• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 10, 2019

    Why don't I see builders/developers building "average" homes? Real Estate

    Why don't I see builders/developers building "average" homes? Real Estate


    Why don't I see builders/developers building "average" homes?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 06:53 AM PDT

    I'm a real estate photographer in NJ and I watch the market quite closely in my area and obviously I'm very exposed to it. In the last 10 years I can't recall one time that I've seen an average single family home (i.e., 1,400-2,200 sq/ft) being built. Almost every new community starts around 2,600 and goes up to around 4,000 sq/ft and then maybe some condo's on the very inside of the development. Is this how it is everywhere or is this just in NJ? If so... why?

    submitted by /u/NjStacker22
    [link] [comments]

    Owners Title Policy

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 09:58 PM PDT

    Hi Y'all!

    I bought my house from Open Door last year. The interest rate I was able to get at that time was high, and today I closed the refinance of my house. After I sign the papers, the person from the title company said that my house had a deed and that she required a Owners Title Policy but Open Door was hard to work with. She told me I had 3 business days to submit this document, otherwise the loan will not be funded.

    My first question is, is it the job of the title company to get this document?

    Second question is, I received a document from the title company called General Warranty Deed with vendor's Lien. Is this the document the title company requested?

    Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/Machinegone
    [link] [comments]

    Leads

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 07:40 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I'm a brand new agent and I don't really have anyone else to ask these questions...at least not anyone who isn't trying to sell me something.

    My broker told me to call FSBO listings and offer my services. To me, this seems like an out dated practice, and one I would hate to be in the receiving end of. Every call I've made has ended with nasty owners who are tired of getting these phone calls. Most of them have already had multiple realtors calling them already.

    So, my question is...is it worth it? Has anyone had any success with cold calling like that? Is it worth it, or should I try something else?

    Thank you guys in advance!

    submitted by /u/LuckyMedic93
    [link] [comments]

    Is door knocking for an open house effective?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 04:13 PM PDT

    Hello all, I am a new agent who is getting into doing open houses as a means to generate business. I'm well aware of online promotions, signs and other means of promoting the open house, but does door knocking the neighborhood of the open house actually help to create business? Sure it might create more foot traffic but does that matter if it only consist of nosey neighbors?

    I'm aware there's always a chance of you getting a lead (as with essentially any interaction) but can someone provide a real world instance of them getting business from open house door knocking? Even when the open house is on another agents listing?

    submitted by /u/TheYoungLung
    [link] [comments]

    Question about sale prices of houses around ours?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 12:45 AM PDT

    I was looking on Zillow (I know, really unreliable in general) trying to find out sale prices of houses around the one we're looking at. Some of them though were sold for like 20-30k, maybe 60k in some places for like a 3 bed, 2 bath? Is the information just wrong on these houses or was this the price of the land thay was bought before the house was built on it?

    submitted by /u/PlasmaWarrior
    [link] [comments]

    Where do you get your Renovation/Interior Design Ideas?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 12:25 AM PDT

    Newbie Investor. As I look for homes to BRRR, I see things on the surface that can use improvements, but then I put myself in the situation and think of what I would actually do, and I feel like I wouldn't know where to start or what to do.

    Do you get your renovation ideas from a source? Does this come from experience? Do you let contractors do the work/give suggestions?

    submitted by /u/No_Dents1
    [link] [comments]

    where do I go to submit a complaint about an agent (San Diego CA)

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 06:50 PM PDT

    like the title says.

    at this point I think my agent was actively working against my best interests and attempted to railroad me in to a horrible deal. complete with massive paperwork failures like failing to turn in contract cancellations and refusals to follow explicit instructions.

    submitted by /u/cnhn
    [link] [comments]

    Would a 24 million dollar school site renovation affect home values?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 10:02 PM PDT

    The school is in LA and serving a lower income community. There's a plan to improve the facilities starting next year. How significantly would this affect neighboring real estate values? Any anecdotal insight welcomed.

    submitted by /u/green-tea_
    [link] [comments]

    MLS listing services, how to decide which one?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 05:58 PM PDT

    So one flat fee is for $300 (Virginia) includes MLS listing and realtor.com, zillow.com and others, real estate disclosures?

    How do I know which flat fee MLS Broker is the best? That they will put it in the right MLS?

    Is there a website that reviews them?

    submitted by /u/oakmanii
    [link] [comments]

    Is it more expensive to refinance a home with a different lender?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 09:29 PM PDT

    From what I can tell, refinancing with my current lender will be about half of the cost of the original loan. It looks like they waive origination fees and other fees for refinancing (kind of a guess). The lender my friend just refinanced with went a full half percent lower than what my bank is offering. Will switching to another bank incur the full price of a loan as if I just bought my house or can I expect similar closing costs when switching banks?

    submitted by /u/Tossmeout3241
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for all insights!

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 09:02 PM PDT

    Hi everyone! For a long while now I've wanted to get into real estate. I'm now newly 26 and I'm in a position to chase that dreams I've thrived in sales environments for a long time and I've always enjoyed helping people find the right product (not the product I want them to buy) and tend to build rapport very quickly. I've always wanted to step out and see what I'm worth. Approaching home owners, businesses. Everybody! One of the things from looking all around the internet Is everyone has entirely mixed reviews on finding leads. Both commercial and residential clients. I'm interested in everyone's own personal input in how they find leads, and if you prefer commercial or residential and why! Thanks everyone!

    submitted by /u/Jesseddh1
    [link] [comments]

    How do you research towns your thinking of investing in?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 08:26 PM PDT

    I have a couple years of saving to do before I can invest the right way. I'm really interested in my home town, as it's growing (I think) and there are currently two rentals posted a week ago in the whole town. My family is always talking about how there's no rentals in the area. It's also upgrading sports grounds, the pools, skatepark etc.

    Anyway, I'm planning on watching this town for a couple years to see if it actually is growing and would be worth investing in. What do you do when researching new towns? I was thinking checking the realestate listings to see how quick they are snapped up, watch the prices of homes etc etc.

    submitted by /u/monalizard12345
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a database for searching for homes based on year built?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 08:22 PM PDT

    Like the title says, I'm looking for a database that allows me to search for homes built during certain a certain time period. I'm not looking for homes for sale, but rather homes of a certain age. How would I find homes, that are not necessarily for sale, in housing tracks built within the last 15 years? Is there a database with the ability to drill down using this criteria?

    submitted by /u/modmetadotcom
    [link] [comments]

    Permits and Inspections question

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 11:29 AM PDT

    I put in an offer on a home and it was accepted. I told a few of my family members about it (although I know nothing is finalized until I have key in hand after closing) and my aunt, who works for the township the home is in, freaked out.

    The description listed a few upgrades such as newer roof, newer windows, new HVAC unit, new sewer line, central air, brand new flooring throughout the home, brand-new stainless-steel kitchen appliances, new cabinetry, new granite countertops, and both bathrooms have been updated.

    My aunt looked in the township's records and did not see a single permit on the house. Essentially, she is telling me that buying this house is a mistake because they did all this work and got zero permits for it. She also mentioned that the gravel driveway will need to be paved as gravel driveways are not allowed in the township. I see where she is coming from and although she is coming off aggressive towards me, I know she is just trying to offer her opinion and look out for my best interests.

    We do have an inspection clause in there so if anything we don't like comes out of the inspection, we can pull out of the deal. I said as much to her and she said we are moving too quickly and should not buy this home. She also said that the inspector would not check to see if there are permits for the property.

    My question now is – Would a home inspection look for everything that someone issuing a permit would look for? If something is wrong, theoretically, would a home inspector catch that? Like I said, we have the inspection clause and we can also have them fix whatever we want before we sell or ask for money back from them for it. Obviously, I would prefer is everything have permits but is this a legitimate concern she has? Shouldn't everything be okay as long as we pass inspection?

    The reason I am questioning her concern is because I think she has ulterior motives for not wanting me to purchase this house (or any house). She has breast and brain cancer and I suspect she would like me to buy her house off her son once she passes.

    submitted by /u/blackcatlady927
    [link] [comments]

    In TX, what happens to renter if they don’t pay last months rent?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 05:06 AM PDT

    Currently renting as we wait for new home to be built. New home will be finished a month or two prior to lease expiring. I don't plan to ever rent again, this was just a temp situation as our old house sold faster than new house was built.

    Landlord is an asshole. Lives many states away. Has repeatedly lied to us about many things. Moved in and home was filthy and unkept. Plumbing and AC issues as well. We had to pay to get everything fixed and use our time to do it. He won't reimburse us for everything.

    He gets mail at our house which included a bankruptcy court notification. Have had 2 service companies (pest control and a/c) call me to pay overdue bills that are in his name which I won't pay.

    Want to not pay our final months rent as it was equal to our damage deposit. I took 60+ pics upon move in and emailed to him showing damage everywhere already. If I don't pay last months rent and just lose my damage deposit and the other money he won't reimburse, us there anything else legally that could happen to me that I should consider?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/NESMission
    [link] [comments]

    Hot tub in the basement.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 07:38 PM PDT

    I have a hot tub in my basement. It is in good shape and works well. It is "sunk" into the cement floor about 6 inches. It is a very family oriented neighborhood and home.

    I am planning on selling in the next year or so. Should I leave it or remove? About $1500 or so to remove and fill in the concrete, but them the floor won't match and the paneling needs to be replaced.

    submitted by /u/greengrass256
    [link] [comments]

    Questions: Offer and Counter offer

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 07:26 PM PDT

    House is listed for 750k. Offered 675k. They came back at 710k. Seems like they countered reasonably lower than list price.. too easily? Comps seem to show that 750k wasn't overpriced. Though there aren't many houses like this in the area. House is in great shape so we're confident there aren't any hidden issues. Plus inspection would find most hidden problems if they did exist.

    Wondering if the amount below list of the counter offer is normal? Does this % swing from list price happen often?

    TIA for any insight

    submitted by /u/11e92
    [link] [comments]

    Bought a fixer up duplex and having trouble finding homeowners insurance

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 06:00 PM PDT

    Me and my boyfriend recently bought a duplex that was previously a rental property. There was a fire upstairs about a year and a half ago, but the damage is only upstairs. We've been shopping around for home insurance and one company said they'd insure us but we couldn't live at the property until repairs are made to the upstairs. A few other companies said they wouldn't insure us at all with the condition of the house. First question.. is there any way for the insurance company to prove if we're living there or not? And if we did accept the policy and continue living there would it be considered insurance fraud? We need to get insurance ASAP because it's apart of our contract-to-own with the previous owner who we still owe about $9,000 to pay off the house. I've just been really discouraged having so much trouble finding someone to insure us and I'm worried we're going to breach our contract and lose the house. This is my first time buying a house on contract and also buying something live-able but still in pretty bad shape (upstairs and roof/siding in a few spots). Please let me know if you have any advice!

    submitted by /u/savnicole
    [link] [comments]

    Seller asking for something really weird

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 05:54 PM PDT

    Seller is asking for 4 months occupancy past date of settlement. Seller is also asking to pay no rent during that time. Will an underwriter even accept that? How to respond to that?

    submitted by /u/anusapricots
    [link] [comments]

    [CT] Why is my monthly so high? $129,000 Home, $1200-1300/month. 740 credit score

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 05:34 PM PDT

    Home price $129,000

    Interest: 3.125%

    Down Payment 10%

    15 Year Fixed

    Credit Score: 740

    State: Connecticut

    I make $72k

    First time home buyer, and just don't believe the monthly cost for only a $129,000 home. I talked to my mortgage person and that's what he said.

    I though a $1200-$1300 monthly correlated with a home price of around $200k or something. I was expecting $700-800 monthly, excluding utilities...

    I am now looking at home that are $100k and below. All fixer upper.

    Edit: $0 DEBT

    submitted by /u/itsreallymedoh
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on downpayment % for first home

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 09:29 AM PDT

    I'm 29, I make 90K a year and live in a low cost of living city Cleveland Ohio. I am looking at a starter home for 120-150K and would like to put down more than 20%.... what is your opinion on downpayment %? I have no kids, not married, no loans, no debt or anything to worry about and have $50K saved for a house so far, hopefully it is 70K by March when I make a buy. Any advice would be great

    submitted by /u/Scienceguruuu1995
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need to send counter on same contract that was sent?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 04:59 PM PDT

    I sent an offer via dot loop to seller agent. They made a counter using a different platform and crossed out and edited my original written offer and sent it via email as a pdf. Do I now need to upload their pdf and edit their edits or can I just make changes to my original dotloop contract and have my client resign it?

    submitted by /u/Goingbychrundle
    [link] [comments]

    when during the closing process can i apply for a new credit card?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 01:06 PM PDT

    So I'm buying my first house and I'm due to close on October 16th. I'm noticing a lot of good opportunities for some good credit card bonus spending (ex spend 3k in 3 months to get XXX bonus) because of all this extra spending related to the house. So my question is would it be okay for me to apply for a new credit card at this point or could it screw something up with closing?

    submitted by /u/arena1234
    [link] [comments]

    Buyer submitting a back up offer worth it? (Florida)

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 04:36 PM PDT

    Is it worth submitting a back up offer? Does it depend on where seller is in the process with current offer? Is there any reason not to submit a back up offer?

    What about a back up offer on a foreclosure or short sale?

    In Florida - Hillsborough County specifically.

    submitted by /u/tigress88
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment