• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 10, 2019

    Saying it loud for everyone in the back. Insurance

    Saying it loud for everyone in the back. Insurance


    Saying it loud for everyone in the back.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 08:52 AM PDT

    CURRENT MARKET VALUE/COST OF A PROPERTY IS NOT THE SAME AS REPLACEMENT COST OF A PROPERTY.

    Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

    submitted by /u/Yellowhairdontcare
    [link] [comments]

    I passed my P&C!

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 08:38 AM PDT

    Just got out of the testing center about ten minutes ago. Flew through both parts. I feel so elated because now I can start my new job.

    submitted by /u/Arili_O
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance told me that doctor was in network. Doctor was not in network. Insurance is telling me that I'm still responsible for the whole bill. Any help?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 04:01 PM PDT

    Bill was $1015. Insurance is telling me they'll apply $450 (their negotiated rate) towards my deductible, but that I am still responsible for paying the original billed amount of $1015. This seems insane to me, since I wouldn't have even seen the doctor if Anthem hadn't told me that they were in network. Shouldn't I only be responsible for the negotiated rate amount of $450 since it was their mistake?

    submitted by /u/goldenglove
    [link] [comments]

    Car collision, but who is at fault?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 09:04 PM PDT

    So I was involved in a car collision today, my first, and apparently the first for the other driver. On a three lane street, I was stopped behind a car in the left lane changing into the center lane, and she was in the right lane, moving to the center lane. I had my flasher on, and saw no indication that any car was in the center lane or moving into the center lane so I proceeded to change - then I got slammed into by this other car. She says that she thought I was just a parked car (even though I had my flasher on, maybe she thought it was a four way light?).

    She stated numerous times it's her fault, and I tend to agree, but from reading online I've read that if you have damage to the front passenger side from such an incident (which I do) you are automatically found at fault.

    Who do you think would be considered at fault?

    Edit note: location is Ontario, Canada

    submitted by /u/RobertMC02
    [link] [comments]

    Any colonial life sales managers?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 08:52 PM PDT

    Got a call today from colonial life the person seemed very interested in hiring me after our conversation. I was curious if anyone here is in a sales manager position with them and how it's going?

    submitted by /u/Brickhandsagholor
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance agents!!

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 08:39 PM PDT

    So I'm brand new - I'm in Colorado and I'm at 12 an hour and 2% commission. (That's what I'll stay at with this company) I feel like this is really low but I'm so new and I have no friends In this business. I just need some advice on if I need to look elsewhere. Any type of advice is MUCH appreciated.

    (Property and casualty but I'm getting my L&H license soon, but everything stayed the same)

    submitted by /u/babysittinlifffffw
    [link] [comments]

    For agents in big cities/metropolitan areas

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 08:31 PM PDT

    How is the money? I live in a pretty rural area and I'm working on getting licensed. Just thinking to myself being that I'm 20, I could move in the next few years. How is the money in a metropolitan area like Houston, TX?

    submitted by /u/Synchronixe
    [link] [comments]

    How do Insurance Companies Make Money on Indexed Products?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 02:02 PM PDT

    This may be a complicated question, but I'm curious. With Indexed Products have little to no risk for the insured (besides the 0% return and fees), how badly does an Insurer hurt during a primarily down market? How do they negate risks?

    My apologies if this question has been asked before.

    submitted by /u/Bryancg
    [link] [comments]

    Self Employed seeking insurance

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 06:58 PM PDT

    I am self employed and do not have insurance. I recently tweaked my knee and probably need an MRI. Before coughing up the money I was wondering what my options are. Is there any chance I can get insurance to help with the financial burden? I'm thinking I may need surgery and but scared to find out the cost. Just wondering what my options are.

    Many thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/G_mo_
    [link] [comments]

    hypothetical question regarding total loss

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 06:29 PM PDT

    Let's say I have either an imported car or a very unique limited edition car that gets totaled. What will my auto insurance company utilize to see how much the car I have is worth at the time it was totaled? I know when third party companies appraise how much a car is worth, they look for similar cars that might be 75-150 miles from where I live to get an estimate. But since my car is ultra rare, how would this process change?

    submitted by /u/caraccidentCA
    [link] [comments]

    Can't find house insurance

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 06:08 PM PDT

    My family just moved into a house that burned down. We had to move out because of the fire and the house insurance paid but kicked us out. Is there any way we can find house insurance?

    submitted by /u/brasseuphoniumking
    [link] [comments]

    Allstate claim... can I pocket the repair check

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 01:48 PM PDT

    other driver hit my car in California. My car is completely paid off and the other driver has have Allstate. I did the quick photo claim and they provided estimate. Next step is for me to bring car into any shop. Damage is cosmetic only and I dont mind driving the car how it is as my commuter warrior and badge of frugality when I pull up to work.

    Is it possible to just get a check written out to myself from Allstate and just walk away? If so any tips of doing this?

    I'm assuming I would take the car to a shop so they can confirm estimate but dont leave my car there. Once they submit whatever to insurance I call Allstate and make sure the check is sent and written out to me.

    submitted by /u/audioaxes
    [link] [comments]

    Insulin Pump Nightmare

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 05:16 PM PDT

    I work for an insurance company in a non-insurance role. Our policy has a loop hole for employees that we must use the DME supplier that the company owns. This supplier does not carry diabetic supplies.

    The process is that the script or order must be sent to the DME supplier and denied before they will cover another supplier. Otherwise, it is covered at the lower level.

    My spouse needs his insulin pump replaced and more supplies. The manufacturer of the pump, the supplier of the pump, and his doctor all refuse to send the order to the required DME supplier because they are not licensed for insulin pumps. They state that it is. HIPAA violation to send his information to an uninvolved party.

    The insurance customer service keeps saying that there is an exception and it's covered. Then, the EOB arrives and we owe hundreds or thousands. Last time, they told us that they will not fix the bill again because we have been advised of the policy.

    Now, needing not only supplies but a pump too they are once again saying it's covered. The DME supplier is saying it's not because I am an employee. Based on past issues, I believe that it is not covered.

    We have spent over 15 hours on the phone over three weeks. No one will budge. We cannot have a bill in the thousands because when we cannot pay it they will not fill future orders for supplies.

    Who is wrong here? Is it really a HIPAA violation to follow the insurance requirement? Am I actually required to jump through the extra loophole because I work there?

    submitted by /u/IH8ChoosingUsername
    [link] [comments]

    Feel like I'm getting cheated by other party's insurance company (CA)

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 05:06 PM PDT

    Recently involved in an accident, I was at a stop sign in a parking lot, a car backed out of their parking spot into me. I take photos, exchange information, and make a claim with their insurance. They and their insurance have conceded that they are 100% at fault and sent me a letter saying so.

    This is where things get bad. The local body shop where i dropped off the car came up with an estimate of $1100 to repair/ replace the entire bumper, their insurance claims because there was existing damage they will only cover $250 of it. The "existing damage" is on the other side of the bumper and a scratch maybe 3 inches long and not very deep. The damage caused by their client is at least 10 x worse. They wont budge and the body shop says they cant fix anything at all for $250. I have called and called and escalated and their insurance company will not do anything to help, has said that they will not reevaluate the claim and consider it closed.

    What do I do to just get my car repaired and back to me?

    submitted by /u/wHiTeSoL
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance Agent Started Policy Without Approval?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 04:55 PM PDT

    I recently got engaged and spoke with my fiancee's insurance agent (currently Auto and Homeowners) about a personal articles policy to cover the ring. I shared an appraisal with her to get a quote and she sent a copy of the policy's terms and conditions, but at no point did I sign or approve anything and I received no additional communication. Ultimately, I went with a jewelry insurance company for a variety of reasons.

    A month and half later, my fiancee and I receive a notice in the mail (dated 9/24) that the policy is now in effect, backdated to the date of the original conversation (8/7), and that our payment would be due at the end of October. Additionally, the policy coverage amount was incorrect and reflected the price of the diamond only (I purchased separately and appraisal from jeweler listed both total appraisal and diamond value). I reached out to the agent and she confirmed our policy was indeed in effect, but she could cancel it effective the original start date.

    I'm not one to make noise, but this screams of fraudulent behavior to me. We have cancelled the policy and are working to move our existing policies to another agent. I'm not looking for financial or legal recourse, but for the sake of professional decency, is this worth alerting her general agency to?

    submitted by /u/JS332332
    [link] [comments]

    [CANADA/QC] Should I just accept the total loss amount my insurance is giving me?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 04:54 PM PDT

    [CANADA/QC] Should I just accept the total loss amount my insurance is giving me?

    Hi all,

    So I was in an accident last week which resulted in the car being a total loss. Thankfully nobody was hurt, but the car was wrecked.

    The insurance company just called me today to confirm it was a total loss and let me know the amount they would refund, and I believe it's a little low and I'll have to pay out of pocket to get an equivalent car.

    The car is a 2011 Ford Focus SE with 136,000km.

    I searched Kijiji and Autotrader using these criteria :

    Location: Canada (to have a large enough sample) Make: Ford Model: Focus Year: 2011 to 2011 Kilometers: 120k to 150k (15k under to 15k over) 

    I found 18 results on Kijiji and 12 on Autotrader. I also looked up the Canadian Black Book value.

    Kijiji Mean : $5,393.59 Kijiji Median : $4,995.00 Autotrader Mean : $5,228.67 Autotrader Median : $4,892.50 Canadian Black Book : $5,825.00 

    In QC, I'd have to add 10 to 15% tax to this, so going with the values above, it would cost between $5,626.37 and $6,698.75 to replace it.

    The insurance check would be $5,195.49.

    Now to be clear, I bought the car for $3,000 a year ago, but it was a fixer upper and I put time and money on it to fix everything that was wrong, mostly suspension and rust...

    Am I being greedy? Or should I ask for more? If so, how?

    Thanks,

    Simo

    submitted by /u/simobk
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance agent told me I couldn’t get another estimate

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 04:25 PM PDT

    I'm in NY State. I was involved in an accident back in August. I was in stop and go traffic, hit from behind, and three other cars were involved. My car received damage, but I've still been driving, waiting for the person at fault's insurance to pay up. Last week, I finally decided to have my insurance repair the damages, and wait to be reimbursed my deductible. This car has a lien and I have full coverage insurance. I dropped my car at the insurance company's recommendation, where my insurance agent apparently has an office. This is my first estimate of damage. I received a call Monday that this will be a total loss. Tuesday I received a call from my agent, claiming this is definitely a complete loss, and that I need to have the title at the shop, signed by Thursday morning. I spoke with him again today, as the amount won't pay off my loan, and I'll just be stuck without a car. When I spoke with him again today, I still told him I would rather try and repair my car than to total it out. I asked if I am entitled to a second estimate with a different collision company, and he replied in an aggressive tone, 'unless you plan to have another insurance company to pay for this, then no you can't have a second estimate.' It was 4:30 and the shop closed at 5. I hustled over, under the assumption I had no other options than to sign my title over, did so and collected my plates. I'm just now wondering why I would not be able to have someone else look at my car? I'm royally screwed at this point, as my rental coverage lasts until Tuesday. Did he give me wrong information? When I collected my plates and belongings, my car was already tore apart, ready to be salvaged, even though I begrudgingly only agreed 20 minutes prior to arriving. My title is already signed over, so there's nothing I can do about it now, but I want the company to know someone is giving wrong information. Thank you in advance. This is my first car loan, as well as total loss, and I feel I was rushed into a decision without knowing all of my options.

    submitted by /u/kkcantdab
    [link] [comments]

    Which insurance policies should I get during my year-long road trip?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 03:50 PM PDT

    I am embarking on a year-long road trip, planning to visit and blog about each of the 435 congressional districts before the 2020 election day. I've already sold my car (I will be using public transportation) as well as my condo. Almost all my possessions are going to be in storage, but I will carry a laptop and a few other things worth a total of less than $5,000 with me. I would also like to protect myself against any default judgments that may be brought against me in absentia. Which insurance policies would you recommend that I get?

    submitted by /u/freebsdlego1
    [link] [comments]

    Cycling/Pedestrian Accident (California)

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 03:42 PM PDT

    To preface, I'm not 100% certain if this is the correct reddit to post on. If it isn't I am sorry and will re-post elsewhere.

    So about two weeks back I (cyclist) collided into a pedestrian who walked out slightly into the shared pedestrian/bike lane. No police was contacted as the person seemed fine and he himself didn't seem to want it. We exchanged information anyways to be on the safe side and after I was sure he was OK enough and was at his car we parted ways.

    A week later, the person calls back and says he has been having headaches. One week from that, the person says he has some sort of minor brain hemorrhage and we even met in person and I saw the medical documents. He is in the process of checking if it will heal on its own now or if further medical procedures are needed. I also found out at that point that he did not have health insurance of his own to cover any of the medical bills.

    I do feel responsible and I want to help, but I have just graduated and literally landed a job the day after the accident.

    What do I do in this situation with no police report? Also what type of insurance would cover something like this?

    submitted by /u/youeatpoo
    [link] [comments]

    Compulsory Incurance Police

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 03:23 PM PDT

    Can please anyone tell me if home insurance police are usually complusory or are they facultative! Regards!

    submitted by /u/julindinin
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody ever dealt with a car crash over seas?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 03:15 PM PDT

    I recent got into a car crash in Aruba and damaged the other car pretty bad ie. needs a new rear bumper and hatch. I purchased insurance online when I got the rental but I guess it only covers my vehicle (which surprisingly suffered zero damage) I also have car rental insurance through my chase sapphire reserve credit card but I believe it's the same as the other policy I purchased only covering my vehicle. Would my insurance (all state) pay them? Or do I just have to come out of pocket.

    submitted by /u/adolfobrr
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance Check - More Damage

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 03:04 PM PDT

    I have received the check from the other insurance company. I'm wanting to complete the work myself. While looking deeper into the damage there is more than what the estimate is saying... Found more broken parts within the original damage (under the hood). I've done a little work on the vehicle already. Can i contact the other insurance company and send them pictures of the damage i observed, and get them to write another check?

    submitted by /u/jefedahmer
    [link] [comments]

    Auto Accident Claim, request for recorded statement

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 02:37 PM PDT

    Hello,

    Last week I was hit buy a construction company truck while merging at a forced lane merge on a city street. I checked mirrors, looked over shoulder, used my turn signal, there was more than a safe amount of room and was hit by the truck on the rear quarter panel of driver side just above the rear wheel well. Truck driver did not have insurance on hand, and he got out of the truck with cell phone in hand stating "I didn't even see you".

    My car is bright red, and I had been driving in front of him in the next lane for 30 seconds at least before signaling to merge. I am confident he was on his cell phone and not watching the road.

    My insurance just called me after I have provided a police report, claim report and a verbal report the first adjuster whom called me yesterday that told me this call would be recorded before taking more information about the claim. They are requesting me to complete a recorded statement with them for about 20 minutes in which they will ask me for a statement of events then follow up with questions. They also claimed the the other driver has already submitted a recorded statement and neither parties can agree on where the fault lies.

    My question is, do I have to complete the recorded statement? I feel like this is going to be a way to trap me in the event I miss a detail previously reported or change a detail. Maybe trick me to admit fault or fumble up so they can pin me for this.

    Thank you for the help in advance.

    submitted by /u/Adderalholic
    [link] [comments]

    Who is at fault for a 5-car pile up? Where is our fault being car 4/5?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 10:29 AM PDT

    Location: Nashville, TN.

    My boyfriend and I were leaving Nashville, TN Sunday. We were going 45 mph in wet conditions. No visible rain but the roads were slick on the interstate (440). Hence, the slow speeds. So we see a car pull into a construction lane on the left and weren't sure what was happening. We're slowing down as the traffic on Google maps says there is medium (orange) traffic ahead. So immediately after this car a couple cars ahead swerves off in the left lane that is closed off the car in front of us immediately stops. No slow down, just stops.

    Turns out, she was traveling too close to the car in front of them and rear-ended them. We tried to safely slow down to no avail since the roads were slick and we didn't want to risk spinning out and injuring more people. We rear end the car in front of us pretty bad. I was the passenger and personally felt as though we were at a safe distance, especially in wet conditions, but it's kind like "the damage doesn't lie" you know?

    Anyway, the car behind us sees what happens and tries to avoid us but doesn't do a great job and rear ends us hard furthermore into the car in front of us. The 3 cars involved were 3 of 5 cars in the pile up, us being number 4, and we were all stated as driving improper distances to each respective car in front.

    The either cars I'm assuming are not liable in any way.

    We're wondering since all three cars mentioned were totaled. How would insurance most likely handle this. Each person covers the car in front of them? Since we were rear-ended as well will my boyfriend receive compensation for his damages? I went to the hospital for a check-up since our airbags did deploy and I have whiplash and strains in my neck. Who is responsible for this?

    We are not very knowledgeable of the process and would like some insight! Any and all advice will help.

    I'll attach the police report below.

    Nashville 5-car pile-up

    submitted by /u/niyamthomas
    [link] [comments]

    Tree Service Maybe Uninsured?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 01:49 PM PDT

    Got a phenomenal quote from a company here in my town (Lafayette, IN, USA) and they've been doing work on trees for a long time in this area. Everyone who has used them recommends them.

    I called them out to my house for a tree quote, they were the lowest by a long shot. Difference of a few thousand dollars kind of price. My first few quotes were over $2,500. His quote was $400 all said and done, and he offered to cut another tree that will be a problem in a few years as part of that $400. The second tree is maybe 10 feet tall, it couldn't hurt a thing.

    Curious why it was so low, asked the guy quoting questions like you're bonded and insured right? To which he avoided the question. I asked again. "If you drop this on my neighbors house, who is paying up" and again he avoided Q.

    Then he said it won't happen, we've been doing this for 7 years, nothing more than a picket fence has ever been damaged by our work.

    So a few questions for this post: Aren't tree removal companies required to have liability insurance at the least?

    If he doesn't have insurance, is there any way I can get some sort of temporary coverage insurance so that if something goes wrong and they dip, everything is covered?

    Would I be against any legal entities to have him sign a document before starting that simply states "hey I'm doing this work, I agree to pay if anything goes wrong and the homeowners won't be paying if any damages to homes occurs"

    If that's not an option, what would you recommend otherwise?

    My house is 6 months old this week, valued at $282k and my neighbors house is 60 or so years old, valued at $90K on paper (Yep, it is lowering a lot of property values in my area)...

    The tree being cut down sits on an empty 2 acre pizza slice (shape of land) lot that I own between our houses, the tree itself is actually growing on the land line between his lot and the empty one. The tree leans towards the middle of the empty lot, but it's about 45-50 feet tall. A good gust of wind would throw it another direction easily. Tree is just tall enough to land on my detached garage, or would flatten my neighbors house if something was to go wrong...

    submitted by /u/Everett1394
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment