• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 17, 2022

    Is 250/500/250 overkill for our liability limits? Insurance

    Is 250/500/250 overkill for our liability limits? Insurance


    Is 250/500/250 overkill for our liability limits?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 07:03 AM PST

    Hi all,

    We are considering increasing from 100/300/250 to 250/500/250 for our auto insurance liability limits and are wondering if this is overkill. The cost would be an additional $165 for 6 months. We're both in our 20's and just starting out in our careers. We currently rent and are planning to buy a house within the next year or 2. Should we make the change or leave the coverage as is?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/blindmike95
    [link] [comments]

    Was sent settlement offer… now being told it was a mistake

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 10:30 AM PST

    My car was totaled Jan 1st. Insurance originally said it wasn't covered because my boyfriend was driving. Finally they were able to come take it last week and yesterday came back and said it was totaled and sent me a valuation report and settlement offer. Claims adjuster also said that I would need to fill out paperwork that's being FedExed to me so they could get the ball rolling on getting my payout. Now I get a call today saying that's all a mistake and to throw everything away because they are only paying the $900 owed on my car and for storage fees and that's it. Is that allowed? It just seems sketchy to me and I'm really sick of getting thrown around while having to somehow get everyone where they need to be with only one car. Just don't have any experience dealing with insurance so want to make sure I'm not getting messed with. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/coochiedust
    [link] [comments]

    Landlord listed as additional insured - need help please

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 10:30 AM PST

    Hi! I'm about to move to a house and the lease requires my landlord to be listed as "ADDITIONAL INSURED AND INTERESTED PARTY ON THIS POLICY."

    I currently have coverage and have listed him as interested party but for some reason no insurance accepts to have him listed as "additional insured"

    Does this mean that I need to keep this current renter's insurance policy, AND purchase a standalone liability only insurance that would list him and myself? Full verbiage below. For the life of me I can 't explain what's going on. Thanks so much!

    1. RESIDENT LIABILITY INSURANCE: Tenant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Manager and its Associates

    from any and all liability for actions/inactions of Tenant which cause damage or injury to the Premises, or any party

    or person, and expressly agrees that Manager shall not be liable for ANY damages or losses to person or property

    caused by any Tenant or any other person; or damages resulting from actions/inactions of Manager or its agents, broker,

    employees, directors, officers, affiliates, representatives and consultants ("Associates") unless such injury or damage

    is determined by a Court of law to have been caused 100% by the gross negligence and willful misconduct of Manager

    and Associates. DURING THE TERM OF THIS AGREEMENT, TENANT IS REQUIRED TO SECURE AND

    MAINTAIN A LIABILITY INSURANCE POLICY. IN AN AMOUNT OF NOT LESS THAN $100.000.00

    ("MINIMUM REQUIRED INSURANCE"

    or

    "MRI'), AND MANAGER MUST BE NAMED AS AN

    ADDITIONAL INSURED AND INTERESTED PARTY ON THIS POLICY. Tenant agrees and acknowledges

    that the insurance mandated herein is not a renter's insurance policy and does not cover any of Tenant's personal

    belongings, additional living expenses, or liability arising out of bodily injury or property damage to any third party.

    If Tenant fails to provide Manager with evidence of MRI, the MRI required by this Agreement may be satisfied by

    Manager scheduling the Premises for coverage under the Resident Liability insurance policy ("RL"), at a cost to the

    Tenant of $12.95 a month. A fee of $50.00, plus $4.95 a day shall be paid by Tenant for each day that Tenant occupies

    the Premises for which Manager is not named as an additional insured on RL policy.

    submitted by /u/mozkao
    [link] [comments]

    [HELP] Underwriter Career Path & Salary

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 08:54 AM PST

    Hey Everyone,

    I have a question regarding Underwriting and the potential path and salary. I graduated with an MIS degree and have been offered an Underwriter position with a $70k salary at a Healthcare/Insurance company.

    My long term goal was to transition into a high FO position at one of the "big banks" or Real Estate. Realistically, is this a position that is worth taking and something that could get me a 6-figure salary or should I be pursuing another position such as analytics, primarily data analytics?

    I'm currently 25 years old. I tried joining r/InsurancePros, but got denied because I'm not working in the industry yet. Additionally, I was recommended to make a post here from r/FinancialCareers.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Rumcajs23
    [link] [comments]

    I’m renting a condo. Do I need water backup coverage?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 02:45 PM PST

    My car was stolen and recovered a month ago, and I still don’t have it. Is this normal?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 04:40 AM PST

    Hello,

    My car was stolen and recovered damaged back on January 17. When it was recovered, I was told it was taken to a tow shop. The thieves crashed it and it's not drive-able. My insurance said they were gonna send someone over there to appraise my car and send me a check to get it fixed. This took about 3 weeks to do. The tow company is trying to charge me $1500 of storage fees.

    I told my insurance and they mailed the tow company a check. Well it's been a week and the check still hasn't arrived. In my area, the mail has been delayed. The tow company is still charging me fees everyday that my car sits in the shop. My insurance said that I'm going to have to pay the week of storage fees and they will reimburse me.

    I'm very frustrated and broke. I relied on my car to make money, so I haven't worked in a month. I don't have the money to pay the extra storage fees. But still I feel like this process should not have taken a whole damn month. My car still has to go to the auto shop to get fixed which will taken even more time. I'm behind on bills and stressed out.

    Does the stolen and recovered process normally take over a month?

    submitted by /u/RingRing85
    [link] [comments]

    Water Heater Leak/Homeowner Insurance

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 02:10 PM PST

    In January I noticed a pretty bad leak in my crawl space and it was from my water heater in the home. Immediately replaced the next day but it had probably been steady leaking for around a month. Just went back in my crawl space and it looks like mini mushrooms growing on my floor joists....mold issue. Would the mold removal be covered under my homeowner insurance? I know it all depends but damage from this type of leak typically covered?

    submitted by /u/ALingerz
    [link] [comments]

    Disability insurance quote

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 01:31 PM PST

    Hi, I hope this is the right forum to ask this question. I work in healthcare and recently started looking into acquiring own occupation disability insurance. All the companies that I'm considering offer a "discount" on the premium. One of them, however offer two options. A 15% discount with a guarantee that the premium can never change. Or a 30% discount with the possibility that they could increase it at some point. The agent who's helping me states that he's never since them raise their rates in many decades in the business and that even if they decided to increase, the would still have to go through the state's approval etc, which is not a given. In summary he advises that this is a perfectly safe way of getting another 15% discount and he doesn't think (FWTW) they would ever raise it. I'm leaning towards the safest option of taking the 15% discount and a guaranteed fixed premium for the duration of the coverage. We're talking ~1000 dollars a year difference.

    Would love people's perspective/opinion. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/vincrito
    [link] [comments]

    I have a question for my fellow insurance sales people.

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 01:29 PM PST

    So I was working as a insurance Agent for a large company in a inbound sales role. Well they decided to change that and how there where getting leads. So due to this killing my income I asked would we be released if we left which they said yes. So I started looking and gave notice and guess what I still have not got my release from them. Now this matters because if I want to sell insurance for another company who sales some of the same companies I will need a release from them.

    Anyone ever had this issue? Im in Texas if that matters.

    submitted by /u/Dallaswolf21
    [link] [comments]

    On my parents health insurance, my employer offers a health insurance plan with no employee contribution, should I take it?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 11:44 AM PST

    Hello everyone. I'm 23 and still on my parents insurance. They have really great insurance and I just landed a new job, best thing about it is benefits. They offer a health insurance plan that covers medical, dental, and vision with zero dollar contribution, but my parents insurance is amazing so I still want to be on theirs. If I decide to be double insured, would my insurance need to be primarily used first and not be worth the headache?

    submitted by /u/austinalexan
    [link] [comments]

    Any advice or assistance welcome

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 11:12 AM PST

    Hello, I am looking for general advice to see if there is anything I can do in my situation. I live in Michigan in a rural township but have both well water and city water service. The well water is only used at the well house about 15ft from the main home and is only used in spring and summer months. The well house is about 6 feet below ground level. Our house has a crawlspace that is about 2ft below ground level. On February 13th, we heard our laundry machine sounding like a flooded car engine. It prompted me to try and go check the dryer vent pipes under the home. That's when I noticed both our crawlspace and well house were filled with water. I tried pumping the water out overnight to no avail. I called on the 14th to have start a claim process and got a company out to drain it all. Once it was draining, we found the broken pipe in question in the well house, and I had to shut the breaker off to the well house water pump to stop it. There are no broken pipes under my home.

    My crawlspace now needs a new vapor barrier and insulation around the block foundation due to the water damage. But, the insurance company is saying that since there are no pipes directly emptying water into the crawlspace from the well house , this is considered ground water, and that is not covered.

    It's the middle of winter, and we have not had anywhere near enough precipitation to cause ground water to do this. In the short 3 years we've lived here, there has never been a water issue for this crawlspace. It is entirely plausible that this pipe issue has been going on for some time since the well is not used after October, essentially filling both the well house and saturating the ground to the point it leached into our crawlspace. The aspect that this is due to ground water is absurd; if the pipe hadn't broken, there would be no issue. Further proof is we had some unseasonably warm days lately since it's been drained, and there has been no new water in either the well-house or the crawlspace.

    Does anyone have anything I can try to file, say, or do to increase my odds of getting this covered? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/SaggyDagger
    [link] [comments]

    Got into an motorcycle accident earlier...questions about insurance

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 10:48 AM PST

    Is my insurance company trying to pull one over on me?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 10:47 AM PST

    My wife and I have our auto and mortgage insurance through the same company. My sister-in-law moved into our house last year and she has her own auto policy. My insurer reached out to me to verify that she lived with us and I confirmed that she did, and that she had her own car and auto policy in her name. They asked for proof of it just to make sure she wasn't leaching off ours somehow so I sent it. Then they came back with our company policy is everybody who lives in the house must be on the same policy so she will need to be added to your policy because they don't do non-rated drivers.

    Is this legitimate or is they just trying to make more money from me? I really do not want my sister-in-law on our policy as she has multiple accidents so I know our premiums would go through the roof.

    submitted by /u/duckwizzle
    [link] [comments]

    Quickest route to becoming a claims adjuster?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 09:50 AM PST

    Hi, I'm considering going into Claims Adjusting in the near future, and wanted to know a quick route to get hired.

    I need to make the transition within 6 weeks, as I'm relocating to another state at the end of March.

    I've applied to many Claims Adjuster Trainee positions and although I had 1 Progressive interview I didn't get hired. I currently live in Texas but will be relocating to Florida.

    I know it's best to have a company pay for the licensing but since I'm on a time crunch I may self study.

    What's a good website or course to use for studying? Is there a specific license I should look for? I'm getting consumed on all the different types. (liability/auto/property/etc)

    Once I get the license should I continue applying for Trainee positions? I've worked as a Claims Adjudicator for an Unemployment Office before where I did work very similar to a Claims Adjuster.

    submitted by /u/LocaYellow
    [link] [comments]

    Applying for Claims Positions.

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 09:50 AM PST

    Hi! So I'm looking by switching careers and have been eyeing the insurance industry, specifically claims adjusting. I have an Associate Degree in Criminal Justice and about 2 1/2 years on as a cop, plus about 5 years experience in the tourism/hospitality industry before that. I plan on getting my Florida 6-20 all lines adjuster license in the next couple months. It seems most companies would either want you to have a Bachelors Degree or your adjusting license. Do you guys have any tips or advice that would help getting a job a little easier? Any companies that are more inclined to hire someone with no‍ adjusting experience, or which companies stay away from? Appreciate the answers in advance!

    submitted by /u/MeetKing_net
    [link] [comments]

    HELP - Working with Progressive Insurance has been a nightmare

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 09:34 AM PST

    I helped my 16 year old nephew purchase his first car. I wanted something safe and reliable for the Michigan winters so I went with a 2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium hatchback with 90,000 miles. I paid $12,500 for it. He was super excited posting photos of his car lined up next to his friends' cars on instagram. My wife thought it was really cute.

    Fast forward 5 months and life happens. He was driving with his sister in the car, they were on their way home from school and hit a deer. Luckily everyone was ok but the car was totaled. He was devastated but we had full coverage insurance through Progressive so I told him cars can be replaced I'm just glad nobody was hurt.

    I get the first insurance quote of $8500 which is $4000 less than I paid 5 months ago. The quote email didn't contain links to any of the cars only make, model, mileage and price. I can only assume these are cars with salvaged titles or possibly completely made up. I can't find any comparable cars in the area for less than $13,000.

    The whole experience has been really bad. I feel like I'm being scammed and the claims generalist associate I'm working with has been very abrasive. I have several other policies with Progressive I think I'm going to cancel. I don't want to have to deal with this nightmare again.

    What are my options to get the correct value of the car?

    submitted by /u/overlapped
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have homeowners insurance through Esurance?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 08:50 AM PST

    Good or bad experience - I am curious to talk to someone who has it.

    submitted by /u/rappstar668
    [link] [comments]

    Haven't heard from other party's insurance after 6 months

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 08:15 AM PST

    Hi all, In August 2021 I was backing up at a gas station and collided with another car. The rear passenger door was dented in and definitely needed repair. No one was hurt, but the passenger in the car did have a seizure shortly after our collision. The family members with her said that she has had a brain tumor for a long time and that these seizures happen. An ambulance came to the scene to check her out and I heard them say she was good--she came back to herself and was up walking, talking, and having a cigarette about 5-10 minutes later. The car owner/occupants were very kind and said everything was okay, we'd just get the car door sorted out via insurance.

    Six months later, I have not heard from their insurance. I did get a form in the mail from their insurance mail shortly after the incident asking for details, which I filled out and promptly returned. I also reported it to my insurance. In December, I called their insurance company was told that the claim was still in the works but that they had paid for repairs to their customer's vehicle.

    My question: why wouldn't I have heard anything else? Does it typically take this long? I'm worried that this silence means they've hired a personal injury lawyer and plan to make a claim for some sort of damages.

    Thanks for any insights on this!

    submitted by /u/uhhuhbecca
    [link] [comments]

    House Insurance Claim Process : What to do / not to do?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 08:00 AM PST

    Hello, The plumbing in my house (17 years old ) has sprung a leak. The leak seems to be in the wall somewhere in upstairs bathroom as I see water seeping out from behind the tiles in the bathtub. The water has also made it's way downstairs dripping from ceiling underneath it. I sent email to my agent they said 1) take pictures 2) Keep the faulty part 3) send us a claim. Now do I need to get multiple estimates? I am assuming the walls/tiles will need to be cut open so there will be some job for fixing up walls/repaint it too. What else do I need to do to make sure the claim does not get denied (in case I end up filing it) . I am with Statefarm btw.

    submitted by /u/manage_money
    [link] [comments]

    Separate insurance for partner?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 06:39 AM PST

    Ohio.

    I've been driving for 20 years and never had a claim or accident. Had a few tickets but the last one was in 2006. I have a CDL and safe driving record. My partner is from another country that primarily drives motorcycles. He's purchased a car here and I will be teaching him how to drive. He has an Ohio learner's permit and did not have a license in his home country since it was not required. This will be his first license, car, and insurance policy. We are married.

    I am thinking of having him get his own policy instead of adding him to mine. I want to do this so any accidents or claims might incur will not affect my rates or future policies. Am I overthinking this or is it smart to keep things separate? I'm not concerned about the discounts we may receive with a joint policy but am very concerned about any possible accidents affecting my policy.

    submitted by /u/choppedupangels
    [link] [comments]

    how do you choose?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 06:39 AM PST

    I am taking a new job and for the first time, will have several options to choose from for health insurance....but how do I know what to choose? There is a State Health plan PPO or 5 different HMO options. Bi-weekly premiums are within $40 of each other. Deductible for the PPO is $400 per person, $800 per family and a $2000/$4000 max. The HMO's are $125/250 and $2000/$4000. What is the difference between PPO and HMO?

    submitted by /u/ljcoon
    [link] [comments]

    EASTWEST TROO

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 05:45 AM PST

    Anyone who has an health/life insurance in eastwest troo? Kindly share if your experience if it is recommendable. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Puzzleheaded-Leg5035
    [link] [comments]

    Please Advise; First Time in a Car Wreck and I want to prevent my insurance rates from skyrocketing.

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 05:40 AM PST

    Hello Reddit Insurance Community, I rear ended someone with a trailer hitch. Their car is completely fine and they were very kind. We did not file a police report and we did not exchange insurance information. He just made sure his car was fine and drove off.

    My car on the other hand is pretty extensively damaged. From the AAA report, "vehicle has subframe damage; transmission cooler lines are crushed; damage to the condenser fan, radiator; will need to see body shop for any repairs".

    It's a 2010 Honda CR-V. Kelly Blue Book value of about $5000. What do I do? Do I call my insurance company and file a claim? Do I get an estimate from a body repair shop to see if the car is totaled or not and then call the insurance?

    I want to prevent my rates from shooting up but if the car is totaled insurance needs to know, is that correct?

    I'm sorry I'm a complete novice to the insurance and car accident world. Any help or advice would be deeply appreciated.

    submitted by /u/SunnyChirps
    [link] [comments]

    Should I be using USAA?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 05:15 AM PST

    My father is retired military and I figured USAA was the best option for me, but im not military im a civilian. Do you think USAA is good for me or should I switch? I pay around 200 something a month for car + rental insurance. I am 26 years old and a male I drive a Focus ST.

    submitted by /u/IlikeNetworking
    [link] [comments]

    Help understanding GAP Insurance

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 03:35 AM PST

    Hoping for some advice about my GAP Insurance Policy.

    My car is currently in the process of being written off, I have GAP insurance but I need some help understanding how much I will be paid out.

    The policy details state:''MINI shortfall insurance has been designed to cover the 'gap' between the motor insurance settlement and either the amount you paid for the vehicle or the finance early settlement balance payable by you to the finance company if the vehicle is declared a total loss.''

    On the Customer Schedule page it states that my 'Benefit' is £14,400, which is the full price of the car when I bought it.

    If my insurance company pays out £8000, does this mean I'm guaranteed to get the remaining £6400 from the GAP Insurance or can they decide to only pay off my remaining finance and I'll lose my deposit and the payments I have made so far?

    submitted by /u/Heijin23
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment