• Breaking News

    Friday, February 18, 2022

    Personal Finance Debt Collector Continually Calling My Underage Kids Phone Even After I Requested To Stop.

    Personal Finance Debt Collector Continually Calling My Underage Kids Phone Even After I Requested To Stop.


    Debt Collector Continually Calling My Underage Kids Phone Even After I Requested To Stop.

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 07:44 PM PST

    Can I legally do anything about debt collectors calling my phone.? Its my 8 year old sons phone that he uses to speak with his dad and his dad's side of the family since my divorce. It's the same company always, I have a couple conversations of me asking them to please stop sice it was an underage kids phone and we don't know the person they are looking for. We keep blocking the #s but the company always calls with different #s. I placed an app to block robo calls but some of them still come through, any advice?

    submitted by /u/Jen411
    [link] [comments]

    I need quarters. Seattle, WA

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 04:36 PM PST

    I live in a cheap apartment by choice but one of the downsides is that the only laundry is coin op. My bank has a limit on dispersing quarters thanks to the apparent infinitely long coin shortage.

    I am entirely unwilling to put remain in a position where I have to go beg cashiers for coins on a weekly basis to be able to do my laundry, not having them on hand occasionally when I get grease (cooking/mechanical) or coffee on my clothes is a death sentence for my wardrobe.

    How would you go about getting an absolute fuckton of quarters to avoid these issues?

    Edit: I appreciate the suggestions a great deal, I should mention that my landlords ignore essentially all communication unless there is some sort of liability issue.

    submitted by /u/cancercureall
    [link] [comments]

    My employer withheld taxes, but I suspect they were not remitted to the IRS.

    Posted: 18 Feb 2022 02:02 AM PST

    First: this is a throwaway for purposes of anonymity. Second: I reviewed the wiki for this to no avail, but please remove if necessary.

    Background: I'm currently onboarding with a new company and was asked for the past three years of W-2's to confirm current employment. I am mid-senior management at the current company of ~30 employees, have been with them for 4 years, and they are not aware I'm about to move on.

    Problem: I couldn't locate my W-2 for tax year 2019 and the current employer is ignoring request for a copy. I reviewed my past Wages and Income transcripts from the IRS and discovered that a W-2 from the employer was no where to be found in the 2019 document. However, I do recall receiving a W-2 from our bookkeeper that year and filing my taxes accordingly. I also recall it being printed on copier paper and crudely folded in an unsealed envelope. Asked a coworker to check their Wages and Income transcript and they too were missing a 2019 W-2. Could this indicate that the employer did not report/pay the taxes withheld from our earnings to the IRS that year?

    submitted by /u/Connect_Definition42
    [link] [comments]

    Friend asking me to cosign a loan, bad idea right?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 10:33 PM PST

    I told him I'd have to think about it. It's a terrible idea, right?

    Is there any way to structure this sort of request as an investment where it's justifiable risk?

    I think I'll say no but wanted to ask the Reddit if there was a way it could be sane.

    submitted by /u/erisod
    [link] [comments]

    How did someone use my debit card number to purchase something online (Shein) and get it shipped within 10 miles of my house?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 11:15 PM PST

    I'm just so lost, confused and a good bit scared. Wouldn't they have to have had my billing address as well? And my name?

    I haven't dealt with any shady businesses or people since moving to the area about a month ago.

    Shein has cooperated decently well, and the city is right beside the one I live in. I could understand if it was from a card skimmer at a gas station, and they used the number locally, but I'm just lost on how they used it online with online shops requiring billing address and my name!

    Any idea?

    submitted by /u/maskedmelonhead
    [link] [comments]

    How important is credit score in buying a home?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 06:51 PM PST

    I am in the market for a house. Well I will be once I pay off an entire CC in about a month.

    I will be applying for an FHA loan which requires a minimum 3.5% down payment for credit scores of 580 and higher. If you can make a 10% down payment, your credit score can be in the 500 – 579 range.

    Right now my credit score is 640 and I am looking to put at least 5% down depending on what I get approved for.

    I have another mortgage debt ( time share ) so not a home, but an installment loan. Will this effect me in getting approved. I know you can get denied for other reasons even if you meet the min required score. My main debt is this revolving credit debt which a good chunk of my overall debt so that will be paid off before I even apply with a lender so hoping to increase my score

    Am I in an OK spot to be in the market for a house?

    submitted by /u/butthattoots
    [link] [comments]

    Should I decrease my cc limit?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 07:09 PM PST

    My husband is of the opinion that I should decrease my visa to $1000 from $5000 since my credit score sucks and I'm terrible with paying my balance. I thought not using your full credit limit was more beneficial than maxing it out every month and paying it off. Under my circumstances, what would be the best thing to do?

    My credit card limit is at $5k, and has been for years. I'll admit I'm very poor at paying off the balance every month, and have gotten myself into balances I haven't been able to pay a number of times over the years. I never get above $2,500, and I'm looking at being able to pay off my balance in few months. I'm honestly thinking of removing it from my wallet and only using it for the subscription services I want until I get I into better habits.

    Now my credit score is totally in the crapper for a loan I had with my ex. That loan is now closed, but was one missed payment away from going to collections. It's a long story I'd rather not get into.

    Otherwise I have paid every single loan and bill I've ever had on time.

    So, should I reduce my credit limit?

    Edit: In Canada if that matters.

    My score is so bad right now it would be negative if that was possible.

    submitted by /u/elle5624
    [link] [comments]

    TurboTax won't let me file because of an identity theft affadavit, what do I do?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 08:26 PM PST

    I had my social security # stolen last year so I answered yes on the turbotax form. Now it won't let me file my taxes online

    It says the identity theft affidavit is "available to file by mail 03/03/2022."

    What does that mean? Why do I have to wait until 3/03? I can access that affidavit form on the IRS website, why do I have to wait for turbotax?

    And I already paid over $100 to file my taxes with Turbotax. Did I just waste my money since I have to file by myself via mail now?

    Should I have just said no when they asked about my identity theft?

    submitted by /u/Majestic-Ballsack-83
    [link] [comments]

    When stocks and bonds are both tanking, and inflation and real estate prices are both soaring, what assets are worth investing in?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 08:20 PM PST

    "Analysis: 'Few places to hide': investors seek shelter as stocks, bonds fall together" (Reuters)

    What exactly could beat 6-7% inflation? No bank checking or savings account is offering rates that high.

    submitted by /u/NewTravelRN2021
    [link] [comments]

    What to do with $20k just sitting around in 2022?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 07:51 PM PST

    Not trying to brag by any means but I'm 17 years old and just saved up my first $20k and it feels pretty damn good to be able to say that (even though I turn 18 in a few days). Now I just don't know what to do with this money, I'm starting an electric apprenticeship soon and will be saving more from that but with the way inflation is going right now the last thing I want to do is let the 20 thousand sit. Any suggestions or advice you guys have that's reasonable would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/Youngj954
    [link] [comments]

    A medical bill has been sent to collections. My credit has not been hit yet. Can I pay for it now and avoid the credit hit?

    Posted: 18 Feb 2022 02:15 AM PST

    As the title states, I have been in collections for just under a week now. They have not marked my credit as being in collections.

    Would it be as simple as saying "I will pay 100% of this if you guys don't mark my credit?". And how would I go about doing this?

    Thank!

    **EDIT:** And does anyone know if the creditor can reclaim the debt from the collections agency, which has not reported the debt yet, and I am good on that angle?

    submitted by /u/Nickel-G
    [link] [comments]

    €60k to invest, what are my best options?

    Posted: 18 Feb 2022 02:03 AM PST

    European here. Getting a €60k dividens from a business, after taxes, in the coming weeks. What would be the safest but also most profitable way to invest it over a year or two? I will be using the money in the coming years so looking for something relatively short term

    submitted by /u/SofaSurfer9
    [link] [comments]

    Sold my condo in 2021

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 05:37 PM PST

    Last year I sold my condo in Texas where I lived and claimed homestead for the past 15 years, it was my only residence. I can't recall exactly the price I bought it for, I think it was around 82K and I sold it for 120K. After paying the remaining balance to the bank 24K and the realtor fees etc..I receved a net pay of 87K. I thought I was going to receive some type of tax form from the title company to provide to my tax accountant when doing my income tax but I didn't receive anything. Should I receive something? Will I need to pay any money to the IRS? Not sure what I need to report Your input is appreciated. Thanks

    submitted by /u/introhr
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to actually pay off a loan with 149% APR?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 05:56 PM PST

    ((UPDATE)) I thought I updated ...I talked to my oldest daughter not the one that lived with us... She's going to loan us the money we'll pay her back without interest. My son is also going to pitch in it's not that we can't afford our rent but our rent is usually a $600 and we have a small mortgage on the mobile home of $290 when my daughter moved in with her boyfriend it was supposed to be for a few weeks neither one of them had a job and it was summertime in Arizona so our electricity was $300 more they ran up the internet I had to kick him out... Got my daughter also was dragging her feet and then when they did get a job instead of paying us back they went and got a car and got their own place like I said I don't know what got into her but my boundaries are tough now and so are my wife's! I can't think that any of my other children would ever do that to us however but thank you for your advice and yes it did seem extremely crazy we need to build our credit up other than that our debt really isn't that bad.. Just with having to pay the late fees because we were paying extra we didn't really have a savings when she moved in the mortgage holder demanded we pay some late fees he said we owed after he got audited during the pandemic so we couldn't even use the stimulus to stuff away and savings for such an event. Also my wife was licensed in the state of California and then became Microsoft certified and then was a chef she suffered from untreated childhood asthma and had several very serious bouts with pneumonia and has severe COPD and rheumatoid arthritis she has the disability that is total and permanent and not expected to live past 5 years so she cannot technically be employed in the legal sense.

    I work a minimum wage job $15 an hour I'm 5 years 6 years away from retirement, my wife is disabled and receives very low social security about $1,000 a month We are in a situation after letting one of our children live with us for a few months we incurred much more debt and they are not paying it back. I have a balloon payment for my rent to pay because it accumulated late fees when I couldn't pay it on time. We have been working on getting our credit better but the only personal loan that we qualify for was with 149% APR $1,500 FOR 18 months. Pulling the payment directly from the paycheck twice a month. At first we thought we could do it but thinking of that interest rate... will any of it actually go to the principal? We're both extremely scared We do not want to get buried in this I only have one credit card and it has a $250 limit and that is almost maxed out. We don't own a vehicle and we're paying a mortgage on a mobile home The rent is for the space rent. My wife not being able to work really pulled us down in the income department and I've had to be the sold breadwinner and I'm not highly skilled she was highly skilled. We are just a paycheck away from a disaster adding this debt without having the means to pay it off seems like a very poor decision I wanted to know if anyone knew if it was actually possible to pay it back though Thank you for your advice in advance. ((Just to add our child does not live here anymore but took her first paychecks and bought a car and moved out instead of giving us the money she owed us. She wasn't raised that way and my other children aren't that way so we're not sure what happened but it has been very heartbreaking indeed.))

    submitted by /u/twofuxx
    [link] [comments]

    403B Retirement for Newbies

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 08:21 PM PST

    Just recently started my career as a registered nurse where my hospital does 2:1 matching up to 5%. The two options they give us is either TIAA or Fidelity. What is your guys preferences and why? Also, I was interested in doing some form of a supplemental plan as well. What kind of plan would you recommend and on what terms? (I.e. Pretax vs post tax). Also wanted to mention that my gross monthly income would be around $5500. Thanks in advance for any wisdom you may have to offer.

    submitted by /u/bthunt711
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment