• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 4, 2021

    I think that a lot of people are missing the point when it comes to GaryVee Entrepreneur

    I think that a lot of people are missing the point when it comes to GaryVee Entrepreneur


    I think that a lot of people are missing the point when it comes to GaryVee

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 06:43 PM PDT

    This subreddit has some pretty strong feelings towards Gary Vaynerchuck and I understand why. But I think some of you have the wrong takeaway from him. Let me explain.

    Let's get one thing out of the way first- his words and advice are rubbish. They aren't even bad per se, there's just nothing of substance there, and that's by design. It's overly broad and generalized so that it can easily be repackaged and recycled.

    Gary is in the advertising business. He produces ads- mainly for social media. All of the "GaryVee" content is an advertisement for his company. Nothing more, nothing less.

    Gary is basically using the "self help" and "wantrepreneurship" niches as a massive billboard for his advertising company. His only goal with the content is to advertise his company- not to give you entrepreneurship advice. So don't listen to his words, just watch what he does. Because he's actually pretty good at it.

    All of his content is well produced. It's all appropriate for the platform on which it is posted. It's pumped out consistently. Video titles and tweets are well written. Branding, artwork, and thumbnails are on point. This is what you should be analyzing, not what comes out of his mouth. Only view his spoken words in the context of soundbytes they create, because that's pretty much all he's trying to do with them.

    Replace Vayner Media with Coca Cola- the main message basically boils down to "Coke tasty and refreshing" or some variation of that. They rephrase it, repackage it, and post it on every platform. Repeat it over and over. The only difference between Coca Cola and GaryVee is that you don't keep clicking on Coca Cola's content hoping that they're somehow going to give you a free taste through your phone screen.

    You can probably learn as much about "how it's done" by analyzing Coca Cola or any other large company's social media as opposed to Gary Vee. But I suppose in a roundabout way that he's not lying- he is giving you the tools that he claims to be providing. They're just hiding in plain sight.

    submitted by /u/ArkMann
    [link] [comments]

    How do you view and deal with daily guilt of not doing enough? Don’t waste time typing ‘Do more,

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 10:59 AM PDT

    There's enough of an audience to get a varied response on this.

    Any day of which I am not progressing with my business it eats away at me. If I am spending time with family or doing anything other than focusing on my business I have a guilt that I am not doing enough.

    Clearly I am aware of this so can change my mindset. I am trying to shift it so that providing I am always focusing my time on either Health, Family or Wealth then it is okay.

    This is proving more difficult than expected.

    Naval said something that has stuck with me - The direction you're heading in matters more than how fast you move, especially with leverage. Picking the direction you're heading in for every decision is far, far more important than how much force you apply. Just pick the right direction to start walking in, and start walking.

    The days I'm which I am not being productive feel as though I'm not moving in the right direction. Which plays on my mind for the entire day. This is obviously problematic, especially when I'm with family. I wouldn't say it impacts them too much but it certainly impacts my mood which will have some impact.

    How do you deal with this?

    submitted by /u/Mission-Special3523
    [link] [comments]

    Just started a custom metal sign business. Feedback on website and product appreciated :)

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 12:03 PM PDT

    Hey guys. I just started selling custom metal signs online. This is the first website I've ever made and would love some feedback. I'd really appreciate any feedback on the product too!

    It's MetalSignStudios.com.

    Thanks! :)

    submitted by /u/CavalierBlue
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I learn everything there is to know about digital billboards & physical advertising?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 11:29 AM PDT

    Understand this is a somewhat unusual question as we Redditors tend to gravitate towards tech-based ideas. In a sense, I suppose these billboards that are digital are reliant on tech (videos from clients and how to propagate and play on the hardware)

    As a somewhat self-sufficient person, would appreciate any ideas you have on how or where to research the following things, for me to do my own reading:

    1. Identifying competitors (what companies actually buy up and own these things?)
    2. How to create or buy (and where to do so?)
    3. Pricing models of digital advertising (realize this is extremely broad)

    Anything else you can share publicly or through DM would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to the advertising world but have had some ideas based on the above questions for some time now.

    And now I want to act on it.

    submitted by /u/nichijouuuu
    [link] [comments]

    I want to start a business which focuses on providing lectures/training to businesses. Please advice me

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 01:07 PM PDT

    The idea, in the beginning, was to do a tuition website in which tutors and tutees come together for A levels and GCSEs and I keep a small percentage of that profit. But then I realized that it is very little money and instead I wanted to do expert teaches companies. Eg if someone is good in coding and the company need training in coding then someone can provide them. since companies are involved the money will be more.

    I might be wrong and this might be a bad idea. Nevertheless, I need advice on which one to do and how to do it. Any directions would be very appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Pizzaiscool88
    [link] [comments]

    What is your entrepreneurial goal?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 01:19 AM PDT

    Ambition vs Contentment

    Lying flat vs 996

    FIRE vs Billions

    Where will the world settle? Note: poll options are not in order of my opinion of success, just in order of monetary drive.

    Edit for formatting.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/timmy_marketer
    [link] [comments]

    Blogging help

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 12:30 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    Wanted to consult the successful bloggers over here about educating myself on blogging.

    I bought a blog that had little traffic which I could afford from a well known business selling websites. In the next few months posted few posts from what I could write but the traffic decreased little by little and I don't know what to do as I thought I could take it to the next level.

    So asking all the SEO experts over here / bloggers ,, if you can put me in the right direction to take the blog to the next level.

    submitted by /u/NewMe80
    [link] [comments]

    Setting boundaries on work

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 02:17 PM PDT

    I used to make around $300 doing random gigs monthly online, recently I decided to focus on getting clients for the skill I have been developing on the side, broke and decided to stop doing gigs.

    I actually rejected the biggest gig ever this week. 800$/mo

    I haven't gotten any client from my Skill yet and it's tough.

    What would you do? Keep going?

    submitted by /u/BillionaireBobby1
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a dumb idea: Anonymous but verified Net Worth social network (a lot like r/fatfire, but for more small group conversations based on location, age, and net worth cohort)

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 02:12 PM PDT

    Hi all!

    A buddy and I are brainstorming an idea we had, and we'd love your feedback. Would you ever consider joining an anonymous + verified net worth social network? I image it would verify your net worth anonymously like r/fatfire does, with a screenshot of your Mint account. Here's where I think this could go:

    1. By being more of a social network (i.e. with feed + chat features), it could have an extra layer of filtering that prioritized showing you posts and threads from people similar to you (age, location, marital status, profession, and of course net worth). Maybe you only want to see posts from singles 25-35 in SF with $1MM-$5MM in net worth.

    2. Maybe some (anonymous) location based features? You could engage with your local peers for more niche personal finance optimizations (i.e. advice on local services (housecleaning, laundry service, personal cook, etc) that make sense at your net worth, rent/housing stuff, etc.)

    3. More emphasis on chat feature than reddit, and more emphasis on facilitating one on one (anonymous) conversations, maybe even friend matching (I know this is a bit of a stretch, I'm just brainstorming)

    4. An Optional Mint-like feature, where you can link your spending accounts and see how your spending habits compare to your peers (i.e. maybe at your age and net worth, other people spend way more on certain services or luxuries).

    I understand that many (or all) of this might seem like a terrible idea to you, but if there's some small piece of it that sounds appealing or interesting, please let us know! Maybe where we end up would be completely different from where we're starting.

    submitted by /u/geronimo2013
    [link] [comments]

    My coding bootcamp students are refusing to pay for tuition. What should I do?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 02:06 PM PDT

    Hello Reddit! I run a coding bootcamp and my coding bootcamp has a tuition waiver program making it possible for students to take my course for free. Before applying for the tuition waiver program, I have my students sign a contract in which they agree to have their tuition waiver revoked if they fail my course. As a result, they would be responsible for paying for tuition if they fail or don't register for my course on time (students receive a course grade of 0% if they fail to register for class by a deadline). Do any of have bad experiences with customers flat out refusing to pay invoices when you provide services to them? In fact, many of my clients have been flat out rude by claiming that they don't want to take my course even though they should've read the terms and conditions of the contract they signed. There are even late fees according to my contract so I don't understand why they are so resistant. What can I do about this? Should I take them to court (tuition is $15,000)? I am willing to contact a collections agency to help me out but I doubt they will be useful. Plus they take a commission.

    submitted by /u/Middle-Storm5731
    [link] [comments]

    Stable value cryptocurrency backed by the dollar

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 01:49 PM PDT

    Hello, I'm a programmer and I've been creating a cryptocurrency from scratch for the past year. Unlike Bitcoin, this cryptocurrency is backed by the dollar and holds a stable value. The aim of this currency is to solve financial exclusion and fringe banking, appealing to the unbanked and underbanked. The main point of difference of this cryptocurrency is that it can be purchased physically using cash, which eliminates the need to interact with financial institutions, the likes of banks.

    I'm looking to make this into a profitable business. The software is complete and the cryptocurrency works; however, I don't have much business experience, nor do I have a large network of contacts. I'm at a point where I need to partner with small businesses to carry out final testing and launch the cryptocurrency. Any guidance regarding the business aspect would be much appreciated and please send me a private message for more details.

    submitted by /u/z-dragon-88
    [link] [comments]

    Finding a Co Founder for a Unique type of business.

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 06:16 AM PDT

    So, I have the desire to start a business that revolves around making a special type of sweet/dessert that is to be delivered to customers.

    I know that this product has strong demand (verified) and I certainly feel like there is lots of money to be made here.

    Now the thing is my cooking experience is peaked at making broccoli, chicken and rice, and I literally have never made a dessert before in my life. Let's just say, this isn't my strength.

    What I do is digital marketing, development, operations, financing literally everything else I can do except make the damn thing.

    I am trying to find someone to fill that gap, essentially, I am looking for someone who can make the products and eventually be able to teach others how to do so as well once we grow. This type of partnership would be very complementary to my skillset, and I believe it is when you get bright, motivated individuals with complementary skill sets you can make magic happen.

    The product itself is teachable, I need someone motivated enough to learn how to do it at a very high-quality level.

    In other words, I am looking for the 'Technician' of the business.

    So far, I posted a detailed ad on the Facebook job marketplace explaining a co-founder opportunity with equity but and got a whopping 0 responses.

    I've also asked people in my circle but couldn't get anyone interested.

    How would you guys' approach this?

    I've came here for advice (please only serious responses), and I appreciate every response.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/BoiWonder95A
    [link] [comments]

    My story

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 01:39 PM PDT

    When I first got interested in starting an online business I wanted to learn everything about it. I'm a planning typed of person and wanted to plan everything out before starting it. I wanted to outline everything I needed to start it and all the steps I have to go through in order to start it. I would read every book about business that I could get my hands on and attend every webinar and watch every video I could find. I was preparing myself to build a very profitable business and I knew it wouldn't be easy.

    After learning literally everything about digital businesses, I set out to build my own. I outlined all the steps I have to go through and took it one step at a time. But very soon, I realized something, I wasn't like all the other people that had thousands of dollars to invest in their businesses, I only had a couple of hundred dollars to put into the business! I started noting every tool I needed; "autoresponder, sales page, website builder, capture page builder, funnel builder, store..." It all added up to hundreds of dollars in monthly subscriptions. Something I knew I didn't have. I was extremely frustrated and couldn't think of anything to do. I just kept searching and asking questions to industry experts of platforms that could help me start my business with the money I have. After lots of tries and no's I was going to throw it all away and give up. Until all of a sudden, I found the perfect platform! It was like an underground tool that only a few experts knew of. It's a service that you've got to work hard to find almost as if you have to qualify to receive it. I couldn't believe the things it offers and the price tag for all of it. I felt that God, the universe, grace, coincidence, whatever you call it, was rewarding me for the hard work I put into learning and becoming an expert.

    Right now, as I'm writing this, I realize something. I finally realize that my biggest limitation was my biggest drive! Not having enough money to spend on my business like every1 else was what sparked my creativity and resourcefulness which I released into the online business and into the service that I finally found.

    This platform had it all, it was a funnel builder, capture page builder, website builder, sales page builder and offered; complete websites, analytics, countdown timer for scarcity, checkout pages, upsell pages, and membership sites to offer your prospects and customers and a lot more. All of this for just $25! I couldn't believe what I was seeing. This platform even has an affiliate program that gives 80% commission! And now I use it to build my website, sales pages, and lead magnets in just a few minutes.

    When I got interested in starting an online business I wanted to learn everything about it. I'm a planning typed of person and wanted to plan everything out before starting it. I wanted to outline everything I needed to start it and all the steps I have to go through to start it. I would read every book about business that I could get my hands on and attend every webinar and watch every video I could find. I was preparing myself to build a very profitable business and I knew it wouldn't be easy.

    If you are interested in this platform, I will put the link in the comments and you can take a look at the video sales letter and sales page they have. And hopefully, subscribe :)

    P.S. If you would also like to join my business and benefit from our services and products, just send me your email and I will add you to our email list and send you a great post I made about 'how to find the perfect product to sell' and another short e-book about 'The 7 crucial steps to generating leads and conversions and making millions in profit.' If you want to ask any question dm me or write in the comments! Always happy to serve you :)

    submitted by /u/TotalAcanthisitta972
    [link] [comments]

    Feeling a bit depressed.. How do you guys do it?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 01:27 PM PDT

    So many (becoming an artist) dreams i've chased, but got hurt so much in the past. Been creating beats/songs for 11 years, but i slowly died after college somehow. now when listening to my old songs/beats, i feel like i felt better and more creative those days.. Can't even end a beat/song now cause it bores me at any point and makes me wanna go back to gaming and smoking/drinking.. Why? I'm 25 btw

    submitted by /u/Johnnyflash69
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for critical feedback on my parking lot / IoT business idea

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 01:13 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I came up with a business idea in the IoT field and am looking for reasons why this does not yet exist or what could be improved about it.

    Imagine you are going to shop in your city and after a 30 minute search you finally find a free parking space. Doesn't sound too far from the reality right?

    Now imagine the same situation but this time you open an app on your phone that shows you all free parking spaces, lets you compare prices of different parking lots AND lets you even book the parking space with your phone so you can directly navigate to it without wasting your precious time.

    This would work by parking lot providers signing up to my app. They would pay for me installing the sensors to their parking spaces and in return they receive a competitive advantage over nearby parking lot providers because customers could book free parking spaces via an app. I would earn a small percentage of every booking over my app.

    Now comes the really interesting aspect about my idea:

    The more parking lot providers sign up to my system, the more valuable the app would become for its users resulting in more people using it. The more people would use the app, the more parking lot providers would feel the pressure to join the system, hence increasing the apps value, and so on. This is called network effect, a phenomenom that created the successes of Google, Amazon, Facebook, AirBnb and many others.

    Of course the execution of this business idea would require huge amounts of VC but I am just thinking about the business model design and if it could work out.

    What do you think about my idea? Any feedback is highly welcome!

    PS: English is not my first language so please ask me questions if anything is unclear.

    submitted by /u/259felix
    [link] [comments]

    Is owning a business the ultimate tax hack?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 12:17 PM PDT

    I know early employees can get stock options to give instant long term capital gains benefits. Do founders of a company always get this implicitly?

    submitted by /u/cupofclouds
    [link] [comments]

    I found True Resilience after revisiting 3 Classic Inspirational Poems

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 10:26 AM PDT

    We can derive inspiration or discover something that truly speaks to us in various ways: film, books, art, etc. One of the ways that I rediscovered a deep sense of resilience and inner strength was through spoken word poetry.

    The 3 poems below explore what it means to experience deep failure and doubt, as well as making it through countless hurdles on the your quest towards achieving your dreams. This is particularly helpful for someone like me who is trying to blaze my own trail and create something for myself.

    The 3 works I refer to are:

    IF by Rudyard Kipling

    The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

    Invictus by William Ernest Henley

    I discuss these pieces in depth and explain more about what they truly mean here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gv31TggsbA

    If you're on your own path towards self-actualization and living with purpose, definitely check out this 3 poems. They might just help you when you need it the most.

    submitted by /u/BladeV-Cash
    [link] [comments]

    Do cold emails still work?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 06:26 AM PDT

    Lately, I've been seeing a lot of people opening up on how they find cold emails, unsolicited texts annoying. It's normal and let's be honest, most of it is badly formatted spam. While I see this side of the world totally disliking and ignoring cold emails,

    I see a LOTTT of videos preaching cold email outreach as the way to find clients.

    I honestly can't figure out if it's still a good way to acquire clients or I'd just be considered another spammer if I do this?

    I know the best answer would be to try it out myself and see if it works for you as it highly depends on the approach and what you're writing in the email but I just wanted an opinion that if the email is well formatted, well written and just looks good with a decent proposal for business (which mutually benefits both parties)
    Do you think that it would convert? Has anyone tried selling SEO services (not the weird 500 backlinks for $1 ones) but decent services as an individual freelancer after acquiring clients from cold email outreach?

    submitted by /u/shawnmendes0
    [link] [comments]

    I want to import soccer products from China to sell in the US, online and local pickups only as i dont want to open the store just yet.. is this a good idea? Im thinking of doing this as a side business and hopefully bring 20k in profit a year to supplement my main job

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 10:09 AM PDT

    I love playing soccer so i thought it would make sense. I can try to sell to local clubs, colleges, high schools middle schools, leagues that i play with

    submitted by /u/kumeomap
    [link] [comments]

    How can a startup build a community?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 09:15 AM PDT

    Having a community for startups sometimes is a key goal.

    I was exploring in what ways people that create new businesses, cool SaaS, or Open Source / Tech projects can create a community around a product they build from scratch.

    And I have some thoughts on this topic that I wrote in this article about project communities (origin). And now I'm asking myself if there are any "Growth hacks" that I'm not aware of.

    I would like to open a thread to discuss in what way a new startup/project can get attention, feedback and build a community of early adopters.

    Any feedback/ideas is appreciated 🙏

    submitted by /u/randomGuy4386
    [link] [comments]

    Best place to recruit React developers?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 08:29 AM PDT

    Hi all, I'm hoping to get some solid leads on where is the best place to find decent React developers? LinkedIn is rough and just flooded with recruiters, making it hard to stand out.

    I'm a relatively technical founder with a small team and doing outreach myself. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

    Pointers to dev communities, Discord servers, whatever, would be greatly appreciated!

    Edit: For context, I'm mostly looking for places I can pitch equity or equity plus limited cash for a time-limited engagement of 4-6 months (and part-time is ok). Our team of five has already been built this way and we've made a fair amount of progress including 37 companies with over 3,000 team members signed up for our beta.

    Edit 2: I'm not opposed to agencies if you're open to non-traditional deal structures with labor as investment - our UI design firm has already engaged with us in this way.

    submitted by /u/furyofsaints
    [link] [comments]

    How do CEOs handle security?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 06:58 AM PDT

    Been wondering about this but there's quite a few companies that are doing quite well. A lot of CEOs that are doing well too.

    How do these CEOs feel comfortable doing anything? Do they have a security detail 24/7 or something?

    Also applies to famous actors and/or writers. I won't name names but, there are famous people who have zero pictures of their 10+ year old kids on the internet. They must have some serious security detail right? And/or use a different name.

    submitted by /u/frogg616
    [link] [comments]

    Maybe i should restart my business

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 04:11 PM PDT

    Because of covid killing my company I sold the building and the land it sits on and decided to retire. I closed the company but kept the brand. I do a yearly charity event, a car show, and I thought this year I could move my inventory I have left.

    I'm sitting here now on day 2 of 4 and I forgot how much fun it is. I got VIP status this year. Because I still have the brand I was thinking I might just buy stuff to sell here every year and at a one day show every may. I'm also thinking of rebranding and restarting.

    I just don't know. I guess in the past year and a half I just forgot about my passions.

    submitted by /u/spongebob_nopants
    [link] [comments]

    Curated products platform looking for great brands with great products

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 06:32 AM PDT

    Hi,

    We've launched a platform that showcases high-quality curated products to consumers in India. Right now things are going great, sort of. We've got thousands of subscribers, but not enough brands whose products to consistently display.

    Unfortunately, it's not been an easy task to find strong indian brands with good products.

    Therefore, we've changed our strategy a bit and are now broadening our search to international markets. So, if some you run own a brand, no matter the industry/product category, ship to India and would like to reach consumers in this country, we would love to get in touch and maybe feature you on our platform.
    Just leave a comment or DM me.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/P_Days
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment