• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 1, 2020

    UberEats customer support is literally the worst! small business

    UberEats customer support is literally the worst! small business


    UberEats customer support is literally the worst!

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 04:06 PM PST

    My dad owns a restaurant and I needed to help him replace both the tablet and printer. So I called them. They re-routed my calls to three different people all with accents (probably taking advantage of low wages in India). After that they say they'll continue on email.

    Back and forth 4 times on email for them to ask me about the restaurant information. And the emailer were different people as well. And the issue is still not resolved and I don't understand why they are to adamant of not replacing the printer for us.

    They take 30% and provide this type of shitty service. Over the two years they've netted well over 15k on us.

    Ridiculous.

    submitted by /u/humm1010
    [link] [comments]

    Would you want to read interviews with people about why/how their businesses failed and what lessons they learned?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 07:56 PM PST

    I am a college student and am starting something with my friend where we interview people about their unsuccessful businesses, lessons learned, and how they got back on their feet after initial failures. We've already have 10 interviews lined up.

    We're going to send out the transcripts of our interviews to our mailing list. Drop a comment if you'd like to be added and I'll shoot you a message!

    Also, let us know if you think one of your (or a friend's) previous businesses would make a great case study. We'd love to talk to you. Let me know if you have any feedback or suggestions for this idea!

    Thanks everyone!

    submitted by /u/life_roll
    [link] [comments]

    CA Governor Gavin Newsom announces $500 million small business grant program for grants up to $25k each

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:04 PM PST

    Bubble Tea Business Consideration!

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:12 AM PST

    Hey all! I'm a young woman looking to start my own small business in North Carolina so I can put some money away for college. I've really loved bubble tea ever since I tried it at a small corner shop and I really wanted to try it out for myself! My parents said they'd help me out as long as I put in the effort, which I plan to do wholeheartedly. I'm not 100% sure where to start though, other than the vague details on online blogs. I have a website where I can get my items, but I'm mainly concerned about general business things such as location, prices, other items, design, and so on. I'm willing to go into specifics if I did a bad job at explaining, but I really want to be successful in this. I want as much help as you all can give me so I don't go in ignorant and end up falling through. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/LavenderChiropterian
    [link] [comments]

    Owning a small business LLC is like getting a 20-30% discount on all business purchases.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:14 PM PST

    My thought process may be flawed, but having a small business LLC is equivalent to getting a 20-30% discount on all purchases you can justify as a business expense.

    It's crazy when I think about all the meals, technology purchases, travel, etc that I'm essentially getting a 24% discount on (my marginal income tax rate) because it offsets my taxable business income.

    Although it's not the only reason, it's no wonder why people rave about having a small business!

    submitted by /u/AccountingNutJob
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on business management services

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 04:25 AM PST

    I am looking to establish a "management stack" for my software development consultancy business with several employees. I've done a lot of research about products in this category and have settled on the following.

    Gusto
    Integrates with: Guideline, Xero, Receipt Bank
    Use this for payroll. I've used the demo company instance and it seems incredible.

    Guideline
    Integrates with: Gusto
    401k management, also seems great. I expect this to integrate directly to Gusto for employee 401k distribution management.

    Xero
    Integrates with: Gusto, Receipt Bank
    I'd like to use this for book keeping. I expect this to tie into our bank accounts, as well as credit card account, in order to balance our books. I'd expect Gusto payroll and Receipt Bank withdrawals to auto-balance.

    Receipt Bank
    Integrates with: Gusto, Xero
    Less sold on this, but it seems to integrate with everything. What I would like is a system where employees can submit for reimbursement on purchases they make (new monitor, gym membership, etc.). I would also like the ability for owners to enter their receipts for business purchases here. That last bit might be best done by doing it directly in Xero. The integration would allow an approved reimbursement to flow through Gusto on the next paycheck. It would also balance this purchase in Xero.

    Before I jump off the deep end I would like to hear of any experience with these integrations, and if they work as I described. Also open to critiques about any of the services listed. I am shooting for a streamlined money management system that can be "done" in just a few hours every month, barring special situations.

    submitted by /u/Chedda7
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to start a farm in -2yrs?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 07:39 PM PST

    I have two opportunities to start a farm, on bare land in Florida or Minas Gerais Brazil. I want to have a plot for my own personal good and then commercially sell organic produce, my goal is to have it going within a year and profiting within 2 years so i can buy more land and build apartments. Is it possible to do this in that time? What advice do you have? How much start up money should i prepare?

    submitted by /u/swagondemhoes
    [link] [comments]

    Small Business Bank Account

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 02:32 AM PST

    Hi! I started my small business in 2018, and am yet to have a bank account with my business name on it because I'm unsure how to go about it or where would be the best place to open up a business account. It's been kind of slow and I'm barely getting a little bit more customers since being on Instagram for about a year now.. if you have any tips or advice it would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/blakkouttbarbiee
    [link] [comments]

    Holding company for a collection of business's - tax advantges?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 03:34 PM PST

    I currently have two businesses (B2B service companies). These each exist as LLC's taxed as S-corp's.

    My partner and I are looking to launch several more companies in 2021.

    Initially, we were thinking of creating a holding company LLC. Each company would be underneath the holding company and we would make profit distributions up to the holding company and then redistribute that to fund new ventures/pay ourselves compensation. The holding company would not be too involved in any of the companies operations though, it would really just be for the tax/liability benefits.

    Recently, I read that with a holding company you need to have the LLC taxed as a C-corp. We'd like to avoid that double taxation so I'm less enthusiastic about this approach now.

    I'm now wondering if we can just start a normal LLC, taxed as an S-Corp, and use that as a management company to do basically the same thing.

    In wanting to do either of these options, the main motivators are protecting assets+ tax advantages. Since all companies are set-up as their own LLC's, by default they are all protected and separate from one other for liability, at least that's my understanding of it.

    That makes me focus more on any tax-related advantages of either option.

    My question is which option is better based on information I've shared?

    Are there actual financial benefits to having a separate management./holding company LLC structure like this?

    Thank you in advance for any questions, ideas, or links/info you can provide! Would be happy to come back and update the forum later 2021 on how this has gone.

    submitted by /u/ACC1802
    [link] [comments]

    Taxes

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 12:03 PM PST

    So I'm learning that there's so much more to small business taxes...

    • Federal (quarterly pay as you go) taxes...
    • State taxes
    • Municipality and County Taxes
    • Sales and Use Tax
    • Business Personal Property Tax

    End of the day it makes me wonder if it's really worth going into business as a single member LLC or even sole proprietor for an online/e-commerce business...

    Do you do your own taxes or hire someone professionally for your entity? What app do you use or how much do you pay your CPA? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/phu118
    [link] [comments]

    Packaging for small food product business

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 04:22 PM PST

    Has anyone on here had any experience with packaging and shipping food items? I am considering starting an online shop for a powdered dietary supplement.

    It seems like there aren't any great solutions for co-packaging until you really scale up to a few thousand units or more per batch.

    It would seem like the only option is having employees package "in house" with a vacuum sealer until you hit that scale.

    Please let me know if I'm missing something you're aware of.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ContentRisk101
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best way to keep track of income and expenses for a small business? Or what do you guys use?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 03:40 PM PST

    I would preferably like something free, and Mac if it's software. I've tried Quick Books, but when I linked multiple bank accounts to it, it became more confusing than it was worth!

    Thank you in advance :)
    Mr CB

    submitted by /u/MrCuriousBubble
    [link] [comments]

    Packaging Glass?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 10:33 PM PST

    hello! i just want to know how i'm supposed to package glass sheets properly so they don't break during transit. i'm interested in selling some glass paintings but i don't really know what i'd need to ship glass since i've never done it before... like how would i wrap it, what type of box/poly mailer would i need, just overall stuff would be helpful! thanks.

    submitted by /u/aheewho
    [link] [comments]

    New EIN for Single Member LLC?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 06:31 PM PST

    I have a cleaning company that I registered as a single member LLC. I originally decided that I was going to use subcontractors instead of employees so when I filed for my EIN I stated that I won't have employees ( which I realize now that I didn't even need an EIN for this). Well now it turns out that I plan on hiring employees instead. Do I need to request a new EIN?

    submitted by /u/BlasX1020
    [link] [comments]

    How and where did you look for software development for your business?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 02:27 PM PST

    As per the title, if I'm looking for development services for a new app (may be mobile or web) for my business, how should I look and research?

    How, as a business owner did you go about researching and looking for people to develop your custom software/app?

    submitted by /u/Coopersdesign
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have experience investing companies profits for purchasing rental properties?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 05:25 PM PST

    I manage an Mobile App Development corporation with sizeable profits, and we are looking at ways to invest the profits. We especially want to diversify. 25% in each of the following:
    -liquid cash,
    -stock market,
    -entering new markets, marketing, r&d investment for new equipment
    -real estate

    Since we live near Detroit, we can buy rental properties for $50k with a ~10% ROI. Does it make sense to invest there? There's a rental property management company that does it for a lot of people. Also seems like a good way to write off expenses in case of improvements

    submitted by /u/CanadianAppDeveloper
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite Book on Starting/Operating a Small Business ?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 02:55 PM PST

    Hey Reddit,

    I'd like to know what's your top favorite book on starting/operating a small business. Looking for something that goes over specific information rather than high-level ideas or motivational content (i.e. hiring employees, taxes, marketing, financing, legal, business analytics, etc)

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/hanneninn
    [link] [comments]

    How to determine if my beach volleyball business will work in my town?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:04 PM PST

    A previous city I lived in had a successful beach volleyball business but the population of that city was significantly larger than where I live now. My current town does have a large city 20 min away though. But anyways, my question is how would I determine if there would be enough interest in my current town to support a similar, but smaller, type of business?

    submitted by /u/Cold-Fan
    [link] [comments]

    PPP loan forgiveness and EIDL Advance

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 03:36 PM PST

    To request PPP loan amount you were supposed to use [Average qualified monthly payroll expenses x 2.5] + [EIDL, Net of Advance (if applicable)] = [PPP loan request amount]

    i.e: Monthly Payroll 10x2.5=25 + [EIDL Adv]

    Having 5K of EIDL Adv, the total would be 25+5=30K...

    Now to request forgiveness you should subtract from the PPP amount the EIDL Adv.

    For the example, it would be 30K-5K (EIDL Adv.) = 25K PPP forgiveness.

    Now, this is my issue:

    I requested only 10x2.5=25K because at that moment I did not have any EIDL Adv. amount. After that, I got 5K EIDL adv.

    So, should I request forgiveness only for 25K-5K=20K forgiveness???

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Jorge33165
    [link] [comments]

    Two Sources of revenue under one business

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 03:36 PM PST

    Hi All,

    I have recently started up a new business and wanted to ask about how to do accounting for my business. My business has two separate arms; selling electronics and producing beer. I am running into some difficulties in doing the accounting for it since at the moment money for both arms fall into one accounting system and it is difficult to see what the profit/ loss is. I am using Starling (UK) for bank account and Quickbooks Simple Starter for Accounting.

    Does anyone have any advice on how to successfully separate out the revenue streams/ enable me to clearly see the profit/los each arm of the business is making?

    I have only recently started the business and am running it by myself thus have limited money/time resources for creating two separate bank account and accounting systems. Is there another option?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/majorfighter
    [link] [comments]

    Post-COVID industries to start a business

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 07:20 PM PST

    My background is in software and think it would make the most sense to specialize for focus energies on industries poised to make the biggest gains as a result of COVID.

    Who do you think are the non-obvious big winners? (excluding things like ecommerce/Amazon, etc)

    submitted by /u/just-reed
    [link] [comments]

    What software do you use for IVR/phone system? Does it support auto-SMS?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 03:16 PM PST

    We have just one person in the office and often miss calls. I want to set something up where we can auto text back a pre-determined/canned message to the missed call number.

    Is this possible in your voip/ivr setup? Any pointers?

    submitted by /u/blizkreeg
    [link] [comments]

    3rd party gift cards for Square/Shopify?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 02:45 PM PST

    I use Square for my in-store POS and Shopify for online, (which gets processed through Authorize.net). When people buy a physical in-store gift card, it is a Square gift card and can't be used in our website, and vice-versa. I can't change our in-store POS to Shopify because we're considered "high-risk" and therefore can't use their payment processor and it's too clunky to make it work.

    Does anyone have experience with a 3rd party gift card system that would be accepted by both Square and Shopify? Basically, I want my customers to be able to buy in either place and be able to use both in-store and online.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/gappy98
    [link] [comments]

    Wanting to start LLC without having personal address attached, confused on registered agents and virtual offices

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 12:17 PM PST

    Hey,

    So I'm looking to start an LLC in my state. Problem is, I don't want my personal address being the address of the company in the state's records. I've heard of virtual offices and registered agents. I was thinking of using a registered agent, but I don't care if my name is attached, I just want the address to be different.

    Should I just rent a virtual office in my state and register the LLC address to that office?

    Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

    submitted by /u/cloutgoggle
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment