• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 3, 2020

    Stock Market - The defeat of a bear

    Stock Market - The defeat of a bear


    The defeat of a bear

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 06:51 AM PDT

    I sold all my positions, most of which were in my 401k, on feb26 and feb27, and rode the train all the way down, and all the way back up.

    I've been waiting on the next shoe to drop, sitting entirely in cash, and it simply won't come.

    I could tell you the 500 reasons why I still think the market will and should drop, but I can't deny that it isn't and there is an increasing chance that it may not (significantly).

    I had drawn a line in the sand, and said that if the market got back to where it is today, that i would be forced to buy back in. The line has been reached and I am now rebuying most of my old positions for basically the exact price I sold them for, while some of my others that im not buying back into are even higher (IT oriented).

    I couldve bought in sooner and locked in some gains, but I wanted to remain greedy.

    Oh well, huge missed opportunity and now I'm fully exposed to this crap market and actually worse off than if I had done nothing.

    You can all laugh at me now.

    I should've just taken my tiny 5% victory last week.

    submitted by /u/HecklerKoch_USP
    [link] [comments]

    GNUS - Some Thoughts

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 07:54 AM PDT

    With this company running up like crazy, I figured I would dig through some old news and financials to see what's going on. I'll preface this by saying that I have no position in this company, and I'm just throwing ideas out there in order to determine if people really believe in this company in the long-term, or alternatively are capitalizing on the short-term volatility. It seems pretty clear that the latter is true, but I'm bored at work and would like to hear some of your thoughts, so here it goes.

    Right now this company is trading at ~$6.00 per share, with a market cap of ~$590M or roughly 100x 2019 revenue of 5.9M. They have also never posted a profitable year.

    The historical financials are not looking good: https://imgur.com/gallery/ef0uEV1.

    I dug through some old 10-K's and it looks like the elevated revenue in 2012/2013 (6.6 million and 2.6 million) was due to physical media sales such as DVDs in addition to physical products, think merchandise. Revenue then drops to 0.9M for several years until 2017 where they sold Llama Llama to Netflix for what I'm assuming was in the ballpark of $4M based on the huge bump, was too lazy to find the actual sale amount. Revenue drops back down in 2018, then bumps in 2019 due to the sale of Llama Llama season 2 and Rainbow Rangers Season 1, which was in the ballpark of $4M+ again.

    Looking down towards their bottom line, they've run up significant losses over the past 8 years, not posting a single profitable year in the time horizon I evaluated. The 8 years of revenue totals $24.1M while the losses total -$55.7M. This is concerning from a long-term viability standpoint as it seems Genius is unable to generate any money for shareholders. While they have created several very successful programs in recent years, it seems that they are unable to profitably deliver content.

    Financials aside, I decided to look into this newly announced Kartoon Channel! to learn more about the actual product. I found YouTube channels for Kartoon Channel!, Kartoon Channel! Jr., Rainbow Rangers, and Llama Llama as I figured this would be a somewhat useful proxy for popularity and viewership. KC and RR videos averaged several thousand views per video while KC Jr and LL videos averaged in the low ten thousand views per video. Maybe GNUS is hoping to monetize on ads and turn a profit on that revenue stream, but given their current viewership (proxied from YouTube), it doesn't seem that they are going to generate much money. I'm also not very well versed in advertising revenue, so thoughts on this component from more experienced people would be great.

    I'd like some more information on the Kartoon Channel launch on June 15th, I can't tell if this will be a stand-alone streaming application, or simply a combination and rebranding of their existing content. Hoping that some of you who are smarter than me can dig into this and provide some clarity. Reddit won't let me link the press release, so I'm copying it below:

    https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2020/05/06/2028502/0/en/Genius-Brands-International-to-Launch-Kartoon-Channel-Digital-Network-Across-Amazon-Prime-Apple-TV-Comcast-Cox-SelectTV-DISH-Sling-TV-Tubi-Xumo-and-More.html#:~:text=Kartoon%20Channel%20is%20a%20digital,anywhere%20in%20a%20safe%20environment.&text=New%20platforms%20launching%20Kartoon%20Channel,%2C%20Plex%2C%20and%20Canela%20Media.

    TL;DR: GNUS seems like a pump and dump stock and I'm failing to see any long-term prospects for the company. I'm staying on the sidelines, but I hope you all make plenty of money on this one.

    submitted by /u/afruchter
    [link] [comments]

    Name at least one stock you believe is undervalued and going under the radar

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 11:17 AM PDT

    Mine's Michelin, a French tyre manufacturer I acquired a little piece of a few months ago. They have some really healthy financials and were trading at low ratios across the board - still are. Vehicle efficiency is increasing reducing the cost per mile for vehicular travel meaning there's a good chance demand for tyres is only going to increase as we travel more in the future and it becomes cheaper to do so. Interested to hear some opinions

    submitted by /u/ImagineInfinity12345
    [link] [comments]

    What are some stocks that have not recovered from the dip yet, but you think have a high potential of recovery?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 03:35 PM PDT

    For instance, Wells Fargo was in the 50s before the pandemic broke out, and it still hasn't crossed 30, while most tech stocks are back to their pre-COVID glory. What stocks do you think are still recovering from the dip, and are good to buy?

    submitted by /u/incongruous_narrator
    [link] [comments]

    Best stock trading platform?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 12:44 PM PDT

    I'm very new, looking to try to learn but I don't know what platform is best. I was looking into webull but read about slow withdrawals and other problems. I would like to be able to trade options, too.

    submitted by /u/Chrome_Tuna
    [link] [comments]

    BYND growth and how it benefits our health and climate

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 02:43 PM PDT

    Farmers are burning down Amazon to turn into grazing land for animals. We've lost 20% of the Amazon, not only are animals CO2 impacting out atmosphere, the burning of trees release carbons to the atmosphere as greenhouse gas CO2. Without innovation, droughts and horrid climate change will occur. If we reduce meat consumption the world benefits. To create 24 hamburger patties, it requires a large swimming pool worth of water, whereas the same amount of water can make 75 loaves of bread and 30 jars of peanut butter.

    Meat is something I'll never give up but the innovation that BYND and IMPOSSIBLE burger are doing will no doubt help. Their products are ridiculously close to tasting like hamburger meat with their smell, taste, and visual. A lot of people don't even consider eating vegetables which hinders nutrition gain. I'm substituting ground beef with Beyond and it is almost no different than having a burger with lean ground beef.

    The innovation with BYND is a no brainer in my opinion as a company that will grow

    -Sources from Mark Rober

    (Title of video from YouTube)

    Feeding Bill Gates a Fake Burger (to save the world)

    submitted by /u/IllidanLegato
    [link] [comments]

    NVAX

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 10:29 AM PDT

    Man, Novavax just plunged to $42 from $48 in a matter of minutes. That was crazy. Can't find any immediate info as far as a fundamental reason for this.

    What the heck just happened??!?

    submitted by /u/----The_Truth-----
    [link] [comments]

    Why do my stocks drop almost every Tuesday? I'm pretty much a beginner.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 07:32 PM PDT

    I bought a substantial amount of stocks , for me, at the beginning of April. They have done well so far. I have noticed that although almost every stock has gained, they, as a group have gone down every Tuesday, except for one or two.

    submitted by /u/Roonwogsamduff
    [link] [comments]

    Does the “sell the open, buy the close” strategy really work?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 06:19 AM PDT

    Do any of you guys have experience with this strategy? Has it worked for you? I've been thinking about trying it with DIA or SPY. It seems like the overnight pumps are pretty steady.

    submitted by /u/ELC183
    [link] [comments]

    The Nasdaq trades within 2% of a record high as the unbearable lightness of the stock market continues

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    Any downside not already priced in?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 03:00 PM PDT

    Doubt the second wave will cause a lockdown, most of the folks are now well trained to wash their hands, not touch their face, wear a mask and on top of that you would have testing and tracing.

    If no second wave then unemployment will go down and most people would get back on their feet. The market clearly saw a speedy recovery as soon as $7tn were put in and now I don't see any downside.

    GDP will come at -40% or -50% ...earnings will be shite but "already priced" ..election could be the trigger but nothing stopping this Bull run till Nov at least...

    thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Manjal
    [link] [comments]

    Long Term Portfolio w/ DRIP (Dividend Reinvestment Plan)

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 03:37 AM PDT

    Here is a guide to long term portfolio, and what can be achieved with a little amount of money. This video demonstrates dividend investing, and how important starting it early is, even if it is a little amount of money. I will add $100-$400 a month, and document it on youtube.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M253M0V4QQw

    Current market value: $449.10

    This month's addition: $250

    Looking to purchase: SPOT, MSFT, SNAP, O, ABBV

    Going to try and update every month, maybe even two weeks. Watch me fail, or hold for a really, really, really long time.

    submitted by /u/Blarshdeep
    [link] [comments]

    NEW NASDAQ listing WMG is it a buy?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    So I just saw the news that Warner Music got listed today starting at I think $27. Does anyone know about this company that could give some insight as to wether its a buy or not. THANKSS

    submitted by /u/isavaaal
    [link] [comments]

    Investing in energy and tech

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 07:06 AM PDT

    New here, any suggestions on future stocks to invest in. I'm in the oil and gas industry and also wanting to throw a little money in on it. I understand technology is the future so any guidance in that direction would be appreciated. The day oil crashed all I could think about was my business. I should have bought up then!

    submitted by /u/tinykitten34
    [link] [comments]

    How are your investments going?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 10:49 AM PDT

    My AMD is up 9%. I'm thinking about selling and buying citibank, not sure if this s is wise.

    I sold bud at 42 a share to buy facebook. Right now I am kicking myself but I don't think I want to buy bud back. Took a 4 dollar a share loss in that.

    My best buys this year were Google, discover and amc. All three are up consistently. I sold xlu for discover, pondering if I want a little xlu back now.

    Lost money on moderna and gilead but are holding these.

    Made modest 20% profits on disney. I think I might hold this.

    I invested in visa and am moderately happy with the results. Still my results are only 90% as good as what s&p would have been. Should I just buy some s&p and hold for a bit?

    submitted by /u/Joloven
    [link] [comments]

    Watchlist: 6/3 The Tale of Two Forces

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 04:49 AM PDT

    Market Notes:

    There are two major forces acting on the market right now. One we have never seen before and the other we haven't seen since the great depression.

    The Fed is buying, never before has the privately held Federal Reserve added to its balance sheet so much. And never before has the Feds' balance sheet been so high.

    The other force is terrible economic data. Unemployment is a record high. Savings are high too but that's not great either, consumer spending drives much of the economy. Oil prices are too low to support domestic production.

    Right now the Fed is winning. The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent. I believe we are due for a pullback but not until the Fed allows it.

    The VIX is coming down. Futures are rising. I'm bullish.

    Watchlist:

    RVP is a low float, resistance at $6.40

    GROW is a low float, resistance at $2.73

    WRTC is a low float, law enforcement play, watching for a setup above $9.50

    ALNA is a low float, resistance at $3

    LPTX is a low float, resistance at $3

    BWEN is a low float, resistance at $3.20

    VERI is a lowish float, resistance at $10

    GNUS is on watch

    FBIO has support at $3.10

    MEIP has resistance at $4.33

    submitted by /u/tradingforkeeps
    [link] [comments]

    What is your favorite way to track price action and info on stocks?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 10:39 AM PDT

    I'm a newbie who's tired of keeping tons of tabs open Yahoo finance and refreshing.
    What are some of your favorite ways to track stocks price actions and info?

    submitted by /u/ynotplay
    [link] [comments]

    DIS

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    Voting tomorrow on resuming NBA season at Disney Orlando Resort. I got in at 102. With DIS pushing the 120s, what is your guys fair value on DIS? The 1Q and 2Q earnings have been better than previous years. This mouse can't be stopped. I know many were waiting for another drop below 100, is that goal still viable?

    submitted by /u/Trilliboo
    [link] [comments]

    First Trade

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    Invested £200 Into WTI Oil Weeks Ago When It Crashed, I'm Only 16 But This Seems Like A Shrewd Investment As I'm Already £77 Up - Anyone Got Anymore Advice They Could Give Me? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/AJAMEZZ
    [link] [comments]

    How do I start day trading?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 06:08 AM PDT

    I'm looking to get into day trading because it seems like something I can really get into and honestly enjoy. Unfortunately though I am young and lack experience in anything related to stocks or trading. If there is anyone around willing to give some advice on what software I can use or educational material that I can use to start my journey into trading, I appreciate any and all responses.
    Many thanks :)

    submitted by /u/LouLikesNoodles
    [link] [comments]

    Higher price but still a loss

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 09:37 AM PDT

    A few of my stocks had fallen in the last few days and started making a loss, I kept them active because the trends of all the companies showed that it was just an anomaly and the would rise again. Although I was right, all of them started to rise again and a few of them have gone back over the price I bought them for but they are still making a loss.

    Can someone explain this to me, I'm quite new to trading, using Trading 212 (which might have something to do with it)

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/LightningSam
    [link] [comments]

    Pattern day trading, PLEASE HELP

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 08:23 AM PDT

    Long story short, I've made 3 day trades. Last one being June 1st.

    I added enough money to put me over 25k today, but won't show until 5 business days.

    If I make a 4th day trade, and get blocked from day trades for 90 days, would the block be removed once my account is over 25k?? Or do I still have to wait 90 days? Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/TimeToPlay420
    [link] [comments]

    Trump's China War will tank Walmart, Costco, Dollar Stores & Amazon?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 11:14 AM PDT

    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-administration-moves-block-chinese-144736243.html

    We know Trump is left nothing else to bang on except China. Expect him to declare full blown war on China with shits like executive orders to Americans factories to relocate back to the U.S. immediately

    And we can expect China to retaliate, perhaps even cut off US supplies >>> No More Supplies for Walmart, Costco, dollar Stores, even Amazon (this guy sells nothing but everything Made In China -- possible for $AMZN to tank to $10 eventually... Orgasm is coming?)

    What's your take... Bull or bear? What are the good bets?

    submitted by /u/LittaBird
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment