• Breaking News

    Monday, September 6, 2021

    Accounting Nobody commits fraud under my watch!

    Accounting Nobody commits fraud under my watch!


    Nobody commits fraud under my watch!

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 08:32 AM PDT

    PA people realizing they haven't filled their time sheet

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 04:30 PM PDT

    Accounting and Mormons

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 01:52 PM PDT

    Just a general question based out of curiosity, how many people in your firm are Mormon? At my first firm in Idaho we were about 30% LDS. My current firm, in Texas, has a slightly higher % of Mormons. Is this common in accounting, or has the 2 firms I've worked for just been outliers?

    Edit: To add where my current firm is.

    submitted by /u/Tmill233
    [link] [comments]

    One career path for accountant

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 08:46 PM PDT

    What characteristics have you noticed in a person that makes them successful in PA?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 05:44 PM PDT

    Anybody else working on Labor Day?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 05:50 AM PDT

    Having trouble getting accounting job entry-level

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 06:20 PM PDT

    I live in NYC and have done one internship, I am a recent graduate and have been using indeed to apply yet no luck… any websites for accounting that I can get my foot in the door besides indeed? Any advice or resume templates to update my resume? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Terrible-Disaster-93
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else think offices have become less fun over the past 10 years?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 08:11 PM PDT

    Nobody's alive anymore, there's no joking, riffing, prancing, goofing off, making up funny stories. I try to contribute and everyone just shows up and wants to talk work 100% like it's so boring. Probably the reason people can quit so easily, what would they be staying for if they can make slightly more money at an equally boring place with not very exiting people.

    submitted by /u/WillingnessOk8721
    [link] [comments]

    [Anonymous] Coworker passed away this weekend, a week away from writing the CFE. And my cancer diagnosement is back.

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 11:23 AM PDT

    Throwaway for obvious reasons.

    Received news that my coworker and friend from university passed away in an accident - a week away from writing the CFE next week with us.

    A few weeks ago I was told by my doctor my cancers back. I dont want to quit my job now (spent all this time and energy getting here... feels like i'd be rolling over to die).

    My heads spinning. Don't really know what to do with myself and don't want to write this exam anymore either.

    Our firm has provided 'resources' to use but i dont know if that'll help.

    submitted by /u/DystopicLifestyle
    [link] [comments]

    PSA : ask your potential employer how they want to pay you. If they still use cheques, don't work there.

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 07:02 AM PDT

    Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

    But seriously though, if in this age they still use cheque that means they are most likely reluctant to change and investing in automation, and that attitude comes from a leadership level. Not a place where you want to work,my friends.

    Don't boo me, I'm right.

    submitted by /u/fernwehvn
    [link] [comments]

    ��

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 04:53 PM PDT

    Wow a can’t miss opportunity of heading an entire department and making the same as an associate

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 09:18 PM PDT

    how to disclose a not so great GPA for B4 interviews

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 06:25 PM PDT

    Hey guys, quick question

    I got into college as a biochem major, got shitty grades for like 2 yrs, and transferred into econ and accounting, and have gotten straight A's so far (1.5 yrs). A big recruiting event is coming up at my school and I'm wondering how I should disclose this to my school B4 recruiters so that I don't get weeded out the second I submit my transcript. Do I put my major GPA on my transcript? Do I flat-out tell them at the event? what are your thoughts?

    Edit: If it makes a difference, my GPA is sitting at a 3.3

    submitted by /u/-xxJxx-
    [link] [comments]

    Finally put in my notice!!!

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 06:18 AM PDT

    I did it guys. I sent my two-week notice today!!

    After being thrown on a dumpster fire, understaffed and long hauled audit. I did it. I got an offer from industry which pays twice my current one in big 4.

    Although I'm happy that I'll be able to exit. I'm a bit worried with my current work. My tasks are all turn overs from previous staffs and I'm really having a hard time clearing them up. I'm trying my best to finish them so I won't fuck the next staff who will handle it but I'm a bit demotivated at this point. I just want to relax before my next gig. Anyone here worked to the fullest during your notice?

    P.S im really super happy but can't shake this feeling that i'll be leaving a ton of work to my team matessss ( they're all nice btw)

    submitted by /u/froggy_ribbit
    [link] [comments]

    Hi,any Canadian Accountants here?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 04:36 PM PDT

    I am seeking academic/career advice, if any Canadians open to a private chat, I will be very grateful.

    submitted by /u/Affectionate_Wall148
    [link] [comments]

    Let me vent a bit.

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 07:55 PM PDT

    Hi guys, long-time lurker in this sub here.

    I work in the local firm and I just got promoted to supervisor on last month as I have a good performance.

    The thing is, this year, the mass exodus happens and few of my juniors and seniors left for better job, still, we have bid a new engagements like crazy (I'm very happy that some of prospect clients declined our offer). Thus, putting more stress on the remaining engagement team.

    We have to rearrange the engagements and works which indeed put the members into depression.

    Due to COVID-19, my office is on extreme expenses cut but gladly engage the new client without hesitation (yeah kinda sucks)

    With all the workload and stress, I feel like I want to get out of here without looking back to my team.

    My interest in PA job is about to fade out but I still love to learning and applying the new standards to serve the purpose of financial reporting.

    I have 2 clients which preparing the the IPO process, I really wish to see how it goes but this is a bad commitment to me as it may anchor me to take another opportunity to seek out the better job for my self and my mental health.

    That's it for vent and I'm happy to hear your thought.

    submitted by /u/HotOatmeals
    [link] [comments]

    What are some entry/low level jobs that don't have month end and busy periods?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 06:56 PM PDT

    I'm not talking public here but coming from an industry perspective the month end cycle is a monotonous wheel of soul sucking depravity.

    In a large company, for example, what functions within accounting or "finance" in general are not handcuffed to the month end cycles? I literally have no idea how to research this kind of stuff. Anything outside the box?

    submitted by /u/clothesstressmeout
    [link] [comments]

    What are A1s a few months in expected to be able to do?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 04:16 PM PDT

    Currently at a Big 4 audit. Just curious as to what an A1 3 months in should be expected to be able to do on their own.

    Asking this as I haven't really been handed much responsibility including even any accounts at all like cash 3 months in despite me reaching out to everyone from Scheduling all the way to my mentor.

    At the moment, I don't really know how to do much on my own besides tie-outs and vouching. Feeling a bit demotivated as it feels like I'm just onshore support staff at this point given menial and easy stuff actual auditors don't want to do.

    submitted by /u/WRXLAZ
    [link] [comments]

    Exit Opportunities for a Tax senior?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 12:31 PM PDT

    Hi Everyone,

    I'm just wondering what are some good exit opportunities from public for a tax senior with a CPA? (I'm in Canada) I work on everything from Notice to Readers for various companies (holding/investment, retail, food, etc), tax returns for everything (trusts, personal, corporate), tax form elections, drafting letters, doing the tax portion for audits, etc.

    I'm looking to leave public. I don't hate it per say, but it doesn't pay great and tracking hours is truly the worst.

    I'm also curious if it's possible to horizontally maneuver a career from tax to say a controller or finance related. I see alot of audit seniors at my firm leaving for 100k+ jobs as controllers with or without their CPA even.

    submitted by /u/GrimDawnFan11
    [link] [comments]

    Should I consider a MS in accounting

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 12:25 PM PDT

    I am in my senior year of undergrad as an accounting major and I was hoping to get some advice on future plans. I know there are many different ways to reach 150 credits if I want to become a cpa. Currently I am pursuing a bachelors in accounting and will graduate with 128 credits leaving me with a remaining 22 to get on my own. I was going to try and get those classes at community college to try to save on money but I am doubting my decision as I am worried about what credits will be accepted by the nysscpa. I should also mention the I have secured an internship for Summer 2022 with EY.

    submitted by /u/carbll
    [link] [comments]

    What are some excel skills I should brush up on when I start my career in PA soon?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 08:43 PM PDT

    I am pretty well versed in excel (I got an excel certification like 3 years ago if that really means anything lol). Anyways, what are the core areas of excel that I should be expected to either already know or grasp early on in order to be successful in public accounting?

    Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/Accrued-Humor
    [link] [comments]

    Oops. Algo going brrrr

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 11:14 AM PDT

    Any veterans in accounting

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 05:27 PM PDT

    Are there any veterans here who got out and went into accounting? How was your transition from military to accounting/office work? Do you regret this career path? Did your military experience count for anything, like landing jobs at defense contractors, or preferential treatment in internships or hiring?

    submitted by /u/disgoesintrash
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment