• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 13, 2022

    Should I make r/smallbusinessUK-EU? small business

    Should I make r/smallbusinessUK-EU? small business


    Should I make r/smallbusinessUK-EU?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 01:32 PM PST

    I've come across lots of posts where they are very specifically American. There are many country or area specific subreddits but also ones like this generalised for Americans. For instance when you guys talk tax credit etc, its completely different in other countries. Any other Europeans that would like to help? Or the mods of this subreddit willing to offer any advice?

    submitted by /u/_Throwaway54_
    [link] [comments]

    Closing a company

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 10:13 AM PST

    Hi,
    I'm looking to read about the experiences of people, who had an incorporated business and then had to shut it down.

    More specifically, about the procedure of shutting the company down. In most countries it's in the form of some liquidation procedure. A company liquidator is appointed, who draws up a list of all the assets and liabilities and then proceeds to sell the assets and pay as many creditors as possible.

    So if you have gone through this, my questions are:

    1. How much time and money did it cost you?
    2. Would you have been interested in a service that would've enabled you to avoid this procedure completely?
    submitted by /u/compostus
    [link] [comments]

    I want to target businesses that can afford my services that ranges from 400$-600$. I've worked with so many ecom brands and helped them get profitable ROAS.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 06:30 AM PST

    Hey, I am working with a few clients right now and I've worked with some more in past few months. The thing is the market where I am working is not that mature and the purchasing power of people is not that good. I've managed Adspend of 5k - 10k and easily helped them get a ROAS of 3x on an average.

    The thing is I want to target US and Canada markets that have an audience that is willing to afford services that includes FB + Insta Ads from creation to optimisation and Retention marketing aswell.

    So, I just wanted to know are there business that can afford 400$-600$ service keeping in mind I can deliver a healthy ROAS on their Adspend?

    As a business owner do you guys think this offer is fair or do i need to change something?

    submitted by /u/inarenderyadav
    [link] [comments]

    What so you look for in a computer provider?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 08:30 AM PST

    I've decided to pivot my business selling computers to individuals for gaming and workstation use to trying to focus efforts on selling workstations and fast office computers to businesses. I've been doing research on my larger competitors and trying to understand the space before I enter but I wanted to know what small businesses look for when deciding who to buy from for computers and deciding what to buy. What features matter to you the most?

    submitted by /u/Clown_corder
    [link] [comments]

    I want to start my own business by the end of this year or early next year.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 02:18 PM PST

    I want to open my own detailing shop. I have a little bit of detailing experience but I don't plan on doing much of the detailing, my brother has 5 years of detailing experience and I plan on him being my first hire. I also work as a car salesman so I know by the point I'm ready to open up I will have connections in the business. I'm thinking I will try to beat all the other detail pricing in my area, $200/250 for full detailing.

    While I won't be doing much work I will be doing all the funding for the business myself. Im going to buy the building /garage outright or pay rent with my own money, going to pay for all the products and equipment I will need out of pocket. I don't plan on paying for advertisement at first because I will have connections by that point and social media is a great tool to promote!

    What I'm wondering is how much money does it sounds like I'll need to start? I'm thinking I'll need at least $20,000 saved. I'll probably need at least $10k for the garage and the other $10k for equipment. Besides getting customers what are some issues that will inevitably arise? Do you think it would be to approach dealerships right away for cars to detail? I was thinking I would do 1 free car from a few different dealers to prove that we will do quality work.

    What are some of the best payment methods to take from regular customers? How do I ensure my customers will be satisfied? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/BSdawg
    [link] [comments]

    How to claim income if I didn’t receive 1099k?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 10:07 AM PST

    I'm sorry if this isn't the subreddit for this but I'm very confused and need help! I do 18+ work and the site I've used the past few years has always sent me a 1099-NEC, but I started using another site last year and I just noticed they never sent me any tax form even though I filed out a W9. I emailed them and they said they only send out tax forms to creators who make over 20k (I didn't) and they send a 1099k, not an nec.

    So I'm wondering how I claim my income? Do I file 1099k, 1099misc, 1099k, cash/checks, or just "other income"? I don't have a payers identification number or address from them or anything. I'm just like, so confused and can't find any info online.

    I know I should hire a professional to help me but sadly it's just not an option, so if someone could explain to me on how to do this I'd be extremely grateful. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Acceptable-Hope-2383
    [link] [comments]

    Best small business platform for craft makers?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 01:36 PM PST

    I've tried Etsy and am unsure about it. I've also heard of Square and Shopify. Are there others? Which one is the best in your opinion and why?

    submitted by /u/kuramauchiha
    [link] [comments]

    POS System (Clover Vs. Lightspeed)

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 01:23 PM PST

    I'm opening a used bookstore and am wondering if anyone has any experience with the Clover or Lightspeed POS system.

    I am wanting a system that can contain a book's title, ISBN, author's name, genre, and year of publication and give me sales data on each of these categories.

    Is this common with most of these programs? I've only used proprietary software in the past.

    submitted by /u/Dr-Rawk
    [link] [comments]

    If another small business came to you with a proposal to work together, what would you like to hear?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 03:17 PM PST

    My brother and I are starting a tour business. Food tours will be a big part of it. We are about to start approaching other small businesses about bringing tours to their establishments.

    We basically want to bring one to two tours a day for the customers to hear about their story, try a sample, and give then the opportunity to buy products.

    While we have some experience in sales (industrial hardware) and I am personally quite charming, we could use some advice.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/IdontYodel
    [link] [comments]

    Really slow sales

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 12:12 PM PST

    Hi guys

    Hope you are all ok!

    I've got a small business, I import and Sell sicilian food products.

    After taking your last pieces of advice i revamped my website and made it consumer friendly. I get a ton of traffic into my website but conversions to sales are incredibly low and im really unsure as to why?

    Please if you could let me know on ways to improve on my website that would be amazing!

    any tips to use to convert them views into sales?

    my website is www.thesicilianway.co.uk

    any advice would be amazing thank you everyone!

    submitted by /u/TheITALIANJobyt
    [link] [comments]

    Would you go into a resturant business?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 03:55 PM PST

    I know how pain these are but would you do a restaurant opeersrion where you have three partners but they don't do anything...not involve in operation at all?

    I said no because I want partners who can be part of operation because of the challenges and I just don't feel like wasting 12 hrs a day 7 days a week for theee people who just want to sit back

    Oh I would have 0 financial control. They said we would do the finances stuff but you do the operation.

    I said NO. I hope 🙏 I made the right choice...

    I was offer this is because I've been in similar business with them for the last ten years...just tired of food with no help.

    submitted by /u/Worldofmeb
    [link] [comments]

    What are the essentials for starting a small business?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 11:36 AM PST

    So I applied for an EIN a little over a year ago. This year I've decided to take the necessary steps to purchase the products to actually start the business. What else do I need besides an EIN? Will a business banking account be necessary? Are there any other legal steps I need to take such as obtaining anything from the courthouse etc?

    submitted by /u/centraluk
    [link] [comments]

    Can two unmarried people use one LLC for both of our side business ventures?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 03:15 PM PST

    My fiancé and I both have small side businesses. They are not really related. So can we just have both of our names on one LLC instead of having two

    submitted by /u/eng2725
    [link] [comments]

    Can my manual processes in my mountain guiding business be more automated?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 07:40 AM PST

    Hi, I'm wondering whether anyone can help with automating any aspect of my mountaineering business, as I'm aware that as things are, all it takes is missing a single email or just not having enough time to send an email and I could be in hot water.

    We use Microsoft 365 for emails, calendar and file storage, and Quickbooks for Invoicing.

    I run a pretty busy mountaineering business and often have freelance guides working for me. I also guide and do much of the admin, which in itself, is quite time-consuming, which probably doesn't help with keeping on top of things. We don't sell our courses and guiding via an e-commerce website, as everything requires a bit of dialogue before we agree to a booking.

    1. A client gets in touch via email or via one of the contact forms on our website.
    2. After a bit of a conversation, regarding dates and suitable itineraries, we email our guides to check to see who is available. All of our guides work on a freelance basis and will be taking on work elsewhere, as well.
    3. Once a guide has informed us that they're available, we send the client a Quick Books invoice and request that they pay via bank transfer, mainly to keep costs down, but it seems that there isn't an easy way to incorporate a pay now button onto a Quickbooks Invoice.
    4. The client pays by bank transfer. I had thought that it would be possible to set up some automation so that we're notified when a payment comes into Quickbooks, as not every client informs us that they've paid.
    5. Once a client has paid, the guide is notified and the event entered onto a Microsoft Calendar, but with open courses, i.e. multiple people can join, a couple of times this season, I've forgotten to update the event and as a result, booked one too many people onto a course.
    6. The client fills out an online booking form, which gets saved to a One Drive Folder. The link to which is shared to the guide by email, when the booking is 7 days out from taking place. If it is a set course, then an email will be sent to participants to inform them of meeting arrangements. Otherwise, the guide just arranges this with the client.
    7. They go out and hopefully have a nice time.
    8. I then send a link to various review platforms after the booking has taken place.

    In this day and age and with so many tour operators and events organizers, I figure that there must be a neater and more efficient way to do things. The way we currently do things seems clunky and as I mentioned before, easy to miss something crucial.

    Any advice would be really helpful, as the way we are currently doing things is quite stressful and time-consuming.

    submitted by /u/KenA2000
    [link] [comments]

    Is there potential in 'craft soda'?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 02:51 PM PST

    There has been a huge influx in the popularity of craft beers in the past decade or so; everyone and their dog is drinking and collecting all the different choices out there. Now I'm not the biggest enthusiast myself but I do always appreciate the designs on the bottles and cans - which I definitely believe are an important part of this hobby.

    Now that got me thinking, I remember seeing soda cans , either by big brands like Coca Cola and Pepsi or small 'craft soda brands', that (often even more so) focus on the design of the can. These have always amazed me yet I feel like you never actually see them for sale anywhere. Do you think this means there actually isn't a market for it? Or do you think this very, very small niche can grow just like craft beers did meaning that there are opportunities in this sector?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/FontaineT
    [link] [comments]

    Importing soft goods from Eastern Europe to USA…labeling

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 07:02 AM PST

    Hey all,

    I'm manufacturing a bag (all synthetic textiles—nylon and polyester) here in Eastern Europe that I intend to sell online via e-commerce shop or launch a modest Kickstarter.

    I plan to send orders individually, not do a bull import. My question is: are my products required to have some sort of label displaying materials so they don't get rejected at port of entry?

    Alternatively, where can I read up more on these requirements?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ItWouldBeGrand
    [link] [comments]

    How do you get more survey respondents?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 02:22 PM PST

    I recently launched a survey about the effects of puberty on teen girls. My goal is to get 500 responses, which was going well but has since slowed down. I was wondering if there were any other strategies to get more people to take the survey, especially moms and teens?

    Here are some of the strategies I've tried so far:

    1. Posted it on our social media
    2. Put it in a newsletter
    3. Asked friends and family to fill it out and share
    4. Attempted to post in mom FB groups but a lot don't allow for links/survey promotion

    Are there any other ways that have worked for you to get respondents?

    submitted by /u/iwatchbadmovies
    [link] [comments]

    Super niche Bitcoin Atm business.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 11:51 AM PST

    I run a bitcoin atm business turboatms.com. I have one machine located in Provo, Utah. It is in the front lobby of a ice cream shop. I have had in up for a few years now. It has had its good months but most of the months little to no activity. I do come up on 1st page of Google and have had SEO done and didn't see a increase in business.

    I need to know what I should do to help increase traffic and sales.

    submitted by /u/Turbostud20
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone used sendle?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 10:46 AM PST

    I am still in startup phase but I was wondering if anyone has used sendle. If not, what would you guys use for shipping items?

    My small business is clothing and I am going to be sending out t shirts soon.

    submitted by /u/MadRockeyWithABox
    [link] [comments]

    S Corp tax question

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 06:06 AM PST

    We formed a new S-Corp in 2021 (two partners no other employees) and we recorded our expenses in 2021 in Wave. Our app has not gone live yet, but we assumed we still need to file taxes to get our K-1s. One CPA we spoke with said we should not file since we are technically still in pre launch mode. Is this accurate? How would we capture the losses incurred on our personal taxes if we didn't file for the corporation? For context all we really have is 15 line items related to computer equipment, hosting fees, incorporation fees. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/zacdor
    [link] [comments]

    To Luxury or not to Luxury?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 09:41 AM PST

    How do you decide if you should make your product look "luxury" or not?

    I'm working on opening my business and picking out my branding materials now. I'm trying to decide if I want to make it look like high-end luxury or lower end and more accessible. I'm in the jewelry industry and people making similar things to me run the full gambit, but even the higher end businesses don't have the same luxury style branding I'd be doing, so I would still stand out that way. Think Michael kors or coach compared to Chanel and Hermes.

    I'm nervous though that I might not be meeting my customers where they're at. I don't know if my product really thrives in that luxury space, since the majority of my competitors are lower end. The higher end ones in my space have huge social media followings (20k- 30k) and their own websites. I'm at 50 followers and I'm selling on Etsy.

    I really want the minimalist logo design, all black packaging, etc. but should I do that if my customers aren't that type of person? How do I even find out who my customers are before I make any sales or launch my Etsy? Should I launch at the lower end and then rebrand once I have success and a following or would that just alienate people and make me essentially start over?

    Idk if this matters but - Regardless of what my branding looks like I wouldn't be changing my prices much. My low end competitors are around $40 average and my high end competitors are around $80. I figure that around launch I'll be in the $40-50 ballpark and in a few years time I'll be closer to the $80 as I get established.

    Sorry if I don't make any sense. Basically I'm wondering if it's worth it to do the lux branding I want regardless of it fitting my product or customer. Everyone wants to feel like they're buying luxury, right? Idk. I'm struggling and could use any help you guys can offer to a newbie.

    submitted by /u/helluvapotato
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment