• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 3, 2020

    Accounting Every Time

    Accounting Every Time


    Every Time

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 10:02 AM PDT

    Sympathy from my manager

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 08:59 AM PDT

    Being a Tax Auditor in the Age of Corona

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 10:53 AM PDT

    PwC Webcast - Committed to no layoffs, salary freeze, bonuses, etc.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 01:29 PM PDT

    PwC firmwide webcast on at the moment.

    Roy Weathers (leader of the Tax line of service for non-PwC people) said that the firm is committed to not laying people off. Salaries will be freezed for FY2021. Bonuses will be paid out based on firm performance. If you're promoted, you'll get your salary increase. If you received an offer from PwC, the firm will not rescind it. Interns - y'all be getting full time offers, regardless.

    Caveat - "Individuals who do not meet performance standards will be asked to exit the firm", i.e. the firm is gonna jack up those performance standards. Lmao. Let's all aim for that Tier 1 boys and girls!

    submitted by /u/Mmoyeom
    [link] [comments]

    Work Life Balance

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 03:31 PM PDT

    grant us membership

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 09:10 AM PDT

    When the Senior Manager says

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    PwC announces salary freezes for FY21

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 01:27 PM PDT

    Shitty bonuses will be paid however.

    Welp! Maybe shouldn't have spent 3B on dumb fucking programs and digital up skilling?

    submitted by /u/AnonThrowAw4y
    [link] [comments]

    CPA Canada Security Incident

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 04:02 PM PDT

    Hey all, did anyone else get the email from CPA Canada regarding a security incident, saying that their account info was compromised? Seemed pretty serious. With this and the IT issues they had during the CFE last year, kinda seems like they need to invest a bit more in their tech infrastructure...

    submitted by /u/throwaway2994858
    [link] [comments]

    pwc US is paying bonuses - no raises unless you are promoted.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 01:24 PM PDT

    Utilization

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 07:12 PM PDT

    Work at Big 4. higher ups asking me to charge 8 hours a week, and remaining goes somewhere else. however, working 12-15 hours a day. what are my options?

    submitted by /u/throwaway0030000
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else think their employers are spying on their job search through LinkedIn recruiters?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 04:29 PM PDT

    Does this happen? Am I just paranoid that they know I'm looking at leaving?

    submitted by /u/CovidAnalyst
    [link] [comments]

    Just received EY Start date of Oct. 5

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    Land is a depreciating asset

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 07:22 PM PDT

    Time Sheets

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 05:27 AM PDT

    As I'm sure many of you feel, Time Sheets are the bane of my existence.

    I was recently speaking with a partner of a small regional accounting firm, and he told me he got rid of Time Sheets. He said management divies up the work and just expects it to get done. Most fees are fixed, and I guess he has his own method of budgeting time and fees.

    Have you guys heard of places doing this?

    submitted by /u/tax_junior
    [link] [comments]

    Unemployment eligibility at B4 in California

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 05:18 PM PDT

    I'm a first year entering into 6 months at a Big 4 Firm in California. I've received some poor reviews on my first client and due to Covid, I expect more layoffs from my firm due to poor performance. Just to be clear, in the case that I am told to exit the firm, would I be able to claim unemployment from my state and receive an unemployment check? I've worked less than one year at my firm, and I'm not sure if that's a factor that would not allow me to claim unemployment. Would the firm having me "exit" prevent me from claiming as well?

    submitted by /u/insomniac_koala
    [link] [comments]

    EY I-9 Section 2 Email, Very Confused??

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 04:22 PM PDT

    Hey,

    I'm interning with EY this summer, just got an email about filling out Section 2 of the I-9 form. It says to designate an EY Agent to complete Section 2. Says it can be anyone over 18. Is this referring to just EY employees or can I use for example like a parent? Maybe I'm just being an idiot and this isn't actually confusing.

    Just don't want to email them a bunch of driver's licenses/SS Cards and have it end up being the wrong info.

    Basically I'm just hung up on definition of an agent. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Collegeguy32
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the difference in hours and other activities between manager and senior manager?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 05:22 PM PDT

    An IT Auditor asked how the client is managing the potential risks caused by the COVID, seeing all the client is working from home. To me, That question looked unexpected and interesting. What risks do you see during this unprecedented covid?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 08:06 PM PDT

    Me back when I used to work from home while living with my parents

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    My husband just got laid off from a certain B4. What should be his next steps?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 10:17 AM PDT

    So my husband just finished his Zoom call with his partner and HR and they laying him off. We're both still reeling from the news, and he's wondering what his next steps should be.

    This was his first job after getting his Masters in Accounting (tax focus) and he's been with the firm for 2.5 years (three busy seasons). He's currently considering the options

    A. Immediately begin the search for the next available job and hop on it.

    B. Take a month or so to recuperate from his highly stressful time in public.

    C. Take a month or two to study for the CPA exams and try to pass one or two of them before starting a new job.

    While the firm is continuing to pay him for the next five week+the PTO pay out+severance+unemployment+our emergency savings, we are concerned about finances, as I will be quitting my job next month to start medical school and we were going to be dependent on his income and benefits. However, he is weary of making the wrong moves at such a crossroads and getting stuck somewhere that isn't a fit for him.

    Any advice?

    submitted by /u/badashley
    [link] [comments]

    Where does the kpmg hate come from?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment