• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 3, 2020

    Personal Finance Got a $5,077.90 hospital bill and they are unwilling to work with me. I have no insurance; my wife and I are seasonal workers at retail and they and we pay daycare. Can't afford this.

    Personal Finance Got a $5,077.90 hospital bill and they are unwilling to work with me. I have no insurance; my wife and I are seasonal workers at retail and they and we pay daycare. Can't afford this.


    Got a $5,077.90 hospital bill and they are unwilling to work with me. I have no insurance; my wife and I are seasonal workers at retail and they and we pay daycare. Can't afford this.

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 11:31 AM PDT

    So about a month ago I was at work and started feeling sharp pains in my side. Walked myself to the Urgent Care. They called me an ambulance as they said it could be a kidney stone or appendicitis and both were life-threatening.

    The ambulance company sent me documentations to see if I qualify for full or partial write-off, which I appreciated.

    The hospital however, sent me a bill of $5,077.90... and after I told them that I have no insurance; that wife and I are SEASONAL workers in retail and that Unemployment completes my income; that we pay daycare; their reply was "best we can do is take 35% off for self-pay".

    I asked if there was anything that I can do to qualify for a lower amount, any charity programs.

    "Nope."

    Now I've read of people on this sub that have managed to reduce a hospital bill of this amount to about $500. But this hospital doesn't seem to be willing to work with me at all.

    I appreciate all help and advice.

    EDIT: Updated link with ITEMIZED BILL.

    EDIT 2: Wow! I am truly blessed to be overwhelmed by so much support! Thank you all for the advice and care. Also thanks for the upvotes and awards!

    EDIT 3 on Seasonal Work:

    So I got a lot of questions as to why my wife and I don't have full-time jobs. I'll gladly share my story and try to not make it too lengthy.

    My wife and son are Brazilian immigrants. I finally managed to bring them here in March 2019. It took nearly a year for my wife to get her Greengard and, thus, be eligible to work in the US.

    In January of this year I got fired from my dream job, where I earned $45,000/year.

    I picked up my old job at retail (Best Buy) of $15/hr and I was labeled as SEASONAL in the system, since no part-time or full-time positions were open.

    Then covid came and I got furloughed.

    After 3 months, I was called back still as SEASONAL. However now, there's even less chances of Part-Time or Full-Time positions being open. Meanwhile, my wife got hired at Marshalls at $10/hour.

    We've been searching high and low for better jobs and have been going to interviews, but, as usual, all we hear is "we'll let you know either way."

    I hope this clarifies some.

    submitted by /u/AdenShadows
    [link] [comments]

    Apparently I opened a 529 investment account for my son 19 years ago. Son died 2 years ago. Not sure what to do?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 04:01 PM PDT

    So I got a notification today in the mail about a 529 college savings account for my son that I must have opened 19 years ago and forgot about. The address they have on file is where i was living in 2001. The notification was from a company called scholar's edge 529. My son, the beneficiary, died by suicide almost 3 years ago. There's a little bit of money in it, under $1000. Not sure how to proceed. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/theghostoftexschramm
    [link] [comments]

    CEO ordered capital one cards in our names for admin, said it may appear on our credit??

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 03:03 PM PDT

    Hi! My CEO just messaged and said he ordered us capital one credit cards in our names (the 4 admin staff) and we are to use them for all business purchases and he will pay it off each month. He said we are "authorized users" and it may show up on our credit reports. What does that mean?? Is it going to hurt me? I'm working on my credit currently and this just sent me into a slight panic. Thanks for helping this credit newb.

    ETA: I called him to clarify information for me: it's a business credit card I'm an authorized user on. So I believe it won't affect my credit score/report. Thankfully

    submitted by /u/princesspeach240
    [link] [comments]

    My landlord is being scammed

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 05:23 PM PDT

    I am at a loss. I have lived with the lady I rent a room. From for 3 years. She is just as much my friend as she is my landlord. She is disabled and has home health aides to help her for 12 hours a day.

    She is being scammed. A bit over a week ago, something happened with her MacBook and that began this ongoing situation. She is convinced that her personal information has been compromised (I have zero doubt it has been). She is also convinced that "Jeff" from Apple support is helping her counteract the hack/identity theft/etc. by going out and buying gift cards (pairs of $500 cards started at $1k, today he asked for $10k). She claims that this money is being put back in her account. I have no way to verify that, however.

    Today her home health aide and I put our foot down and talked to her about the situation. She is refusing to let me go through any of the proper channels (locking credit, contacting her banks and other accounts, etc.). All I have been able to do is contact local police and tell them what is going on. They have agreed to refer the case to adult protective services. Her home health aide also contacted her agency and it sounds like they are doing the same.

    My questions are 1) are there any other legal steps I can take without her consent or cooperation to protect her?

    2) any suggestions for getting through to her to make her recognize this is a scam. I have tried referring her to government resources about gift card scams, I have tried pushing back on her logic and helping her see the very basic isolation strategies "Jeff" has been using on her. I am at a loss. She is absolutely convinced that continuing to purchase these gift cards is the only way to protect herself from further harm, to allow "Jeff" to catch the bad guys, and to make the situation go away.

    EDIT: She has agreed not to have any more contact with "Jeff" and is gradually coming around to talking and letting me take the necessary steps to protect her information. Im guessing that there is a list somewhere of all the things I need to do and how to do them. But I am exhausted so if some kind soul would point me in the right direction, it would be very appreciated.

    submitted by /u/iMerel
    [link] [comments]

    Will taking a $15k loan for a printer affect me negatively?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 04:13 PM PDT

    Hello, recently my family has decided to try and get more money from a side hustle and they are thinking about selling customized t-shirts and stuff. Now they are wanted to use my credit and stuff to apply since they don't have great credit. Now my credit is fair, 644 on fico and 615 on credit wise. I was just wondering if anything bad could come of essentially taking out a loan the worth of a small car in the coming years? We can assume that the payments will be paid on time.

    submitted by /u/artsboi831
    [link] [comments]

    Tax implications of buying a house for your parent to live in rent free?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 04:01 PM PDT

    Is the market value of the rent considered a gift that must be declared if it exceeds the annual exclusion? Do the same rules apply if you just let them live in your home?

    Is anything deductible in this scenario?

    In Texas/US, no state income tax.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/robb0995
    [link] [comments]

    I've paid off 2 credit cards since end of July (went from like 70% utilization to literally 0), and my credit score has gone up...4 points.

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 08:15 PM PDT

    Umm....what?

    Granted I only checked Credit Karma which I know isn't the most accurate, but why has my score not gone up? My account reflects the now zero balance on both cards, but no real score change. High utilization was literally my biggest problem, so what gives? I do still have student loans but both are current so I'm not delinquent on anything. Besides that these 2 CCs are the only other debt I had.

    What else do I need to do? Open another card? (really don't want to), ask for an increase? (do I even qualify since my score hasn't changed much?)

    I don't get it. Help please.

    submitted by /u/mirandawood
    [link] [comments]

    Texas family of 3, I got a new job making a lot more money, now trying to decide whether to rent an apartment or use first time buyer programs to buy a home asap

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 04:52 PM PDT

    We have a 1 year old boy, I just landed my dream job as a web dev in Dallas making $80k/year, and my wife makes $55k. We have both been working to improve our credit from some poor choices made in our early 20's, hers is 700+ now, mine is just now breaking into the 600s.

    We have been living with my father in law for 1.5 years now, since just before our boy was born. The plan was originally just supposed to be 6-8 months while I searched for a job, but COVID did away with those dreams. Now our boy is over 1 year old and we are still room sharing with him, and it is getting extremely difficult.

    Our plan now with the new job was to begin saving very aggressively while living in an apartment down town for a year. We would be paying a premium price (~$2200/month) for safety and closeness to both of our offices for when we go back to in-person working.

    The frustration is, we could easily afford a $350k home and pay substantially less monthly for a mortgage while gaining equity, however we don't have 3.5% or more to put down immediately, and are both still improving our credit scores, hence the apartment route.

    My question is then, are there great programs right now for first time buyers with decent income like ours that I'm not aware of? I see so many options, each with their own caveats, and it is all a bit overwhelming. Is paying towards a 2 bedroom apartment for a year while still saving $2k+ per month an understandable and acceptable route to take, and then purchase when we have $20k-$30k to put down? Or would we be better taking advantage of first time buyer programs to help cover down payment and closing costs to get into an equity position immediately?

    Hope this all makes sense, if I need to clarify anything I'm more than happy to.

    submitted by /u/KnoobLord
    [link] [comments]

    Identity Stolen ~5 years ago. Getting calls from a debt collector.

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 05:34 PM PDT

    Not sure if this is the right place for this or not, but hoping you all can offer me some advice. Sorry for the wall of text, but want to make sure I explain the situation thoroughly.

    About 5 years ago my identity was stolen. An address was added to my credit report, multiple credit cards opened in my name, and 1 loan was taken out for around $3500.

    I filed a police report and went to work getting everything closed out and off my credit report. Everything was pretty easy except for the loan that was taken out. The company seemed somewhat sketchy right off the bat and not only did they give me a hard time closing the account despite having all the proper documentation of identity theft but they would start taking down information from me saying they were going to close the account and then right at the end say "so how do you plan to catch up on the payments".

    Eventually I was able to get the account closed and everything removed from my credit report, or so I thought. Yesterday I received a call from a collection agency trying to confirm who I was with that fake address that was added to my credit report and when I said I've never lived at that address (at this point I hadn't realized who I was talking to) they sent me over to an "account representative"

    I explained that I was a victim of identity theft and am not responsible for the debt and long story short, the collection agency wants me to send them all of my documentation about the identity theft to prove I'm not responsible. I said I won't be doing anything at the moment so I don't accidentally make myself responsible (they got a bit snippy after I said that), took down their contact info, and hung up.

    I've gone through my credit report on credit karma and can't find any traces of this loan on there, no negative remarks, no missed payments or anything related to this.

    So my question is, since it's not on my credit report can I just ignore them? If not is it a good idea to send them the police report stating that I was a victim of identity theft?

    I appreciate any advice you all have, thanks.

    submitted by /u/Cobalt190br
    [link] [comments]

    Transferring from individual to roth account.

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 07:55 PM PDT

    I have already maxed out my roth ira (via vanguard) and am looking at investing an additional 5k. If I put this in an individual investing account can I later transfer it to my roth next year without paying taxes on gains? If I do pay taxes will vanguard just send me a w2 type form next tax season? Thanks for the help.

    Regards

    submitted by /u/fjfjvjfyjjn
    [link] [comments]

    What to do with my old 401K, and why?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 07:51 PM PDT

    Left company a little over a year ago and have around $230K in the old employer 401K.

    Now contributing to new employer's 401K which is with a different bank/brokerage.

    Have not touched the original 401K; not sure what the best thing to do with it would be. Fees YTD for the old 401K are ~$75.

    Leave it? Roll over to an IRA? Something else?

    Bonus points if you can help me understand why a specific option is better than others!

    Thanks everyone!

    submitted by /u/OriginalBat8
    [link] [comments]

    Be sure to change your choice for credit card rewards to reflect your highest-spending category

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 04:54 PM PDT

    If you have a credit card that allows you to choose the shopping category (e.g., gas, dining out, online shopping, etc.) for which you earn travel rewards or cash back, be sure to adjust your choice to reflect life changes due to COVID.

    For example, my choice for 3% cash back on one of my BoA credit cards was gas, but I have been driving a lot less lately due to COVID, and therefore spending a lot less on gas. Hence, it makes more sense for me to change it to a higher spending category in the COVID era (i.e. online shopping) in order to maximize my cash back.

    submitted by /u/Unitmonster555
    [link] [comments]

    Fired from my job, have a question about my 401k

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 03:39 PM PDT

    Just got fired I've only been working for 2 months the company has a I've only been putting away 4% to get their 4% match but my question is what do I do with the money in the 401k account do I just transfer it to my HYSA or just leave it in the Fidelity account?

    submitted by /u/Mere924
    [link] [comments]

    What do I do with $65,000

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 04:30 PM PDT

    I'm 21 years old and my grandparents are giving me two checks that will equal out to $65,000 from their trust fund. I obviously want to save as much of this as I can, but know nothing about investing and have never dealt with this much money in my life. Any advice is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/offwhite2k
    [link] [comments]

    Medical care debt without insurance

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 08:28 PM PDT

    Hey guys.

    So for a number of reasons (mostly covid related) I don't have medical insurance.

    I've been having health problems for a while and had to go to the emergency room. They sent me a letter with a list of charges and honestly I'm unemployed right now and struggling to pay rent and I just can't pay it.

    I went for a colonoscopy privately and paid out of pocket. I have another follow up appointment and probably an endoscopy too. I'm worried in case they find cancer and I just don't know what to do. They know I don't have insurance so I'm worried that the level of treatment I would be offered will be below par.

    What can I do in this situation? Can they refuse to tell me my diagnosis because I can't pay for treatment or can they refuse me treatment because I can't pay?

    submitted by /u/gmcc14
    [link] [comments]

    Employer is willing to match my federal student loan payments. What's the best way to go about this?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 12:51 PM PDT

    I don't know the first place to start. I am currently in good standing with Navient, but if my employer is willing to match my payments while I'm employed with them, should I pay more than I usually can afford to? If so, are there any programs we should apply to to get the full benefit?

    submitted by /u/cheesesteakguy
    [link] [comments]

    My mom has 33k in CC debt and only receives SSI. If she stops paying will it affect new mortgage?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    I spoke to a lawyer in passing who told me you "can't get blood from a stone" and I did a little research on the internet and think it might apply to my mother but want to be sure.

    She pays $900 a month in credit cards all in HER name and only receives like $963 in SS retirement income. My father is disabled and makes more than her and that's how they stay afloat if you can call it that but has no cards in his name.

    They recently began a $80,000 20 year mortgage just last month in both of their names. I was wondering if she stopped paying her credit cards and her credit score tanked if the lender would get a whiff of it and anything would happen.

    I realize they would need separate bank accounts if I'm not mistaken. They already have this actually.

    Anything I'm missing? Could she still be taken to court or anything like that? I know they could freeze her income aside from the SSI deposits. She doesn't have any.

    Not that there is any excuse for this type of irresponsible spending but it was at 60k not too long ago..

    She resides in Illinois.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/BenGriffeyJr24
    [link] [comments]

    Any advice for someone who has no clue?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 02:06 AM PDT

    I'm about to be a 30yr male with no savings, no car, whom only has a monthly expenditure of about $800 (including; rent, food, personal/bills). I recently got a job which will have me earning about $1,900USD per month and its a new setting in which I will have more money on the side for myself. What are some good habits that I can incorporate now, besides the ol' "put 20% of income away for savings" that will help me build a strong foundation for my future? I'll be more than happy to answer any questions for more information.

    submitted by /u/Mumble666
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need to pay transfer fees between brokerages?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 07:49 PM PDT

    I have accounts in Robinhood and TD Ameritrade. I want to convert to TD Ameritrade, but Robinhood has a transfer fee. If I just sell all my stocks on Robinhood and buy them on TD Ameritrade right after at relatively the same price can't I avoid the transfer fee?

    submitted by /u/fundies2Cheater
    [link] [comments]

    Credit Card Debt Advice--Balance Transfer vs Personal Loan vs Other?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 07:15 PM PDT

    Hello all!

    Hoping for some debt advice:

    Background: I'm a late 20s/early 30s resident physician currently in residency (with about 2 years left before I finish) making about $60,000/year. I've been struggling with paying back debt I accrued during medical school/beginning of residency to help out my parents when my dad lost his job and couldn't find another one for over 1.5 years (very very complicated family situation, essentially I'm the only adult in their lives left and they lean on me heavily financially).

    Debts:

    • Roughly $140,000 in federal student loan debt (at about 6% interest; payments are currently deferred through the end of the year. I'm currently holding off on worrying about this debt until I graduate from residency as my income will increase anywhere from 4-5x what it is now and I should be able to tackle them aggressively then)
    • About $12,000 in private student loan debt ($6000 loan through my undergrad at 5% interest; another $6000 loan through Discover at about 7% interest. I aim to tackle these next in my debt journey, but for now I'm paying the minimums so I can focus on my credit card debt)
    • $7182 in credit card debt (down from $14,600) total. My main credit card (Chase Sapphire) has a balance of $5782 at 20.99% interest (!!!) because I was able to move $1400 to a different credit card I already had that offered a temporary 0% interest balance transfer for 12 months (unfortunately the limit for this secondary card was $1500 and the transfer fee was about $100).

    My Credit Score is about 695. I've been making payments of anywhere between $500-1000 monthly towards my CC debt but the interest is killing me.

    My Question:

    I've been trying to pay the debt down as diligently as I can but I've really been getting discouraged by the interest. I've been thinking about applying for a balance transfer card with 0% interest promo period (I've been looking at the Citi Diamond Preferred Card in particular) but I'm worried that:

    1) I won't get approved given my middling credit score + salary and will then get a hard inquiry on my credit that will further lower my score and

    2) that if I do get approved, the credit limit will be too little to be worth the hassle/hard pull on my credit (hoping to get approved for ~$5000 at least)

    Other alternatives I've considered would be a personal loan (though the interest rates on a personal loan would still probably be in low double digits given my credit score) OR I've heard of people calling their bank and asking for a temporary pause in interest charges in exchange for payment of debt in that time period and no use of the card in that time period. Has anyone done this before? Has it worked?

    Sorry for the all of text! Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/finalthrowaway20
    [link] [comments]

    Pretax commuter debit card OR Credit Card for cash back?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 07:09 PM PDT

    Hello. I work in NYC. I was just wondering if it is better keep my pretaxed commuter debit card or use Amex blue cash preferred which earns 3% back?

    submitted by /u/channeltechnik
    [link] [comments]

    FIL is gifting us money. How can we use it to the best of our advantage to get into a home?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 07:01 PM PDT

    Last night while talking to my future Father In Law, he said that rather than pay for a wedding, he'll give us $13,000 for whatever we want to do. My fiancé and I have been waffling wedding plans for the better part of 6 months now. We've decided on a small wedding rather than a big one, but still aren't sure. It's not ridiculously important to us. But this $13,000 revelation has made me realize that I'd rather be in a home than spend it on a party. I think that $13,000 is a little low for a down payment. So what can I do- or where should I put it to let it grow over the next few years so we have a little more to put down?

    submitted by /u/Tlr321
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone please explain how I should approach calculating how to pay off CC debt?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 06:59 PM PDT

    Grad student drowning in credit card debt here. I've never missed a single payment but I'm getting increasingly worried since I'll likely have my PhD in the next year and the chances of finding a job in my field are slim. My living stipend is 2400 monthly.

    My total debt (student loan + CC debt + one personal loan) is close to 21,000 (21k). The credit card debt is about 14k of that.

    There is a chance I won't have funding this summer and will have to take out enough student loans to live for three months. So I want to knock at as much CC debt as possible before then.

    I'm familiar with both avalanche and snowball methods, but it's giving me a dang HEADACHE figuring out what to throw at credit cards each month. My personal loan has a WHOPPING 25% interest rate and is about 30% paid off.

    I guess I'm struggling when interest hits (at different times for different cards/accounts) and throws off everything I've calculated. Maybe I'm stupid with numbers but it's so hard for me to figure out how to allocate my money after I pay rent.

    Sorry if this is not allowed, new to the sub. But I'm at my wit's end. All I want is a solid career and income (hence why I'm in grad school now), a nice house (nothing flashy or huge), and a family. But my partner is even worse off financially, 90k student loans + ~25k cc debt. And he can't have a conversation with me about money without getting defensive and shutting down (he's also an academic facing a bleak job market). For him the only possible solution to our money problems is getting a real job and making real money after graduating, and he is completely unwilling to make changes (like stop using his credit cards) while he's a student. FYI We keep our finances separate for now but don't want to forever.

    If anyone has any advice I'd love to hear it. xx

    submitted by /u/technologized
    [link] [comments]

    Am I being scammed or am I just paranoid?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 02:10 AM PDT

    Hi Reddit!

    This is my first ever post. For starters, I do have insane anxiety and paranoia, so this could very much be just that but I'd appreciate some perspectives.

    Please please please read till the end. I saw a listing on FaceBook MP for a used 16" Macbook 2019 (immaculate condition, still under warranty, still eligible for applecare) for $1400. Seller's account is legit, established, been on FB since 2016, have photos, school, work etc. From the looks of it, the listing is 3 weeks old and seller originally posted the item with $1700 OBO asking price. The latter seems to be about the normal asking price for the same item on sites like Mercari, Ebay etc. I figured because it had been sitting there idly for a while and at this point, the seller just wants to get rid of it quickly, he priced it low. This seemed like the deal of a lifetime. Also, seller lives out of state.

    Now, I am by no means reckless when it comes to online shopping. First I asked for the serial number, everything checks out. I asked if he would be willing to ship, he surprisingly said yes. I told seller I'm interested but worried about shipping items on FB MP especially with little to no buyer/seller protection. Seller understood and suggested a compromise. I pay half upfront, then pay the rest once I've received and tested the item. He also said he'd get it to me by Saturday (this was ordered on a Thursday). I stressed getting it to me on Saturday because this is the only day I can be home 24/7 to wait for it. Other days, I work and packages often get stolen in my apartment if not secured immediately. I told him that if he thinks it will arrive any other day than Saturday, I would give him my boyfriend's college address instead (way more secure mailroom). He said he will get it to me Saturday.

    He gave me his iMessage. I KNOW how this sounds like but its not all bad that I got his iMessage. I ended up being able to see his email, and I did a google search. This guy's legit! I won't spill too many details but trust me, it straight up pulls up his line of work through google searching his email. As agreed, I paid him $700 via Apple Pay Cash (NOT APPLE PAY, APPLE PAY CASH). He even made me write out the description of what I was paying the $700 for: "For late 2019 MacBook Pro 16' with Touch Bar and finger sensor. Buyer will send $700 upfront for delivery and once received and tested the buyer will send second half of $700. Shipping is included." He said to make it legally binding. Still sounds convincing.

    Seller is also very responsive and friendly on messages. Very quick to respond. He ended up sending the shipping label that same night. I saw that it was UPS Ground which was my first sign of concern. I googled if there is such service that lets UPS Ground deliver on Saturday, and yes! there is! I believe you have to pay more though, not too sure. Seller said along with the pic of shipping label that it will be there EOD Saturday. He will drop it off in the morning (Friday). I feel extremely relieved.

    Friday morning, I anxiously wait for him to text me that he had dropped it off. At this point, my anxiety shot up and I started investigating who this man was in case anything happens. I looked deep into his profile to find any crumbs of who he was. Still, this is a totally real guy. Everything checks out. Found his twitter and Instagram too.

    I heard nothing until about 11.46 AM, he said he just woke up and is heading out soon. He ended up dropping it off around 12.30 PM. I responded a bit late (maybe 10 minutes after) asking him to snap a pic of him dropping it off, he said he had already dropped it off at a Rite Aid which is a UPS Access Point by him and didnt check messages (p.s. I even went as far looking up if there was a Rite Aid by his zip code that doubles as a UPS Access Point, and voila, there is one!). Fine, I let it go. I looked up the tracking intently all the day to no movement at all. Stuck at Order Processed, Shipment Ready for UPS. This would be fine on any other purchases but he did promised a Saturday delivery and claimed to have paid for it too. I texted him at 11pm Friday asking if I should be worried that for a package coming tomorrow, there seems to be no signs of movement? He said maybe the truck just hadn't picked up yet. He said he will check in the morning (today).

    So now my worry is two fold. Let's say he has all intentions of actually shipping this out to me, but seeing as how UPS did not update it at all as of THIS MORNING (4:00 am expected date of delivery), seems unlikely it will be here today. Which means, its dangerous water trying to secure this package on a day when I do work. And he lied about saturday delivery then? Second, seller only printed out shipping label and has no intention of dropping it off at all.

    What does this look like to you all?

    Tl;dr: Great deal on FB marketplace for a macbook. Might be scammed? But there are lots of convincing details so maybe I'm paranoid.

    UPDATE 1: Hey guys so I did some more digging. I found out that his name as it is shown on his facebook profile (at least his first name) has been changed. Don't know when or why but point is, his real name is not what is shown on his facebook profile. This could mean anything as I too, changed my facebook name recently to look completely different because I used my middle name instead so ya know that this as you will. He also looks to be a music producer of some sort, signed to a record label. I know his record label and his new stage name.

    Update: Guess its not so hard to track people down. I now know his real address (the one on the shipping label is not real), I know his age, phone number, his whole family name. So I started by emailing his private email then his dad. His dad seems to want to cooperate. Hope this leads somewhere.

    submitted by /u/dundermiffles
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment