• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 1, 2020

    2 Small Claims and I'm Being Dropped. with Little Notice. Am I Blacklisted? Insurance

    2 Small Claims and I'm Being Dropped. with Little Notice. Am I Blacklisted? Insurance


    2 Small Claims and I'm Being Dropped. with Little Notice. Am I Blacklisted?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 03:18 PM PST

    My current home insurance company is dropping me with less than a months notice. I've had two small claims in the last two years. The claims topped out at $5000 each because they had to do with my sump pump (I'm in Indiana, near Indianapolis) system causing the problem and that falls under a special category apparently.

    Now that I'm searching for a new company, it seems no one wants to even touch me because of these two claims. What can I do? Am I blacklisted into paying out the nose for some high risk insurance?

    I've fixed the cause of the problem and have redundant fail-safes in place now, but I know they don't care about that. I'm desperate for advice because I can't afford to pay through the nose and it really seem excessive since the claims were so small.

    Edit: Added location

    submitted by /u/RedCliff73
    [link] [comments]

    Received mail from VA Gov stating I'm enrolled in medicaid. I never applied or opened an application.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 02:52 PM PST

    I purchased a new Healthcare insurance from seven corners on the 23rd. I received a letter now from VA government saying I'm enrolled in medicaid. The date on the paper says 23rd. Is it fraud? Why can I not just cancel it? Whats the best way to resolve this issue? Thank you so much!

    submitted by /u/elboss98
    [link] [comments]

    starting new insurance policy in California

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 03:15 AM PST

    I just moved to California and contacted an agent about starting a policy for car insurance and renters insurance. he told me I have to pay a down payment that would include the first month for both renters and car insurance along with policy/processing fees. after subtracting the first month, the remainder is almost $300 for "policy and processing fees" something about california fraud fee. $300 seems insane to me. i've never had to pay this before (i'm not from CA) so i'm wondering if this is common?

    submitted by /u/tpgxx
    [link] [comments]

    renter insurance for dog bite/attack claim..

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 01:33 PM PST

    I live with 3 roommates. I have a 28 lbs frenchie poodle mix. Looks like a terrier.

    Anyway, so today I let my dog out in the back yard as usual. Unbeknownst to me, my roommate (also my landlord) had invited a guest. As the same time, I let my dog out, my roommate and his guest entered the back yard.

    My dog quickly jumped at her and barked at her. She was wearing jeans and thick coat/jacket. Not gonna lie, it did look like my dog tried to bite at her from where I was standing. I quickly grabbed my dog and asked if she was okay. She rolled up her jeans and I could see faint "white" mark on her skin.. most likely my dog scratched her. No blood and she confirmed no blood.. she said she was fine and her arm and fingers were not bitten or scratched.

    My dog does have huge underbite, when he begs for food or pets, his underbite will quickly touch your hand.

    He has no history of biting. He's usually friendly with strangers espcially females. Not sure if it was the timing, or that she was wearing a mask when she entered the yard or that my dog might have smelled a dog on her (i found out later she had a dog).

    so my roommate told me she asked for $500 and threatened to sue and report my dog to local animal control.

    I do have a renter insurance that covers dog bite and my dog's breed is covered. If I go through this route... will my dog be taken? or reported? what is the insurance process here?

    Should I be worried?

    Update

    I just talked to my roommate/landlord.

    Apparently my dog bit her leg through the jeans. I did see him biting the outer layer of the jeans but I didn't think my dog actually got to her leg. There's a bite mark, punctured the skin but no blood. My landlord saw the bite mark but my landlord also said she said she was fine after it happened and when she left.

    California / Los Angeles

    submitted by /u/leagalillly
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else Billed for COVID antibody test?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:07 PM PST

    I was told during my routine check up that my insurance would cover the costs of a COVID antibody test. 3 months later I received a $300 bill for the test. Has anyone had any success fighting this?

    submitted by /u/jeberly1991
    [link] [comments]

    Help: Moving to my own car insurance

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 05:25 PM PST

    I am 23 years old and have had the luxury of being on my parents car insurance but that is coming to an end. I have been in one wreck (drunk driver hit me so not at fault) until about 3 weeks ago when I ran off the road and hit a couple of curvy road signs resulting in 6k in damage. It was not totaled so just paying the 1k deductible. Questions:

    1) How soon is this reflected in insurance rates? My parents insurance runs up until March and I could stay on their plan and continue to pay my portion until it is up for renewal when I would move to my own plan.

    2) Is it better for me to move to my own insurance now and lock in a rate before the recent incident is reflected?

    3) Whether now or in a couple months, what is a good app or site to compare car insurance rates?

    Edit: For what it's worth, I am located in Texas.

    submitted by /u/InformMeBruh
    [link] [comments]

    Global Medical Tourism Market Research Report - Pheonix Research

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 11:06 PM PST

    Global Medical Tourism Market (2020-2026): By Treatment Type (Cardiovascular Treatment, Cancer Treatment, Dental Care, Neurological Treatment, Orthopedic Treatment, Cosmetic Surgery, Fertility Treatment, and Others), End-User, Regions, and Competitive Landscape

    The medical tourism market is anticipated to grow at a rapid rate over the forecast period. Factors propelling the market growth include inadequate insurance benefits and no healthcare insurance in local markets, as well as increasing demand for procedures that aren't covered by insurance, like gender reassignment surgeries, fertility treatment, cosmetic surgery, and dental reconstruction.

    According to Pheonix Research, Global Medical Tourism Market was evaluated $45.9 Billion in 2019 and is anticipated to burgeon at a CAGR of 19.3% during 2020-26. Medical Tourism defined as traveling abroad with the aim of availing specialty medical treatment facilities in exceptional cases, which can or might not be available within the tourist home/resident country. This sort of treatment may include a big range of medical services; however, the foremost frequently availed services include cancer treatment, orthopedic treatment, elective surgery, upset treatment, fertility treatment, and other treatments.

    Request Report Sample: https://www.pheonixresearch.com/report/global-medical-tourism-market.html

    Based on Treatment Type, Cardiovascular Specialty Treatment, and Cancer Cure segment are predicted to capture the lion share of the overall market during the forecast period. Additionally, Modern technological advancement and lower procedural charges within the industry of healthcare services belong to the developing and non-developed nations. However, the very best rate of growth is predicted to be exhibited by the tending specialty segment during the forecast period due to surging adoption of Medical Tourism services among healthcare professionals and patients because of their high connectivity and relatively lower cost. Additionally, the wide availability of advanced Medical Tourism services and treatment and rising demand for accurate but cheap treatment is likely to push the expansion of the Medical Tourism market within the forecast years.

    Asia-Pacific Medical Tourism Market Overview
    Asia-Pacific possesses the high market potential for the expansion of the medical tourism market, because of the considerable price difference in treatments, tourism-friendly nature of the countries, and lesser stringent regulations related to cosmetic procedures. The Asia-Pacific medical tourism market growth is anticipated to experience considerable development, because of the provision of fine quality care at a price but 75% of the worth of services in North America.

    Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, India, and Malaysia, are the popular medical tourism destinations in Asia-Pacific because the medical services offered in these countries are usually at par with the developed countries in terms of quality treatment provided at extensively cost-effective. Medical personnel from Asia have gained recognition as experts within the global healthcare provider community, which helps create confidence within the services provided within the region among medical tourists from across the globe. it's estimated that the Thailand market was the very best contributor to the Asia-Pacific medical tourism market and is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 17.3% during the forecast period (2020-2026)

    Players operating in the global Medical Tourism market include Apollo Hospitals, Prince Court Medical Center, Euro medical Tours, BB Health Solutions, Raffles Media Group, KPJ Healthcare Behard, Health base, Medretreat, Cosmedic Travel, and others.

    Request for Customization: https://www.pheonixresearch.com/report/global-medical-tourism-market.html

    The research study on "Global Medical Tourism Market (2020-2026): By Treatment Type (Cardiovascular Treatment, Cancer Treatment, Dental Care, Neurological Treatment, Orthopedic Treatment, Cosmetic Surgery, Fertility Treatment, and Others), End-User, & Region", provides detailed insights on the medical tourism market entailing analysis on its abstract market verticals. Market dynamics with drivers, restraints, and opportunities with their impact are provided within the report. Data about porter's five forces analysis is as well covered under the report scope. The report provides a vision of the Global medical tourism market and major geographic regions. The report includes fundamental advancement policies and conditions of technological growth processes. Secondly, the report covers the global medical tourism market size and volume, and segment markets by type, application, and geography along with the information on companies operating within the market. The medical treatment marketing research is provided for major regional markets including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East and Africa followed by major countries. for each region, the market size and volume for various segments have been covered under the scope of the report. In 2018, Asia-Pacific is dominating the market for medical tourism and is perhaps visiting sustain its foothold for upcoming years. Increase in market share within the forecast period due to the increasing preference for medical tourism across the developing nations of the region. Furthermore, China holds the largest market share within the Asia-Pacific region; this may be due to better healthcare services and so the lower cost of the treatment in China.

    Key Benefits
    • This report entails a comprehensive quantitative medical tourism marketing research and current medical tourism market trends from 2017 to 2025 to identify the prevailing opportunities along with a strategic assessment of the worldwide medical tourism market.
    • Medical tourism market size and estimations are supported by a comprehensive analysis of key developments within the medical tourism market industry.
    • A qualitative analysis supported by innovative products facilitates strategic business planning. The development strategies adopted by the key market players are enlisted to know the competitive scenario of the worldwide medical tourism market.

    Market Segmentation
    By Treatment Type
    • Cardiovascular Treatment
    • Cancer Treatment
    • Dental Care
    • Neurological Treatment
    • Orthopedic Treatment
    • Cosmetic Surgery
    • Fertility Treatment
    • Others

    By Region
    • Asia-Pacific
    ▫ Singapore
    ▫ India
    ▫ China
    ▫ South Korea
    ▫ Indonesia
    ▫ Malaysia
    ▫ Thailand
    ▫ Taiwan
    ▫ Rest of APAC
    • North America
    ▫ U.S.
    ▫ Canada
    ▫ Mexico
    • Europe
    ▫ UK
    ▫ France
    ▫ Germany
    ▫ Italy
    ▫ Spain
    ▫ Rest of Europe
    • Middle East and Africa
    ▫ Turkey
    ▫ Saudi Arabia
    ▫ United Arab Emirates
    ▫ Oman
    ▫ Kuwait
    ▫ Qatar
    ▫ Egypt
    ▫ Others
    • Southeast Asia
    • ROW (Rest of the World)

    End-User
    • Research Laboratories
    • Point Of Care testing
    • Diagnostics
    • Food
    • Others

    Read More: https://www.pheonixresearch.com/report/global-medical-tourism-market.html

    Contact Us

    Nikhil Jat

    [sales@pheonixresearch.com](mailto:sales@pheonixresearch.com)

    Skype: nikhil12318

    Phone: +91 8817621665

    submitted by /u/pheonix-research
    [link] [comments]

    I had both Medicaid and receiving a tax credit though the ACA for two months. Will the IRS make me repay the entire tax credit for those two months?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 09:54 PM PST

    My wife and I applied for Medicaid and surprisingly we were accepted at the beginning of October. We had insurance through the ACA. I forgot to cancel our ACA insurance so we had double insurance for two months.

    While I was canceling the ACA coverage, the representative informed me I could be on the hook for the tax subsidy, about $2000. Has anyone else experienced this? Did the IRS indeed take the tax subsidy out our your tax return?

    I understand my error. The penalty seems pretty steep considering the whole reason I am in this situation is because I am poor.

    submitted by /u/martyr_mouse
    [link] [comments]

    Geico Underwriting Scam

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 09:43 PM PST

    Hi all, wanted to share a potential scam that maybe some other people got as well.

    Backstory: I moved to the US this year, got my American license in July, bough a car and insured it with Geico literally a week later. Geico is one of the insurers that lets you enter information about your foreign licenses which reduces your premium slightly (I pay around $100 less, compared to a simulation in which I did not disclose I had a foreign license for 8 years). I paid premium in full in July.

    Fast forward to today. I received a letter from what seems to be Geico, notifying me about them noticing they miss my critical license information. In the letter, they ask me to either mail (physically) in the enclosed envelope or fax my driving abstract from a foreign country, and to include my US license number if I already have one. The letter came in an unsealed envelope which raised my attention a bit. They had my policy number, full name and address, on the other hand.

    I didn't think too much about it at that time and decided to call customer support to check if I can instead email them that information. I tried calling Geico's main line but wait time was 25 minutes so I disconnected, and then realized there is a number directly to underwriting department on the letter: 877-854-5760. I called them and it was very similar to the normal line; asking my date of birth, SSN or phone number and policy number. Wait time was only 10 minutes and after those 10 minutes a nice girl answered and told me that yes, absolutely this is a legit email and that I can email it to [uw4@geico.com](mailto:uw4@geico.com) -- which again raised my attention a bit, since the email on the letter was different: [underwriting4@geico.com](mailto:underwriting4@geico.com)

    I decided to call the main, official Geico line. The guy who answered said that it might be legit but he's gonna check. And he basically said that there is no record of Underwriting sending anything to me, and that if they did, they would, especially as I live in California where data laws are more strict. He told me I can call them tomorrow between 9 and 5 again to check but he would just leave it as it is.

    So while the result is not conclusive whether this is a scam or not, I thought because it might be one, I will share here in case anyone else got it recently.

    submitted by /u/szyy
    [link] [comments]

    Other party denied my claim what next

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 09:41 PM PST

    I had my lane established after I tuned out from an adjacent parking lot into the main road and got T-boned from a person who was in the turning lane going into the parking lot. Initially she said hit me but did not cause all the damage. She was yelling saying how could you do this to an old woman and a bystander started saying that my damage was preexisting and he will be a witness. The by stander was getting in my face saying I'm trying to fraud and he I was like wtf. I called the cops and the cop didn't file a report and said just exchange your insurance information and we are good to go. He asked for my driver license which I showed him and when he asked the lady for her driver license she started yelling saying her wallet was stolen and I stole her wallet. I was like WTF and asked the cop as I think she don't have her insurance but cop said she does have insurance and gave me her insurance info. I filled claim with her insurance and her insurance came back after review saying they denied my claim after initially accepting my claim as they have a witness who says I pulled in front of her. Their adjuster tried to trick me with what angle and how many seconds etc.

    My insurance says I can get it fixed through my insurance through comprehensive as multiple attempts to contact the other party have gone un responsive or they do not want to speak with them for a statement.

    What do I do? Is this a lost cause?

    This happened in Houston Texas and my insurance is Geico and the other party insurance is Allstate

    submitted by /u/Hustler0007
    [link] [comments]

    Master Condo Ins plus HO6 - how do they work together?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 11:48 AM PST

    I am super confused by it somehow. There is this condo that i own which is in a wildfire prone and earthquake prone area. So, as I understand it, the master policy is supposed to cover the structures, and HO6 everything walls-in. So let's say a wildfire, or even a regular fire destroys the complex. How much will I receive for my unit then and where is it established? Would I file a claim at the market price against the master policy and then another claim for personal property destroyed in the fire?

    What about internal leaks? Say my upstairs neighbor's pipes burst. Who covers that?

    I have been trying to get a copy of the policy but they are guarding it tighter than Trump's tax returns and the "owners checklist" they provided leaves more questions than answers.

    submitted by /u/utahnow
    [link] [comments]

    Find a good insurance company for auto?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 09:09 PM PST

    I was recently in an accident and had State Farm, my insurance lapsed and I need to find a good insurance company in Arkansas.. Geico gave me a $100 a month quote without collision, can I ask for help how I could get the best deal? I really liked State Farm for getting me through the accident but they won't insure me now that it happened.

    submitted by /u/Alternative-Yard
    [link] [comments]

    I need advice.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:54 PM PST

    I live in Pennsylvania and I'm not trying to make a buck with this post, I just honestly don't know what to do and need some guidance.

    On Nov 1 I was involved in an accident where I was rear ended, this was not my fault and at the scene I was taken away in the ambulance as I had a headache and could not remember what happened in the accident. Other driver was cited.

    At the ER they looked me over and said I had a case of whiplash and "probably no concussion because of my age." I was discharged and went about my life. The next week or so was a haze and I was having issues with motor skills and memory. Talked to a doctor friend of mine and she was floored with the response at the other hospital and said that I 100% had a concussion.

    Anyway, I'm an avid exerciser, I workout 4-5x a week and after the accident I took a week off and went back at it slowly. I have noticed that my back has had constant pain since the accident. Sometimes it keeps me up at night (like now) and I'm wondering if there is anything for me to look into.

    I'm pretty sure my insurance agent said I have full tort when it comes to medical. What are the grounds someone can look into pain and suffering? What all is required? Is it too early to even look at that? I want to go back to the gym and get back to the same intensity that I did in the past, right now I cannot even run without my back immediately hurting and going out of alignment. I've been corrected twice now by my chiropractor and about 3-4x by my wife who is a PT.

    Do I have anything here or should I just keep my mouth shut and get on with the pain and hope it goes away?

    submitted by /u/Sad_Broccoli
    [link] [comments]

    does the home insurance company issue a claim check before or after the work is completed?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:44 PM PST

    My landlord (who is a pathological liar) was supposed to re-side and roof our 2 homes before the end of summer, he is about 25% done with the other house after 2 months of work and hasn't done anything on mine. Our roof is near leaking, and our siding is grimy and ripping up in some spots and won't stay in place. He is like a contractor that works through insurance. He claims that he won't get paid to do the homes until the work is finished, and he's unable to afford to finish until spring. I wanted to fact check him for posterity but Google didn't provide me a concise answer. I appreciate anyone who takes time to answer, thanks so much!

    Edit: (This is in northeast ohio)

    submitted by /u/splinter8267
    [link] [comments]

    Difficult multiple storm question and advice

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:22 PM PST

    I had two storms occur this year at my property (Ca) the first storm caused shingles to fly off and water get in the house which damaged rooms requiring demolition. I had a tarp put on the roof and then a second really bad storm happed and blew the tarp up and more rain got in which caused rain damage to the other rooms.

    Does this constitute two different claims and is it smart to file two claims? Or should it just be considered one storm claim because the roof was already compromised from the first storm? An adjuster already came out to assess the damage from the first storm, is in the process of paying out for a roof replacement and has not seen the other room damage yet after the second storm.

    submitted by /u/dieredditdie1
    [link] [comments]

    Am I understanding this HSA plan correctly?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 04:29 PM PST

    Hello!

    I'm choosing my medical insurance and need a bit of help. (Sorry in advance if these are dumb questions.)

    I don't go to the doctors often but go to a dermatologist a lot. Currently I pay a monthly premium and $40 copay every visit with an in-network doctor that gives me a member rate (on my statement it says they bill me $130 and the member rate is $73 and then I pay $40)

    My new options are either:

    (1) an HSA 4000 plan where I pay no premium, with a deductible of $4000 and $500 given to me from my company into the HSA I open. I'd have to pay full price until I hit my deductible and insurance covers it. It says the network for this is Aetna too.

    (2)An HSA 2000 plan where I pay ~$100 monthly with a $2k deductible and $1000 from my company into the HSA I open.

    Or (3) a PPO plan where I pay $230 a month with a $500 deductible.

    I was going to pick the first one but it seems kind of too good to be true out of the options....Apparently my pre-tax HSA money rolls over and I can keep it if I leave the company or change insurance!

    Can you let me know if I'm understanding this correctly? Please and thank you!

    Edit: my company is in nyc! I'm remote

    submitted by /u/confuuuzzzed
    [link] [comments]

    Hawaii Auto and Business insurance - combine?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 07:33 PM PST

    Hey folks. Small (but growing) biz owner here. Cleaning service. Just bought our fist van today. Are there any combo type policies out there that cover Auto and Commercial - i.e. Umbrella or do we need to get separate policies for both? Thanks in advance. State is Hawaii.

    submitted by /u/Altruistic_Anywhere
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendation for best home insurance

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 06:38 PM PST

    I'm located in Maryland and as the title says needs some recommendations. I had Homesite thru geico and had a horrible experience a few years ago. Had to get the Maryland Insurance administration and everything involved so I never want to go deal with Homesite again. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/indiandesi69
    [link] [comments]

    Parking garage gate fell on my car

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 02:28 PM PST

    Last week I was parking my car at some random garage in New Jersey. As I was entering, the garage gate fell on the rear side of my vehicle causing some deep scratches but nothing TOO SERIOUS. I'm assuming that the gate had no sensors installed, so that could be the reason it didn't identify me entering. I talked to the worker at the entrance booth and he confirmed that the gate did fell on my car, but he blamed me for being slow, which I don't think is accurate because as soon as I received the ticket I proceeded to enter. After that, I figured why not contact the garage management and see what they will do. I just got back from them and they're asking for copies of my driver's license, registration, and insurance. I just want to note that I have a very clean record and don't want my insurance rates to go up because of this stupid incident.

    Do you guys think I should provide them with the info they're requesting or just forget about it ?

    submitted by /u/DefeatedMatador
    [link] [comments]

    Have a Question.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 06:04 PM PST

    We purchased a home in July. I had a inspection and FHA did a inspection. Now insurance is wanting to come take pictures after several months. Is this normal? And should I allow?

    submitted by /u/ChildofYHVH
    [link] [comments]

    Car break-in insurance question. Borrowed friend's car, what are my options?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 02:10 PM PST

    I live in California - Bay Area. A couple days ago I borrowed my friend Amy's car to move some boxes, and parked it overnight outside my brother's apartment at metered street parking. I checked on it the next day and 3 windows were smashed and my suitcase was stolen. The damage is purely to the windows and loss of my personal possessions. This is the first time I've experienced this and am at a complete loss at what to do A few insurance questions:

    1. Since this is my friend Amy's car that was broken into while under my watch - whose insurance should I contact? She has the car insured under Geico, I have AAA insurance on a family car in another State. Will Amy's car insurance cover break-in damage if another person was using the car? Does it matter who was driving it if it was legitimately parked on the street when the crime happened?
    2. Are there any options to recoup costs for my lost possessions (clothes, gadgets, cash) from the break in or is that a lost cause? My brother has renter's insurance.... I had read somewhere that it might also cover your guest's stolen items but don't know if that's a legitimate claim and if it extends to that guest's vehicle.

    I'm pretty shaken by the experience and lost at the moment - would appreciate any bit of advice you might have. If this is the wrong subreddit to look for advice - let me know that as well.

    submitted by /u/karroty
    [link] [comments]

    Layout/Breakdown of the CA Life and Health Insurance Exam?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 07:06 AM PST

    I'm in the process of studying the 52 hours to take the L&H exam. Is there such thing as a breakdown on the % of the exam questions on specific topics? For example, do we know how much of the exam covers annuities vs. Medicare vs. life insurance? I know right off the bat which products confuse me more. I'm also taking the exam to just sell Medicare products but decided to take the full bundled test. So I'm studying for things I really don't plan to sell... Thanks!

    submitted by /u/eawhite09
    [link] [comments]

    Life insurance

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 05:07 PM PST

    Best life insurance? For Virginia United States

    submitted by /u/psmith21st
    [link] [comments]

    Does Purchase Price on Policy need to be Exact ?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 03:55 PM PST

    I made a typo on insurance and my vehicle purchase price is about 4 times less then it's actually worth , should I call them to change this or does it not matter? Also will it increase my premium if I increase purchase price? Thanks I live in Ontario

    submitted by /u/No_Dragonfruit8322
    [link] [comments]

    Condo Insurance Question

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 03:45 PM PST

    I'm a board member of a small six person condo association, and our insurance fees have gotten high for the size building we have. I inherited the role when a previous owner left and I took over, so I was not a part of the original sign up for the insurance plan. I'm mostly just wondering, what kind of company should I look for when looking for master insurance for the condo.

    Located in Chicago, IL

    submitted by /u/misterducky
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment