• Breaking News

    Monday, October 5, 2020

    NooB Monday! - (October 05, 2020) Entrepreneur

    NooB Monday! - (October 05, 2020) Entrepreneur


    NooB Monday! - (October 05, 2020)

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 06:12 AM PDT

    If you don't have enough comment karma here's where we can help.

    Everyone starts somewhere and to post in /r/Entrepreneur this is the best place. Subscribers please understand these are new posters and not familiar with our sub. Newcomers welcome! Be sure to vote on things that help you. Search the sub a bit before you post. The answers may already be here.

    Since this thread can fill up quickly, consider sorting the comments by "new" (instead of "best" or "top") to see the newest posts.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Have you ever completely changed careers to pursue something you really enjoy? Whats your story?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 08:17 AM PDT

    Asking for a friend :)

    Thanks so much!

    submitted by /u/SpiceMan4545
    [link] [comments]

    What are some lucrative businesses that are dominant primarily by older people.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 08:21 PM PDT

    What are some profitable and high demand business that have mostly older people that are near retiring?

    What are some business that someone could start now and be doing well in the next 5-10 years because most of the current business owners are getting old.

    I was talking with my dad about porta potty business and how not a lot of younger people are getting into the business because of how "dirty" it seems which is creating a huge demand for this business. Despite how lucrative it is.

    There are only a few porta potty business in my area and most the owners are getting older. And the demand is huge.

    submitted by /u/217wave
    [link] [comments]

    Milestone: $30k Revenue in a Month (Blog/YouTube) - AMA about the digital media biz

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 08:25 AM PDT

    Here's the tl;dr

    Hit a record month for revenue in August with just over $30k.

    "But how much of that is PROFIT??" you ask?

    August Profit = $23k


    I've been running a digital media business for about 7 years now. It's grown, shrank, evolved.

    I've gone back and forth between chasing passive income (your standard "content website" business model) and building more of an "influencer" type business (paid partnerships on YouTube and social media).

    Traffic wise, 2018-2019 were flat. But the overall business was doing okay because I was doing lots of sponsored stuff on IG and YouTube.

    This is good money, but it's not passive or scalable.

    So around the beginning of 2020, I decided to reinvigorate my website by investing in content, republishing old posts, ramping up the affiliate revenue stream and being more aggressive with display ads.

    Like any plan that relies on SEO, this took a few months to start seeing results, but traffic is now at an all-time high.

    My goal now is to increase Blog Passive Income to make my site as sellable as possible.

    Even if I don't sell it, this mindset still helps streamline operations and think bigger.


    I've learned a lot over the past few years about the digital media business. I'm actually getting another site off the ground now and plan on growing it much faster using what I now know.

    I'm here to answer any questions about blogging, YouTube, affiliate marketing, display ads, sponsorships, etc.

    PLEASE...search my previous /r/Entrepreneur posts and FullTimeBlog.com before asking the more basic questions like "how do I choose a niche" or "what WordPress theme do you use".

    Resources:

    Latest income report on FTB

    Latest income report on /r/Entrepreneur

    My preferred site builder, host, etc.

    How to start a blog

    My newsletter <-- No, I don't have a course or consulting package to sell you ;)

    submitted by /u/themodestman
    [link] [comments]

    I’m currently watching a show that PBS made about Amazon and Jeff Bezos, it’s called “Amazon Empire”

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 12:42 AM PDT

    I'm only 20min into the show and already stunned at how Bezos built amazon. At the very beginnings Amazon was not going to make a profit for 20 years he said. Bezos had to somehow convince investors that and be optimistic about it.

    Now why would an investor want to do such a thing and risk loosing money? Bezos main point was that he was going to price things so cheap that they purposely loose money, so that way competitors couldn't stay in business because smaller business couldn't loose what Amazon was loosing.

    I just found that to be interesting so I wanted to share on here!

    submitted by /u/bobbyslapps
    [link] [comments]

    More attractive deal as a customer? Buy 1 get 1 Free ($20) or Buy 1 get 2 Free ($30)

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:20 AM PDT

    This is for a product that customers are likely to buy 1-5 of and occasionally 6+, retails for $40 + - elsewhere.

    submitted by /u/CMWDanny
    [link] [comments]

    Digital Marketing

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 01:25 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, I'm a finance guy with no prior experience in Digital Marketing, but I'm looking to break into the space. I have a 10-15 connections who own businesses but are older and have not adopted an online presence (still can't get my head around it).

    Anyway, I've done a tonne of research and have watched countless hours of YouTube videos. However, I'm looking to get inside perspective of people who are currently working within the industry. I plan on providing the following services when I start out: - Advertising (Google, Facebook, IG) - Web development - Branding

    Also, if you could link any good YouTube videos / readable content, I'd really appreciate it.

    Thank you .

    submitted by /u/PaidTrade
    [link] [comments]

    What’s a good rental business to get into?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 10:52 AM PDT

    No small business insurance will quote me

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 09:30 AM PDT

    My business involves me and my partner delivering automotive services to customers. Every insurance I've contacted so far will not cover my field unless I had my own shop where I conducted business. I'm not doing major repair work, just basic maintenance on vehicles. Will a detailed terms of service agreement save me from potential issues insurance companies would normally cover? Does anyone have any advice on how to protect my business? Thanks in advance. I'm a new entrepreneur who is currently working two other jobs wanting to make something of myself. Please go easy on me

    submitted by /u/sldsills
    [link] [comments]

    What is everyone's current approach to Sales Tax?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:36 AM PDT

    Hey folks,

    I'm on Shopify and exceed economic nexus in a majority of states. Right now, we're currently only set up to collect and remit in New York, but considering what states are high priority in terms of registration and remitting.

    It's been a while since I've heard about people dealing with Sales Tax compliance in a post-SCOTUS Wayfair ruling. My understanding is that most states have begun to provide guidelines on when registration should occur once economic nexus is exceeded.

    What I'm not sure about is strategy. COVID put us over the threshold in many states this year due to the nature of our product, and I'm not sure if sales would continue at sustained levels in future years. My thinking right now is to register and remit in high-risk states (ie Cali) where the threshold is exceeded by a significant amount, and see where things net out for future states in the year to come.

    Anyone out there who's thinking about Sales Tax right now? What's your current approach given the new laws? How aggressive should the risk taking be?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/nutterbutter125
    [link] [comments]

    A draft of a pitch for an idea I had. I call it “Undivided”

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 02:19 PM PDT

    The documentary The Social Dilemma has been an eye opener for lots of people, myself included. It's explains how as social media algorithms tailor to us, it divides us by presenting us with news and information that only re-enforces our beliefs

    Our country is more divided than ever, and this is a clear contributor to this.

    The solution is to remove the algorithms and tailoring and present the news seen on both sides

    Undivided displays the news from opposing platforms together, showing both sides of each story and allowing the reader to utilize both viewpoints

    The customers who this targets are adults using social media to get the news, more specifically people trying to learn more about world and US news without the one-sidedness

    This is an extremely important approach to a monumental and still growing problem, political division in the US and people not understanding all the facts before formulating an opinion.

    As division grows, the necessity of Undivided will grow more and more apparent.

    Let's look at both sides. Let's become Undivided.

    submitted by /u/mechanic-panic
    [link] [comments]

    Is audible worth it?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    I'm a student with little expenses and I think listening to audiobooks in the car whenever I take it would really help me learn new things about entrepreneurship. Do you think Audible is worth the 15$/month or is there a better alternative? Thinking about it, it's like if I was buying one book a month.

    submitted by /u/gabriel_theberg
    [link] [comments]

    What to do with 20K at 18...

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 01:52 PM PDT

    Hello so I'm 18 years old and my family is going to be selling a property abroad and I'm getting around 20 thousand dollars, so I'm making and planning on everything would be helpful if you leave any feedback anyways here and go |||

    So I'm planning on buying a car for around 5-7 thousand dollars cash because I don't yet have any credit history to finance, which brings me to the next part where I'm going to be getting a secured credit card for 250-500$ deposit, by the way I'm highly educated about credit cards I'm happy to say I lectured myself about them at such a young age some would say/.. payment history (35%), amounts owed (30%), length of credit history (15%), new credit (10%) and credit mix (10%)... Anyways and I'm going to build a work/gaming pc rig For around 2500$ Which I'm going to use for business building/managing,gaming,youtube,twitch streaming maybe Mainly business building though since I'm planning on starting a brand on amazon fba first than slowly moving to a website and what not..business talk Is long and I'm not gonna get in-depth because I don't want to waste anyone's time reading..

    And I'm thinking of putting about 1-3K in index funds and what not and start investing a percentage of my income every week or month in a split portfolio Like international indexfunds,USfunds,etc

    So I have just been learning about investing/business building and drop shipping and everything in between for a long time now and in happy that I'm finally going to step my foot in for once.

    If you have any helpful tips/tricks Or information I'd might find helpful if you'd like to share in the comment section..

    submitted by /u/Sammy-Joseph
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to become a Distributor or looking for FMCG/CPG Distributor?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 12:56 PM PDT

    We just launched Justfmcg.com

    submitted by /u/Lucky024
    [link] [comments]

    How would one go about acquiring business clients for an employment agency?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 12:55 PM PDT

    Hey all, a quick background, I'm 23 and almost done with my bachelor in business. My dad has an employment agency that had some very good years of operation a decade ago. Unfortunately, he never had the knowledge or skills to maintain his success and grow further, and now has only a handful of employees working for him. All I can think is how I wish I could have been there to help him, with the knowledge I have now.

    With that said, I want to bring new life into his business now and help it grow. I'm going to start with building a website for him, as he still doesn't have one, and possibly rebrand as the company name is just his initial and last name, so we can build on creating an actual brand.

    What I am not sure about is how to handle new client/business acquisition. I have marketing knowledge however B2B marketing is comparatively more complex to B2C marketing. I was thinking of working on SEO ranking and cold emailing, but I am not sure if this would be the right approach.

    I would love to hear feedback from others with more experience.

    Edit: Tips and pitfalls regarding the industry that I should avoid are also more than welcome.

    submitted by /u/Ramboow23
    [link] [comments]

    Business VoLTE solution?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    Does anyone know of a reliable Voice Over LTE (VoLTE) application for Android & iOS? A couple of our clients are looking for something reliable to bring down their phone costs.

    submitted by /u/imjp
    [link] [comments]

    Bookkeeping Clients Wanted

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 12:25 PM PDT

    Business Owner,

    My name is Dillon Martin, owner of Better Bookkeeping LLC, and I am looking to bring on new Chicago-based clients. I can help you with accounts payable/receivable, tax prep, payroll and financial report creation. We can also discuss premium services like financial forecasts, expense budgeting and strategic goal setting.

    I have several years of experience in the business/financial analytics field at a fortune 100 company. I also have a bachelor's degree in Finance and Economics from Illinois State University and am QuickBooks Certified.

    Rates will be determined based on your needs and the nature of your business.

    If you are interested: reach out and we can set up a phone/zoom call soon.

    For more information on myself, the services I provide, and other avenues to contact me, checkout my website: BKBetter.com.

    Thanks for reading, Dillon

    submitted by /u/djm1125
    [link] [comments]

    Understanding, understanding with TED founder.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 12:16 PM PDT

    Pros & Cons of having an LLC vs. being a Sole Proprietor?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    So I'm 22 female. I've been reselling clothes online as a side hustle for about 3 years. I've made roughly $7,000 total (and spent about $900 on inventory for it) Someone recently brought to my attention that I should think about making my 'business' into an LLC. But being a youngin' I am, I have no idea what LLC would really do, like how it could be beneficial. I also sell art on the side but that's more recent & less official then my clothing business.

    I don't have any others jobs and I don't go to school. I dropped out of college because of mental health reasons & realized it's silly to go to art school when I already understand art..(waste of $ in my opinion)

    What I know/have been told so far about LLC and such:

    -you have to pay for the title of LLC basically yearly (I think like $500? But my question is could I deduct that payment from taxes since it's $/costs put towards the business?)

    -if your business is an LLC then you don't have to pay taxes twice (which I don't think I've ever paid taxes twice when I was working a "real" job..)

    -that being said you can deduct costs to run the business that I guess helps you out tax wise as well (I know like nothing about taxes too.. good thing high school helped me to survive in the real world..🙄)

    -LLC has something to do with lawyers or lawsuits? I don't even think anyone could sue me for selling them clothing via online purchase through a reselling website..

    -I'm not ever planning to hire employees because I'm one who prefers to work alone , plus it's such a small business I would never need one

    Basically, would it be useless to make this into an LLC? In my eyes, it seems pointless and a waste of $500 if I make roughly $1,000-$2,000 a year from it.. and I'm not planning on making it a bigger/more serious business because I'm someone who can't just do 1 thing forever, I need a few side hustles because my ADHD brain works better that way. Also I live in MA but not sure if that makes a difference ..

    submitted by /u/asianstyleicecream
    [link] [comments]

    Great idea �� no capital

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:22 AM PDT

    So I have a business idea, I have mentioned it to a few close friends and they all think it's a service that is needed and even they would use right away, specially during covid and working remote and even beyond that. My problem is, I need a robust application built. If I could partner with a software engineer it would be great, but I don't know any and I'm afraid if I just find and message one I have no guarantee they won't just take my idea and do it themselves. Has anyone been in this situation before? Any suggestions that might help me would be really appreciated

    submitted by /u/IAflorida
    [link] [comments]

    Which business coach alive today gives the best business advice?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    Which business coach alive today do you respect the most which gives the best business advice for entrepreneurs:

    - A book to read?

    - A podcast to follow?

    - An article they wrote that's a must read?

    submitted by /u/LisaMck041
    [link] [comments]

    What do you call a business that buys other businesses but with their own funds, no LP’s?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 09:58 AM PDT

    I know of private equity firms and such but I'm wondering what you would call a business that buys other businesses in an attempt to scale and add it to a long term portfolio? To be more specific in referring to the early business practices of warren buffet and Charlie munger. I know they flipped their businesses for a profit but what would you call their type of business?

    submitted by /u/the_pro_inquirer
    [link] [comments]

    Narrowing down the niche?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 09:58 AM PDT

    Hi I run a service business focusing on sourcing and supply chain. We are doing only food products now.

    So basically we have customers coming to us to source food products for them. New business usually comes from word of mouth, recommendation or through our online marketing and newsletter etc. When I started the business I didn't want to limit too much the customer base so I let everyone become my customers.

    So when someone wants to buy a container of fresh mangoes from Thailand and ship to France, I can help them to connect to the supplier. If someone wants to air freight 5 boxes of the same mangoes, I can also do that. We source anything food related and we have local contacts of up to 100 suppliers from Europe to Asia.

    We also help the same suppliers looking for customers and expanding their markets.

    But with more and more customers onboard, I soon realized that 80% of the income comes from smaller customers instead of bigger companies - as our margins are higher for smaller volume. And it's also easier to source, negotiate and more importantly close the deals for smaller orders or requests. Big volume takes months and sometimes after months, it just got dropped off. We wasted months of resources and time achieving nothing but lessons.

    So I'm wondering what should be my strategy on this, whether I should just move to end consumers or continue having both segments of the business? Any advice?

    submitted by /u/keerli
    [link] [comments]

    how can I Start Affiliate Marketing by selecting the right programs?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    I have read alot about these sort of programs online that provide affiliation with them. Is this actually legit? Im new to this. Also, I want to start working on this, can you guys help me with where to start?

    these are the links i was reading about affiliate programs and i was wondering they pay commission too.

    https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/best-affiliate-programs

    https://prosociate.com/high-paying-affiliate-programs/

    https://servicesground.com/top-10-affiliate-programs-in-2020/

    https://www.adamenfroy.com/best-high-paying-affiliate-programs

    and some of these explain that how to get traffic on affiliate links

    https://prettylinks.com/high-quality-traffic-affiliate-marketing-site/

    https://servicesground.com/4-easy-steps-to-get-traffic-on-affiliate-links/

    https://hustlelife.net/drive-traffic-to-affiliate-links/

    https://affiliatevalley.com/getting-started/free-traffic-sources-for-affiliate-marketing-in-2019

    please guide.

    submitted by /u/Bela-ciao
    [link] [comments]

    How costly is app maintenance

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 09:41 AM PDT

    I have an idea where I need to develop a cross-platform application (web, iOS, android).

    There are some open source projects which I can probably manipulate to get my job done, which is not more than a shopping platform with payment. However that is as much time as I can devote to app development for now.

    So, I am wondering what your experiences are with maintenance of such an application in terms of time commitment and monetary cost and the frequency of maintenance. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/extrordinary
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment