• Breaking News

    Friday, September 3, 2021

    In a tough spot small business

    In a tough spot small business


    In a tough spot

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 04:13 PM PDT

    I currently run Window Cleaning company that brings in about $65,000 in the summer. I got an offer from someone to buy my company. I really want to sell the company and move on and try something new but I'm having a hard time thinking of something else to start up. Just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to think of some thing to start up.

    I'm currently 24 years old about to turn 25 and I'm serious about putting my time into a company that I can grow and scale.

    If anyone has advice I would really appreciate it thank you.

    submitted by /u/TopDogg96
    [link] [comments]

    Can yoy have a business but only work 8 hours a day?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 06:20 AM PDT

    Really don't want to work more than that. I want enough money to be comfortable without stupid luxury bags or stupid fancy cars.

    submitted by /u/baduk_is_life
    [link] [comments]

    Employee always trying to blackmail for a raise

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 11:14 PM PDT

    We have a senior Manager at my office who is one of the top sales reps within our company. He generates about 40% off all the company's sales.

    Every 6 months our so, he starts getting mad about something and threatens the boss about leaving if her doesn't get a raise.

    Part of his threat is that he will send over our employees to the competitor if we do not bend to his salary raise demands.

    He has already suggested to two employees to go to the competitor, which they did. The company ended up giving the guy his raise as he said he would keep sending employees over unless the boss met his demands.

    If the company loses this guy, the revenue loss is over $2 million.

    Should we take the hit and get rid of him or continue to ride it our while he generates revenue for the company?

    submitted by /u/CentralSneakers
    [link] [comments]

    Business account that let's us purchase Cryptocurrency

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 02:18 AM PDT

    We are a company that focuses on different types of investments, crypto being one of them. What banks are ok with there being a lot of transactions, direct check deposits, and other investment related activities?

    submitted by /u/swipernoswiping302
    [link] [comments]

    Best bank for business credit

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 08:50 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a good bank that I can grow my biz with. Biz credit is important to me because right now all of my credit is on my personal file. Anytime I have to maneuver in my biz I'm getting personal pulls. So even though I have a 700 score it's hard for me to get a LOC or biz card because they see the pulls and deny. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Destination2021
    [link] [comments]

    Cardboard box suppliers

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 03:17 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, I'm currently working on the launch of my first business, selling sweets/candy. I'm just wondering if anyone knows any good suppliers for small parcel cardboard boxes (45x35x16cm).

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Coin-Spade
    [link] [comments]

    Don't have a business brain?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 05:12 AM PDT

    Does anyone ever feel like they don't have a "business brain"? My brain just doesn't function that way. Maybe It is some cognitive disorder or is this normal because "business can be learned"?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Uncertain_Sundae69
    [link] [comments]

    Any good recommendations for a simple online document management system?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 04:52 PM PDT

    At the moment my business is tiny and a spreadsheet does all I need in terms of recording my transactions. I've looked into accounting software but I just don't need anything so complex. Unfortunately this means all my invoices and receipts are stored in a couple folders on my computer desktop which doesn't feel secure at all.

    I'd love a recommendation for a really intuitive, simple platform where I can store these documents in the cloud. I'd like to be able to assign a date to each so I can sort them by date when needed, and maybe be able to add a tag or category to each. I also want it to be intuitive enough that I can give my accountant the login at the EOFY and even without having used it, they'll know what they're looking at.

    Does this sort of platform exist? I feel like Google Drive is too basic since it's not easy to sort them by date (right?), but something like Evernote is too complex for what I'm looking for. Any ideas most welcome!

    submitted by /u/quikwkaiua
    [link] [comments]

    Delivery only restaurant profit issue

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 12:40 AM PDT

    hello, I own a small delivery only fast food joint in my home country of Azerbaijan. I only work with delivery apps. My issue is regardless of how much revenue we have, I dont earn anything. To give more detailed information, avarage cost of food is around 30%, then delivery companies cut another 30%. I have two employees which have fixed salary that is not added to 30% food cost, I have been in the business for almost 6 months but it is always profits just cover the costs, regardless of grows in the sales.

    I what i have in my mind to improve the situation is: 1. renovate the place and have some tables so people can sit and draw additional revenue 2. have my own delivery but i dont have customer base to justfy my own delivery system.

    submitted by /u/MrKolbasa
    [link] [comments]

    Shipping from South Korea to the US?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 12:35 AM PDT

    I need some last minute advice. I have about 2000 pairs of socks that I need send to the US. Right now the only option provided was booking an entire 40' shipping container for $2000, which is really overkill for this small order and would severely decrease the profit margins. What are some other options I have for getting my products shipped to the US?

    submitted by /u/JaySayMayday
    [link] [comments]

    Vampskateboarding

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 08:19 PM PDT

    Hey guys, so I'm 15 I own a clothing brand @vampskateboarding and I'm looking for you guys to give me your honest opinion of it and if there's things I needa fix or upgrade!

    submitted by /u/hey_223
    [link] [comments]

    How do you check your LLC name hasn’t been used?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 07:51 PM PDT

    I have seen some online websites that claim to check, but I am unsure. If a name has been used in a different country (in the UK for example) can it be used in the US?

    submitted by /u/looking4answ3r5
    [link] [comments]

    Bonus Plan Help

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 11:19 PM PDT

    Our company is trying to motivate the sales team and started to offer cash incentives on daily closed deals.

    This is what they put together. Will this work or are there flaws?

    Deals submitted between 9am-12pm, $25 cash per deal

    Deals submitted between 12-3pm, $40 cash

    Deals submitted after 3pm, $100 cash.

    submitted by /u/BlueNights90
    [link] [comments]

    Those with small businesses impacted by covid can claim disaster loses on their taxes for 2020-2021 right?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 10:09 PM PDT

    I started my self employment in 2019 so I'm fairly new to business & taxes.. I don't know what stipulations there may be in regards to this but I imagen it's considered a valid loss claim on taxes.. Correct?

    submitted by /u/LeaderOfWolves
    [link] [comments]

    How long to get a new ein by fax?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 09:39 PM PDT

    It's like my 4th company so I can't get ein online. So I sent a fax. Those who applied recently by fax how long did it take for them to fax you back the ein?

    submitted by /u/United_Ant31
    [link] [comments]

    Best Way to Track Expenses for Tax Returns? - Any Good Software?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 05:49 PM PDT

    Currently I print out all my receipts, add them to a spreadsheet and highlight all the business expenses etc. It take a while. I'm thinking there must be an easier way to do my tax returns through the use of some kind of software.

    Can anyone recommend something for me to use?

    submitted by /u/AviatorPrints
    [link] [comments]

    What you think of Brex?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 09:28 PM PDT

    They give you a credit card to build business credit. And $250 Bonus when spend 1k on the first month. Anyone use them and happy?

    submitted by /u/United_Ant31
    [link] [comments]

    Do you charge sales tax at festivals?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 07:56 AM PDT

    I charge sales tax at festivals and people are always surprised. However, wouldn't I take a loss if I reported my earnings and then had to pay the sales tax myself? I see so many people at festivals (like street fairs and such) selling their goods with what seems like no sales tax included when I pay. Or do you slightly raise your price and include all or a chunk of the tax in the price? People seem surprised when I give them a higher number when they go to pay and I explain it's sales tax. I guess I could put up a sign but that might be a deterrent. Thanks for any input!

    submitted by /u/burrit0_queen
    [link] [comments]

    How are these places even breaking even?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 09:13 PM PDT

    I have interest in starting a micro business that sells stuff on ebay and amazon for a very niche market. But there are some businesses that I question how they survive. They are firearm shops and bicycle shops that I've noticed.

    I know of a firearm shop only that maybe sells a couple firearms a week. I assume their cost is more in one day then selling those couple firearms in a week. Then there is another one that is also a range. They have 10-20 people working there it seems. Very few firearm sales but it seems the range can get quite busy, but I still question how they are breaking even.

    Then bicycle shops. Similar thing. Selling a couple bicycle a month and has service that you question how that even covers the persons pay.

    submitted by /u/bigblackglock17
    [link] [comments]

    Square business checking

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 11:22 AM PDT

    Anyone using it? Can i transfer money ACH and bring in money ACH? I get checks? Account and routing for transfers or it's more like a prepaid card for my sales comparing to a real bank?

    I see there's no separate app for the service. Was wondering.

    submitted by /u/United_Ant31
    [link] [comments]

    Growing engagement for my small business

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 07:34 AM PDT

    As an entrepreneur during the pandemic, I found myself having to learn everything about running a virtual event, and one of the most challenging things for me was bumping up engagement during these events.

    I understood that it's time to shake off the stigma of virtual events. Virtual events are no longer second-rate. They're bumping up attendee engagement, creating an avenue for users to engage in one way or another, and providing a true sense of "being there" for many event attendees.

    So, through brainstorming and online research, I found new, innovative ways to power my audience's engagement during these events:

    • Live Q&A sessions were BIG (I see them mentioned in a lot of resources online, here's a great one if you wanna check it out)
    • Live games - who doesn't love a chit-chat session?
    • Dedicated networking power hours - people love having the chance to engage with others in a non "professional" setting.

    If you ever hosted a virtual event, what tips and tricks do you have for boosting engagement?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/horrorbandita
    [link] [comments]

    New business

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 05:09 PM PDT

    Hi all I have a brand new business that I've had for about 4 months. I just formed my llc and I'm all the way business compliant as far as email, website, bank account, etc.

    I've taken on debt to grow, scale, market, and automate my business.

    I made an account with dun and Bradstreet and now I'm just waiting on my code to make it official.

    My questions are how can I best advertise my business, how can I build financial business credit through my business because the debt I took on is on my personal credit, and how can I make my online store as profitable as possible with maximum traffic.

    I sell electronic apple devices: watches, phones, iPads etc just for context

    submitted by /u/Lateral_Thinker123
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations on Customer Database app/program

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 08:46 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I run a small tech repair business from home. I'm looking for an app/program that's easy to use that can provide these functions:

    Contact information Date Type of job completed Price of job Etc

    I'm hoping that the program can function for then searching contacts or sales for the month, etc.

    I'm sorry if this explanation wasn't very clear. I suppose I just need some sort of sales/customer relations or management program.

    TIA

    submitted by /u/Jolly_Mulberry9536
    [link] [comments]

    Forming an LLC for my photography side gig. Who should own the gear?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 11:47 AM PDT

    My main question is about who to have own the gear - me, or the LLC?

    I've got to start paying taxes, and decided I'd rather form an LLC than a sole proprietorship. This isn't really a source of "income" for me, but I do earn about $10-15k/year with it.

    I expect for the next few years I won't really be taking any money out. I just reinvest what I make into more gear.

    I've got gear I just purchased personally that's plenty of write off for the year. I have about $15,000 worth of gear that's more than two years old that I'm not going to write off. So my new LLC will have just the new gear I've bought this year.

    Should I pay myself out of the LLC and claim no property within the LLC, or should I keep the money in the LLC and have the LLC own the gear?

    I also use a personal credit card to buy gear because this specific card lets me avoid paying sales tax (B&H photo specific card - no tax on items purchased at their store with it); it's saved me over $1,000 in sales tax over the last two years. I'm wondering how to still leverage that card and keep things from getting mingled.

    Thanks for any and all advice. And yes, I'm going to talk to our CPA (when we find a different one, we haven't been happy with our current one for years).

    submitted by /u/TrueEclective
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on Shopify POS? Not sure if it's worth switching or not.

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 04:21 PM PDT

    Me and my dad are about to open up a small convenience store in our town and we are somewhat split on the POS. He went with a POS system supplied by our local business bank account, which is $160 per month and has a $300 cancellation fee.

    The problem is, we have a Shopify website which our business currently runs through, and the systems are not compatible. I'm trying to pitch the idea that it makes more sense to use the Shopify POS systems if we are going to keep our Shopify website, but my dad wants to stick with the bank POS. We are running a little bit low on budget, and he doesn't want to spend money on the cancellation fee and Shopify hardware if we don't really have to.

    What are your thoughts on Shopify POS, and do you think it is necessary for us to switch? Is there any workaround we can use to keep the two systems at once?

    submitted by /u/doodiewolf
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment