• Breaking News

    Sunday, September 5, 2021

    My Auto Insurance cancel date was the 4th and start date the 5th. Does this count as a lapse in insurance or am I good? Insurance

    My Auto Insurance cancel date was the 4th and start date the 5th. Does this count as a lapse in insurance or am I good? Insurance


    My Auto Insurance cancel date was the 4th and start date the 5th. Does this count as a lapse in insurance or am I good?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 08:01 PM PDT

    Just bought a new car, my agent hasn’t gotten back to me yet (IL)

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 08:34 PM PDT

    Hello,

    So I recently got a new car (4 days ago) and I've been trying to reach my agent but no response yet.

    I still have the policy from my last car, would it work on my new one just until my agent gets back to me?

    I live in Illinois and I know there is a 30 day grace period to ensure a vehicle.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/gallahad1998
    [link] [comments]

    Can I keep my vehicle after it has been totaled?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 10:01 PM PDT

    I live in Washington state,

    My Toyota was badly damaged beyond repair and it's going to 100% exceed the value of it so I'm preparing for it to be totaled the car has 261k miles so I'm not expecting the payout to be large which is why I was wondering if I could keep the vehicle and get the payout.

    I'd probably strip the car of any of the good parts, engine, trans, the rest of the airbags that have not deployed it was only one side airbag that did, And then sell the good parts them and get the same vehicle most likely.

    My insurance provider is state farm. If I do get a payout and can't keep the vehicle I will not be able to afford the same vehicle which I need as it was my daily.

    submitted by /u/Low_Web1947
    [link] [comments]

    Motorcycle shop flooded with my bike inside

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 03:05 PM PDT

    Hey there Reddit,

    I'm a 1st party fire & casualty adjuster, but I've got no experience whatsoever on the auto side. I've had a pretty colossal bummer this week and I would love some input.

    My carrier and I had just settled for some damage to my motorcycle from a collapsed kickstand. I had left it at a reputable shop down by the river in Philly for repairs. The shop has since flooded with my bike inside. I don't know all the details yet, but early photos make it look like my beloved bike was completely submerged in river water.

    My question is how to proceed. I'm assuming the shop has bailee coverage I'd be able to file a claim with, but I could also just go back to my carrier, get it covered, and let the subrogation department work it out.

    I'm unsure who is likely to give me a fairer settlement and a faster evaluation. Will the shop's carrier be able to include hard-mounted accessories in their estimation? Does consideration to depreciation work differently depending on which way I tackle it?

    Since my other claim was already paid by my carrier, I did give notice of the situation to the adjusters for that claim. I want to avoid any situation of possible double indemnity.

    Ironically, I have a P&C customer with a similar issue that I'm taking care of right now. I told them they made the right call by filing first party for their situation, but I still have no idea if the same would be true here. Any advice you all can give would be very welcome.

    submitted by /u/aryeh56
    [link] [comments]

    Cincinnati Insurance Company - Drug Test?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 10:51 PM PDT

    Hi everyone! I was looking to apply for a job at Cincinnati Insurance Company, but was wondering if any past or current employees could tell me if they drug test - thank you!

    submitted by /u/not-surprised-bb
    [link] [comments]

    Car stolen from scene of accident (NYC)

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 07:05 PM PDT

    Just to satisfy your curiosity on how a car can get stolen after an accident: My insurance company uses a third party vendor for roadside assistance. Roadside assistance said they dispatched a tow truck on 3 different occasions after my accident. Apparently different part of the Belt Parkway was contracted to a specific towing company making it 'illegal' for any other tow company to enter the Belt Parkway to remove my truck. This towing company also has a policy that the owner of the car must be with the vehicle at the time of the tow. Unfortunately, this information was not relayed to me until more than 24 hours had passed and my Jeep had already been stolen at that time.

    The insurance company AND the third party both admitted the fault of not providing proper information resulting in my truck getting stolen (new jeep Altitude black on black)

    Would it be worth my while to get an attorney or will I only get paid out the cost of my car and the contents of my car?

    I am fo compensating me entirely for both my car and will pursue the third party for the contents of my car. **

    submitted by /u/deepwell42
    [link] [comments]

    Car wreck: Prosthetic leg is damaged … who covers it?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 07:16 AM PDT

    Question for all you licensed insurance agents and professional armatures…..

    Let's say I'm in a car wreck and my $80k prosthetic legs are destroyed. What insurance is going to cover this ? Obviously if it was someone else's fault I'd go after their insurance, Let's assume I'm to fault or it was an unavoidable non-act of god accident and no one to fault.

    Auto? The dollar value alone exceeds the value of most car.

    Valuable personal property: most policies cover only theft

    Home owners? Umbrella?

    submitted by /u/ebc00c
    [link] [comments]

    Driving wife car. Not on the insurance. Rear ended another car TX

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 06:31 PM PDT

    I was driving my wife car today and rear ended someone. They had no damage to their car and left because they didn't see a need to get their insurance or police involved. Our car does have damage. My wife wants it to be fixed buy the insurance but I am not sure if I should just pay out of pocket since I am not on her policy. Should she report to her insurance?

    submitted by /u/totallykrunk
    [link] [comments]

    My car's totaled - how long should I expect other party's insurance to cover rental?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 06:00 PM PDT

    Location is California. Was recently involved in a collision and got a bit banged up, injury from air bags and such but nothing broken. Vehicle was totaled by my insurance and they paid it off with my lender. Other party is 100% at fault which was backed-up by police report.

    Due to the current supply chain issues I'd prefer to wait before replacing my vehicle. Normally I'd expect to have the rental until my vehicle's repairs are completed but because there are no repairs to complete what would should I expect coverage to look like when making a claim on the other party's insurance?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/meaty_maker
    [link] [comments]

    Car insurance

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 09:18 PM PDT

    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I have a dilemma.

    I am 19

    I have my eyes set on a certain car, but my parents won't agree to let me put it on their insurance and won't let me store it at my house. I have the money to buy the car, repair, and a stable job I can use for insurance, as well as a place to put it. I understand it's not the best option, but it is perfectly legal for me to own and insure my own car, but if I am registering my car, will they be notified by their insurance that I have a car registered if I insure it under a different plan? How would I go about doing this to not step on any toes. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

    Extra info: I'm a driver covered by their insurance to drive my fathers car part of the time. I have also never been involved in an accident for the three years I have been driving. I also live Florida.

    submitted by /u/realhentaipenguin
    [link] [comments]

    Car accident claim

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 08:52 PM PDT

    Hydroplaned my car on the highway today in Missouri, lost control, spun around and hit the concrete divider head on. Ended up going to get checked out because my head was throbbing and I was very nauseous. Concussion and whiplash, but other than that I'm okay, and so thankful no one else was involved.

    I'm trying to file my claim online and please note that this is the first time I've had to file any claim in 15 years. This may be a dumb question, but the online form asked if I was injured. I have medical insurance that should completely cover my medical bills. Should I still proceed with saying I was injured?

    submitted by /u/liadams0148
    [link] [comments]

    Auto claim TX: car was stolen and has been found/impounded a few hours from where I live

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 02:37 PM PDT

    Received notice in the mail that car was impounded and accruing fees last Tuesday. Immediately email PDF of notice and call adjuster. Crickets. Call insurance company multiple times this week to get next steps. They repeatedly transfer call to adjusters vm. Call and attempt to get help from another adjuster and am told that no one is available to assist. I remind them that car is accruing impound fees and am told that someone will reach out to me after the Labor Day holiday.

    Today received reminder notice from insurance company that they will only cover three days of impound fees. WTF? I don't even know if the vehicle is driveable and it is hours away. I work full-time so how am I supposed to get to my car at a rural impound lot that closes at 4pm and handle this.

    Am I on the hook for the impound fees that have accrued while the entire claims department has been on vacation for the past week?

    submitted by /u/BumblingBeeeee
    [link] [comments]

    New to industry (Advisor working under local agent) looking for any newbie advice in the field (Pennsylvania)

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 08:03 PM PDT

    I'm about a month in to my position as a team member for a local agent to a national brand. My role is mostly customer service based with occasional quoting and policy writing (service rep in an office with designated sales reps). I'm still learning a lot of the nitty gritty from my coworkers and they have told me it would be a few months until I'm fully self sufficient and can handle everything without needing to ask. I'm licensed in P&C and taking my L&H test in the next month or so, we mostly deal with Auto Home and Commercial so I'm starting to experience the bulk of the work and calls I can expect. My coworkers are awesome and helpful but I'm still relying on them a lot for info and would like to wean off that as quickly as possible to best transition into being an asset for them. I feel solid on insurance/coverage concepts and explaining them to customers but I'm still nervous when a new situation arrises and I'm getting quick info from team members that I'm misrepresenting something and need to backtrack on what I've said to the customer. Basically I'm looking for any advice or tips which people in similar roles have to best aid in the office. I really appreciate the help my coworkers have given me and want to be at a point where I can take work off them instead of adding on. Advice of any kind welcome, industry specific or just office culture as it is my first professional gig. Already planning to bring in donuts next week as a thank you.

    submitted by /u/carlislecowboys
    [link] [comments]

    2 car insurance with child

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 07:45 PM PDT

    I own 2 cars in Illinois and have a teen who is now licensed. He is insured on the second car, but I was wondering if I have to insure him on the 1st car if he doesn't drive it often. If he drives it only every once in a while, does he need to be insured, or will my insurance transfer over to him in case of an accident?

    submitted by /u/djdkshf
    [link] [comments]

    Expensive screw

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 03:39 PM PDT

    Tried to fry myself and burn the house down by accidently screwing a screw through the main electrical line coming from my meter.

    After getting the hefty bill ($1050.00 U.S.) I was wondering if it can be claimed against home owners insurance or would it even be worth it?

    Edit: I live in Central Oregon.

    submitted by /u/WhiteGriffon
    [link] [comments]

    Im sorry but is this normal?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 07:13 PM PDT

    I recently financed a car and im switching my old insurance to the new one and when i looked at my monthly payment, its at 700 per month? are they trying to rob me or am i crazy?

    submitted by /u/xdelkore
    [link] [comments]

    Staying with relatives can homeowners insurance pay them?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 02:59 PM PDT

    My house was crashed into and I'm living with my cousin. Can my homeowners pay him while I stay? I'd rather stay here than at a hotel. Would like to pay him rent and utilities while my house is fixed. How do I go about this? Make an invoice? What does it need?

    submitted by /u/sambar101
    [link] [comments]

    How to negotiate "Pain and Suffering"?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 05:53 PM PDT

    Location is California. Was recently involved in a collision and got a bit banged up, injury from air bags and such but nothing broken. Went to the hospital to get checked out and ended up staying a bit. Other party is 100% at fault and the police report backs that up.

    I've spoken with a personal injury attorney (friend of a friend) who doesn't feel legal representation is needed at this time. I know for sure that any settlement offer needs to cover medical bills at minimum but beyond that how do I negotiate? Is it standard to counter-offer with a specific number? If so how do I determine a fair settlement amount? Or do I tell the other party's adjuster that their offer is below the amount we feel is sufficient and let them come back with a number? I got the impression that because 'pain and suffering' isn't covered with my insurance then my insurance provider will not negotiate this aspect of the collision on my behalf. Is there a different way to go about negotiation?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/meaty_maker
    [link] [comments]

    Will my 27 YO child impact my insurance?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 05:24 PM PDT

    This is in Pennsylvania. My 27 YO daughter and her daughter live in my house. She doesn't have a license, she never has. She drives various cars provided by her grandfather (not my father) or other friends of hers. She is not listed on my auto insurance, she has never driven one of my cars. I have multiple cars on my policy, two that are routine cars and others that are collectors/weekend cars. If she is involved in an accident, can it have an impact on my homeowners or auto insurance?

    submitted by /u/hocrest
    [link] [comments]

    FL: Vehicle being held as evidence

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 05:06 PM PDT

    Asking for a friend out of curiosity what to expect before we can get ahold of the attorneys Tuesday.

    Buddy was carjacked in a parking lot. They got his car. Car was recovered un damaged but the police are holding it as evidence and won't give a timeframe as to when it will be released.

    I say no but can he or rather should he file with his auto insurance company. He has a total wrap with rental.

    I assume he can get at least a rental covered for a month.

    He is under the impression they will total it out and buy him a new vehicle.

    What can he expect?

    submitted by /u/jmoney6
    [link] [comments]

    Pregnancy and open enrollment (tx/nm)

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 04:15 PM PDT

    I live in Tx, work in New Mexico. We found out I was pregnant a month ago and open enrollment starts in October at my employer. I am already covered by my husband's tx insurance, but we were considering adding me to my employers insurance as a secondary to help cover costs of pre and post natal care next year. (They have a plan that works in tx too).

    Question is, will the secondary insurance even cover me for this pregnancy? Is my pregnancy considered a pre existing condition that they can refuse coverage on? TIA

    submitted by /u/jingle_hore
    [link] [comments]

    Claim vs no claim

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 04:09 PM PDT

    My and my fiancé are having a debate. See windshield got cracked it's $800 to fix it. We have a $500 deductible. I say just pay the $800 don't file. She says she wants us to pay the $500 and file the claim for $300 remaining.

    Advice, opinions?!? OHIO, USA

    submitted by /u/mikec215
    [link] [comments]

    UK, can I use a 2nd set of no claims discount on my 2nd car or not?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 03:58 PM PDT

    Hi, I've got my insurance renewal coming up for my 2nd car which I insured with 0 NCD last year. The renewal has 1 year NCD on it. Is it ok to keep the 1 year NCD I've earned on this car on the renewal or do I need to set it back to 0 if I'm using my main set of NCD on my original car?

    submitted by /u/midgetbuzz
    [link] [comments]

    Worried that i unknowingly withheld info on car insurance, please help?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 03:25 PM PDT

    I'm 25 years old (F) living in Florida. Today I called my insurance company to look into renewing, the lady on the phone asked if im renting or own property, i told her i currently live with my mom but pay her rent. I didn't think anything of this. She pointed out that my mom isn't currently listed on my policy, and said in the state of Florida every member of the house needs to be listed. I told the agent that no one told me that when i first got my policy, and she said they should have. After doing more research, i learn that "withholding" info is actually insurance fraud and i am freaking out since i'm very responsible and never been in serious trouble. I just legit didn't know. What should i expect? Should i call and offer to pay the difference?

    EDIT- the policy is ending and i may be going with another company so if they can't adjust my rates going forward, will they make it a bigger deal?

    Tl;dr worried i may have committed auto insurance fraud unknowingly by not originally mentioning i live with my mother, what should i do?

    submitted by /u/CapableSignal3422
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to figure out if insurance would cover water coming up through old waste lines in basement foundation.

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 02:23 PM PDT

    Recently bought a house in NJ. Like a lot of other people, I ended up with water in the basement from Hurricane Ida. I have French drains and a sump pump in place. I was away for the week, but a friend stopped by to check on things and took some pics of water coming up through the floor in certain spots. The spots were old 3" ABS waste pipes that were cut flush with the concrete floor and filled with concrete.

    I've since learned from my neighbor that the old homeowners original main waste line busted; so they basically cut and filled the old pipes with concrete and ran a new main waste line out through the foundation wall to the street.

    When I was finally able to get back home, the basement had a couple of inches of water throughout. For some reason, the sump pump never even triggered. The power was on when I got home.

    It's my understanding that insurance won't cover storm water without specific flood insurance. Trying to find out if that would be the case here.

    Thanks for any assistance.

    submitted by /u/JonesyJohnson
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment