• Breaking News

    Monday, February 7, 2022

    Do insurance cover cars that are illegally driven? Insurance

    Do insurance cover cars that are illegally driven? Insurance


    Do insurance cover cars that are illegally driven?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 09:26 PM PST

    So my wife got into an accident and she's allegedly at fault. The other car that got hit has, as they claim otherwise: no registration (sticker on plate expired in July 2021), no insurance. No idea who the car is registered to. Just got their plate, VIN, and driver's ID. They said they'll give it to my insurance.

    They claim that they just bought the car from a friend like today (no contract or paperwork, just verbal agreement) and have yet to file anything with the DMV.

    What are the chances our insurance will pay for their damages?

    submitted by /u/turbocomppro
    [link] [comments]

    Will my insurance cover a cracked windscreen from the inside?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 03:18 PM PST

    I've double checked and my car insurance does cover windscreen repair and replacement. Repair is £0 excess, replacement is £60 excess.

    I was driving home tonight and my partner threw a fit because her phone wasn't working correctly.. threw the phone.. cracked all my windscreen.

    Safe to say, I have absolutely lost my shit, she's apologised and will help me pay the excess. All I need to know is will my insurance cover this if they're aware that the damage came from inside the car?

    I cant ask the insurance company this question and it doesn't state anything in my documents about which side of the glass is damaged.

    I have no idea whether to say what actually happened and risk them not covering it, or claim a bird flew into my windscreen, but will they then be able to tell that the damage came from inside?

    submitted by /u/HannaaaLucie
    [link] [comments]

    Too late to sue?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 07:35 PM PST

    A friend of mine fell off of a building while working in 2014 and was very severely injured. His employer did not have adequate safety systems in place. My friend has received assistance from workers comp, but I think he should have sued his former employer for pain and suffering. Is it too late? This was in Mississippi, company is based in Ohio.

    submitted by /u/coloradoinsuranceguy
    [link] [comments]

    Dead car

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 09:32 AM PST

    So I just took a trip to Florida keys and when driving back to northern illinois a warning started on my 2014 chevy cruse disease (142k miles) about overheating. So I pulled over and looked at the engine and the coolant reserve was empty. So I waited 12 minutes in the 3 degree farenheit weather. Then started up and slowly made it to the next gas station (no more overheating warnings)

    Fill up the antifreeze and wait 15 minutes. Seems to be holding So I take off and check in 20 minutes and I lost around an inch. Refill and continue on and stop every 45 minutes until I got home and parked the car. Next day call and set up an appointment to get checked out. Only time was a Friday morning. Friday afternoon get a call saying my engine is toast. 9k for a rebuilt engine or 10k for new engine. Not Worth It

    Will my State Farm Insurance help at all?

    I should have listened to those hundreds of robo calls that kept trying for me to buy their extended warranties. They warned me and gave me so soooooo many chances.

    Thanks for any advice

    submitted by /u/Jackalopekiller
    [link] [comments]

    Why does viking services keep calling me?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 08:21 PM PST

    I dont have a car nor any sort of debt, why do they keep calling my number. Last time i picked up they just asked for my name cause they didnt know who i was or why i picked up, i told the caller to stop calling me but they just kept asking for my name without much of an explanation.

    edit: i did hear about them extorting information and harassing non-clients it could very well be that tbh

    submitted by /u/Oed1pu5
    [link] [comments]

    Who has the best reputation for homeowners insurance?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 08:18 PM PST

    For folks who work in this industry, I'm wondering what company you recommend? TIA, fam - I enjoy reading y'all's input and have learned so much here! Thanks for being awesome

    Update: I'm in Texas

    submitted by /u/rgvhome
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Jewelry Insurance for Watches

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 04:08 PM PST

    Hello r/Insurance group, I'm desperately looking for a jewelry insurance for my heirloom family jewelry. The amount of my jewelry is roughly $4-5 million we have them vaulted all at a bank because we are at fear that they are not all insured through and fantastic policy we had before. I can't seem to find anyone with my market. Can anyone provide some guidance?

    submitted by /u/Just-Chance1805
    [link] [comments]

    To file or not to file…

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 03:18 PM PST

    Hello! Any input is greatly appreciated. I'm wondering if I should file a claim with my apartment property management company's insurance given these facts: 1. My car was hit on the driver's door as it was pulling past the security gate at my apartment 2. The damage is about $2,500 3. My apartment's snowplow driver hit my car 4. My car IS insured 5. My car was being driven by an uninsured driver 6. The driver of my car says she waited until the snowplow stopped to proceed, but the snowplow driver started driving again without paying attention and hit my car. 7. The snowplow driver claims my car was t-boned because the driver in my car wasn't paying attention 8. I live in Michigan

    submitted by /u/Ancient-Plankton6151
    [link] [comments]

    State Farm homeowners insurance with extra endorsements for septic & well?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 05:27 AM PST

    Hello, first time homeowner trying to decide whether we need the Back Up of Sewers of Drains endorsement, Home Systems Protection, and/or Service Line Coverage if our new house as a septic tank and well rather than utilities from the city? Everything I look up about them refers to the sewer system. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/mecchakuccha
    [link] [comments]

    Dwelling Property Coverage amount much less than purchase and appraisal price

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 10:12 AM PST

    I am looking over my home insurance policy and noticed under "Property Coverages" the "Dwelling" value is about 1/2 of what I paid for the home.

    I don't want to engage with the insurance company until I better understand why this is. For all I know it is normal.

    Thank you in advance for any suggestion or direction.

    submitted by /u/0ldw3st
    [link] [comments]

    State Farm or Travelers

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 05:26 AM PST

    I've had Farmers for home and auto for a long time and now shopping for insurance since rates have gone sky high for auto. I have reached out to all the big carriers and price wise SF and Travelers are the most inexpensive for my situation. Curious what your customer service and claim handling experience has been with these two companies?

    submitted by /u/Cluster_Puck
    [link] [comments]

    Penske rental truck insurance

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 01:17 PM PST

    I'm looking to rent a 16" Penske truck in Maryland for a move to New Jersey. I'm looking at the options for insurance and they offer "supplemental liability insurance." Does that mean that some type of base insurance is included? I can't find anything about it. If i buy their insurance, it doubles the price of the insurance. Do I need to buy a additional liability insurance? My personal auto insurance won't cover a rental truck I checked.

    submitted by /u/AW5542
    [link] [comments]

    Infant Health Insurance

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 12:41 PM PST

    Not sure if this is the place but seemed right. If you know of better avenues I'm open to suggestions.

    I am a 1099 contractor. My partner (not married) is a school teacher (she's quitting at the end of this year) and we live in Colorado.

    We recently had a baby (we do live together) my insurance is through the Veterans Affairs. And my partner is on her parents insurance.

    We need to get health insurance set up for baby as soon as possible. We looked into CHP+ but I make too much money.

    Are there other options people would suggest for insuring baby?

    submitted by /u/No_Fan_6627
    [link] [comments]

    Will insurance replace or cover 2nd hand flooring that was damaged in fire mitigation process?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 12:29 PM PST

    I know this questions sounds ridiculous, what should I expect with 2nd hand floor, but the floor was actually in almost perfect condition, just about 30 sq ft had issues (and I didn't use that section), the other 500 sq ft had no issues. I bought it from a woman on FB who paid $5k for it, laid it down without any glue and decided she hated it. She couldn't return it so I bought it for $300. I had just finished installing it literally the day before the kitchen fire. I do have some pictures of it before the fire happened.

    After the fire, there were a few large scratches, but a lot of the damage came after the fire mitigation. There are some very large dents and chips of the wood veneer missing that are exactly where the heavy air sweeper machines and ozone generator machine were sitting for a week. There's also some very deep scratches right around the back door where all of our stuff was dragged out onto the back porch.

    This fooring isn't made anymore and I haven't been able to find anything that woudl match it. Do you think progressive will replace all the flooring if they can't match it, or do I just learn to live with the messed up floor?

    Question 2 is about the cabinets once again. The construction guy left our undamaged cabinets and dishwasher outside for a month on a covered porch, but they have been snowed on for several days and rained on once. He told me they're fine and I'd need to pay to replace all the cabinets instead of just the 3 damaged ones. I read that dishwashers, fridges, basically anything electronic that was within 10 feet of the fire could have problems within the next year. This would include our fridge which they said was fine, is that true? It wasn't a big fire, just the stove, microwave, 3 cabinets, and the wall behind the stove and a 2 foot chunk of ceiling were burned. So it all stayed pretty concentrated to one area of the kitchen.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/vilebubbles
    [link] [comments]

    NY Life and Health Insurance Exam

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 08:38 AM PST

    Hello There!

    I'm slated to take the NY Life and Health Insurance exam in about 2/3 weeks. Has anyone taken it recently?

    My firm enrolled me in the XCEL (STC Company) training program. Would love to hear from anyone who has taken it recently.

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/TheDugoutGum
    [link] [comments]

    Group liability insurance policy no longer available for camp. Must seek personal coverage

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 11:57 AM PST

    Hi all!

    New to the r/Insurance community, and i come seeking advice and with gratiude.

    I own a small cabin in the semi-remote woods of Northern Ontario, and this cabin is on leased land from a land owner who owns it. This land owner owns the whole township (large square section of land used to divide remote areas) and several neighboring townships. There are many other camps situated in these townships and other leasers in the same situation as me.

    So previously, there was a policy that, if im correct, the land owner held (or held for us) that we could all opt into and pay $70/yr. Now, theyre ending this policy and we're to provide proof of our own policy by June.

    This worries me because when i came into ownership of my lease i tried to get my own coverage, and speaking with a couple agents it seemed this was both a strange situation and also something insurance companies are hesitant to take on because its not really a popular concept as a whole, ie. leasing recreational property from a land owner.

    There was a situation in the last few years that established our 'ownership' of these leases to essentially fall under the landlord and tennant act, if this helps at all.

    Is there any way I should go about persueing this insurance? Any particular type of policy i should be asking for? Does anyone have any advice at all with regards to getting insurance that the landowner will be satisfied with?

    In my case, i dont need coverage for any of the property on the land. It could burn down and it wouldnt be a substantial loss. The only type of coverage i need is personal liability.

    Ill try and answer any questions as well as elaborate on anything to the best of my abilities.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/RemingtonRodger123
    [link] [comments]

    (X-post, I hope it’s appropriate) Help a first timer: Choosing a bodyshop and verifying OEM parts

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 11:56 AM PST

    Business insurance for skincare/soap/oil company based in US with products sourced from overseas?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 07:55 AM PST

    Hello -- reaching out on behalf of a friend who runs a skincare company that sells soaps, oils, and other products who needs to find business insurance. Her previous insurance company has told her that they can no longer provide insurance for her company as the skincare products are used on the skin and they are sourced from outside the US (Turkey).

    Apparently she has reached out to business insurance brokers but none have been able to find an insurance company willing to insure her business.

    Does this sound right? Edit: is there a specific type of insurance provider I should pass along to her (not specific brokers)?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/soccercrzy
    [link] [comments]

    My car got totaled by a teen driving too fast in the parking lot. I've filed a claim, but what should I do/expect next?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 10:53 AM PST

    Pretty much what it says in the title. I was at work (at a big box store) when a teenager hit my car and two other parked cars. I happened to see the whole thing, since I was exiting the building to help a customer load their purchases into their car. My car was totaled and there was significant damage to the two other parked cars, and moderate damage to the teen's car (technically her mother's car). No one was hurt and the accident happened on Jan. 17.

    I filed claims that same day with both my insurance (Liberty Mutual) and the teen's mom's insurance (Fred Loya). Sent pictures, made a statement, all that. My insurance policy apparently didn't cover this kind of thing (I've since upgraded policies) so I'm shit out of luck there. But that shouldn't matter, because the teen's insurance should cover it, since it was her fault, right?

    It's been three weeks now, but Fred Loya hasn't really done much. They accepted the fact that my car was totaled, had me sign a Power of Attorney form, and they've towed it to their own Copart lot.

    Since then, nothing. Last time I called them (Friday, Feb. 4), they said they were "still trying to determine liability." And I'm like how? I've read the reviews online, and I know Fred Loya is a scummy company, but seriously? Is it not obvious that your driver who hit three parked cars is the one at fault? And I know they're not waiting on statements/photos either, because the other two parked cars belonged to my coworkers and I've asked them, hey, have you sent in your statements yet?

    Anyway, I guess my question is: What should I expect from here? How long before Fred Loya admits their driver was at fault and makes me an offer? How long before I need to get a lawyer, and would a lawyer be helpful/worth it in this case?

    Also, a friend of mine said I need to get the license plates off of the totaled car so I can put them on my new car. Is that accurate, or do I need to get new license plates?

    This is in Colorado, if that makes a difference.

    submitted by /u/syncope_apocope
    [link] [comments]

    What are some topics I can research on based on the insurance sector?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 10:31 AM PST

    Recommended Car Insurance?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 10:30 AM PST

    Hi everyone!

    I'm a first time car-insurance buyer and I recently bought my first insurance policy through Progressive and I chose to only buy the state minimums (TX) to cut some cost for my budget.

    However, I feel like I'm not prepared to drive that well in a big city and I'm a bit worried that I'll get into an accident.

    What's the recommended policy that I should get for my car if I'm afraid that I'll eventually get into an accident?

    I plan on keeping this car for a considerable amount of time.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/fixtheschedules
    [link] [comments]

    Car insurance - incident but not accident

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 09:38 AM PST

    Hello reddit, I required roadside assistance twice in only 4 months due to a flat tire both times. This are both recorded as an incident. One time I hit something in the road, but no damage to the car. Another was literally a flat tire. Will these go on my record as accidents either for financial reasons or background driving check reasons?

    submitted by /u/OhmyGODitstheUSSR
    [link] [comments]

    i signed up for cobra but can't find the website to log in

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 09:35 AM PST

    So back when I left my job, I got documents via mail to elect for COBRA which I did. But I can't find the website now to log back in and pay my premium and to view what I elected for. Does anyone have the website?

    submitted by /u/ElderberrySea2575
    [link] [comments]

    ProPublica are doing investigative journalism on flood insurance in Louisiana. If you can help, click thru:

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 09:21 AM PST

    Insurance question

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 09:12 AM PST

    Can you have MEDICAID Insurance with secondary Insurance from your employer

    submitted by /u/fun222ipad
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment