• Breaking News

    Sunday, September 5, 2021

    As a customer, would you care about this? small business

    As a customer, would you care about this? small business


    As a customer, would you care about this?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 11:25 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I'm 21 and looking to start my own party hire business. I'm going to start off with renting hot tubs and then expand into other things if it goes well.

    My one problem is the car I drive (Toyota Yaris). Everything will fit into it ok but i'm just worried about appearances when I drop off the items for hire.

    Would you care seeing a 21 year old rocking up in a Yaris to rent you a hot tub? I'll have a nice website and branding so i'm just wondering if having all that and then going to the hire in a banger of a car would matter to people.

    Appreciate any input.

    submitted by /u/Due_Ad4075
    [link] [comments]

    Starting a Freelance Business with a Partner

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 10:16 PM PDT

    Hi! I have almost no idea about how any of this works legally and would love some advice, I've read quite a few different things and I'm still pretty confused and would love if someone could point me in the right direction!

    Basically:

    Me and a colleague are looking to start a freelance business together, it would just be us. Would we register this as an LLP?

    The freelance work is all digital and can be done from home. We also live in different states. Will this affect anything legally?

    I am also curious as I can't find an answer on whether it is legal to run a business without an office space. Even though all the work is completely digital.

    submitted by /u/boburnhamscat
    [link] [comments]

    Starting a radio station

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 05:32 PM PDT

    I want to start a radio station in my area in a few years. I think it would help add to the culture of this small town that's rapidly growing. Their are many young people that would tune in. I'd play classic east coast rap and underground electronic music.

    Wondering where some resources are to look into this.

    submitted by /u/Bonkeydongz92
    [link] [comments]

    Can I get a business loan with bad credit?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 09:08 PM PDT

    Is this possible? What other options are there?

    submitted by /u/ayodoge1
    [link] [comments]

    What would you find valuable?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 05:57 PM PDT

    What free value can a graphic designer offer? Marketers and consultants usually offer free pdf's or free sessions. Can a graphic designer do something similar? What would you find helpful?

    submitted by /u/Melvinak
    [link] [comments]

    Tech Q&A

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 02:39 AM PDT

    Hi guys. I am a founder of a tech firm, with a skew towards ERPs. We have only been active for a couple of months now. We are having a free-consult wing this week.

    I'll answer all smaller queries today and keep the longer ones for the workdays. If you have a tech idea and want to evaluate its feasibility, are stuck in ideas' execution, need any tech guidance, or just need a second opinion, feel free to ask.

    Comment below for smaller queries and I'll answer them.

    For longer discussions, you can arrange a meeting on the weekdays, free of charge ofc.

    https://calendly.com/asknamer/15min

    Note: It might take some time to answer the comments so please be patient as this is also taking place on FB too. Please keep most of the discussion in the comments so that others can benefit from and participate in the discussion too. Only pm me small queries if they are that confidential.

    submitted by /u/AskNamer
    [link] [comments]

    Leasing a commercial retail property.

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 09:12 PM PDT

    We are looking at getting a physical store front. I have a few questions about commercial leasing. If landlord offers TI allowance, who pays for it? Also, if rent abatement common? Could I negotiate the first few months free to get things up and running? What is full build out? What's the best lease option NNN, gross and why? Also, if any of you have time can you share your experience and your offer you took in your first space? Thank you all!

    submitted by /u/ayodoge1
    [link] [comments]

    The best way to respond to a competitors taunt?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 11:45 AM PDT

    Hi, my husband and I own a small natural and organic wine shop & wine bar in a southern state. We moved here about a year ago from Los Angeles after living there for 20+ years. My family moved to this Southern state about 15 years ago so we moved here to be closer to them....We've been open for 6 months as of last week. Things are going well. People seem to like us and the community we opened in has been very welcoming. Recently a well-funded and very popular local chain of coffee places has expanded into wine. They have added a wine program to their coffee bars/ cocktail bar and opened a small wine bar about two blocks away from us. They are also opening a cafe and gourmet market that will include a natural wine inventory a couple villages away from us. Needless to say they have plenty of money and we are small potatoes comparatively. What we have going for us is my husband's sommelier status, our research and knowledge about the wines we sell and our very personable selves. But really, we are a minuscule operation with 4 staff members including the owners... So imagine my surprise when I was strolling through Instagram this morning and saw that they had posted a short video of one of their new cafe dishes being constructed with the caption: Their southern village > Los Angeles .. There was nothing else in the caption. This feels like a dig at us which seems shockingly hostile as it completely "others" us from the community at large. We have always been very open as to where we came from and why we moved here: to be close to our family and quite frankly we couldn't have afforded to do this project in Los Angeles without taking on massive debt and/or investors.

    ANYWAY, I'm so sorry this is so long, we are just in a little bit of shock to be singled out like this. It feels so petty and shitty on their part I can't imagine how that caption got past all their people.

    My question is this: Do we respond to this baiting and if we should, how do we respond?

    Opening our business has been the scariest and most rewarding thing we've ever done and I need opinions from other small business owners.

    Thanks so much.

    submitted by /u/Yourmomswinecharm
    [link] [comments]

    (USA) I am a small business LLC owner, I forgot to file my form 1065, how do I file this after the fact and is there any way to not get a giant fine?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 11:32 AM PDT

    Any info about best ways to file my 1065 and add it to the taxes I already submitted (used Turbotax but printed and sent by mail to the IRS) would be super helpful. It's me and one other partner but I am the majority owner of the business. I had no idea a 1065 existed as this is my first year filing my personal and business taxes alone.

    If you can ELI5 as much as possible that would be great as im quite a rookie but any response is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Hamsterupyourass
    [link] [comments]

    Sales figure discrepancy

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 11:38 PM PDT

    Hi all, I am a member of an llc which has had no sales but I checked my experian score and it shows sales of about 500K with 4 employees. I'm wondering what does this mean, could this be a simple mistake or someone is using the llc to conduct business fraudulently? What are my next steps?

    submitted by /u/Imaginary-Driver-767
    [link] [comments]

    Scared of burn out, but wanting to start a business.

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 02:50 PM PDT

    I'm female and 25, I live in Sweden.
    I have really easy getting burned out, I cant even keep up my hobbies more than a month then I get extremely anxious of everything I normally enjoy.

    I couldn't even complete school because of the severe lack of energy, soo I've been on long term sick leave for 7 years. Finally I start to feel like I have a bit more energy and I want to earn a more livable income.

    I want to start a business in selling crafts, but I'm so nervous I wont make it... reading things in this subreddit it seems like people who can manage the stress of owning a business are people who have worked 7 days a week since they were 16 :I

    submitted by /u/DR00Lz-artz
    [link] [comments]

    GUYS HELP about shipping

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 03:55 PM PDT

    I've been studying my country's shipping sheet for hours and I still don't know what shipping method to choose. Please help.. 1. First shipping method: you have to sign in order to receive the package , which means that if you aren't at home, the postman won't leave it at your house and you will have to go to the post office to take it . So the con is that the costumer will have to go all the way to the post office, or have to stress about being at home all day so that they don't miss the package when it comes. (Happens to me) I remembered packages that came to me and only a very few required a signature from me, the others don't even check my ID, they just ring my bell, hand it over and leave.

    1. Second shipping method is just to receive a tracking code, they won't ask for any signature, but the con here is that, what if the postman leaves it at the person's house and someone takes it? What do I do then? So I feel kinda unsafe with that one..but I noticed that most parcels coming to me don't ask me to sign (like I said before).

    What do you guys do exactly?

    Both have pretty similar prices, the first is a little bit more expensive because it has tracking code too (like 2 in 1). I don't know how things abroad work with parcels, and if it's safe to just leave it at someone's door (I live in Greece and I'm planning to ship inside Europe). I also thought that, since someone has the tracking code, they can check where about is the parcel at, and wait for that day in order to take it quickly so no one steals it.

    I hope this wasn't confusing..just tell me how you ship basically

    Thanks for ur time reading this, I hope ur business flourishes ❤️

    submitted by /u/nattocatto00
    [link] [comments]

    PLEASE DON'T VISIT THIS WEBSITE!!

    Posted: 05 Sep 2021 03:42 AM PDT

    If you want to build & launch your own eCommerce store, please don't go to this website. https://easyorder.digital/shop/

    submitted by /u/newaaaa
    [link] [comments]

    Quarterly taxes - 2 businesses, 1 new. What's owed?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 08:41 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I started a business last year, and one this year. The previous year's business was profitable and this will now be it's second year in operations. The new one is profitable as well, but it will be the first year in operations.

    From what i've read, I should be paying estimated taxes on the business started last year as it's no longer the first year in business & previous year's taxes are available. Does this mean the new business would only be subject to quarterly taxes next year? The money is being put aside regardless, but i would prefer to wait until the end of the year if that's an option.

    Thank you for the help!

    submitted by /u/u_no_me_bro
    [link] [comments]

    Need help bringing in sales for small business

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 08:21 PM PDT

    Open to any suggestions or direction, thank you!

    submitted by /u/Tiffapiff
    [link] [comments]

    Owner wages

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 07:57 PM PDT

    I always hear about employees not being paid enough, as if the small business owner is making a fortune. What do you think a proper employee-employer pay ratio would be? Should the owner make double an employee since he takes 100% of the risks?

    submitted by /u/Randominterests2019
    [link] [comments]

    Need Advice on Product Pricing

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 03:53 PM PDT

    I'm about to launch an online business and a conversation with someone recently has confused me on what I have been previously told by a business coach.

    So someone told me to post my products at $10 because my cost of goods are $8. My profit will then be $2. I looked it up and this is said to be the correct way to price products. A couple months ago, I talked to a business coach and they told me something different. She told me to price my products at $18 so that I will cover the cost of goods I just bought ($8) and be able to buy more goods in the future ($8) and still settle at $2 profit.

    Which is the best way to go? If I go the first way, how do I buy the goods again when the profit is too low to rebuy? I'm so confused. Help!

    submitted by /u/misspatb
    [link] [comments]

    Re-branding and changing name, good or bad? Opinions please!

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 08:37 AM PDT

    Hi! I have a small florist business, for 9 years now, I do ok, there's me no 2 full time members off staff. I opened when I was 19, there was a florist there previously and my parents who helped me set up told me to keep the same name to potentially keep some of the local business. It's old fashioned and feel like it doesn't represent me. Next year I will have had the business for 10 years, I'm not sure whether it's a good idea to totally rebrand and change the business name to something that's more "me" and reflects who I am as a business, or if I your opinion would damage my business(why fix something that's not broken?) I just feel like sometimes the shop isn't mine, due to its name not reflecting me if that makes sense. Thanks !

    submitted by /u/LunaAndFern
    [link] [comments]

    Best domains for small tech business?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 07:10 PM PDT

    What's your opinion on the best domain names for small tech businesses? .io seems popular, but do you think that's the 'in' thing?

    submitted by /u/GlennieHodnett
    [link] [comments]

    Swipe Clock and Keeping up with Staff questions.

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 11:48 AM PDT

    Hi!

    I am helping a friend out with her small business. She currently uses paper time sheets and My Pay Solutions to pay staff. She decided she wanted to go digital because she's tired of people not signing in and out.

    So does anyone use Swipe Clock? Pros and Cons?

    Does this platform keep track of absences and why they were out ? She gives them a set number of days but that always seems to crumble. Is there anything that keeps track of that or is an excel sheet my best bet?

    She usually has under 15 employees and does not use quickbooks .

    TIA

    submitted by /u/rainbowbritexx
    [link] [comments]

    Companies to help pack and distribute your products?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 10:07 AM PDT

    Just wondering, what if you have more orders than you can manage to pack and ship off on your own? who would you typically outsource this job to?

    Currently my own house is my warehouse (I sell books) and I pack everything myself and I ship them off, but I also have a day job and this small business is more of a side project of mine. So what if I want to keep this business running, but can't really handle the logistics part of it myself anymore - Is it a thing to rent an actual warehouse space to send my stock to and then hire a team to do the packaging and distributing for me? What sort of service is that, and what should I google to find one around my area?

    submitted by /u/juju_yj
    [link] [comments]

    Best place to make custom stickers and thank you cards?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 11:13 AM PDT

    - Good prices

    - Quality

    - Customization (holographic, white, gold, etc.)

    What are your favorite places to get branded items like stickers and cards and why?

    submitted by /u/alteregoai
    [link] [comments]

    worker shortage technology solution? no more cashiers?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 08:47 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I own a business where all I need is one cashier to checkout customers in a small pet supply store. With the current labor shortage I wish there was a way I could not have to worry about hiring someone and just have technology do the task instead where you can open a store and customers just walk in, check out, and leave with no need for an employee.

    submitted by /u/ovopapi
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for someone with experience creating their own skincare/personal cleansing brand

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 04:21 PM PDT

    Some basic background about me: I'm a 21 year old guy who during the course of the pandemic has become increasingly passionate about skincare and overall personal wellness. Through my own experiences, I've found multiple niches I'd like to target by developing my own skincare brand. My only issue is, I have no experience with business besides a short-lived dropshipping business I attempted. I've been doing some research, but I'd love to be able to speak with someone who has experienced starting their own skincare brand.

    My main questions are regarding:

    How to find labs and what to look out for when dealing with them

    Startup costs

    Experience required in selecting ingredients

    Freedom in selecting ingredients with labs

    Testing/trials

    Legal/procedural information

    And finally marketing and scaling

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/CaptainMagma48
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment