• Breaking News

    Monday, March 7, 2022

    CBI Insurance - General Insurance

    CBI Insurance - General Insurance


    CBI Insurance - General

    Posted: 07 Mar 2022 03:10 AM PST

    If I requested continues business interruption cover from an intermediary to an insurance company before a national lockdown(From Covid) was announced, and was denied only after lockdown was announced do I have any grounds for action against parties involved?

    submitted by /u/NazzzzWlkOrcl
    [link] [comments]

    is it bad to cancel auto insurance when you and your car are not physically in the US?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2022 12:39 AM PST

    I recently moved to another country with my car and of course, it would be a given to cancel my auto insurance that I had for many years with one company (no missed/late missed payment, age 25+ with one accident within 10 years but was resolved; my rate wasn't increased). The reason I ask is that I hear if theres a gap in insuring your vehicle; they will give you a higher rate? (if I ever come back to the US to apply for a new insurance policy).

    submitted by /u/Nice_Soup
    [link] [comments]

    other party (not at fault) isn’t cooperating

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 09:49 PM PST

    I live in an apartment complex and the parking spaces can be a little tight. A couple months ago I hit my neighbor's car scratching and denting their driver door while pulling into my spot. We did the whole insurance exchange but now the other person is being extremely difficult and not wanting to accept the insurance route of fixing their vehicle and complaining that they "don't have time for all of that" and that the insurance company is "asking too many questions". They keep bugging me about coming up with a solution not involving insurance. Most of the time when another party isn't cooperating it's usually the party at fault. This person is going out of their way to make fixing their car incredibly difficult and it's annoying.

    submitted by /u/beasaaan
    [link] [comments]

    Homeowners insurance with Knob and tube wiring

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 08:21 PM PST

    Purchased a home back in august of 2021. Got travelers home owners insurance. During the inspection the inspector noted some knob and tube wiring going up to a light socket in the attic. The light was not in use and inspector advised the visible wiring was in decent shape but should be removed. The paper work I filled out and questions the insurance agent asked never asked anything about the wiring. The policy is in effect, a guy came here one day when we weren't home from travelers (did not tell me he was coming) and just looked around outside. The policy was still in a effect and we just got a letter saying he stopped by and everything he saw from the outside was fine. But anyway, recently had an electrician to come over to install a bathroom fan and he noted that there was knob and tube in the upstairs bathroom (right below the attic and light socket with knob and tube). He said it was in surprisingly good shape from what he can see but also advised replacing when we can get around to it. He advised we would probably have to end up cutting open walls etc, so could be a bigger project. He stated he is not sure what other parts of the house has knob and tube, he observed modern wiring in other parts and stated he would have look more throughly prior to giving a quote and would schedule that later on. Best case scenario it's just in parts of the upstairs. Sorry if this information is unnecessary but my question is if there is a fire or whatever caused by this wiring in the meantime before I get it all replaced for modern wiring, would my insurance deny the claim? I can't find anything in my coverage documents saying knob and tube isn't covered and they never inquired about it. Is there somewhere specific I should be looking for or a document I should reference to get my answer? Should I inform my insurance now of the situation?

    Thank you in advance for the guidance.

    submitted by /u/fantasy127
    [link] [comments]

    The other party's insurance is not responding to my calls

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 08:03 PM PST

    Hello!

    I got rear-ended at a red light two months ago. I personally do not have full coverage. I only have liability insurance through Geico, so my only hope to get repairs really is through the other party's insurance.

    This however has proven to be difficult as both a Geico agent and myself have left messages at their office and are not recieving calls back. So as far as I know this claim is in limbo.

    Before the accident I was planning on selling this car to purchase a newer vehicle. So now I dont know if I should keep trying to contact this insurance company or if I should try to sell the car as is (or even if I am allowed to).

    The vehicle is a 2005 H. Element with 166k miles. The plastic on the outside is massively sun damaged and ever since the accident, my car shakes during acceleration and clunks when moving forward at low speeds. Also the bumper is destroyed and the mounting area is fairly twisted and gnarled. If there is frame damage, I am unsure as there hasn't been an inspection arranged by the other insurance yet.

    I'm very uneducated in the sphere of insurance and claims, so any advice or help would be much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/ASadShoggoth
    [link] [comments]

    Auto accident fault question

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 07:30 PM PST

    I was in a total loss accident and according to the police report and my insurance I wasn't at fault. The other insurance is wanting me to take shared responsibility and my insurance isn't accepting that so apparently it's going into arbitration. If it's decided that I had shared fault how will this affect my insurance rates since my insurance thinks I'm not at fault?

    submitted by /u/razegu123
    [link] [comments]

    Selling after a claim

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 06:57 PM PST

    Hey there, I recently filed an insurance claim and had my vehicle repaired. Is there anything specific I have to do to sell my vehicle? A time span between when I can sell it or not? I had it repaired and I just want to go another direction and was wondering if I'm good to sell it now after repairs have been made. I know this is probably a dumb question i'm just new to all of this. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/HiddenEclipse121
    [link] [comments]

    I need advice regarding life insurance for both of my parents.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 06:51 PM PST

    I'm 26, the oldest sibling, I'm the first generation in my family to put an importance on finances/future planning and that's made it pretty hard to try to learn and navigate on my own. My parents are not together. If, God forbid, anything we're to happen with either of them, there would be less than $100 in their accounts at this point. My friends that have had parents that passed all received life insurance policies that gave them huge nest eggs and set them up for the future. Me, knowing that won't be the case for me, was talking to my dad about being proactive about it. The issue is, neither of us know much about it or even where to start. Insurance companies can be scammy and I don't want to get roped into something that is not what I need. I will be the one taking out the policies and paying into them. It's not a taboo topic in my family, we are just all pretty ignorant to the process. Is there any advice for what I should be looking for? Or how to go about it?

    submitted by /u/luannismysponsor
    [link] [comments]

    Single Car accident 3 weeks ago in Ontario, am i screwed?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 05:10 PM PST

    This is a throw away account. A few weeks ago there was freezing rain in the niagara region ( feb 17th) and i got into an accident on my way back home from work; specifically a single vehicle accident ( i lost control and slid into a concrete highway rail). The nerves were pretty high at this point so after assessing my damage and believe it wasn't too bad i drove home. I decided to go with a guy i've used in the past who said he could do it on the down-low and so i didn't report my accident or submit a claim as only damage to my car was done. It's now been about 2ish weeks and he comes back saying he can't get parts and to go through insurance, am i completely fucked if i make a claim at this point?

    Any advice would be great thanks.

    submitted by /u/Carman2150
    [link] [comments]

    Why is my insurance so high?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 04:59 PM PST

    It's about 200$ bucks a month for my car and it's not even full coverage. I'm 20 and I just got my license like in October of 2021. I'm trying to put insurance on my 2014 Ford Mustang. Anybody know why? Also this is my first time getting insurance.

    submitted by /u/Unique-Confection712
    [link] [comments]

    Potential new role

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 03:38 PM PST

    I currently work for an insurance company on one of their finance teams (I studied accounting and have my CPA). I wanted to get into underwriting in order to grow and stay in the insurance industry, and started looking internally at making a switch. I saw a role that was titled Underwriter 1, but that almost fits the description of a credit analyst/risk analyst more:

    In this role, you will work with the Risk Underwriting Team to establish credit limits and facilitate transactions for our clients.

    What you'll do here:

    • Contribute to the buyer review process. You will be assigned a portfolio of buyers to review, assess, and provide credit recommendations.

    • Ensure credit analysis is consistent with [Company's] risk analysis structure, risk management guidelines, and applicable rules.

    • Responsible for providing timely and effective communication with commercial underwriters as well as brokers and clients where required.

    • Partner with various internal subject matter experts to determine if transactions are viable and identifying factors to mitigate risks.

    • Support performance and growth by helping to set underwriting policies, standards, and guidelines leading continuous improvement activities, and delivering product enhancements and new products.

    • Build your professional network in order to strengthen and deepen risk analysis and understanding of the various industries in which we have credit exposure.

    has anyone worked a role like this, what would you say the exit opportunities are, would I gain any experience as an underwriter or would none of these skills carry over?

    am i better off trying to get in at the ground level of a commercial underwriter position (non-specialty line) and then grow from there?

    this would be a lateral move from where i am right now in my career, so i want to make sure i'm making the right move and not giving up the opportunity to continue advancing in accounting/finance instead

    submitted by /u/virkulous
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment