• Breaking News

    Monday, October 5, 2020

    Is it ok to not be motivated at times? Sales and Selling

    Is it ok to not be motivated at times? Sales and Selling


    Is it ok to not be motivated at times?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 08:19 AM PDT

    Man, I just beat myself up if I'm not staying productive or trying to stay productive. I'm literally just sitting in my office staring at my computer. I dont get like this often but I sometimes just want to throw my hands up and just lay on the couch and watch TV....or go play golf.

    I feel like it's my insecurities, the "you aren't working or trying to improve your number, you are lazy and not worth this position".

    Bleh.

    submitted by /u/flippytuck
    [link] [comments]

    People who works in sales, what are you favorite subreddits?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:54 AM PDT

    How can I find someone to do commission only cold calling as a side hustle?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:51 AM PDT

    I run a small business and would like to find someone who will freelance cold call. Work their own hours and make as many or as little calls as they want, 1 month sales cycles, 2,500+ prospects, and commissions upwards of $5,000 per sale, but mostly ~$500.

    How can I find someone who would do this?

    Or, is it almost predatory to expect someone to do this?

    submitted by /u/whodisguy93
    [link] [comments]

    I really need help with those interview questions.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 04:14 AM PDT

    Hello everyone and thank you so much for your help in advance. I am applying for a job I really want after being jobless for 6 months + and this is the job I want the most. I have some experience in sales and marketing but I can say it is at beginner/mid level. The position I am applying for is more of a mid level but I really want this jobs so I thought I'd ask for help the experts. There are 3 questions I find hard to answer as I have little experience with that and I used to work for a start up which didn't use terms like those. I made an extensive research but I don't feel confident enough to answer those questions and I hope you'd be able to help with insights and suggestions. Here are the 3 questions:

    1. Can you share a creative approach you've taken in the past towards lead generation?
    2. What is your experience with different channels and tools for biz dev?
    3. What kind of companies have you approached in terms of size and location?

    I greatly appreciate your help. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/nikitavvvvv
    [link] [comments]

    Would US company hire an EU based SDR/BDR?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 06:45 AM PDT

    Is it possible or not? From legal perspective as well.

    I see the numbers basic SDR/BDR's make in US and it just demotivates me to keep pushing myself, since reward in EU is significantly less.

    With the rise of remote working, this might be interesting to discover.

    Obviously it all depends on how hiring managers in US perceive the competence of EU based employees, hence is my question.

    submitted by /u/everydaynormalmzfq
    [link] [comments]

    Experience being the first SDR at a startup??

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 10:50 AM PDT

    Hi there! Looking to get some perspective and advice before going into final rounds.

    So I'm a sales recruiter who got laid off from a startup at the beginning of September (COVID related business impact) and I'm currently approaching final rounds for a very small startup (15-20 people, seed round funded) based in SF. The product and vision is sound, the team is great, and they've actually been doing amazing during COVID which is why they're looking into hiring their first SDR to help handle the volume. I had originally applied for and interviewed into final rounds for a more senior position, and I guess they thought that my experience so far would be more in line for their SDR role - which I'm totally fine with. It's a great company and i want to get my foot in the door any way i can, and i know that being the first SDR can be lucrative.

    It would be 100% inbound, with the expectation to qualify 40 leads/month to hand over to the senior reps. There's a ton of volume, more than the team can handle, so my job would be to sort through that volume of leads and find the best ones to pass along. I've already met and interviewed twice with the woman who would be my manager, and we hit it off - I'm now interviewing again with the founder and a couple more members of the team.

    I've worked for small companies before, but I've never been the first hire into a role. I have a year of sales experience and 2 years of recruiting experience (which comes in handy bc this is a recruiter-based startup) so I know I'm qualified - but I'm looking to get perspective from people who have been the first SDR and what their experience has been like. What goals i should try to set for myself going in, and what's realistic for the first 30-60-90 days.

    Also, I should know this, but for some reason my mind is blanking (probably from nerves) - what questions would you recommend asking around this position during my final rounds?? Aside from career path and expectations - for those that have been first SDRs, what do you wish you would have gotten clarification on before going into this kind of role?

    Thanks in advance!! I'm trying to be as prepared as possible because it's a tough market, i really want this position, and ya girl needs a paycheck.

    submitted by /u/pippipdoodlydoo22
    [link] [comments]

    Channel Sales resource recommendations

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 12:26 PM PDT

    I have an interview soon for a Channel Sales Coordinator position. I have extensive sales experience, but primarily in direct, but little in channel. Does anyone have any recommendations for quality blogs or books out there? I'm familiar enough with 3rd party and reseller relationships that I'm not a neophyte, but just looking for something to tighten my experience up a bit.

    Position is for a smallish (300 employee) local software company. I'm coming from a different industry with some niche crossover.

    submitted by /u/SoggyAmphibian
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know any alternatives to BNI that are in New York?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:58 AM PDT

    BNI has a cool concept with just having one person per industry but it sometimes has too much pressure to constantly have a referral every week and stuff. I'd enjoy a more low pressure version of it. If you know any, please link. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/AutismIsntAChoice
    [link] [comments]

    Aiming my career

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:12 AM PDT

    I currently work as an outsourced SDR. I work on behalf of a large technology company and a SaaS vendor. My goal is to move my career towards Biotech sales.

    What areas of personal development should I enhance to make myself stand out. I know I need Biotech experience and general experience but are there any less obvious areas you guys would recommend?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Laatif
    [link] [comments]

    Action Selling versus Sandler Selling System

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 05:29 PM PDT

    I've been searching for both methods, and saw some similarities bewteen them.

    Action Selling has a stair's kind of process, like this https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d3/dd/a6/d3dda628407104699fb6604b720ba88a.jpg

    While Sandler's submarine gives the steps one has to follow in a sales conversation: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e9/cc/e2/e9cce28ca42cca513b27e287d81d0084.jpg

    My question is if that's really the case, and if we could integrate both methods in one process (or perhaps, choose one of those methods in particular).

    Which leads to the next question, does anyone has experience with one or both of these trainings, they still work nowadays in B2C, for example?

    Thanks for any insights.

    PS: For more details on Action Selling, this book is a great read https://www.scribd.com/document/342515462/The-New-Action-Selling

    Or here https://www.actionselling.com/the-new-action-selling-act-1-the-commitment-objective/ (Keep going to the next articles, in the bottom, until Act 7)

    submitted by /u/Master1781
    [link] [comments]

    Customer Sevice Rep with a Sales Qouta

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 05:43 AM PDT

    I work as a customer service rep in a major telecommunications company in my country. I was hired on as just customer sevice, but the longer the job goes on the more and more sales becomes a bigger and bigger part of my job.

    I find myself struggling as I work with clients who contact us directly and usually they have some kind of problem with our pricing or are simply interested in a very specific problem, and once its solved they leave with no room for a sales pitch.

    Could there be something obvious im missing about selling in an enviroment like this?

    Ive never had sales experiance before this job and the seeming impossibility of reaching my targets is kind of crushing.

    EDIT: I should probably mention i work mostly on our websites chat platform. And very rarely over the phone.

    submitted by /u/RayTheGrey
    [link] [comments]

    Just accepted an account executive position. Completely new to sales and broadcast media. Newbie looking for guidance.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 12:33 PM PDT

    A few hours ago I formally accepted a position with a small, independently owned and operated radio station. I've been talking to them about the position for a few months and they finally decided to move forward with me now that their ad sales are starting to rebound (they openly admit they have been bleeding cash for the past few months due to the pandemic). The market is the Florida Keys (it is hyper local and does not extend north into south Florida mainland/Miami). The station follows an adult album alternative format and deliberately steers clear of Top 40 style programming. I'm 26, and while I love the music they play, I know that they definitely skew towards an older demographic because 1) it's radio, and 2) it's not top 40 programming.

    This is my first formal sales position, although I have worked in b2b environments (albeit in an administrative capacity - but I did do some cold calling while there). I've been bartending and also working as a spirit sommelier at a craft/small-batch distillery for awhile, which has really helped my people/client facing skills. I've gotten pretty good at reading people and whether they're satisfied with the experience they're having. I can definitely put on a face and pitch a product very well, at least once I thoroughly understand the product. For example: in the five months I've been at my bar/distillery, I've set 7 out of 10 of the best sales days in our distillery's history, and I get rave reviews from customers I take through a tour and spirit tasting. It took me a couple weeks to get the hang of it, but once I understood the product and the process behind making it I started killing it with my sales numbers during my shifts.

    My point being, I know I can do this well if I have a comprehensive understanding of how the industry operates, the benefits I can offer clients, and how I can find a client's pain point and provide them with a solution that helps to solve their problems.

    Does anyone have any tips or pointers you can share? Are there any industry publications or helpful blogs I should follow? Any advice would be greatly appreciated by this newbie.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Buck_The_Fuckeyes
    [link] [comments]

    Is this micro-managing or is my hate for my job clouding me?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    My manager hit the webex chat saying: "We should be calling bankers/cpas this morning and sending a followup email whether you spoke to them or not. Please cc me. if i dont see the emails cc im going to assume we didnt call them"

    In my opinion, 3 years into my sales career here and still having to cc my manager on my emails is a little childish. My frustration also stems from other micro-managey incidents at my job. Am I overreacting or do you guys agree?

    submitted by /u/capothecapo
    [link] [comments]

    COO of company I pitched is pitching other departments on my behalf - good or bad?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    In sales is there a difference between you approaching a department in a company with a pitch versus the CEO or other high level executive approaching that department on your behalf?

    I just got off a call with the Global COO of the largest hotel company in the country. He liked my pitch and the strategic alliance/partnership I proposed.

    He is taking my idea to the marketing department.

    I cold emailed all the marketing execs a few weeks back and never got through. I had reached out to the CEO a few times and the last time he (or his office) had the COO reach out to me to learn more.

    I already got rejected by the head of branding so I'm wondering if him personally delivering the message/pitch will make a difference?

    submitted by /u/thesonofnarcs
    [link] [comments]

    How do I know if sales is for me ?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 01:52 AM PDT

    I have had a bachelors degree in marketing for many years (never been in marketing though) but I have also been trying to get in sales for several years. I never get invited for an in person interview or second interview. I have had several phone interviews though.

    Here's the thing: I don't want an all commission job or a sales job where I have to make 100s of cold calls a day. Also I would like to make 40k yearly or more if possible and not have to work 70 hours a week (only 40-50 if possible) . Am I expecting too much for a first sales job? What types of sales jobs are easiest to get with no experience?

    Also I am not a high energy guy and somewhat laid back and people describe me as quiet. I try to act more high energy in my phone interviews so that I can get hired, though. I always thought that since I have a marketing degree it would make me more desirable for sales jobs since the two fields are related.

    submitted by /u/AUfan36
    [link] [comments]

    Started my own lead generation website. Now what?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:23 AM PDT

    So as per title.

    A little background. I work in a financial / sales company. My job is inside selling merchant services. Focused on UK and ROI. I built a simple website offering quotes for merchant services, where the website shares your brief contact details with a partner ie the seller aka me.

    I'm just wondering has anyone any experience in generating traffic to the lead gen site using SEO, ads etc?

    submitted by /u/el_liamo
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best account management role you've heard of?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    Exploring AM, can you give examples of great and bad roles/responsibilities so I know what to look out for when applying?

    Why is AM good or bad? Would also be really helpful.

    submitted by /u/ImBadAtSales
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to make the most of a gap year

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 09:53 AM PDT

    Hello all, I'm a student taking a gap year before continuing my junior year at my university. I'm a sales and marketing major and I've taken an intro sales course that really got me interested in this field. I'm taking a break due to Covid causing most of my classes to be online (I learn best in person) and to save for my tuition.

     All that being said, I want to make the most out of the free time I have. I'm currently working part time at a grocery store, but I was curious if it would be worthwhile to try to get my foot in the door by applying to some remote sales positions. I've seen some on Indeed, but I have no idea how to pick what type of industry I want to work in. I've gotten a good taste of what sales looks like with the course I took, but I don't have much experience besides that. Any advice about whether that's a valid option to look into or if I should focus my time on other things to set me up for better success when I do return to classes would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance :) 
    submitted by /u/crownprincevicomte
    [link] [comments]

    Over 6 years of retail sales experience in a quota environment. What are some other sales jobs I can get into that pay well and I can grow?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:41 PM PDT

    (26m with a bachelors degree) ive been working for Verizon in the retail stores for 6 years, in a quota environment but I am looking to get into another sales job. What are some other sales jobs that are good jobs where I can grow, get paid well, or both?

    submitted by /u/alljobs11
    [link] [comments]

    Good webinars to attend?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 08:49 AM PDT

    The next few months are looking a little slower for me(and probably others). Does anyone have links to upcoming webinars/events on sales?

    submitted by /u/The_Real_John_Locke
    [link] [comments]

    I Built a Tool to Help My Team with Cold Email, but it Might Help You Too

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 07:14 AM PDT

    The Problem

    We sell martech SaaS and do all our own prospecting. We're always trying to put out better content and increase our reply rate. It's frustrating to send a great note, it gets open/forwarded 50 times, and then we never receive a reply.

    We've gone through crappy tools that send us a notification every time someone opens an email. But you can never act on that data, especially now that no one is at their desk phone.

    The Solution

    Most sales software I find is outdated and has way too many features for what I was after. Trying to be the next salesforce and change my workflow, when I'm looking for a supplement.

    I developed an add-on to Slack that messages me when someone opens a piece of content (loom video, case study, article etc) I sent them. Except I can respond to that slack and the prospect will see my message WHILE they view the content. They can message me back and I get it right in Slack.

    This is like a smaller Drift/Intercom BUT for any website, even those you don't own. The hope: We put our best foot forward and show we're actually human. It removes the barriers between the prospect and them responding to us.

    The Response

    While it's not perfect yet (and now I have grander visions for it), it solves our current problem. I ran this by our bdr team after my team, and then a few friends at other companies that use Slack. The response has been positive, so I thought I'd open it up to anyone.

    If you're an inside sales person who sends content to prospects and uses slack, I'd love to get your thoughts on this. Not trying to sell anything at this stage, all I'm looking for is some feedback on whether you'd find this useful. If you'd like to know more, feel free to send me a PM and I'll send the link.

    TL;DR - built a simple software to chat with prospects when they're watching my loom videos and viewing our case studies.

    submitted by /u/99Doyle
    [link] [comments]

    High school senior that is interested

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 05:33 PM PDT

    Hello, I'm a senior in high school and I'm interested in a career in sales. I plan on going to college in Chicago and major in marketing. Am I able to get experience right now in sales? Or should I be focusing on high school and then do internships through college? I've been doing a ton of reading and doing research on sales but I'd love if you guys could give me some advice.

    submitted by /u/J03M3
    [link] [comments]

    Recently started a commission only sales role. First sales role coming from an office job for years. How do you get over the crippling anxiety making cold calls?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:26 PM PDT

    I have such bad anxiety with making cold calls. I freeze up in every step of call.

    submitted by /u/noahgula
    [link] [comments]

    Enterprise sellers at large companies: How do your teams collaborate on deals/relationships?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:41 PM PDT

    I'm working for a large company in my industry (I'm talking a sales force of 10k+ folks) that sells exclusively B2B - which means relationships are super important across a number of given verticals. My team being a newer one generally has challenges finding folks on different teams who have those relationships, but after weeks of email chains we normally find an 'in' to a prospective customer.

    Is this a problem that sales folks at other large companies face? CRM doesn't really help us as there's too many entries that aren't really relevant (though I admit our CRM instance probably can be done better).

    It's a frustrating process that I start off every quarter with. How do your teams manage it?

    submitted by /u/zojo7
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment