• Breaking News

    Friday, June 7, 2019

    What's the right response to: "I just got someone to do, for free, the same job you wanted to charge $1200." small business

    What's the right response to: "I just got someone to do, for free, the same job you wanted to charge $1200." small business


    What's the right response to: "I just got someone to do, for free, the same job you wanted to charge $1200."

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 12:46 PM PDT

    Had to laugh at this message today. Hope the free service is worth it.
    The funny thing is, we don't charge $1200. We start at $1500 and go up from there. Wonder if he's charging $0 for his product/service, too?

    submitted by /u/time2getonline
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for help to get started

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 02:09 AM PDT

    Hi all, I'm wanting to start my own IT business starting small with say internet setups and basic help/support and working my way up to full time work as I gain confidence. I have 12 years working IT in private enterprise and government.

    What do I need to do to get started. ie how do I charge my customers. What do I need to be careful of. What resources are there out there for me to use. Do I need to register my business. What am I missing.

    Any help would really be greatly appreciated.

    I'm located in Perth Western Australia.

    submitted by /u/starkaas
    [link] [comments]

    Any restaurant owners here? Looking for feedback on industry staffing crisis, and bridging foh and boh income inequality.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 05:19 AM PDT

    Our industry is in a staffing crisis, particularly in the back of house. Being a cook is a hard job, and the standard compensation isn't enough to entice people to pursue a career in the kitchen. Cooks can't afford to live in the cities where they work.

    Our industry has this weird thing where tipped servers end up taking home significantly more annually, than their coworkers in the kitchen. It's a flawed system, and I have yet to see a good solution implemented. Many restaurants have tried to do away with tipping, and it hasn't proven successful. Customers don't like seeing higher menu prices, even if they would end up paying more with tip. The servers leave, because they make less money. Most of these restaurants have given up on this experiment.

    Besides the pay gap, there is a huge difference in attitudes between a highly incentivized job, and one with no incentives. Every member of the back of house has to work so much harder on busier days. Everything is more difficult for them when sales increase, from prep at the beginning of the day, to clean up at the end. The nature of the industry is that business is variable and unpredictable. There is typically no financial motivation for back of house staff, when they are pushed to their limit on the busiest days.

    I have thought that a kitchen tip line on checks may be a good way to get additional compensation for the kitchen, while incentivizing their performance.

    Another solution I heard from a fellow redditor, is to pay out a percentage of food sales. I think this is a great idea, especially if you have strong alcohol sales to back it up. I don't know if this works for a restaurant that does 2/3 or more of sales as food. They mentioned that they give kitchen employees 10% of food sales. In a restaurant like mine, where a $12,000 day is $8,000 in food sales, it is harder to justify such a high percentage. But perhaps some percentage may make sense.

    In my opinion, this staffing crisis won't get better without a creative solution. Does anybody have any thoughts on this issue? Has anybody implemented plans to financially incentivize boh staff? Are you guys struggling as much as the restaurants in my city?

    submitted by /u/forgreatnessalways
    [link] [comments]

    Master's degree data collection

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 02:39 AM PDT

    Hello!

    I'm a master's student studying business and I need entrepreneurs for my study! It's a simple 5 minute questionnaire on personality traits and is completely confidential.

    I would be truly grateful for anyone who could find the time to answer as it would help massively!

    Thank you.

    Link:

    https://plymouthbusiness.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5yzJof0e1P5dlQh

    submitted by /u/Hipzi
    [link] [comments]

    Free business website - I will design and setup awesome professional looking website from scratch and make it search engine optimised. PM for details

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 02:29 AM PDT

    Is it frowned upon to require payment immediately before delivering goods?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 09:36 AM PDT

    People love to pay late and it seems like it is the norm to give businesses this type of leniency. I hate having to send reminder bills out and really want to just switch to a pay first then get your stuff mentality. I can't think of any other way to combat this other than requiring payment upfront.

    submitted by /u/ruwheele
    [link] [comments]

    Should I launch with Franchising in the beginning?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 10:18 PM PDT

    I am currently working on fast casual (chiptole) type of startup. Right now I am working on the menu and tweaking it. It is cultural food similar to Mexican food. There is this little annoying voice in my head that goes off every time I plan a dish. "Don't you want to franchise in the future? It has to be simple prep that can be replicated at large scale." Basically, I have a big stupid dream of having a franchise like Chipotle one day(probably not, but hey I can dream right?).

    Should I worry about this now? Say, I do get to the point of franchising, does the process of food prep change then? or do they stick to your original way of doing it?

    submitted by /u/Throwawaycucky1992
    [link] [comments]

    How to push the post to the top 1, take part in the SEO training course

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 01:52 AM PDT

    If you want to hide your product carefully, please check page 2 google. Indeed this is the current truth, to sell products, businesses must bring their products to the top google. Therefore, an urgent technical need for SEO becomes important. Real estate Đào tạo SEO centers are built based on those needs of students.

    Content of Dao tao SEO course

    Session 1: Build a Blog to sell professional BDS

    Session 2: Administration, part BDS system rights, integrated customer tracking system

    Session 3: Onpage SEO, SEO standard content to push the project to the top 1

    Session 4: Building a beautiful satellite site for google sites platform

    Session 5: Guide SEO top in 15p from WordPress Blog

    Session 6: Instructions for using source of quality traffic push top strong

    Session 7: Instructions for configuring SEO support tools for Wordpress Web

    Session 8: Strategically go backlink effectively, use the tool to shoot links on TOP automatically

    Session 9: Google Analytics + Webmaster

    Session 10: Google Adwords basic + MCC account settings

    Session 11: Optimize 60% discount for Adwords + remarketing Adwords

    Session 12: Managing Ads by Business account, FB security

    Session 13: Search for customers through FB, remarketing FB Setting

    What is the difference between real estate đào tạo SEO center?

    • Go to the top 1 right at the practice session with real estate projects that are about to open
    • Earn a lot of potential customers and be able to match
    • Combine Google Ads with techniques to increase website traffic to help top up fast
    • Little class, taught by the teacher "hand in hand"

    Address: 36 A4 Street, Ward 12, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City

    Hotline: 0932613684

    submitted by /u/nevermore_pos
    [link] [comments]

    Vakilsearch's intent to enter into a strategic partnership.

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 01:34 AM PDT

    Introduction & Background

    Vakilsearch is a technology powered platform for all legal, compliance and accounting needs.

    We are India's largest platform, with a dominant market share of 9% in setting up new businesses and 3% in trademark applications. More than 3 lakh clients rely on us for their compliance management, accounting and legal needs.

    What makes us better? Three words: Simple. Affordable. Reliable.

    ● Simple dashboards powered by cutting-edge technology provide real-time status updates.

    ● High levels of automation allows us to keep our prices low - up to 75% more affordable than other professionals.

    ● 300+ member team with experts across domains - including Lawyers, Chartered Accountants and Company Secretaries makes us a one-stop solution.

    In addition to our private clients, we have earned the trust of governmental organizations, including SEBI and the Andhra Pradesh RERA body, whom we assisted with large-scale legal needs.

    We look forward to making "Legal is now Simple" a reality for you too!

    📷

    Snapshot of our 300+ Solutions

    Business Solutions

    ● Business Incorporation

    ● Compliance Management [RoC, Labour]

    ● Licenses and Registrations

    ● Accounting and Taxation

    ● Trademark, Patent & Copyright

    ● Contract Drafting & Legal Advisory

    ● Fundraising & Loans

    ● Money Recovery

    Not-For-Profit Solutions

    ● Section 8 Company Incorporation

    ● Trust Deed Registration

    ● Society Registration

    ● IT Filings and Advisory

    ● Annual Filings for Section 8 Companies

    ● Guidance on Trust/Society Management or Changes

    ● Section 80G and 12A Registration

    ● FCRA Registration

    Personal, Property and Litigation Solutions

    ● Income Tax Advisory and Filings

    ● Property Verification, Drafting and Registration

    ● Property Litigation

    ● Legal Notice and Litigation Support

    ● Consumer Protection

    submitted by /u/Pravienraj
    [link] [comments]

    Should I register my lawn care business?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 07:23 AM PDT

    I am currently cutting 4 lawns and have hopes of growing the business. I am curious if it is to early or if I would potentially lose money creating an LLC? The reason I want to register is to get liability insurance and start building business credit to buy larger equipment. I also think it will make me appear more professional to potential clients. I'm not sure when the right time is or what would happen if I am currently only making ~$600 a month (in the mowing months). Any advice is helpful.

    submitted by /u/schmitty_13_
    [link] [comments]

    What to charge for pop ups

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 12:51 AM PDT

    I'm thinking of having a guest bartender do a regular gig. They have experience with fancier cocktails and would bring in additional products to enhance my basic stock. We're thinking of doing a tiered percentage structure. Say at $500, $1000, $1200... probably not much above that because we don't have a large enough place to have a lot of volume.

    I have no idea where to start with a percentage. I was kind of thinking 50% split or maybe doing inventory and subtracting the cost of my product and then doing a %.

    Am I being too generous? I'm partially asking this out loud to see how it looks on paper.

    Edit: also, would I have them fill out a W9? How do I handle taxes?

    submitted by /u/bossmaam
    [link] [comments]

    Bookkeeping Clients

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 12:44 AM PDT

    Anyone have any tried and true methods of picking up new client? I've picked up a client a month but would really like to grow fast and am willing to spend some money on advertising (wanting to do it in house though).

    Anyone have any suggestions or comments?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/woodlandsreservellc
    [link] [comments]

    Ways to minimize 'indirect costs'?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 12:42 AM PDT

    So currently, I am calculating the price per unit for a service business. However, I am finding that certain expenses such as a shared cupboard, building or employee time shared between 'departments' create a large indirect cost. My solution is to just divide them equally between each service departments however this does not lead to an accurate price per unit that is required. Any ideas on other methods or solutions to mitigate this?

    submitted by /u/B773ER
    [link] [comments]

    Have you ever had to downsize your company, laying off people, not only for your business but for your personal finances?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 05:27 AM PDT

    My boyfriend and I own a pet care business, we've been in business a little over a year and it was doing VERY well we were growing an average of 2 clients and/or walks a month. The business was booming however, it began to become too much and we started to hire walkers. We hired a few walkers around 7 and now we are down to two. They do not perform or meet company standards. We've spent the last 4 months trying to coach them and guide them but they haven't gotten any better. While this is all happening the company hasn't grown much since we left the walking game. So, we have been struggling a bit with money. We can make our bills and buy groceries but with nothing left over to save except maybe $20 even buying food for our pets is a bit of a stretch. My boyfriend feels bad because it seems the only option we have is to let them go and take over the walks ourselves again. We would be fine taking them over however, he just feels bad letting them go.

    I wanted to know has anyone else had to experience this and how did they feel about it?

    I personally feel like we gave it our all and if it was any other company they would have been fired by now since we gave them so many chances to improve and they simply have not.

    Thank you in advance.

    Edit: grammar and this

    They are contractors. We don't have a non-compete clause since we believe if you are going to exit with a client you can have that client. We provide EXCELLENT service quality and have ALWAYS been complimented and recommended to pet parents because of our personalized notes, stellar pictures, and professionalism. Since hiring contractors we have lost a total of 5 clients. We have gotten some walks to "replace" them. We have also had clients request that we take over walks since our walkers cannot make it on time or communicate efficiently. We recently moved 10 miles away from our work location, we thought we'd be working from home.. lol. We have to get scooters, e-bikes something to be able to travel into the city, D.C. since we don't have a car. But thank you so far for what you've said. I think us dropping them Monday will work I mean I can make it to work regardless of our transportation cause, unlike my walkers I have a good work ethic.

    Edit: Thank you all for your responses it's full of advice that we will take into action! We aren't going to dilly dally and are just going to get rid of the walker and start back up with us walking on Monday. Thank you all for the advice and kind words! We had some good ideas but we were missing a lot and I'm excited to learn more and more from this experience and incorporate some new hiring techniques.

    submitted by /u/anxietyhippie
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know a subreddit or a forum for brick and mortar retail owners?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 03:39 PM PDT

    Some place where people discuss everything from products worth stocking, employees, security issues, rent, etc.

    submitted by /u/milhouseisa_meme
    [link] [comments]

    how to get out of a lease

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 06:24 PM PDT

    I signed a five year lease in TEXAS but business has drastically changed due to market conditions and tariffs

    I have about 42 months left on my lease. My rent is approx 3500 once everything is added up. I am on the hook for 147,000. I haven't spoken to my landlord about this. Declaring bankruptcy seems like a real and pretty decent option that personally doesn't bother me. My company is an LLC but I am also personal guarantor of the lease.

    Any recommendations for my situation?

    I could grind my ass off to continue to pay for this lease but it seems like the smart thing to do would be to declare bankruptcy because my business has been slowly declining for over nine months. Thanks for listening to me vent/complain

    submitted by /u/Benjamincito
    [link] [comments]

    Bulk chemicals

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 06:15 PM PDT

    Does anyone know of a good place to get some bulk chemicals? Most online searches just lead back to amazon. Is there a certain type of store that sells bulk that I can search for? Needing bleach on an industrial scale. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/fisher571
    [link] [comments]

    Firing a brand new employee on probation

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 10:00 AM PDT

    Hi Everyone,

    I don't have to do a lot of firing due to all my employees being with me for 10+ years. My company is located in California and I recently hired someone though who is on a 90 probation. He calls out sick a lot and I am pretty sure he does hard drugs because it takes him a few days to detox/come down each week and he's great on Fridays!

    He went home "sick" again after being here for 30 minutes. (He's been out as many days as he's worked and he already had requested tomorrow off) I decided to write his last paycheck and have him come and get.

    I was going to tell him, "I decided to terminate your employment and I have your final paycheck ready for pick up, or I can overnight it to you."

    Is this okay to just be to the point. Or too harsh?

    Update: Thanks everyone for the great feedback. Since my husband will be here Monday, we are just going to wait until he comes in Monday and he will hand him his check in person and say, "it didn't work out, best wishes" or maybe the "We're going to be parting ways" that was mentioned below! No reason why, just goodbye. Although, I have a feeling he will call in on Monday!

    submitted by /u/sillymerricat
    [link] [comments]

    Need suggestion for company making custom window and wall decals.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 10:18 PM PDT

    I usually try to keep things local but unfortunately I can't find anything around me that works. Would love to hear from the group about online companies you have used.

    submitted by /u/Ovaljoker
    [link] [comments]

    Asking competitor for bid amount?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 09:50 PM PDT

    I was asked for a bid on a project and I felt one of my competitors was better suited for the job so I got them connected but the client still wanted a bid from me so I gave them one anyway. Hadn't heard back and ran into the competitor to ask how he job went and they said they hadn't totally been the winning bid but they were pretty sure they were getting the job because it was between them and someone else. I could only assume the someone else was me but they seemed pretty confident they were doing the job.

    If they get it, I want to ask them what their bid amount was. I wouldn't normally ask but I was literally the person who referred them to the client as well as provide the direct contact info. Is this rude?

    submitted by /u/bossmaam
    [link] [comments]

    Waiter evaluation for clients ( restaurants )

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 08:53 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    Currently i'm helping my family on creating an feedback system for the restaurant.

    I was wondering, i want to implement a constant feedback form for clients on how they were served by X waiter, just 3 fast questions.

    However, i wanted to know what´s the best way to do it because we´ve proven that putting someone constantly asking clients doesn´t work. Why? because the guy ends up friends with the waiters and just modifies the evaluation.

    I was thinking the best way is to implement a technological solution to this, via mail or i don´t know.

    I would appreciate some tips because i have some ideas but i cant close the whole thing properly.

    Have ny of you had any experience in implementing a succesfull feedback evaluation ? i don´t know the specific name for this test in english !! my bad.

    submitted by /u/toothlessnigga
    [link] [comments]

    Is this client lying?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 08:49 PM PDT

    So I had a weird incident yesterday... we have a recurring fee model and I noticed a client wasn't being charged for the past three months. When I reached out to the client (via email) he called me the next day and said that he called our main line and talked to a guy a few months back saying that they weren't getting charged. He said because he talked to someone on our team and they said "no, you're good you're being charged" that he shouldn't have to be charged the money he owes from the previous month. The thing is, our company is really small. 10 people. The main line goes straight to my business partner and my business partner said he's never talked to that guy in his life.... so it legitimately sounds like the customer is lying. However, the customer is making his case that he shouldn't have to pay because he "did his part and tried to tell us".

    What should I do?! I obviously don't want to lose this customer by making him back pay but I believe he lied to me. I'm really torn because I do feel like we should've caught this sooner but at the same time we've done our work on his project and he said all great things about the work we've actually completed.

    SOMEONE HELP PLZ I CANT FIGURE THIS OUT LOL

    submitted by /u/isanyonereadingdis
    [link] [comments]

    Today, a woman asked for PR support (to get on Today and GMA). She’s hosting an event she says has celebs in South America in 6 wks. She has no website, social, or EventBrite page. 30 RSVPs. She wants to show me letters to the celebs as supporting docs. What would you tell her? I said no dice!

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 08:23 PM PDT

    My dad has offered to partner with me to revive an old business in an industry he pioneered. The market place is much more crowded so we're changing our stance a bit. I need opinions if the pivot is big enough to make us stand out.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 03:55 PM PDT

    In 1993 my father was first to market with rentals of very specialized health and safety test equipment. He did very well until other people came into the market and blew him out of the water by buying equipment he couldn't afford.

    What he decided to do was switch stances and service the same equipment he was renting rather than compete in the rental market.

    Now, with a lot more capitol behind us, we're going to rent out a subset of that equipment. Rather than renting out equipment geared towards everything a health and safety professional would use, we're going to be focusing on noise only.

    The idea behind this is our pockets are deep enough to compete in this subset of a subset.

    The way we've decided to stand out is to also sell the items that are necessary once the noise tests are complete (specialized earplugs, different types of ear muffs, things of that nature.)

    My issue is, as an online national company, is it really a big advantage that the customer doesn't have to type in a different web address to buy their earplugs? Is there some kind of trust factor when it comes to health and safety that I'm not getting?

    Most of my dads business ideas have worked, but I don't think he completely understands the internet. I just don't see how getting your health and safety remedy from the same website you got your test equipment is a huge advantage.

    submitted by /u/zeusophobia1
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance for mobile mechanics.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 01:15 PM PDT

    Hi reddit, any mobile mechanics out there can tell me what insurances I should get to be covered in case anything happens? Example: let's say I've replaced brakes and something didn't turn out right and customer takes car and brakes don't activate and gets into an accident. How can I be covered? Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/pnutty6725
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment