• Breaking News

    Friday, February 11, 2022

    Accounting No one wants to work. Our turnover is terrible.

    Accounting No one wants to work. Our turnover is terrible.


    No one wants to work. Our turnover is terrible.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 04:18 PM PST

    So rare

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 04:28 PM PST

    Performance bonus going in 3, 2, 1

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 04:22 PM PST

    Big Money!

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 12:03 PM PST

    KPMG Canada announces 4 day work week for July and August 2022

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 09:56 AM PST

    Announced this morning in a Canada-wide town hall. Every Friday in the summer is an additional paid day off (not taken from vacation). Pretty nice tbh but my summer clients are going to hate me.

    submitted by /u/Butters055
    [link] [comments]

    Well fuck

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 07:02 PM PST

    Me, as a first-year senior, showing the associate how to perform internal control testing procedures on a new client.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 10:35 PM PST

    Professionals have standards!

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 02:26 PM PST

    It’s not that serious

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 06:59 PM PST

    B4 Auditor > investment banker at boutique firm. I realized that there are more hardasses in PA than actual finance

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 12:18 PM PST

    In audit, I had managers who acted like they were Gordon Gekko and had an ego to boot. Seniors I worked with seemed to act like they were above people and literally had me do stuff like get coffee. Maybe a fluke in my experience, but I definitely got a vibe that they watched too much Billions or something. I went into advisory and same deal

    Cut to 2 years later, I'm at a boutique investment bank (where everyone has the stereotype that it's a dog-eat-dog cutthroat culture) and literally everybody is like a chill cool nerd, even the higher ups. Nobody cares about wearing suits or cuff links, they just want you to make the damn deck and make the model tie out so we can get this deal done and stop pulling all nighters

    Moral of the story: managers, please stop trying to make the office an HBO finance show. Work is work and we all are just sentient meat bags on a floating rock

    submitted by /u/jauhassaa
    [link] [comments]

    When the partner asks you why something doesn't balance after he told you to make changes . Lmao as if I know jack s***.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 11:06 AM PST

    Why do companies do layoffs and then hire replacements the next quarter? I would assume that is more costly?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 09:49 PM PST

    No, don't send me your PBC.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 01:33 PM PST

    I am drowning in work now. You can keep your PBCs. I don't want it. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/big-4-survivor
    [link] [comments]

    Received the worst review of my career?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 08:28 PM PST

    Ive recently been confirmed as a junior auditor at a big 4. Ive had two accounting jobs prior to this and the comments I've received on my performance are the worst I've ever had. I'm shocked that they didnt fire me after. I was told I dont ask questions, that I dont take ownership of my work and that I'm disorganized. I know these aren't the worst things that they could say but for the amount of effort I put in I'm really disappointed that this is how people view me.

    submitted by /u/IllierateKitn
    [link] [comments]

    Is this awkward?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 03:43 PM PST

    Okay, hear me out. I have never seen a company record a Dr. Prepaid expenses/Cr. Accounts payable until now. I just had this thought of "this is awkward." I might be overthinking it, but is this even a thing? They did this on the last day of the month and reversed it on the 1st of the following month, then, the actual invoice came in during said month. I just wanted to ask if this is a thing, and if I've been under a rock this whole time?

    submitted by /u/KamelNova
    [link] [comments]

    Interviewers email

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 06:53 PM PST

    I don't have the email of the hiring manager I interviewed with, only the hr staff department that setup the meeting. I had my interview today and was looking to send a thank you email. I noticed all the emails I received from this company are in this format- first letter of first name, followed by last name and @company name. Would it be weird for me to just plug her name in this way and send the email? Or should I wait until someone actually gives it to me. I don't want to wait and the interview definitely wasn't my best so I don't want to miss on this part. Thanks I'm advance

    submitted by /u/gubbagubs
    [link] [comments]

    we can all stop stressing, accounting is fake

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 04:04 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment