• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 3, 2020

    Stock Market - Anyone else hate the articles that say "If you bought $10,000 worth of x stock in x year, it would be worth this much today"

    Stock Market - Anyone else hate the articles that say "If you bought $10,000 worth of x stock in x year, it would be worth this much today"


    Anyone else hate the articles that say "If you bought $10,000 worth of x stock in x year, it would be worth this much today"

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 09:09 AM PDT

    These articles are great for anyone that owns a time machine, otherwise they're just are a useless article. Anyone can look at a 5y or all time chart, see what the stock was trading back then and figure out what's it worth today. It's not like the author picked the stock in that year so what's the point??

    submitted by /u/tradewithmiller
    [link] [comments]

    What is your biggest loss?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 05:52 PM PDT

    So like many WSB a****** I made some insane money during the whole COVID fiasco.

    I think at one point I was +65-70k in around a two month period and I didn't even time it perfect with the bottom like a lot of you guys did.

    Then about a month ago I decided to do some risky plays (the oldest story in the books).

    I got caught in the oil dip along with some other things and quickly lost 60k -_-

    I got to enjoy life changing money and within a very short period got to see it fall through my fingers..

    So what have been some of your biggest losses and what is the story about it, or the biggest losses you have heard of and seen from friends and family (not just rumors).

    This should be entertaining Lol

    submitted by /u/Godkingcoconut
    [link] [comments]

    Most Anticipated Earnings Releases for the week beginning October 5th, 2020

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 03:45 AM PDT

    Are EV stocks in a bubble?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 07:37 PM PDT

    I'm just wondering what you guys think. I'm new to investing/trading.

    Right now EV companies are being hyped big time. Maybe people are pumping too much money into them on wishful thinking. I'm thinking a reality will set in where people start to realize these companies arent gonna take over the auto world overnight and people will slowly start to dump these stocks.

    Being that I'm a beginner though, I have no idea if my hunch is a good one. What do you guys think about EV stocks? Should I buy?

    submitted by /u/Greybore
    [link] [comments]

    Inital Public Offer (beginner’s questions)

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 07:22 PM PDT

    Hello guys, I'm kind of new to this, so sorry about my ignorance about this topics. So when a company is formed, multiple people enter with some capital, which will dictate the percentage of the company each one owns. But when the company has the Inital Public Offering, whose stock is being sold? Is it the stock of the people who formed the company? If so, shouldn't the money go to the person who formed the company instead of to the company?

    submitted by /u/mtmtmtmt123
    [link] [comments]

    Technical indicators for several European markets

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 07:00 PM PDT

    Hi Everyone,

    I have been stock trading as a hobby for a while now and I always used Finviz because it had very nice charts for US stocks. Due to the timezone that I live in it was more convenient for me to trade European stocks and I was unable to find comparable chart sites for Europe.

    To that end, I have been developing one for personal usage, and today I have decided I wanted to put it open to public. I would like to know how much interest there would be for this and whether I should continue putting effort into it.

    https://euroscreener.com/

    I understand that technical information is useless without fundamentals, but that information is currently not available to me and I am undecided whether I want to add that, since my tool focuses on technicals in particular.

    Please be brutally honest on whether you think this is useful/useless, and any feedback is welcome.

    submitted by /u/AggroBird
    [link] [comments]

    Have a look at a different portfolio

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 01:56 PM PDT

    6.82 % MA
    5.17 % CLNX
    4.90 % LSE
    4.87 % HLMA
    4.65 % CSU
    4.52 % ASML
    4.45 % RBT
    4.34 % MSCI
    4.21 % FB
    4.16 % LONN
    4.08 % CTAS
    4.07 % NFLX
    3.87 % ADBE
    3.77 % EQIX
    3.61 % ORSTED
    3.50 % TMO
    3.11 % IDXX
    2.99 % TEAM
    2.95 % AME
    2.74 % ALESK
    2.73 % VAR1
    2.68 % LOW
    2.64 % AMD
    2.40 % AMZN
    2.09 % 4519
    1.98 % NOW
    1.65 % PYPL
    1.05 % VXX Short

    submitted by /u/theosjbcfh
    [link] [comments]

    Little Question on Sectors

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 05:34 PM PDT

    I'm attempting to backtest a few strategies to see how they work within certain sectors. This might be a super dumb question, but would it be fair to say that the ETFs that represent the sectors and the stocks that make up the largest market caps in the sector determine the overall sentiment in that sector?

    submitted by /u/STONKS_
    [link] [comments]

    Emergency fund in VMFXX?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 04:43 PM PDT

    I currenty keep my emergency fund at Marcus earning .60%

    Thinking of moving it to my standard brokerage account and putting it all in VMFXX. Good idea? Bad idea? About the same?

    submitted by /u/Tiamold
    [link] [comments]

    Rate my Young Portfolio, 19 yo

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 04:16 AM PDT

    Hi, here is my young portfolio started 2 months ago. I'm 19 years old, starting investing, increasing my credit score and trying to be intelligent in life.

    I have about 151 Air Canada stocks, bought 70% cheaper than pre-covid.

    25 Coca-Cola stocks bought 16% cheaper than pre-covid. Great way to build dividends IMO.

    30 Scotia Bank stocks bought 27% cheaper than pre-covid. Again, great dividend, about 6.41%.

    For a portfolio started 2 months ago by a 19 yo I think it's okay. I'm planning on buying more Scotia Bank and Coca-Cola stocks to build a more dividends oriented portfolio.

    I'm open to criticism, advices and your comments!

    submitted by /u/Jerethy
    [link] [comments]

    Portfolio

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 09:01 AM PDT

    So this is obviously tech heavy, but honestly backtesting it vs something more diversified and with the current outlook I'm still not convinced about diversifying. I'm 26 atm, and I'm planning to hold for 20+ years. I do see myself putting 30% into VOO 5+ years down the line

    What do you guys think?

    - %
    QQQ 23%
    ARKK 21%
    AMZN 15%
    MSFT 11%
    AAPL 11%
    ARKW 5%
    GOOG 3%
    ARKF 3%
    HYLN 3%
    FB 3%
    TSLA 3%
    NVDA 2%
    submitted by /u/Kwtop
    [link] [comments]

    Rate my portfolio

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 09:34 AM PDT

    60% spaq

    30% rkt

    10% vale

    Looking for short term , high reward !!! Was doing great but kind of considered about everyone's overreactions to everything everyday 🤬🤬🤬 weak hands having investors. Currently up 60%

    submitted by /u/jamzkourt
    [link] [comments]

    Fuv Price targets for 2025?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 10:05 PM PDT

    I really like the arcimoto($Fuv) company. Other than , Tesla and nio. I think Fuv is a great electric mobility company. I invested in them early may around 2$. I was just wondering where you guys think the stock could go up in 5 years. My prediction is 20-30$. Would love to here your thoughts:)

    submitted by /u/Alexbabylon
    [link] [comments]

    Zero dollar stocks

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 07:00 AM PDT

    Recently I found that some stocks are just worthless and don't even have fractions of a penny of a value they are usually OTC stocks and I was wondering can you just get infinite shares for free?

    submitted by /u/Help_me_with_stocks
    [link] [comments]

    Venezuela Trials Crypto Powered Decentralized Stock Exchange

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:55 PM PDT

    Venezuela's National Securities Superintendency has given the go-ahead for a 90-day pilot of a crypto-powered "decentralized stock exchange" dubbed BDVE in the country that aims to have a global reach despite international sanctions. The platform's operating manual notes that the securities traded on the platform will comprise ERC-223 or ERC-721 tokens, or a third "packable" token. While the document does not contain the word Ethereum, use of the popular Ethereum (ETH) token standards suggests that the platform may be built on Ethereum.

    Venezuela Trials Crypto Powered Decentralized Stock Exchange

    submitted by /u/KarinHernandez
    [link] [comments]

    Rate my portfolio

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 06:11 AM PDT

    Tesla: 21.46% (I'm gonna sell some of it in the future)

    Delta Airlines: 10.35% (bought in a wrong time, gonna sell a part of it)

    Apple: 9.89%

    Intel: 8.63%

    Nvidia: 8.63%

    NIO: 5.50%

    Facebook: 5.18%

    Microsoft: 5.18%

    Amazon: 5.18%

    Canadian Solar: 5.18%

    Zoom: 4.43% (short term position)

    Beyond Meat: 4.31%

    Alibaba: 3.45%

    Boeing: 2.67%

    submitted by /u/Gabriele25
    [link] [comments]

    Confused about the market as a new investor

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 10:12 PM PDT

    Everyone and every news publication is saying the market is down because of trump getting covid. I'm confused about this because how does this change the fundamentals of companies like Tesla, apple, or literally any company for performing well or not?

    submitted by /u/Alexbabylon
    [link] [comments]

    Donald Trump contracting Covid does not effect the stock market. Do not be fooled!

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 09:00 AM PDT

    As the title says. This is absolutely rediculous. I get reports in the morning and then the afternoon says "stocks have returned near back to normal." There is not always a reason for the market to move. Stop looking for a reason.

    submitted by /u/Double_Joseph
    [link] [comments]

    What is george soros investing in right now?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 08:56 PM PDT

    Since I know this guy always wins, I want to know what shares he bought. Where can I see that?

    I want to copy all their movements. At the moment I would like to know in what type of actions you invest and if any of you have tried to imitate it. What other curiosities do you know about him. My dream as a child was to be a speculator on the stock market.

    HERO23%

    IPO31%

    SO11.5%

    SMOG20%

    DIVO15%

    submitted by /u/Jennifer-Sir-63
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment