• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 4, 2019

    Favourite rebuttals? Sales and Selling

    Favourite rebuttals? Sales and Selling


    Favourite rebuttals?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 11:37 AM PDT

    What are your guys favourite rebuttals to the most common objections you get?

    submitted by /u/Patrickb98
    [link] [comments]

    What motivates a sales person?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 04:00 AM PDT

    If you were given free hand, how would you build a high performing sales organisation?

    submitted by /u/9PMto5AM
    [link] [comments]

    What is your go to response to “I’m not interested”?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 11:44 AM PDT

    MSP and cold calling advice needed.

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 09:16 AM PDT

    So I'm selling managed IT services and I'm having trouble with these blitzes our company has us doing. I'm brand new here, and since our company acquired the previous copier company there aren't a lot of managed contracts here. I'm the first rep for our region (after my boss), and failing miserably at these cold call blitzes (30 calls last time and 0 appts).

    It's my first b2b sales gig and I don't expect to do great off the bar, but how would I go about setting an appointment from a completely cold call? Some of the people I'm calling on have had contact with our copier reps, but not most. What would your approach be? This is for smb. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Beachdaddybravo
    [link] [comments]

    Reps in the home furnishings industry?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 04:22 AM PDT

    Hello, I'm curious to see if there are any reps in my industry. I figured it could be a fun and useful thread!

    submitted by /u/LoveTruth1
    [link] [comments]

    Team Commission Structure

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 07:57 AM PDT

    I was looking at a potential job in sales for a smaller company with a sales team of about 10 or so. The person I initially did a phone interview with said their are no individual commissions and everyone is expected to contribute towards the overall team goal. If the team hits that goal, then everyone gets bonused based on how far they go over.

    Has anyone worked in a job that had this type of structure? If so, did it work? The job looks cool but I just can't get over how this compensation structure would operate.

    submitted by /u/ballmermurland
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you for the advice and direction.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2019 01:46 PM PDT

    I have made posts and lurked in here for awhile, getting basically all of my sales help here. Thank you guys again. I am selling cars and making a shit ton of money. At 21 years old I am the top salesmen here, just got my check today and it was 14k and some change. Really can't say it enough and the least I could do is make a post to thank y'all. Good luck boys.

    submitted by /u/iH8MyGf
    [link] [comments]

    Certifications?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 08:33 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I'm curious if there are certifications that you'd recommend for a HR SaaS Biz Dev Rep?

    Ty!

    submitted by /u/FanaticAdviser
    [link] [comments]

    Best Tech Companies for Salespeople

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 12:10 PM PDT

    Very broad question I know..

    What tech companies are renowned for having a great product and compensating their reps well?

    submitted by /u/slippy_b
    [link] [comments]

    job prospects in NYC

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 12:07 PM PDT

    what are the prospects like in nyc for entry level sales jobs? i'm 20, i have 2 years of successful sales experience and some university as well, but no degree. just wondering how hard it is to find a job over there, and what i could expect to make in my first year if i work my ass off. thanks

    submitted by /u/salesq9
    [link] [comments]

    Critique my resume, V 2.0

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 07:10 AM PDT

    Took note of all the comments, and condensed it into one page.

    Please critique my one-page resume

    Original post: See it here

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/parad0x88
    [link] [comments]

    I need help to practice for an in-person interview at a SaaS company in several days.

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 10:40 AM PDT

    Hi, I have an in-person interview at a SaaS company in several days and I need to practice. I will be interviewing with an AE, BDR manager, and AE manager for 30 mins each. I would really appreciate any help on what to expect in my interviews with them and what to prepare for.

    Most importantly, does anyone know any good interview coaches I can hire to practice or any tips and techniques I can use to practice? This is the most urgent thing I need to do to prepare.

    I have attached a google doc with potential interview questions with my answers. Please feel free to give me more questions to answer. Right now I am focusing on remembering the answer in a conversational way. Maybe memorize bullet points to go off of?

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hvJhiU3CIOOdUqAVjmXoevVQDvpz8J-q0BqGsoXwoQI/edit?usp=sharing Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/SalesResumeHelp
    [link] [comments]

    Where should you start your sales career?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 07:52 AM PDT

    If someone wanted to get a good hands-on education in sales, where should they start? What's the ideal entry-level environment?

    submitted by /u/rojogo
    [link] [comments]

    Go get the money. All the money. All in.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2019 10:26 PM PDT

    I am a 48 year old guy with an eclectic background, but all the corners of my background point the compass to various forms of persuasion. I have worked as an ad copywriter in a major ad agency, I have worked in retail as a salesman and eventually, a sales manager, I've worked as a successful television commercial and voice over actor, and I have worked in psychology and healthcare. Currently I am making a "living" as a professional portrait photographer. I do some occasional corporate shoots, but my main bread and butter is shooting headshots for actors. I barely make rent. Actors are mostly broke.

    I am looking for a career change. I don't have a degree in business, or in marketing, but I have a passion for sales. I devour sales books. I study persuasion and psychology as mental candy. People fascinate me. Desire fascinates me. Helping people get what they want in return for fun tickets (that's what I call cash) fascinates me.

    I want to work in a lucrative niche, with good potential for commissions, and somewhere I can use my rather eccentric and chameleon personality, in step with my acting skills. I work best with a shorter sale process. I can't imagine the time and effort that would go into selling a home, for instance, though I have considered real estate. Luxury brands appeal to me. I want to sell big ticket items to people who want them and can afford them. I grew up in Beverly Hills and once had quite a bit of money. Those days are over, and I know I will never live in that Rolex lap of luxury again, but I would like to earn enough to at least take care of myself, my girlfriend, and ideally, my future. Also, having had that 90210 grooming, I understand the mindset of a rich person. I know how the upper floor GMT yacht master ticks.

    I've been in a depressive down spiral for the last few years. I have worked really hard to build a business as a photographer, but I keep slipping on the thin ice of not being able to hustle hard enough to really pull ahead. Once a passionate hobby, I have been able to leverage photography into an income generator that at least pays rent. Yes, it's my "day job" but I am dying on the vine. I left my actual day job as a retail clerk in a Beverly Hills boutique in 2015 to pursue photography. I hated that job but I made three times then what I make now. I'm proud of myself for forging out on my own, but many days I wish I had never made that leap. I love the free time. I have no free time.

    Currently, I feel like I want a total "slate clean" life change. My mother died in 2000, and her last words to me were, "I've been poor and I've been wealthy and whoever said that money doesn't buy happiness, has never been rich. Money does not buy joy, but it does buy freedom. Freedom IS happiness. Go get the money. All the money. All in." Those were her last words. My father, once a millionaire, died broke. He and my mother could MAKE money, but they could NOT keep money. I am in a similar boat. I always seem to have "barely" enough. No more no less.

    My heritage haunts me. I want to do better. And, time after time, I am CALLED to do sales. The question is, what kind of sales? Do I sell cars? Houses? Insurance? Suits? Drugs? Or do I somehow ramp up my photography and hustle and prospect even harder than I already am? But if I can't run a photography business, why do I think I could sell a house? Or a BMW? I have the answer. Because I didn't build the house. Or the car. I didn't sew the suit. I am GREAT at selling THINGS, not great at selling ME. And I know, that is kind of a problem in ANY sales. But I digress. I just want to sell something I didn't create.

    I am sick of being broke, and willing to turn my back on my dream of being a successful photographer. The hustle has destroyed the joy of the art, My new dream is to succeed and make as much money as possible, by using the skills I have with people, and I need some advice. I don't have a lot of savings (none) but I might be able to borrow enough or scrape enough up to go to school to become a realtor. Or I could just walk into a car dealership and say, "I want to make a lot of money and I'm willing to do whatever it takes". I just saw an ad for a big Beverly Hills luxury car dealership. NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY. I grew up 10 blocks away and once bought a car there when I was a successful actor. I could also walk in there and say, "Hey, I shoot headshots". Or I could just get an office job and relax. But I like selling!

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/donavanfreberg
    [link] [comments]

    How build trust Cold Calling and selling advertising, especially a weird type of advertising?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 05:50 AM PDT

    My job does bagvertising, look it up if you want.

    Basically we supple a vendor like a farmer's market, shoppers drug mart, home hardware with 2500 reusable grocery bags, then sell 15 spots of 4.5" x 4.5" for $900 a pop, there are some alternative sizes so like 4.5" x 13.5" is $2700 for example.

    It's a tough gig honestly and my first non-inbound sales job and first b2b sales job.

    Also have a hard time inspiring imagination or getting people to really consider it. Often times their excuses are advertising budget is spent or they just don't need advertising or that they don't think that that type of advertising fits their business.

    Can this bagvertising service be sold as a solution? I got 2 sales my first week but in my territory almost everything has been called and I still have 3 and a half spots to fill. Advice my homies?

    submitted by /u/WhoWasBlowjob
    [link] [comments]

    Just got hired!

    Posted: 03 Jun 2019 07:23 PM PDT

    Fresh out of college no sales experience and I just got hired as an outside sales trainee in the exterior building products industry. Anyone in this industry? If so what's a day to day like? Any tips or advice? This company is strictly b2b if that helps. Thanks guys!

    submitted by /u/bcorr12
    [link] [comments]

    Next Step? Advice after Large Accounts.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2019 09:53 PM PDT

    I'm in my early 30's and have made my way up through B2B SaaS from an SDR role through an AE role in Large Enterprise accounts (5,000+ employees).

    I'm trying to think about the next step in my career. I don't want to be an individual contributor forever and constantly think about running/overseeing things from a higher level.

    I appreciate any advice/tips you can give on how to approach or think about the next iteration of my career in sales/business.

    submitted by /u/tabasco_fiasco
    [link] [comments]

    Ghosted after genuine interest?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2019 07:41 PM PDT

    I set up a meeting in April at a conference with a C-level exec. He said he had used our product before with another company and loved it. His new company had several locations that need it and he was happy to see there was a way he could get a bulk discount (a program we developed for companies with several locations). He said he would introduce me to the gentleman who would be working with me later at the show. Did not see him again but that was the last day of a busy show. I sent a follow up email the following week and have been alternating with email, phone calls, Linked In messages and even texts, about once per week since and he is not responding. I know he is super busy and I mentioned that in all of my messages and ask for the contact he has mentioned. Any ideas on how to break through?

    submitted by /u/ketocontroller
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on switching from B2B to B2C

    Posted: 03 Jun 2019 09:00 PM PDT

    Yup, you read that right. I started working as an SDR for a startup in Northern California after moving here from out of state. The pay is not nearly as good as I would have hoped (commission structure is honestly too complicated to type out, but the commissions + base cap at $75k) and to make matters worse, they fired all of the AEs right as I got there because they were apparently not needed (SVP of sales basically took their job, again it is a small startup), thus killing any foreseeable chance of career development in the company.

    The role itself also changed right as I started. The role is now 99% email reach with an occasional call if you can find a prospects number. This makes the job completely draining and feel like a waste, particularly because I am such an extrovert and I feel like I am not learning, growing, or being developed here.

    I was considering going to something B2C, specifically home improvement sales. This would scratch my itch of wanting to actually talk to a human being, with the chance to make more money. I know the sales community (not necessarily this sub) often thinks B2B is "above" B2C. Has anyone experienced anything similar to me, or want to try and talk me out of B2C home improvement sales? Am I over-thinking this? Anything helps.

    submitted by /u/pkp_thunder_22
    [link] [comments]

    Advice Needed - B2B Cookie Sales

    Posted: 03 Jun 2019 06:23 PM PDT

    I own an ice cream and cookie store and we've been running for about 8 months. Store sales are good but I want to increase our B2B sales. In my past life I was in advertising sales so my objective in cold calling was a meeting to discuss opportunities. Now my shift is cold calling for the sale of a product but I'm struggling to determine the right pitch. I get caught up in trying to determine my goal so I end up procrastinating until it's too late. any advice?

    submitted by /u/ElwoodBlues_78
    [link] [comments]

    Door Knocking Ice Breakers

    Posted: 03 Jun 2019 09:04 PM PDT

    I am a B2B outside sales rep with a fairly out going personality. Of course I use the scripts I was trained to use, but when knocking on doors I love coming in with a wild card to shake things up. For example on a hot day I might walk into a business and throw my bags across the room, then say "Wooh its hot out there😅" then go into my script. I have met many different reps who have their own unique icebreakers and one-liners and Im curious on what works for you guys/girls out there.

    Lets make a thread of your best Ice Breakers/One-liners

    submitted by /u/the-blue-jellyfish
    [link] [comments]

    Best app for scanning documents?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2019 08:16 PM PDT

    I prefer it to be free but if not, a reasonably priced option. iPad had 32gb so I'll need something that can be stored in the cloud.

    Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/flow-a
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment