• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 30, 2021

    Was rear ended, have a few questions? please help Insurance

    Was rear ended, have a few questions? please help Insurance


    Was rear ended, have a few questions? please help

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 03:45 PM PST

    I was rear ended while being at a full stop waiting for a green light. The insurance of the person that hit me (AAA) has accepted liability. Accident happened on Nov 10th in CA.

    Took car to a body shop to get an estimate and body shop sent all the information to AAA.

    Now my questions:

    What happens next? Do I need to call them to see what the next step is or do they contact me?

    Can I ask insurance for the money instead of fixing my car?

    I got whiplash pretty hard but they never asked me what happened during the accident, can I ask them for compensation or is it too late?

    Sorry for all the questions, I have never been in an accident and don't know how the process works.

    Thanks in advance for all your help.

    submitted by /u/Fuscaoctopus
    [link] [comments]

    Diminished value on rental car accident

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 04:50 PM PST

    So you know how people think they're covered by their own insurance on rental car? It depends...

    Was rear-ended in rental car by a dude drinking a white Russian from a can at noon. Of course he's uninsured. Accident was in ID, but I live in CA.

    My insurance paid for the rental vehicle damage out of my collision coverage, and the deductible was covered by my uninsured motorist coverage. However, the rental company is also demanding "diminished value" ($6k) and "loss of use" ($3k). My insurance says they only cover physical damage, so those are excluded. (My insurance also told me that if it was my fault then my coverage would pay.)

    But wait! I rented with AMEX! That secondary coverage also excludes DV but might cover loss of use if the rental company provides documentation, which I'm told they often don't.

    Anyone have experience with this? Can I fight with my insurance to pay? Negotiate with the rental company? Suing the at-fault driver would just waste a money on a lawyer. (Could win a judgement, but no possibility of collecting from the driver.)

    submitted by /u/Blue_52_Red
    [link] [comments]

    Does it make sense to claim minor tire damage from a pothole on car insurance? (PA, USA)

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 04:29 PM PST

    I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I tried searching and didn't find much of an answer.

    I have a 2014 Toyota Prius C and State Farm comprehensive/collision insurance ($500 deductible). I hit a pothole about 60 miles away from home on Sunday and damaged my front passenger side wheel.

    The rim is bent out less than an inch in a 3 inch span, and the hubcap popped off. The tire might be in good shape still, but I'll know more when my mechanic gets back to me with the assessment and quote. I am optimistic that it will actually cost less than my deductible.

    Barring any more extensive damage, would it even make sense to file a claim for this? Do I need to?

    submitted by /u/kaydunlap
    [link] [comments]

    Scheduling My test

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 04:12 PM PST

    I'm Trying to schedule My Adjusters Property and Casualty Exam with Prometric but their website is being so messed up and I've also tried contacting them so many times but they fail to answer and respond, does anyone have advice?

    submitted by /u/EllaRose271
    [link] [comments]

    Got in an accident in someone else’s car. Does it go on my record and do I need to notify my insurance of the accident?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 03:46 PM PST

    Got in an accident in my sister's car. She's covered for collision with anyone that drives her vehicle. I was found at fault and am wondering if I have to notify my own insurance or if they will find out. I know my sister's rates might go up, but will my insurance rates go up as well? And if we were to look for coverage somewhere else, is the accident on my record, my sister's, or both? This happened in California

    submitted by /u/Madvln
    [link] [comments]

    Farmers Insurance keeps ghosting me

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 03:44 PM PST

    Had someone side swiped me and ran on the night before Thanksgiving. All means of contact were greeted by a holiday leave message —- for the entire week.

    Called on Monday. Was told they'd get back to me on the coverage of the damage. Never got a call back. Called again today, and the f*clerks keep telling me to call agents that are not even listed in my insurance and they aren't answering their phones.

    The dent and paint is gonna cost at least $2,500 in damages and I been paying these f*ckers for 210 a month on premium with a 1K deductible.

    Do I have a case for bad faith and if so how do I get a lawyer that will actually take my case seriously?

    submitted by /u/NoSunRiseEver
    [link] [comments]

    Received payout check for roof replacement. Should I proceed with the contractor that assisted with the claim? Or shop around for a better price?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 03:30 PM PST

    Had a substantial hail storm over the summer. Decided to file a claim. Received contact info for a roofer, they inspected and found damage, reported info to my adjuster. My insurance is covering the whole thing, minus deductible. I received my packet in the mail today showing each scope item, line by line, and a check for the replacement amount. (I am assuming they used figures provided by the roofer)

    Would it be worth it to get additional estimates from other contractors? I know you should get at least 3 quotes for projects like this, and I probably already answered my own question. Part of me feels like I can find a better price. The other part of me feels I should count my blessings and move forward with the company that has helped facilitate the process....

    So, internet, what would you do?

    submitted by /u/btween4nd20chracters
    [link] [comments]

    Lemonade insurance run around, anyone have advice?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 03:10 PM PST

    Anyone ever file a claim with this company? I am confused to say the least. I filed a claim and was immediately questioned about the weirdest things like how much cash I have, my bank account, my occupation and income. They were insinuating suspicion without even knowing what happened. Then asked about my history of claims which is one claim throughout my entire life and acted like it was related when it's not. They even asked me why I was logged into my account a few days before my claim when they kept sending me links over and over to download the app and upload some documents

    I'm just wondering if anyone else ever went through anything like this with lemonade insurance and actually had a good outcome. I'm highly offended and upset that I had to explain to a representative that I make X amount of money because I earned a college degree and THATS how I was able to afford to buy the things I own. I earned what I have and shouldn't have to explain that because I filed a claim. It was as if they were trying to say I could not afford the things I own and have receipts for. It's so weird and almost seems unethical but then again I have no experience with insurance claims besides one other time and it went alot differently.

    submitted by /u/BedExotic5307
    [link] [comments]

    How long for insurance to determine who is at fault? I have a witness.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 02:38 PM PST

    I had a lane bully tap my car. He wasn't letting me in his lane. A car in front of him pulled into a driveway so he got stuck behind that car, I entered the lane and was sitting at a stop at a red light. He came up behind me to tailgate me or intimidate me by getting super close with his lights but got to close and swerved to avoid me and hit my left the side of my bumper and left rear wheel. Or maybe he was on his phone?

    He said I hit him, I was sitting at a stop lol. I had a witness give me his info and said he saw the driver speeding up and slowing down and driving aggressively. Then he saw him brake and swerve when he got to close to my car.

    His insurance said I may be at fault because my car had damage on the left side. But I was at a stop at a red light, already merged the lane. Guy was being a bum and tried to tap me I guess. I blocked him in so he wouldn't run and got his info. He didn't have plates or a license but had Geico surprisingly. Anyways Geico isn't doing much. They haven't called me back or even called the witness. What are they waiting for?

    What should I do, wait for them to call me?

    Or should I process a claim with my insurance and get my car fixed and have them go get their money back and my deductible from Geico? Problem is does my premium go up for filing a claim? I am 100% sure I won't be found at fault. It's my word and the witness story vs the other drivers story.

    submitted by /u/Deaththreatz
    [link] [comments]

    Courtesy vehicle damage

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 02:34 PM PST

    Hi y'all My car is being repaired at the body shop and in the meantime, my insurance provided me with a courtesy vehicle rented from Enterprise. I returned the rental today and noticed a small crack on signal light on mirror. Enterprise said they will get it estimated and possibly open a claim with my insurance company. If the damage is below 100$, there is no charge. I was wondering if my Visa credit card can cover this. I didn't pay for the rental (my insurance company did) but i did provide my credit card for the initial deposit. I am subscribed to TD Motor's Club.

    submitted by /u/kleeyorj
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment