• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 7, 2021

    Marketplace Tuesday! - September 07, 2021 Entrepreneur

    Marketplace Tuesday! - September 07, 2021 Entrepreneur


    Marketplace Tuesday! - September 07, 2021

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    Please use this thread to post any Jobs that you're looking to fill (including interns), or services you're looking to render to other members.

    We do this to not overflow the main subreddit with personal offerings (such logo design, SEO, etc) so please try to limit the offerings to this weekly thread.

    Since this thread can fill up quickly, consider sorting the comments by "new" (instead of "best" or "top") to see the newest posts.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    1 Million subscribers celebration! Free Flair!

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 07:55 AM PDT

    Hello Team,

    We are approaching 1m subscribers, a huge milestone for any subreddit. I, personally, joined with this community back in 2016 with around 160,000 members; it has been my honor to watch it grow. We are always seeking improvement and ways to enhance our community. Over the years we have implemented the following features, some of these are site-wide, but highlighting nonetheless.

    • Thread Flairs - which allow you to sort content by topic, we articulate the flairs.
    • AMA's - We invite people from the Start-up community to provide value to the community.
    • Laissez-Faire Moderation - As a moderation team, we try not to be a censorship team. We take a light approach to curating the content of this sub. We rely on your support by way of "reporting" threads to bring them to our attention. You are encouraged to report rule violations.
    • User Flairs - We validate and verify user's flairs, the purpose is to instill trust within our members.
    • Circular Feedback - The moderation team wants to hear your feedback, we will often solicit/survey the community to request feedback on new features, rules, and similar community enhancements. Don't hesitate to reach out and share your idea!
    • Karma Post Requirements - We require 10 Karma points before posting to encourage new users to interact with our community prior to posting.

    NEW FEATURES -

    • Job Board - This was a requested feature and we have partnered with a wonderful platform that enables us to provide this at no cost to our members. Please see the sidebar for more information

    Flair Celebration -

    • If you're interested in a custom flair to display next to your user name in our community, we will be validating and verifying flairs for the next 7 days. To obtain one post or direct message in the exact format below
      • Username: FITGuard
      • Flair Requested: Moderator
      • Proof: LinkedIn or Website.com or Portfolio URL

    If you have any thoughts, comments, stories of victory or defeat, feel free to share with us below!

    submitted by /u/FITGuard
    [link] [comments]

    Come from a family of restaurateurs, I see lots of misconceptions about restaurant ownership, AMA.

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 05:28 AM PDT

    I was basically born into the restaurant business and I have been in the game since I was basically 12. My parents and I own/operate 7 different restaurants. Ranging from 4.5mm revenue with 20 percent EBITDA, to as low as 600k revenue with 25 percent EBITDA. All are turning a profit. I think there is a big misconception that restaurant owners don't make a lot of money. This is true if you treat your restaurant as a place to hang out or you think it's for fun, in the end, you are running a business so you must treat it like one.

    I would love to give any aspiring restaurateurs advice or answer any questions because I had many questions myself when I was starting even with my parent's experience and guidance.

    submitted by /u/bitmexdegenerate
    [link] [comments]

    I have a method that will allow vertical farms and hydroponic growers to improve their planting density, among other benefits. Let's see if you can tell me why it isn't worth a trillion dollars.

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 09:55 AM PDT

    I made a youtube video

    Alternatively, you could type in 'Pseudoroot' on youtube and its the video about hydroponic grow media. Anyway, I believe there is a major business case here - whenever I show people how Im growing plants they think it looks alien so i know im doing something very different, i just dont know if this tangent leads to anything.

    submitted by /u/bobalins
    [link] [comments]

    Probably ending my business, possible ADHD- how to move forward?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 06:33 AM PDT

    I'm not formally diagnosed but 99.9% sure positive I have some type of ADHD. I've been operating my business for 4 years and it's been doing really well, but I've been overextending myself for a few years, especially this year. It's been increasingly difficult to care about it

    I took a week off from work a few weeks ago and now can't find the energy or care to do ANY of my work. I get what I need to done, bare minimum. I'm not proud. The end-product is always great but it's a messy process getting there.

    I know I don't want to continue my business anymore and plan to slow down starting November. I don't know what to do next. I have some savings that will buy me time. I'm thinking of selling my knowledge from what I've learned in my field just to make some money in the meantime while I figure things out.

    I don't know if I can make money from the things I like doing but I know I have to make a living. The problem is, I suck at getting things done if I don't like it. First world problems and I don't know if it's ADHD plays a role. My health insurance is not great so I'm waiting to get a better plan before getting evaluated for ADHD.

    I worked with a life coach and that helped a little but it's been costly for me to continue. I listen to podcasts, read books, but I'm hitting a wall.

    Can anyone relate?

    submitted by /u/lalaladootdoot
    [link] [comments]

    I just started my own news paper/website

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 10:40 PM PDT

    My town has a population of 35k and growing by 10 people a day.

    We have no local paper.

    Everybody is moving here from half the country away.

    My day job is sales and im good at it so hoping i can use that to sell ads.

    I have written a book before and decent at writing and can interview clients in sales but have never done journalism.

    I have a small army behind me backing me and helping me get articles but its still new.

    Has anybody started a paper or news website and made some money i would love tips and share as i begin.

    Im starting with a website then going to the paper monthly. I have 800 article ideas and have written 35 so far. This will help at launch. I have 0 advertisers so far but once i launch i will dig in and find them.

    submitted by /u/siskainc
    [link] [comments]

    Fun businesses?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 01:10 PM PDT

    Hello entrepreneurs!

    What are fun businesses?

    submitted by /u/poppunklives
    [link] [comments]

    Finally started. Although it's very small. But...it's a start.

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 03:11 AM PDT

    I wanted to start my patisserie business since so long now (graduated from college last year), but I got too wrapped up in details that a year just went by in calculating everything.
    I've just created my Instagram page, with the website developing in background, so the website will be up soon.

    But it feels so good - weirdly good, and nervous to be starting.

    I'd love to receive some support from you guys as well. Please check the page out!

    https://www.instagram.com/betsubara.patisserie/

    submitted by /u/toshitushi
    [link] [comments]

    How do you keep yourself accountable?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 08:49 AM PDT

    I am single person have my own business but sometimes I go off tangent and slack my work. There is no accountability and no consequences if I don't do my job.

    I had job and I always completed my work. I miss my company work to just do my job work.

    So my question is How do you keep yourself accountable without anybody watching you?

    How do you created situation that you don't slack when you have no manager no employees and no consequences?

    submitted by /u/redfaceredditoe
    [link] [comments]

    What industries do you guys think are gonna take off next?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 09:31 AM PDT

    I'm trying to think of ones that are not as well known. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Itscameronman
    [link] [comments]

    Starting my own custom jewelry business, thoughts?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 08:39 AM PDT

    Hey r/Entrepreneur my names Vicente and I'm 17 years old. I'm trying to start my handmade jewelry business and I need some way to get my website viewed by a large sum of people. I'm not sure how to spread my website across multiple platforms and get the viewers and customers I need to make my business a success. Please let me know how I can change this, thank you.

    https://cave-of-crystalz.myshopify.com/

    submitted by /u/Dealide237
    [link] [comments]

    “Glamping” buisness

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 10:34 AM PDT

    My Fiancé and I are interested in starting a place to go glamping, likely buying land and building nice canvas tents, or trying to buy some land and convert it into a campsite.

    Any Advice is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/mcgrathgaming21
    [link] [comments]

    Best website builder for property listing with potential for booking or enquiry capabilities?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 01:50 PM PDT

    Basic idea is for property listings posted by owner, possibly for a fee, with capability for viewer to browse, view information, send enquiries and possibly book also. Not sure what the best website builder would be for this?

    submitted by /u/SharlEclair
    [link] [comments]

    30 Day Challenge - set your goals and have the resources to achieve them

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 01:47 PM PDT

    Hello fellow entrepreneurs and those seeking to become entrepreneurs. Over the next few weeks, I will be hosting a 30 Day Challenge where I give the public access to the people I would ask questions to if I needed answers. The purpose of this 30 day challenge is for people to set worthwhile goals of something they always wanted to do, and have the resources for them to accomplish those goals.

    The benefit for you is you get to contact someone directly that is doing something you want to do. The benefit for them is they get to push their products and services. If you have a product or service please contact me through Instagram @ blessedclay and I will do a Podcast Showcase of your company. I will try to spread out the type of companies showcased throughout the month.

    Here are a few of the people I trust (I will be adding more people through out the length of the challenge):

    My name is Al-Rahim Burke. I am the owner of Pro Sè Apparel and Jen.Nes.Sei.Qua Clothing. I started both companies in 2021. Since starting both brands I have made connections with manufacturers abroad. Currently, I sell unisex Hats, T-Shirts, Hoodies and Sunglasses. I also have Varsity Jackets as well as Leather Jackets. If you are interested in my merchandise you can tap in with me at @ proseapparelnj and @ jen.nes.sei.qua on Instagram (IG). Lastly, if you are considering starting a clothing line or getting some wholesale merchandise I can assist you with that too.

    My name is Laina Avant , I have helped hundreds of entrepreneurs start a business. I now Focus on digital marketing to increase traffic and revenue. If you need help with digital marketing please contact me [laina@leap21.com](mailto:laina@leap21.com)
    Please follow at IG: @ leap21_llc and FB: @ leap21

    Hi! My name is Denese Duran I am the Ceo and co-founder of Podcasters unlimited. Podcasters Unlimited is a network of original shows and a consultancy for new and established podcasts. We stand on our four pillars of content, consulting, curriculum and collaboration. We offer services to self-run podcasts, small to medium-sized businesses, as well as big brands and corporations. If you are interested in a consultation go to - https://podcastersunlimited.net/contact

    Hi! I'm Simon Grunfeld, an 18 year veteran of the Fintech, SaaS, and PaaS industries. I am a partner in Akemona - a crowdfunding platform, which issues regulatory compliant security tokens for issuers. Akemona turns fans into investors and helps organizations raise up to $5 Million, under Reg CF (just like Kickstarter), but we issue SEC/FINRA approved Etherium based tokens, as opposed to paper certificates. If you're looking to raise capital for your existing business or project, we should talk!

    Finally, I am Jalaine Watts, I have worked developing and marketing websites and web applications for 20 years. I have worked with and consulted for fortune 500 companies and many start-ups. I am a concept to deployment type of guy. If you want to chat about starting a website development company, software consulting (getting started, front-end, back-end, Anrdoid or Ios) or marketing in general and getting products to market contact me on IG @ blessedclay or Twitter @ jalainewatts.

    All updates will be displayed on my social media, Instagram @ blessedclay and Twitter @ jalainewatts.

    Do not be afraid to reply in this thread and promote yourself, your product or your service. If you have a specific interest eg. "Zero Down Real Estate", follow me and message me on Instagram and I will see if I can satisfy your request. I want more and more people to come and promote their products and services. If I have to do a new Podcast Showcase everyday I am prepared to do so.

    Set a worthwhile goal to reach in 30 days and get the help you need to achieve it.

    submitted by /u/jalainewatts
    [link] [comments]

    I want to build an app but have no skills

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 01:45 PM PDT

    I would like to build an app for a business idea that I have but I don't know how to start. If I were to hire someone to make a mock up one, how much would I need to pay?

    submitted by /u/Lvb136
    [link] [comments]

    First hiring & scaling a DM agency

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 01:43 PM PDT

    Hired my first employee last month. This is his first job and he has a lot to learn. But so far he's been cooperative and doing things that he's supposed to do, even when I'm managing him remotely.

    I'm into digital marketing and web design/dev (WordPress projects only so far). I would like to scale more if everything goes well, I'm hoping to hire a graphic/web designer so that I can delegate more design works to him/her. The person I hired recently is mostly into digital marketing (though he works on WP projects as well).

    And later on I would like to hire someone for a BD role as well to get more projects.

    People who have bootstrapped a digital marketing agency. What points would you have for me to scale effectively?

    I'm taking things slow, learning things every day. Anything from your experience would greatly help me.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Aggressive-You-816
    [link] [comments]

    How much to charge?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 01:42 PM PDT

    Hey,

    I've just graduated from my BSc Psychology with Media and Communications degree and received a 2.1

    I now want to start my own business! My vision is to create a social media marketing design company which creates logo design, business cards, website designing etc for small businesses. I have some work experience being a Social Media Coordinator for a business already where I create content for them and do all the copywriting and posting.

    I would like to offer my expertise to small businesses who may not have time or the skills to create content for their social media accounts (Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, LinkedIn, their Website)

    However, I have absolutely no idea what to charge for my services. I was thinking maybe of doing a free consultation video call with potential clients but I have no clue how much to charge for designing clients logo's, websites, and managing their socials.

    Could anyone offer me any advice surrounding pricing please and how much I should charge? I'd greatly appreciate it! ☺️

    submitted by /u/watermelon_gal
    [link] [comments]

    What’s your 3 Reasons to succeed in life ?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 02:22 AM PDT

    In Another word What's your Future Pull ! Mines are

    submitted by /u/walhomedi
    [link] [comments]

    3 questions about professionalism, billing and hiring

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 01:15 PM PDT

    I have run a cleaning/holiday light business for 4.5 years now. I have improved and honed my work over the years and customers love the end product. I end up with a referral or a good yelp/google review after each job. I feel like I could be doing more in the way of branding and professionalism in order to grow. I started the business because I value time off over money. That said, I am 30 now and am thinking about starting a family and buying a house so I want to scale the business and focus on growth.

    This business has been a solo operation every year and has been growing but very slowly ($45k in year 1 to $90k ytd at about 70-80% margins). So I show up to a job - just me - in my older, unbranded truck, in an unbranded t shirt. All my jobs are verbal/text/email agreements, no contracts and very little paperwork for billing/receipts. I am wondering if wearing a branded t shirt, getting some professional looking magnets for the truck and some sort of contract/scope of work write up plus automatic receipt or thank you letter would bring me more business.

    1. Has anyone implemented this in a way that has brought more clients in?
    2. Is there some kind of software that allows you to send quotes and a scope of work before the job and a receipt/request for review after the job?
    3. I need an employee for this Winter and the coming Spring. It would be a seasonal position but would require an employee to get on a ladder or roof. I am unsure of where to start for this process but I'd like it to be legit in case of injury, etc. Does anyone have a resource or reading material or a phone number to call to get more info for this?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/pizzascholar
    [link] [comments]

    Low Overhead Ideas

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 12:39 PM PDT

    I have a podcasting startup, but growth is slow, and I could use some extra income in the meantime. Does anyone have a good idea for a low overhead side gig? I've got experience in a number of fields, from graphic design and audio editing to marketing and diy home/auto repair, but not much capital at my fingertips. Not necessarily looking for quit-my-day-job money, but could definitely use some side income. Any ideas would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/bsweet35
    [link] [comments]

    ADVICE NEEDED: 31YO freelancer in Los Angeles with too much work

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 05:25 PM PDT

    I have a successful social media "business" in Los Angeles where I work with various businesses to develop organic content.

    I take home between 120k-140k before taxes annually, but recently I've had so many requests for work that I can't keep up.

    I've had several potential clients say they'd be comfortable with working with me as an 'agency' and that they'd love to see me hire someone to work underneath me...which I'd also love, but I'm very nervous about California employment law. I can't afford to pay for someone's insurance. Also curious if I need to set up an LLC? Any advice would be super helpful.

    submitted by /u/BevGlen_
    [link] [comments]

    Would this interest you?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 12:32 PM PDT

    Car show charity event I sell at. 4 days over labor day weekend. 1,000-3,000 participants 5,000-12,000 spectators attend. They sell advertising for the event. Price usually averages about $250 but changes yearly if they need more or less advertisers. Now while the spectators are generally from the state it is in, and the 3 surrounding states, the participants are from across half the country. Some driving 2,000 miles to attend with their car.

    So I started talking to the group that does the event. I asked them about e-commerce sellers and online only companies. Basically they told me that as long as they pay they don't care much about the company itself and would happily allow it. So here is what you could get. Also you design the advertisment and send it to them, they don't do it for you.

    Your advertisement on roughly 40,000 disposable place mats that go out to local restaurants in a 3-4 state area. Your advertisement in booklets they give each participant of the event. A 20x10 banner they will hang on the fence line around the entrance to the event. Also you can come yourself, or hire a local, to set up a both at the event to advertise or sell products.

    Prices change yearly and I'm waiting on the new price list which won't come out until early next year, but I'm curious to see if companies that aren't local would be interested, and yes we do have a few that aren't local but still do the booklets but not the others.

    Thanks.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/spongebob_nopants
    [link] [comments]

    LLC to a Holdings

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 12:14 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I have a quick question regarding the restructuring of an LLC.

    I've read a few things, and made a few calls but nothing is clear in any of it, or I'm just not understanding correctly. I want to restructure my current LLC as a Holdings company, same name - same EIN banking the same etc etc.

    The question I have is, how would I go about doing this? Do I need to hire an attorney? I'm so lost on this next step. I did however file the annual report for our LLC (that will eventually turn into the Holdings company) but I'm lost on this next step.

    Would I need to contact the IRS ? Any help is much appreciated !

    submitted by /u/kristphr
    [link] [comments]

    dispensary list

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 11:44 AM PDT

    Hello I for an I.T. company in the midwest that specializes in dispensaries. I am trying to find the best way to reach out to as many in the country as i can. a list of email address would be the most helpful. some states have them listed as public record , others i have had to call. but i would like like to find a more centralized place for all the info. any ideas?

    submitted by /u/TherealScrill
    [link] [comments]

    What are some of the biggest hurdles with your startup company? Everyone has them it’s just a question of how to overcome them

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 11:10 AM PDT

    Let me know 😊

    submitted by /u/jerseydogcoffee
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment