• Breaking News

    Friday, February 11, 2022

    Under oath, Vivint Smart Home executives told of deceptive sales tactics Sales and Selling

    Under oath, Vivint Smart Home executives told of deceptive sales tactics Sales and Selling


    Under oath, Vivint Smart Home executives told of deceptive sales tactics

    Posted: 11 Feb 2022 08:42 AM PST

    FOX 13 Investigates: The deception was so prevalent, sales staff even took advantage of the company itself, according to court records. Yet some reps were still promoted. https://www.fox13now.com/news/fox-13-investigates/fox-13-investigates-under-oath-vivint-smart-home-executives-told-how-sales-staff-deceived-the-company

    submitted by /u/InvestiNate
    [link] [comments]

    Sales interview next week, they want me to “close” the interview and get a yes on the day!

    Posted: 11 Feb 2022 02:49 AM PST

    Title.

    I have an interview and I've just been emailed the information pack which says I should "You should end the interview by closing for a commitment to move to the final stage. If they are reluctant then handle any objections there and then. Treat this like a one call close sales meeting and get the yes on the day".

    How can I best do this?

    I'm based in the UK in case that makes any difference!

    submitted by /u/qwertyuiop9876543321
    [link] [comments]

    Thanks r/sales!!!!

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 07:17 PM PST

    I stumbled across this sub in the midst of a grueling 2 month job search. No college degree, just a couple years experience doing inside phone sales for a real estate company. I had no idea what kind of sales jobs I should even be applying for.

    After browsing this sub, I realized the types of jobs and companies I should be looking for. I made a LinkedIn and utilized their easy apply, and found tons of links for good interview questions.

    After about 150 applications, 20+ interviews, 7 rejections, and 3 offers, I just accepted a fully remote sales job with an awesome company. 65k base, 110k OTE, awesome benefits, stock options, etc.

    Applying for jobs is a horrible process I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Thank you r/sales, for being a friendly and helpful community!

    submitted by /u/Apoc_Dreams
    [link] [comments]

    Currently on "Informal Training" - PIP on the horizon - SaaS sales

    Posted: 11 Feb 2022 08:33 AM PST

    Hi - Long time reader

    Advice appreciated - thanks for taking the time to read

    So been in my AE role for awhile (about a year) - Back in December I was told I needed to do 100k in ACV by end of Jan or I would probably be going on formal training.

    So I missed the mark and did 98k (some big deals finally closed) but I moved up the ranking quite a bit

    I have the the highest activity on my team, more pipe gen then my team so my question is this

    I have been put-on informal training this month (to go to formal PIP training next month if I dont improve based off of a coaching metric of coaching/asking the right questions)

    My issue is this - From a ranking and ACV standpoint people who started at the same time as me have done similar / less ACV then me and yet they (with different managers) have not even remotely had any coaching conversation / PIP talks. I have had 4 managers since I have started (due to maternity) and only my recent one is saying she is concerned with my sales ability (yet has not shadowed a call yet) and is going off me saying "I would like some help to figure out how to grow business from these accounts"

    I have failed at many things in my life but I truly dont believe I am being treated fairly with my peers regarding this continual threat of a PIP.

    Attitude is great, great activity I just am a little concerned why I am being help to a different standard then my peers.

    thoughts appreciated

    submitted by /u/gainzovergirls
    [link] [comments]

    Socially Awkward

    Posted: 11 Feb 2022 09:44 AM PST

    Are there any successful salespeople here who DON'T love forced team building, icebreakers and socializing off the clock? I just want to make a living and really am not interested in getting to know my co-workers

    submitted by /u/dreburden89
    [link] [comments]

    What drives you motivation?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2022 05:36 AM PST

    What is motivating you the most?

    Provisions, possible promotion, showing your colleagues how great you are, bringing benefit to the customer, keeping you job?

    What is it?

    submitted by /u/goodlelo
    [link] [comments]

    Cybersecurity here I come!

    Posted: 11 Feb 2022 11:47 AM PST

    After almost 10 years working in medical equipment repair, it feels great to take this step. I just wanted to say to this entire subreddit; thank you truly and honestly from the bottom of my heart.

    I have been lurking and browsing this place non-stop since I found it. It's the reason I decided to move into sales, it gives great advice in approaching the job hunt, handling interviews, and learning the industry for someone who didn't know much about sales. Seriously, y'all are great.

    Now begins the hardest part yet, waiting for my first day!

    submitted by /u/soldiersilent
    [link] [comments]

    Good book for prospecting except fanatical prospecting

    Posted: 11 Feb 2022 11:28 AM PST

    Appreciate your suggested book for prospecting through cold email.

    submitted by /u/robertniro1980
    [link] [comments]

    No shows are so fking rude

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 09:53 AM PST

    Just ranting bc once again a prospect no-shows on a demo that was set up by an SDR.

    After spending time reviewing their website, the prospect's LinkedIn, the notes left by the SDR and their exchanges with the prospect, getting my sandbox environment set up with their branding, etc. I've just wasted 45 min of my time.

    And the SDR did everything right. Prospect accepted the calendar invite, SDR touched base this morning telling them they're looking forward to the call, the prospect replied.

    Then they just no show. It's so rude. I've never been on the opposite side of joining a sales meeting, but I can't imagine myself ever not showing up without saying anything to the salesperson.

    submitted by /u/mauiaspen
    [link] [comments]

    Career pivot to the recruitment profession

    Posted: 11 Feb 2022 08:42 AM PST

    Hi All:

    Life long sales person here who has worked for a few large corps, currently a Territory Sales Manager in the mechanical equipment industry, late 40's. Looking at potentially pivoting into a career as a professional recruiter. I'm open to taking some training to prepare for the change.

    Recruiters:

    is this good move? Do you enjoy your job? Are there opportunities for someone like me?

    Thanks,

    submitted by /u/DopeCyclist
    [link] [comments]

    Do you need a degree to succeed in sales?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2022 10:32 AM PST

    I've recently browsed posts on here about degree's in sales jobs and most people say you need a degree in order to even get hired, how true is this?

    submitted by /u/WealthyJoker75
    [link] [comments]

    AE role not what I expected, what do I do?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2022 06:35 AM PST

    Hi all, long time reader but this is my first post!

    I took a job selling software for the first time (mid-market account exec) just a few weeks ago and I am starting to question my decision. Previously I did BD for a industrial equipment manufacturer and loved it, the only reason I left was because I saw some very bad signs of downsizing to come and got out just in time. I loved how technical I needed to be selling to engineers and how much work each deal took, it was a fun challenge for me.

    There are a few things that I don't like about this new role but for brevity's sake I'll list them in bullet points:

    - The comp ramp was different than I was told on the phone (should have got it in writing). Went from what I thought to be 100% first quarter to 50% guaranteed.

    - I was told that during recent acquisitions most of the team stayed and this was to prove that the culture was solid. I come to find out that my whole team is brand new and a lot of people left/were fired at the end of last year.

    - In the whole company only 1 rep hit quota last year, most are new but there seems to be pessimism about reps hitting their numbers.

    - The space is not as technically challenging as industrial equipment sales and I miss those conversations with engineers.

    I am sure that there is a chance I am being short-sighted here but I wanted to get the community's feedback and thoughts. I have two questions:

    1- What great companies are out there that would allow me to sell a technical product in a growing space? (I live in Austin TX)

    2- Should I start working on leaving now? Or would it be better for me to be patient, knowing there's a chance that I won't want to stay long term?

    Thank you all for the time, I am looking forward to the feedback and questions! I hope this is helpful for some others of you as well.

    submitted by /u/SteakRevolutionary32
    [link] [comments]

    Do I just suck at cold calling?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2022 05:57 AM PST

    So recently I started a web design business and I have previous experience in retail sales. But this past week I've made over 500 calls and have gotten 0 sales, 0 meetings, nothing. I mean I know it's my first week and all but I figured I would make at least 1 meeting

    Here is my script

    Cold call Hey this [my name] is the owner available.

    Well just To get straight to the point here I'm calling you today because I own a web design Business and I just saw you on Google and I noticed you don't a website so I figured I'd give you a quick call.

    Now just to make sure did I catch you at a good time?

    Ok well I'm sorry to bother you but do you think you could spar 60 seconds of your time?

    Perfect well first off I got a questions for you

    Have you ever thought about having a website before?

    What is the current way you get new customers?

    So Why did you start your business?

    Theres a whole lot more I'd love to discuss here and I know you gotta a business to run so why don't we make a appointment and I give you a call back on [day/time]

    Alrighty one more quick thing before I let you go

    I have a demo plumbers website I can show you just you have an idea of my work before our next meeting what would be the best email to send that to.

    submitted by /u/FriedOrangeSlice
    [link] [comments]

    Best question to bond with customer/prospect?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2022 07:30 AM PST

    I've learned that you need to show care for your prospect before you sell. That you really care for him. What are som good questions to Ask? Are you married? Where are you from?

    Because you always wants to bond with the prospect. Btw I'm a cold caller from Norway

    submitted by /u/loyydd
    [link] [comments]

    Fellow salespeople, what is THE most important thing to have when starting out in sales?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 05:42 PM PST

    Curious what answers y'all have, and this is for any people just starting out in a sales force.

    submitted by /u/scoobyduneydo
    [link] [comments]

    Loan Officers (Refi), what’s next?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2022 09:23 AM PST

    Pretty broad question right?

    I'll break it down lol. We are coming out of a time where interest rates were at a all time low. The 10-YR has hit 2% and it's going nothing but up for the rest of the year. At this point, cash-out refi is our bread and butter. For some reason I'm lacking the confidence that I had selling rate reduction or MIP removal.

    I think because I'm a math guy, I'm deciding for my client if it makes sense instead of them selling themselves and me pushing them in the right direction. Does it make sense to bring a borrower from 2.25 to 4.5 on a 300k loan amount just for them to take out 10k in equity and only 2 years in their mortgage?

    What are you guys doing to change your process as our environment is changing? Is there any verbiage that you guys/gals are using that seems to at least get them open to the idea of a debt consolidation or using the equity in their home pretty consistently ?

    Where I am right now, I'm not the top salesman I'm more above average but that doesn't sit well with me to the point where I'm considering underwriting and I loose sleep on the potential deals I'm missing out on.

    Any Ideas?

    submitted by /u/JayCort
    [link] [comments]

    Platform to share ideas with your team

    Posted: 11 Feb 2022 09:02 AM PST

    Hey guys,

    I am thinking about running a platform within my team. With the goal that everyone can share thoughts on new ideas by different to members, e.g. for new call scripts, e-mail ideas, etc.

    Does anyone here have experience with these kinds of platforms and /or can someone suggest something?

    Very thankful for your input - have a nice day.

    submitted by /u/Jointi
    [link] [comments]

    How many of you are over 100k and what was your path to get there?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 10:30 AM PST

    I sell insurance, I make about 140k a year as a top producer, nice living, not satisfied. Decided to open up my resume and had recruiters flying at me with "lucrative positions" starting at 30k a year. It got me thinking and I'd like answers to the following questions from my fellow degenerates.

    1. What industry are you in?
    2. How much do you make?
    3. What was your path to get there/how long have you been in sales?
    submitted by /u/notsurewhattttooodo
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to get into a Tech/SaaS role?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2022 08:29 AM PST

    Hello guys (and gals),

    I'm currently working in Home Improvement Sales as an Account Executive and crushing it. However, there's no upward mobility in the industry and would like to make an industry change to Tech/SaaS sales.

    How would I best go about securing a SDR/Account Executive job?

    There's no guide on this subreddit as far as I can see. I've been looking for recruiters on LinkedIn and messaging Sales Managers to no luck so far. I'm wondering if there's something better I can be saying to them/doing overall?

    submitted by /u/rod64
    [link] [comments]

    Delay in providing yearly compensation plan. Why?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2022 12:06 PM PST

    Hello fellow sales people

    Can anyone explain why seemingly every year I never have a new comp plan in my hand when the year's prior has expired?

    I find it insane working in SaaS how many people want to have their hands on sales revenue. From sales enablement to marketing to revops so many people prioritize the sales department and support us in every way possible except for sales leadership when it comes to creating a new comp plan. The past two years my comp plan has expired on the last day of the year but then seemingly for some reason I never have the next years comp plan in my hands until the end of February or early March, an entire fiscal quarter almost. Granted the past two years I have worked for pre IPO companies but still. When I inquire as to when we can expect it the responses are "We are working on it.....We are very busy.....You will have it soon" but it never seems like a priority. Sales leadership at my company mostly sits around and just watches but cant prioritize this?

    Its a pretty shitty way to treat your people, to crack the whip and tell your teams to keep on selling without a comp plan in hand and without a date when you will get it. I'm calling on any directors, managers, VPs, RVP or CROs in this sub to help me explain why this is the case, is there something I am missing?

    You knew back in October the sales plan was expiring after December but seems like the new comp plan discussion never starts until mid February? Why?

    I have a 73K contract out there right now with no idea as to how I will be paid for it or what the company goals are?

    submitted by /u/This-Is-A-Bad-Name
    [link] [comments]

    Disco

    Posted: 11 Feb 2022 11:05 AM PST

    So, I've been an Enterprise BDR for a leading tech company for close to 9 months now and have close to 2 years of sales experience. My pay isn't enough to endure the incessant rejections and constant snubs from top management.

    I'm determined to become an SMB AE. Some have called me ignorant for dreaming too big but now my ambitions are untethered. I've been invited for a 2nd round at a SaaS company. They sell a sales enablement platform starting with O.

    I've been asked to simulate a discovery call. As an SDR I didn't have to do it very often. I have a vague idea of a disco call but I wonder how an engagement software truly enhances sales teams. We don't use it at my current company.

    I'd appreciate some guidance for the disco and pointers on how a sales enablement platform could solve problems and elevate revenue teams

    submitted by /u/early50w
    [link] [comments]

    People in Solar Sales, I have a question about pay

    Posted: 11 Feb 2022 10:51 AM PST

    I work for a residential solar company that will go unnamed for now. I'm the closer. I get paid $100 per KW if it's their lead, $200 if it's my lead I create. No benefits, no base. Only commission. Is this normal for this industry? Am I at the wrong place? What are other solar sales people seeing?

    submitted by /u/whyrweyelling
    [link] [comments]

    SDRs/AEs, when is a meeting a confirmed opportunity?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2022 10:49 AM PST

    Want to hear perspective from both roles. What needs to be checked off before a commission is paid out to the SDRs? What sector are you in?

    Some new changes hit our org and some SDRs have been waiting weeks to find out if they hit quota or not. One guy has 7 meetings he's been waiting on since around mid-January. Used to be after the first meeting they would generally decide or not. I don't have a great pulse on what's standard or normal.

    submitted by /u/FrostyTurtle
    [link] [comments]

    Sales for marketing firm - base pay minimum wage but commission 25% recurring?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2022 10:40 AM PST

    Need advice. Graduating with a bachelors in sales this spring. Been looking like crazy for a good entry level sales or marketing career job. Had an interview yesterday with a small local marketing firm. Got the offer today. They have ~10 employees, good reviews from all of their clients.

    Base pay is minimum wage with 25% commission recurring monthly as long as the client stays on.

    Thoughts?

    Edit: Additional info after conversing with my prospective employer. Hourly wage of $7.25. It would be 1099 with possibility of becoming W2 after 90 days. No benefits. And they do not have a set quota, basically it amounts to "just go try to get us customers and we'll see how you do".

    submitted by /u/comeintomylair
    [link] [comments]

    Has your BDR/SDR manager prospected for your company?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2022 06:43 AM PST

    Finding it weird that my manager hasn't ever done some prospecting for the company, but yet instructs us on how to properly do it (doesn't work too well).

    IMO, to be a good manager, you have to have been in the trenches to know what it's actually like.

    submitted by /u/WilsonWednesday
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment