show both the damage and the estimate to a mechanic there, who agreed that the estimate makes no sense, or at least WOULDN'T make any sense if it weren't for a line that was written in jargon that I didn't understand. He said Allstate was declaring that the doors wouldn't be covered because they had "pre-existing damage." So I called up Allstate to ask what that was about, and they said that because the doors had been scratched when I lightly scraped them against a pillar going about 1mph while trying to squeeze into a parking space about ten years ago, which I never even bothered to file a claim for since it would cost me more in the long run and I honestly don't care if my car is scratched, there was essentially no amount of damage that could be done to those doors that would be covered. (Apparently they could tell the scratches were old because some of them had developed a small amount of rust.) So, as far as I understand what they said, I could get T-boned on that side and the doors wouldn't be covered. A meteor could hit them and they wouldn't be covered. Someone could take a sledgehammer to them for an hour and they wouldn't be covered.

    I've tried searching through my policy for any fine print addressing this issue, but so far I haven't found anything. So to all you helpful people out there: Is this seriously a legitimate thing an insurance company can do? Is there anything that *I* can/should do about it? Is there someone (beyond anyone at Allstate) who I should be calling? It's hard for me to think of something that would drive me as a customer away MORE than this.

    submitted by /u/mintberry_punch
    [link] [comments]

    Can I find a Claims Job with just a State License and no prior insueance experience?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 03:55 PM PDT

    I am a college graduate with 8 years of Sales, Customer Service, and Accounts Receivable experience. Looking to make a career change but it seems so hard to find even a Trainee job. Where do I even look? In really need of some guidance.

    submitted by /u/TheAwesomeHeel
    [link] [comments]

    Is there health insurance for foreign travelers to the US?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 07:29 PM PDT

    Hi, this is for US based health insurance question. My parent who is 69, is coming to visit me in the States. He doesn't have a US passport but does have a driver's license and a social security number. Is there any way to put him on my health insurance or is there any insurance providers that will do short-term health insurance for foreign travelers?

    I'm just worried about him getting sick while here. I currently reside in Nevada.

    submitted by /u/huangr93
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a scam? How do I tell?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 04:33 PM PDT

    Back in 2019, I took my son to an urgent care place for a sports injury. Long story short, they are still trying to bill me $65 that I do not owe, and I'm not sure what to do about it. My son had double insurance: primary through my work and secondary through the state because I adopted him through foster care and that's one of the benefits you get. When I got the first bill, I called the company and told them to bill secondary -- this sort of thing happened a lot and once a company bills secondary, I'm not supposed to have to pay anything. I have an email from someone in the company saying they would stop billing me. Then about once a year, I get the exact same bill from them. This time they said they want a picture of the insurance card, not just the information. I don't have the insurance card because my son has since turned 18 and no longer has that insurance. Plus it was never a card in the first place (in Oregon, it's just a letter). I think this is ridiculous -- if they really thought I owed money, wouldn't they have sent it to a creditor by now? Is this a scam?

    Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do? TIA

    submitted by /u/estrogyn
    [link] [comments]

    Cancelling primary health insurance in order to only use secondary?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 05:12 AM PDT

    New York, USA. My insurance is not as good as my husband's and does not cover the OBGYN/hospital network we want to use for my pregnancy.

    I am now considering dropping my insurance through my job in order to exclusively use my husbands. Is there a formal process to go about this and does dropping my primary automatically make my husband's insurance my primary?

    Unfortunately there isn't a lot of information available regarding this particular situation. Thank you

    submitted by /u/dirtypineapple
    [link] [comments]

    Water main leak (Colorado)

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 02:22 PM PDT

    Hello. Thanks for any advice.

    I just found a water leak coming out from the pipe that enters my house. I think the leak is coming from inside the concrete wall. There is no other visible damage as the leak goes straight to the sump.

    I already called a plumber, but I want to know if the house insurance would cover this.

    The issue is not due to lack of maintenance or negligence. The pipe broke, and being inside the concrete, I assume what was designed to be there for the home's life.

    Below is a link to the problem if it helps to provide advice.

    https://imgur.com/a/dNZF56X

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/fllease2018
    [link] [comments]

    Received a subrogation letter 8 months ago to old address

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 12:56 PM PDT

    New to country, bought a car did not have insurance for a week and got into accident in apartment parking. Settled an accident with 50:50 in November and moved to stay with my parents and wondered why they never contacted me for his side of damages. Subrogation letter was delivered to my old address in January. Recently went to collect the mails and found it in the stash accompanied by a seven day notice delivered in February. The notice states that they can have my license and registration suspended, but I don't see anything changed on the AZ MVD website.

    Total amount on dispute: 1200$

    Should I call them back? What are the consequences of not calling? I'm moving to a different state now, am I still liable as my license id would change? Note that my license hasn't changed yet and is still registered to AZ. And I'm planning on selling the car now.

    Would they have already sent it to collections? I'm in a stage to settle it, but could not responding to the notice have aggravated anything?

    submitted by /u/NoImportance9374
    [link] [comments]

    When you receive an ACV payment for multiple items and you only replace part of them to collect the remaining replacement costs, how do they calculate that?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 08:39 AM PDT

    For instance, ACV payment of $1,000 for two couches with $3,000 remaining in replacement cost benefits. You only replace one couch for $2,000, would they split the ACV payment as $500 per couch thus paying $1,500 or would they require the whole ACV payment to be met before paying anything more, thus my cost of $2,000 for one couch minus $1,000 (total ACV for two couches) equals $1,000 payment for the one couch, but $2,000 still left of replacement benefits if I should buy another couch.

    This is going to make a big difference on the small stuff like clothing, CDs, and books where I was paid a big ACV payment for a whole group of items and if they don't prorate the remaining replacement value per item then it wouldn't be worthwhile replacing the items because I would have to spend too much to reach the level where I would start to get remaining replacement payments.

    submitted by /u/Wonderful-Ad-3252
    [link] [comments]

    Short term auto policy - NY/US

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 09:36 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, I need to rent a car for a month coming up and I am considering going through a local dealership (yes I've considered Turo etc and for my needs the dealer is definitely an option that is on the table); however, as I currently do not own or lease a car I do not have any auto insurance. To rent through the dealer I need to have full coverage insurance.

    So here are my questions:

    1) Is full coverage just basic state minimum coverage? I know my credit card covers insurance for a rental car if I go through a company like hertz, would my cc cover this as well (I recognize this may vary so more looking for other's experience)?

    2) Are there such things as short term insurance options (scale of 1 month) and based on other's experience are these worth considering?

    3) Would you recommend taking out the minimum policy and canceling it once the term is over?

    Appreciate any other suggestions you may have!

    submitted by /u/coreybenny
    [link] [comments]

    Earphones accident insurance

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 09:25 AM PDT

    I'm looking for a 2-year world-wide accident insurance for the sweet Sony earphones I just purchased.

    (I couldn't buy it at time of Amazon checkout because it wouldn't "ship" from Germany to Hungary)

    What insurance providers cover international travellers? If none, what about Europe-wide?

    submitted by /u/TomHale
    [link] [comments]

    What life insurance policy will approve me even with history of depression?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 08:24 AM PDT

    So far statefarm and Allstate has denied me life insurance policy because My history with depression. Since I had to release my medical records. My job only offers life insurance if your full time so it's not an option for me to go with my employer unfortunately. I'm in GA if that helps any. I'm just trying to get that out of the way so I don't have to think about it later in life. So it's nothing like crazy I'm just trying to secure that when I die my kid isn't left with the baggage of having to raise money for a funeral. Like my mom was with her mother.

    submitted by /u/Ambitious-Adagio8953
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance advice needed

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 06:23 AM PDT

    Can I donate some items that insurance replaced?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 04:51 AM PDT

    My basement backed up from Ida, it's my first experience with this type of thing. Going to try to implement plumbing controls to keep it from happening again.

    My basement mostly had junk that I wasn't using, but I'm realizing that although I don't need everything replaced, some neighbors lost everything. And I think I would like to donate some of those items to my neighbors. Is this permitted? I have like an old TV, washer, dryer, old laptops etc. I wouldn't really need replacements for those things, but my neighbors probably do. Not even sure at this point if insurance will replace them or try to clean/sanitize them…

    Not trying to scam my insurance company, if this isn't allowed I won't pursue it. [NJ]

    submitted by /u/jackalooz
    [link] [comments]

    My insurance claim reimbursement check was mailed 8/26 and it’s 9/6, why is it taking so long to receive in the mail? WTF?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 06:58 AM PDT

    Employer enrolled me in health insurance even though I asked that it be waived, didn't know I had it

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 08:25 PM PDT

    Last year I thought I waived my health insurance through my employer (I am a grad student and I was studying from home last year, so my university's HMO wouldn't have been of any use). I used my parents health insurance plan throughout the year for various appointments (including a minor surgery) believing it was my only health insurance. Recently I found out that some other grad students also thought they had waived coverage through the university but had in fact been enrolled the whole time, which is when I checked and realized that I was actually enrolled also.

    I think my university insurance might be primary here, and also that virtually every appointment I had was out of network with my university insurance, but in network with my parents insurance. What does this mean for me?

    submitted by /u/Ok-Tree3088
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment