• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 4, 2021

    Leave posts removed? Sales and Selling

    Leave posts removed? Sales and Selling


    Leave posts removed?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 10:17 PM PDT

    Most of the new user posts (that are not spam) that get removed are the basic questions. Compensation, books, I'm new or considering sales, etc.

    Should we leave them removed by automod unless contacted by OP?

    The option here is an automod reply with links to search and the r/sales wiki which I have been working on building out.

    I've been approving pretty much everything the past two months to get a gauge of what is replied to and they have super low engagement.

    Link to resources or release it into the sub for a few comments?

    Also, could use some more mods to help, we've grown quite a bit.

    submitted by /u/kpetrie77
    [link] [comments]

    Is a limiting belief in sales "I dont need to talk to them to sell them my product , if they saw my post and they want , they will contact me"?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 09:21 AM PDT

    Hello to everyone! My mother told me this "if they saw my post , they will contact me" She said that because i told her , that i want to sell my product to my friend , and she said that , for me thats a limiting belief , a lack of sales knowledge , and that is assuming that , because the people saw the post of our service , if they dont contact us , is because they dont want our product , that is asumming they dont want it , so , i told her , that doesnt matter if someone saw our post , we can contact him first , to see if they want our service , "aka" selling , selling!!! My mother doesnt know , that what i told her , is called selling , talking to the people to convince them , or at least , to make them wanna buy the product , my mother thinks that the other people have to contact her first , and thats a brutal red flag mistake , because one of the purpose of selling , is to contact first , and not to wait passivelly , until someone reaches us first

    submitted by /u/Agusmarvel96
    [link] [comments]

    Rejected from an SDR role because I'm an "Idea Shaper"?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    Hello everyone! I hope you're all doing well! I just have a quick question...

    So a week ago I had an interview for an SDR role where I would come into the company and create an outbound sales team along with the sales manager. The interview went well (in my opinion) then they went silent for a week and got back to me with this;

    (Person) defined you as "idea shaper", and that's not quite what we're looking for at this very moment.

    What does "Idea Shaper" mean from a sales point of view? Are they trying to say I'm not good at executing tasks or...?

    Thank you in advance :)

    submitted by /u/Nikki_iva
    [link] [comments]

    Need help deciding

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 10:26 AM PDT

    Hello I'm currently a sales consultant with a telecom company I average about 50k a year. I recently have an interview scheduled with AT&T as a field sales rep. I was wondering if anyone knows the average pay would be. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/jogonzalez2780
    [link] [comments]

    Those of you in B2B sales - are your prospects back in the office yet?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 03:15 AM PDT

    ve been trying to get in contact with a couple execs and founders/CEOs in my niche.

    I'm not having luck with email so I'm considering trying direct mail.

    In the past (right up to Covid) a hand addressed envelope that was personally addressed and a one page personalized pitch sent in the mail to the CEO and a couple higher level execs would get me in the door 60% of the time.

    A pitch sent through FedEx had an 80% response rate.

    I'm not exaggerating when I say something as simple as a $7.5 FedEX express envelope made the difference in me getting through to and meetings with execs at billion dollar companies

    Direct mail was always my "secret" method for getting my foot in the door and I know it Sounds weird but I feel naked without it in my Arsenal.

    I'm wondering if CEOs and high level execs are still going to the office occasionally or getting their mail somehow?

    submitted by /u/thesonofnarcs
    [link] [comments]

    I think the whole sales team is quitting....

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 12:37 PM PDT

    Little back story here, I lost an extremely good paying job a few days after Christmas. I accepted the position I am currently in during January and since the beginning of Febraury I have been an outside sales rep for a small print and marketing company in the south.

    There are three full-time sales associates and two who are part time, but fill other roles in the company.

    In this time I have requested roughly 360 estimates and won approximately 40.

    The company has slowly stopped manufacturing their own products, but instead is acting as a broker. That would be fine, but they have a standard markup of 65% (very high in my industry) that they are adding to outsourced production.

    I manage to survive on my base salary, but haven't seen a commission check in months. Our commission is 3.5% of anything over our goal. The company sets our goal and they have set it at what our accounts (including those we inherited) did on average in 2019 (pre-covid).

    Last week we had a sales meeting, we were asked to bring printed reports showing our conversion rate from estimate to job.

    Even with existing clients our average as a group was less than 10%.

    Based on this information we, as a team, requested lower pricing on all missed estimates.

    Our sales manager told all of us, that this is a family owned business and if we didn't like it, we should find someplace else to work.

    This family owned business is a single branch of 8 family owned divisions with around 50 separate locations across all of the service lines.

    It's worth several million dollars.

    The others who were in the meeting with me have called and asked for a letter of recommendation from me.

    Our markup should never exceed 35-40%. Outsourced jobs should be kept within market pricing unless requested by the sales associate.

    I feel I am soiling my reputation by continuing to work here.

    Anyone have any thoughts? Similar experiences?

    submitted by /u/thisisawkward79
    [link] [comments]

    Career Change AFTER sales?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 12:33 PM PDT

    What careers do sales professionals typically go into after they have had enough of the sales profession?

    submitted by /u/bobrossproballer
    [link] [comments]

    Question about leads generation software

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 10:39 AM PDT

    I am creating a forms builder for creating forms that generate leads. I am looking for feedback as to what needs sales people need in gathering leads by forms ?

    submitted by /u/callagg55
    [link] [comments]

    I start as a IT Technical Sales Apprentice in a few weeks, Advice?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 09:04 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, I start as a IT Technical sales apprentice at the end of September and I am wondering if anyone has some good advice for me, people that have been in sales for years weeks or months, things that they wish they knew before they started, things which can help me land more sales and just general things which will help me accelerate and be the best sales person that I possibly can.

    submitted by /u/cszaboo
    [link] [comments]

    Rock and a hard place

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 08:23 AM PDT

    Alright, so I've posted before about wanting to move from B2C sales to B2B, well i finally got an offer and signed it ! It's for a competitor and i would only be selling cell phones to SMB with the territory as the whole state salary 60k+30k OTE and a start date in OCT but my current job reached out the day i got done with my drug test for an AD sales account executive job with similar pay BUT I'd keep my tenure so im really torn between taking the new job with a new company or transferring within our family. The competition that i signed an offer with does have a more clear growth path but they surplus and layoff employees and whole departments more often than my current company. Do y'all have any advice which job would be better? Very similar benefits might i add Tl:dr two job offers one ad sales one mobile sales both B2B hard time choosing which one to pick.

    submitted by /u/bernimac170
    [link] [comments]

    Not checking your phone first thing in the morning

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 07:17 AM PDT

    When you wake up, are you like most and check your phone for all the new updates?

    Well me too if I am not disciplined and it slows my mornings down. My old job was 100% video prospecting on my laptop. Easy not to check my phone, simply don't touch it and work 1-2 hrs first. New job I cold call 8am.

    Trying to think of ways to avoid time wasting. Thought maybe prep for calls on laptop when I first wake up, then don't touch my phone til 7:59am. Might not play out as well as simply not touching my phone.

    What do you do?

    submitted by /u/OwwNowwBrowwnCoww
    [link] [comments]

    How do you deal with a bad sales manager

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 03:47 PM PDT

    My sales manager micromanages a lot and blames me for things a lot.

    submitted by /u/gstroke45
    [link] [comments]

    Comcast sales

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 07:07 AM PDT

    Anybody works for comcast sales? Inbound or outbound ?

    submitted by /u/Ramengobbler69
    [link] [comments]

    Is my touch point sequence too high?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 06:06 PM PDT

    Creating a touch point sequence plan for an interview (SMB market in fintech). For reference, short sales cycle (30 days). Is this too much?

    • Day 1 - Email
    • Day 2 - Call - No VM + Call - Leave VM
    • Day 3 - Connect on LinkedIn
    • Day 4- Call - No VM + Email
    • Day 5 - No contact
    • Day 6 - Call - Leave VM
    • Day 7 - No contact
    • Day 8 - No contact
    • Day 9 - Call - No VM + Email
    • Day 10 - No contact
    • Day 11 - No contact
    • Day 13 - No contact
    • Day 14- Call - Leave VM + Email

    So, in a 2 week period, I would be: - Emailing 4 times - Leaving 3 voicemails - Calling 6 times

    What would you change?

    submitted by /u/Zoombaroomba101
    [link] [comments]

    How to get sales from "zero to one" as a B2B SaaS company founder?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 06:27 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I would really appreciate some advice on how to start up a sales process for a B2B SaaS company. I'm a solo founder who has built a product in the developer tools / API space. I'm really terrible at sales, but I also don't really know how to get the ball rolling and find someone to help. I'm not really familiar with sales or the different roles (SDR, BDR, AE, etc.) This is for a bootstrapped company where I'm going for a more "sustainable" style and growing at a slower pace. However, that means that I don't have a ton of VC funding to spend. So maybe I need to pay much higher commissions for now.

    If you were in my position, how would you start looking for help with sales? Let me know if you need any more information about my situation.

    submitted by /u/not_a_throwaway_9347
    [link] [comments]

    Website feedback

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 03:02 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, not sure if this is the right place to post this but I am after some feedback on our marketing site. Mainly just, is it clear what we are offering. I know the website is basic for now, but I want to understand if people understand exactly what the product is as we are kind of creating a new category. Appreciate the help.

    You can find the website at useairlock dot com. (I don't think links are well received on Reddit are they?)

    submitted by /u/Snoo-99604
    [link] [comments]

    Did college matter for sales?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 07:03 PM PDT

    I am currently going to community and I work at a kiosk and do completely commission based sales and I really enjoy it. I don't think this is my permanent stop but what does sales look like post college degree? What degree did you get if any? Any advice?

    submitted by /u/Safe_Requirement3269
    [link] [comments]

    When do I have success?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 01:42 PM PDT

    I've been in sales going on 4 months now since graduating college. This shits tough- I want to be like the people in here earning 100k+ a year but I'm very far away from that. In Software sales in a pretty niche market. Small sales team and I fear making cold calls in front of one of my piers who's suppose to be helping me learn because he seems to always make fun of my mistakes. Just need to know what my future in sales looks like as it's hard to see the silver lining. OTE ~65k but I won't be close to that without drastic improvements in numbers.

    Edit: B2B just to add more info

    submitted by /u/Mystical_Bologna
    [link] [comments]

    How do you tell if a sales organization is toxic?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 01:49 PM PDT

    My manager has been extremely supportive, so thankfully that's not the problem. The company I work for does have an office politics problem though. Divided loyalties, divided chains of command, and me, the lowly SDR caught in the middle.

    It's bad enough that my own manager has contemplated leaving. My own inclination is to tough it out as I would prefer not to reset the SDR clock at my age (33), but obviously I don't want to waste my time either. So far it's not impacted my work other than making calls every once in a while awkward, but it's definitely getting worse as time goes on.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/space_ghost20
    [link] [comments]

    B2B - Having difficulties. Can I get you opinion?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 04:34 PM PDT

    I work for a company that sells sushi. More precisely, we sell a sushi kiosk, include the sushi chef, and all the procurement (ingredients, sushi trays, etc). We sell the whole turn-key solution. All we need from a food venue (grocery store, corporate cafeteria, etc) is a small area of floor space, and some minimal space for storage.

    Our customers are primarily supermarkets. And we are trying to get into corporate headquarters, etc.

    The competition is everywhere, so the people to market are (1) terribly specific, and (2), very small an audience.

    How the hell do I even begin pitching this? In my previous job, I sold individual SKUS like gang-busters. But this is an entire operation I'm selling. The sales process takes SO long, and I have to fight through far more gatekeepers than I'm used to.

    Any suggestions on how to better tackle this?

    I also hate the disadvantage of not having social media to sell this. I was very active online, but the decision makers are grocery store managers who don't even used LinkedIn or any platforms.

    Any thoughts are welcomed. I just need some creative juices flowing in my head.

    submitted by /u/MNcuriosity
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment