• Breaking News

    Monday, October 5, 2020

    Business No Country for Old Developers

    Business No Country for Old Developers


    No Country for Old Developers

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:39 AM PDT

    Looking for good books on 'Business Law'

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 06:35 PM PDT

    Looking for books on the laws of business, specifically the laws of online businesses someone got a suggestion for a read.

    submitted by /u/Ranglr_
    [link] [comments]

    Airbus executive says aviation outlook worse than expected

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 04:54 AM PDT

    UK military develops drone with double barreled shotgun

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 01:12 AM PDT

    Difference between ROI and Profit

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 01:05 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I know how to calculate both but just can't get my head around at this stage.

    Say for example I have $100 dollars and have a ROI of 15% then that would mean that I would've made $115.

    Yet from that 15% ROI I could have made 12 units of profit. So in essence at $100 per unit I would've made $1200.

    Happy to be corrected, but why does ROI seem so minuscule compared to the amount of profit made ?

    submitted by /u/mscah10
    [link] [comments]

    Cineworld to Close U.S., U.K. Cinemas In Response to James Bond Delay

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 06:12 AM PDT

    How to build an audience/ support for my online business???

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 06:15 PM PDT

    I have been in business for about a year, but I'm having a hard time building support on my social media pages. It seems that no matter what I post, those that are already following me just do not engage, which is really hurting me in trying to expand my audience.

    For background, I am a proofreader and an author. I am writing my debut novel and trying to get people excited about that by sharing sneak peeks, getting people involved with fun posts, and whatever else I can think of, but NOTHING is working.

    The only people who ever engage in my posts or business updates are my husband and my mom. I have a few hundred followers across two platforms, and I'm just struggling.

    Am I going about this all wrong? I can't gauge what people like to see from my page when no one engages, even when I ask what they would like to see from my page. It feels like if they can't even do the smallest thing they can to support my business by liking a promotional post, then how will I ever expand and be successful in my business?

    I've done countless hours of research and am doing what I think I'm supposed to do: consistent posts, engaging in writing communities without self promotion to try to gain an organic and genuine audience, looking at my analytics (which aren't helpful since I'd need information to glean anything from it), and I support my other friends that have small businesses by engaging in their posts and even buying their products.

    So, what am I doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/menguin18
    [link] [comments]

    Undiscovered market

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    I do not personally use marijuana, but I do see a future where marijuana is as popular, common and accepted as alcohol. Looking at the statistics of people using marijuana, from teenagers to established adults, this number is higher than you'd expect and it is only growing. This number continues to grow as the "bad", "unhealthy", "dangerous" stigma around it is decreasing. I am visualizing a culture where weed is not looked down upon. I believe there is A LOT of money in this business and there is an undiscovered market. Let me know what you guys think.

    submitted by /u/dirtdevils
    [link] [comments]

    i have an idea of making a youtube channel and i need somebody to partner with for the venture.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 10:26 PM PDT

    i'm planning on a youtube channel about books like 48 laws of power and how they relate to pop culture; i will do all the editing and research i just need someone to voice over with a script i write and they will receive cuts of the ad revenue.

    submitted by /u/doneafter1
    [link] [comments]

    Almost finished reading shoe dog a memori by creator of Nike. From the business side looks like he got lucky. I included my points why below. What do you guys think from a business standpoint.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 02:34 PM PDT

    First he got the meeting with tiger very easily and said he had a company blue ribbon and theyautomatically believed him. Today it would not be that easy to get a meeting like this theybwould vet you see what your company is etc

    There were no competitors Adidas and puma had the market but there was a huge room for these tiger shoes. They were different.

    Als bowerman was the one who was constantly upgrading the shoes. He told tiger how to fix them etc. He created the cortez which was huge. He was the inventor, he then created the waffle shoe which was ground breaking. Also he was very famous which helped.

    From a business point didn't he run it very carelessly and not smart. Since every time you made money he had no equity in his business he would literally take all the money that they made and invest it in shoes again. He would invest the full amount that he made right into the next shoe order even more as demand grew he kept ordering more and more but he would use all the money that he made into the shoes. Hope this part is clear basically for example if he made 1 million right he would take that 1 million and he would dump it all in the next shie order and that really made his business unstable if one bad thing happened his business would have been done again goes to my first point about him being lucky and running the business this. It could have sent south quick. Wouldn't have been smarter too if you made 1 million you save about at least $200,000 and then you invest the rest but he went all in all the time he kind of ran a very risky.

    Do you think the time period had a lot to do with this and the rise of Nike I mean under armor today has been growing in this tough time but what do you guys think about how it ran the business and all that

    Also looking back it all seemed easy how they got athletes to just wear nikes lol. I guess it was the connections they had. Also atheltes signed to addidas were wearing there product. Today they would be sued for breach if contract. Lots of instances of that. Like athletes showing up at the store not happy with thier sponsor and buying nike stuff.

    What made phil special his idea he would go and sell yes use his connections as a entrepreneur what made phil special? Just his idea? Johnson came up with the name nike too lol and he didnt like it. Also they didnt like the symbol either another instance of luck.

    Wow someone came to him withe idea of putting air in ahoes lole the air jordan air max etc. Wow he was truly lucky this was groudnbreaktand brought tonhim as well. Evryones thoughts.?

    submitted by /u/jsingh21
    [link] [comments]

    I want to form an LLC but I am planning on moving to another state, what should I do?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:41 PM PDT

    Hello business!

    I am a comic professional who wants to form my own company to release my comics under. I'd like to think I'm very good at writing and making stories but when it comes to legality and business... well I have a bit of a learning curve to get through.

    From the research I've done, it seems that forming an LLC is what would best fit what I'm trying to do. I am in no way looking to be the next Marvel or DC or Image in the long run, this company that I'm forming is going to be used to release my stories because to be quite frank, I don't want to deal with execs and people above me telling me what to do with my stories while working under others...

    Anyways back to the point. Assuming an LLC is what I should be doing, should I form my LLC now while I'm staying in California? I plan on moving to Texas sometime during April-June of 2021 simply because I want to live someone cheaper than California and I have family there but from the research I've done it seems that doing so would make my LLC foreign since i based it in California. Is this correct? Should I wait until I move to form my company and can I then change where my company is based after I move? If it's relevant, I plan on releasing the first part of my comic by the latest in March and I will begin my social media presence and teasers in November.

    And if I shouldn't be forming an LLC should I form a different type of company? I'm all ears right now!

    submitted by /u/altawraith
    [link] [comments]

    Presentation to a group of Canadian businessmen.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 07:06 PM PDT

    You have to explain to a group of Canadian businessmen important details that they need to know in order to do business in Germany. What are the differences in business etiquette in Germany that differ from Canada?

    submitted by /u/whiskisgudguys
    [link] [comments]

    Trouble Choosing Business Names and Domains

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 05:19 PM PDT

    I posed this in r/entrepreneur as well. I just want to know what others here have to say about this.

    I know names are important (but not as important as just starting) but I can't seem to get settled on a name and domain name. Anyone else have/had this trouble? How did you overcome? Any suggestions?

    I thought about using Fiverr or something else but I can't really spend a lot of money on a name/logo yet. I have 4 ideas I have been working on a lot, I have had businesses in the past and would just settle on a random name that had a domain available whether it was good or not. I really want these businesses to work, so I have been trying to do everything to minimize the possibility of failure. Any suggestions or comments are welcome.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/izwoke
    [link] [comments]

    How can I get rights to sell merchandise based on movies?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 03:03 PM PDT

    I'm in college, would love to start selling flags/T-shirts' based on movies like wolf of wall st, step brothers, hangover, etc...

    How would I go about this legally?

    submitted by /u/DEJW10
    [link] [comments]

    you get paid through Paybal email or ID ?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 04:09 PM PDT

    COVID-19 Adaptation for Restaurants

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 11:48 AM PDT

    Restaurants are understandably having a tough time given many of them depend on packing the seats as much as possible for their profitability. There are a fair number of meal delivery apps out there despite of their commission rates. Is it fair to assume that raising prices to cater to the luxury clientele, and/or focusing on takeout and deliveries are the only viable paths for restaurants to survive the pandemic?

    I may be missing a lot of details, so I would appreciate it if you feel I'm not asking the right questions.

    submitted by /u/stanigator
    [link] [comments]

    Growing your business to a new market

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:09 AM PDT

    Hello,
    I am interested in connecting with anyone interested in expanding their product/service to a new market such as Africa, I see quite a lot of opportunity for businesses in the Healthcare, FMCG and IT sector.
    Do you have questions, concerns ... let's discuss.

    submitted by /u/shinamee
    [link] [comments]

    Do i need to lie to have a good business?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 03:17 AM PDT

    Imma say this straight. I fucking hate lie. I mean... every cell of my body.... hate lie. I am an honest straight forward person. If i lie... i feel very very uncomfortable. Plus i am fucking terrible at lying man.

    I start working along with my dad's business. We have a grocery story. I am grateful its going well. I starting going to the store for 1.5 year.

    I am not clever enough or good at lying. I know my product well.

    So my question is... do i need to be good at lying and clever enough to have good running business?

    This one worker who is very very good at lying has been working for 35 year. Since my dad started his business, plus point is, with his lying skill he is pretty good at selling stuff and makes people convince to buy but minus point is he all stool many many many ( i mean MANY) thing from our store. Worthy thousands of bucks. Should we keep him. Because the thing is he is clever and experienced enough to make me fool. I dont trust him.

    So should we keep him for his lying skill or fire him?

    submitted by /u/iamlittlething
    [link] [comments]

    I was managing director (50/50) and resigned due to been forced into it.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 05:27 AM PDT

    I found out my son had a disability, I was working 18 hour days, I found my fiancee to have 'post natal depression' and I was just running on empty.

    This caused me to hit the bottle so to speak in quite a large way, I was still doing work but I was not functioning at a proper rate, I had my family begging me to quit and my fiancee needed more help as she is a vet and was working long hours aswel.

    I got sent a nasty email saying I had stole over 10k which is not true in the slightest and this was sent to my fathers email, basically asking me to resign.

    I did resign and kind of had a blur of a year and a half, possibly had a nervous breakdown I dont know, anyway, I had what is called 'directors loans' and I am sure that I was owed like £36k or something like that.

    Anyway I have lost the business after signing the resignation paper and transferring all shares over to my ex business partner, I know I am a fucking idiot, but I had to do it for my health.

    Anyway, I was just wondering if I have any rights with the slanderous email sent and the accusations with no evidence and the directors loans, does all this just go to him now and I am left with nothing, I am not too fussed, but been the one who built it up for 6 years, it kind of plays on my mind daily.

    I feel like fucking going mad and looking for my ex business partner and causing some issues, but I know that will sort f all.

    Just thought I would ask here, as I know sweet f a about business tbh.

    Thanks for your time.

    submitted by /u/kopitesubuser
    [link] [comments]

    Can Anyone Give Apps Or Sites To Cash Out Through Wester Union?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 05:00 AM PDT

    I want Apps where I can earn Money by Linking It To My Western Union Cuz PayPal isn't available in my country!! Have any suggestions??

    submitted by /u/Ghadiz983
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment