• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 4, 2020

    Any single parents out there that managed to start a side hustle? Entrepreneur

    Any single parents out there that managed to start a side hustle? Entrepreneur


    Any single parents out there that managed to start a side hustle?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 06:27 AM PDT

    So here's my situation. I'll have about $100k saved up some time next year if I wait until the spring to get my bonus from my corporate job. I'm working 10-15 hours a day and have a young child (hello virtual school!). It feels impossible to make any time or have the energy to get off the hamster week to even explore side hustles. Any recommendations on how I can even begin? I feel so trapped.

    submitted by /u/figuringitout911
    [link] [comments]

    Is this feeling inevitable?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 10:09 AM PDT

    Bear with me. I know this is not the typical blog spam that r/Entrepreneur loves so much.

    2 months ago my business reached $10K/Month profit, which I always thought of as the standard for having a successful business. I thought things would get easier after that. I thought it would be exciting to reach this goal, but I felt nothing. I just set the next goal at $25K and kept working.

    I left school 5 years ago at 17 to start my business. As you can imagine, I failed multiple times and ended up in a very bad place in life but things worked out eventually after I basically brute-forced my way out. I've been working so hard and for so long with the assumption that things will get easier eventually, but I'm afraid this assumption might not be true.

    The more successful I become the more distant I become from everyone around me. I already lost my girlfriend and all my friends, and now I'm having issues with my family. I work 14 hours every day and I know this is unhealthy, but I can't help it. If I'm not in the office from 6 AM until 8 PM I feel a deep sense of guilt. I've put more than 5000 hours every year for the past 4-5 years.

    I even tried looking for investors, not because I need funds, but I thought it would be nice to have someone to talk to when I feel anxious as I haven't talked to my father in years. It was a total failure. I didn't find anyone whom I thought would understand me. It was the typical kiss my cheeks and I'll give you money jargon. I was unimpressed.

    I tried to make some "me time" such as picking up hobbies, writing, reading philosophy, hanging with acquaintances, etc. but I almost always ended up dissatisfied with whatever I'm doing.

    I don't understand this. I have multiple streams of income, I'm making more than 2 senior doctors make in my country combined, I have no debt, I'm sitting on a cushion of cash, I have very talented people who work for me and I'm prepared for anything the economy has to throw at me. I solo founded a real startup from absolutely nothing after dropping out of high school and I accomplished everything I dreamt of when I was a kid. With all of that, I still feel unfulfilled. I still feel unaccomplished. I still feel like a failure. I still feel just as miserable as I did on day one.

    Am I missing something? Maybe this is inevitable? I'd love to hear advice from people who've been in my shoes before.

    submitted by /u/TheReverent
    [link] [comments]

    Entrepreneurs of Reddit, how do you decide on what product/service to sell and how do you determine what market to serve?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 12:24 AM PDT

    A wannabe here. Having trouble brainstorming ideas for a business because I have no life and don't know what problems I can solve or what market there is to serve. Please help.

    Ps. Please answer only if you are an actual business owner, and not another wannabe like me. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/WV88A1U88AC137
    [link] [comments]

    Using unregistered business name and email address when talking to suppliers/manufacturers

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:13 AM PDT

    It would be convenient for me to create a website and business email address so that manufacturers will take me more seriously. I have had difficulties with talking to manufacturers using gmail and no company name. Is it okay to create a website and claim that I am a business when talking to manufacturers even though I have not registered a business?

    This project is in a product development and prototyping phase and I will not produce actual products to sell for some time (if at all). Perhaps what I'm doing is considered a hobby at this point. So I don't want to go through the trouble of registering an LLC or DBA name.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/imakerobot
    [link] [comments]

    Hi guys ! Wanted to share a place for business people and entrepreneurs to collaborate and give and receive advice.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:55 PM PDT

    We have 500 + members and are looking to grow further. We have business chats with experts and mentors like Mark, a founder of tide cleaners. We chat and give advice and talk businesses. Discord is a a lot more versatile and built for communities to chat. Hope to see you there ! join here

    submitted by /u/AhelpinHand
    [link] [comments]

    How you check is your idea solve the problem?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:45 PM PDT

    I have few small ideas about web services (nothing genius) which I could create and (I hope) solve few problems in business like photography.

    These ideas actually doesn't matter for now.

    The real question is: how we could verify is our solution is good for other businesses? Does old one calling or mailing people is okay? How big group of people we should take for call?

    Or, maybe there's other way for verifying idea?

    submitted by /u/sigoshere
    [link] [comments]

    Sports card live breaks and eBay auctions.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:54 AM PDT

    Hi all, I'm a big fan of sports trading cards! I collect baseball cards of my own but in recent years, especially over the last few months, sports card market have absolutely skyrocketed with no signs of stopping or slowing down anytime soon. With this exponential interest in cards blasting up, the live break; where people list products with for sale and sell either the product as a whole to someone or they do group breaks where individuals buy individual teams, teams prices are set based on the value of cards that are in that particular product for that particular team. For example if team A has a lot of stars or rookie potential stars, that team will be sold for more than team B. The other way they product is sold is that individuals buy a random team and they random off each team in the product for a set price. I'm not looking for anyone to to find my additions to my own collection. I won't ever buy into my own breaks. I sincerely enjoy opening baseball cards and finding big hits! I would live stream each break. I would sell breaks via eBay and other areas that sports card investors frequent and eventually sell straight from my own website. I see real opportunity to be able to invest and make some money. I'm not looking to get rich but a steady side income would be stellar. If anyone is interested in this please. Shoot me a DM and I would love to answer questions and show you some of the things that I'm excited about! Thank you! I hope to hear from you.

    submitted by /u/Cows_Go_Huh
    [link] [comments]

    Shopify or Amazon/Ebay/Etsy Dropshipping?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:39 PM PDT

    which one do you think is more profitable? I like the ebay,amazon and etsy model because you dont have to pay for ads. But ive heard a lot about shopify.

    also how come i still see ads about mask on facebook? I thought you cant advertise mask anymore without getting ad banned?

    submitted by /u/BrothaEj
    [link] [comments]

    Startup run by Redditors

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:38 PM PDT

    Hey everyone! About 6 months ago I saw a post about creating a company that's sourced entirely by Redditors. I don't know if they actually made something but I fell in love with this idea.

    I'm 14 and very interested in business and entrepreneurship. I've been studying marketing, sales ecommerce, finance and graphic design for over a year now but it's hard to find business partners because no one takes me seriously due to my age.

    Due to the layoffs caused by Covid-19, there are a lot of very skilled jobless people. We could use everyone's skills and create a big success company.

    So if anyone is interested in a project like this, comment your thoughts and which useful skill you have. I'll put the interested people into one group chat and we'll go on from there!

    Stay safe!

    submitted by /u/JJposts
    [link] [comments]

    I want to open a bar/nightclub

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:36 PM PDT

    Any of you own a bar or a night club? If yes I would love to hear advice from you!

    submitted by /u/MoneyBoy22
    [link] [comments]

    Similar sounding name as other local company?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    Hi all. I'll get right to it. I've been coming up with names for a company. We will develop voice assistant apps for other business uses. I finally came up with a name I like and when I asked a friend that has a company for their opinion, he said it sounds too much like another local company. I've gone ahead and changed the names but made them sound alike in the same way the actual names sound alike.

    Let's call their company 'abu'. They are a local food delivery service in our country, much like uber eats. The name I thought of is 'nabau' (again, changed but the similarities to the other name is the same). I didn't think this would be an issue since we don't even compete and we have different audiences.

    However, I also found a 3-4 person local company called (once again changed) "NoabuTech". This one does software development, cloud solutions, etc which is definitely closer to my area and with even more similar sounding names. Could this be an issue? Should I look for a new name?

    Also: the word 'abu' before I changed it is an actual dictionary word. The other company 'noabu' before I changed it is a misspelling of an english word. My name is a mix of 2 misspellings in 2 different languages so in reality it doesn't mean anything since it's not obvious and just looks completely made up. I don't know if that makes any difference.

    I sure hope me changing the names still takes across the message and doesn't just make me sound like an idiot lmao

    TL;DR Does 'nabau' sound enough like 'abu' or 'noabu' to cause legal issues?

    submitted by /u/BigFalconRocketeer
    [link] [comments]

    How to find the right business

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:28 PM PDT

    I'm 23 years old and about to graduate college with a degree in MIS. I love technology and I believe I will enjoy the work I'll be doing after school. However, ultimately i want to start my own business. My plan at the moment is to start saving as soon as I start working to prepare for this. The problem is at the moment I have no idea what this business would be. Can anyone give some advice on how to figure this out. Right now I'm thinking about going into consulting so I can get a better understanding of what businesses need and how they operate. Then I can take that knowledge and apply that to whatever I start. At some point I want to create something that is my own. Any advice on what you would do in my situation would be awesome.

    submitted by /u/shredcity97
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to start a business in the next five years - what graduate career path should I pick?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:23 PM PDT

    I'm soon graduating with a degree in mechanical engineering and need to think about what career path to go down. I'm very keen to start my own business around five years after graduating (have started a business before but in a saturated market with limited growth potential, now closed -- another story) and I'm looking for a graduate job will allow me to learn as much as possible and put me in the best position to launch a successful business.

    The options I've whittled it down to are (a) Get a job in an engineering consultancy/in industry (b) Get a job in a management consultancy

    The advantages of (a) are that I have the opportunity to learn a lot of 'concrete' skills with which I could launch an engineering business/consultancy, however, I am likely to face a lot of competition from the established agencies and will need to be meticulous in searching for an as-yet untapped niche.

    The advantages of (b) are that I have the opportunity to see how a lot of successful businesses operate, improve my soft skills, and build contacts at the management-level. Although I'm not sure how much of that would be transferable to a start-up outside of the management consultancy realm.

    I suppose what I'm trying to work out is whether it's worth sticking with engineering and continuing to build up the technical skills that I already have (which seems like a much more solid foundation for a business) or switching to management consulting which has the potential for me to build up soft skills, but seems a lot less of a secure start-up foundation to me -- which makes me feel as though I could end trapped working in other people's companies.

    I certainly have my own opinions on this but I would love to hear what path the good folks of r/entrepreneur think would give me the best foundation for a successful start-up. Cheers!

    submitted by /u/Country_Yokel
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think about our new APP? Please share your valuable opinions

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    Hiii,

    We just launched our APP Yesterday.
    Named UNBLND, it's a community-based social network that connects like-minded people.

    Would love to see your valuable feedback, I wondered especially if you had some feedback on the UI/UX of the app (screenshots on the link below).

    https://ibb.co/album/wJb7m3 - Screenshots from the app

    Play Store - Android

    App Store - IOS

    Thanks for the feedback

    ....................................................................
    If you want to know more

    How it Works?

    Let's say you travel or moved to a new city, or just bored at home. And you love drinking beer, if you choose drinking beer as one of your interest/activity in app, you'll be suddenly put in an interest group where people are also interested in drinking beer. So, you can make a plan in the group for drinking beer in Pub. Then you can meet in a real-life and enjoy your beer with them! That is simple and effective. You can find your tech buddy, yoga buddy, etc.

    What makes us different from other social networks?

    -Your profile is never public – Users in your group will only have access to your individual profile when you both agree to unblnd (be friend).

    -Your events will not be publicly visible.

    As a result, appearance will not be the main factor (compared to other apps)

    Thanks for the feedback

    submitted by /u/Raul_go
    [link] [comments]

    Perspective

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:04 PM PDT

    I have my issues. Just from the little money I saved, I can kinda tell that money won't make me happy. Whether I have 7K or 7 mil, I will feel exactly as I am now. University life was difficult. Engineering back when I did it in 2002, was exceedingly difficult. I tried to stick with it, I was on year seven or so in my five year course. But some of that really was because I had a really sheltered childhood and strongly felt I was unready for the "real world".

    Slowly I am trying to take my life far more seriously. Suppose I really commit myself to making a lot of money. I have missed the boat with it comes to love, marriage and children. When I was young I had really high expectations for myself and because life didn't take me anywhere near close to meeting them. Out of a sense of shame and embarrassment, I turned away from all my old friends. Outside of my immediate family, I am truly alone.

    Putting happiness aside, I can try really hard to make a lot of money. Suppose I do all the right things for the next 20 years. I pay all the bills, I get rid all of my family's debt. But will I be truly be satisfied and happy after all that? Or I can just keep my 6am to 2pm job and I have to admit I truly don't mind if I am stuck in it forever so long as I am happy with my life.

    Ultimately, I think it is impossible to know. It just feels like a massive gamble to me. I think what most people do is try as hard as they possibly can and figure things out along the way. Fuck, thinking about my life makes me extreme emotional.

    submitted by /u/Zwischenzug
    [link] [comments]

    Using Amazon's Product Images...

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    Hello, I am inquiring on if we are allowed to use Amazon's product images, for an affiliate site.

    For example, I notice Groom And Style uses Amazon images that they've downloaded from Amazon.com, and then uploaded to their own server.

    I have read that this is against the Affiliate Program TOS, but it seems rarely enforced/unevenly enforced?

    I have a large affiliate site (over 150 pieces of content, 2,000 words each, all unique) - and I do not want my Amazon account to be taken down.

    Apologies, BTW, English is not my first language.

    submitted by /u/Crazy_Surprise756
    [link] [comments]

    Overcoming heavily saturated lower market

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 12:51 PM PDT

    So I've been meaning to start a Web Devving side hustle. My only "problem" is, thanks to Wordpress' entry ceiling being so low, the market in my country is ridiculously flooded and that has driven pricing to the floor (as in it wouldn't be a surprise to see pricing like $15p/m for a whole website on a per month pricing model for a website's creation AND maintenance)

    I don't want my pricing to be that low, because i know what the mid-upper end of the market's pricing is. How would i differentiate myself early on so that i compete at mid/upper market level, instead of getting trapped into the lower end of the model, where the pricing is almost not even worth the work?

    submitted by /u/TheLegendOfMusa
    [link] [comments]

    Help validate my idea: A widget for local print shop owners to embed in their website that allows a convenient file-upload-to-print service

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 12:28 PM PDT

    I recently needed to print out a few PDFs. I tried using the local print shops before heading to a big chain store like Staples, but none of them had an easy and intuitive way to at least start the process online. (upload the pdf, preview it, select print options, i.e. color, double-sided, etc.) Especially in these times, it's very much desired to at least start the process online and then pick it up without having to wait inside a building.

    The customer could customize the options, e.g. supported paper types, sizes, maximum number of copies, price per copy, and theming (colors to match their brand). They then get the code to embed the widget in their site.

    A very small idea, but basically it would just be a one-time purchase of the widget without having to pay a developer to integrate this feature into their website directly. Of course there are create-your-own-widget sites out there, but IMO they're very general and can be a bit intimidating for a non-techie and they also tend to require reoccurring payments.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/redditindisguise
    [link] [comments]

    How can I avoid copyright/ legal trouble while dropshipping anime merchandise?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 12:08 PM PDT

    I'm 15 and I've created a drop shipping store selling anime merchandise(haven't begun marketing yet) but it's been brought to my attention that I could face trouble due to copyright infringement. How can I avoid any trouble?

    Also, there's similar dropshipping stores, some are big and some are small. How are they selling? I highly doubt that all of them have license agreements unless maybe it's from their suppliers. I've done a bit of research from answers people got asking similar questions to mine. Some said that as long as you are legally buy the products(I'm using aliexpress) then I can legally resell the products at whatever price I wanted( I'm dropshipping).

    I've also been told that I should check with my suppliers and ask them if they have licensing agreements

    I'll leave this answer I found from quora: "Well, here's the thing. It's not illegal to resell something once you have legally purchased it. There is a supreme court case that backs it up. It dealt with some student that was importing books from his native country (outside of the US), and reselling them inside the US for profit. The court sided with the student, saying it was legal, as long as they were illegally made copies. So, as long as he was actually buying the books legitimately and legally it was ok to resell them for profit. Supreme Court: You Bought It, You Own It, You Can Resell It Of course this could be different than manufactured products, rather than published products… There are just so many fine print and loop holes that it is hard to say. I'm not a lawyer or attorney, so everything I say should be taken lightly, but I would assume you are legally allowed to sell anything you have acquired legally based off that court case. Say for instance, you bought out an entire collection of pokemon products at a local retailer. You should then be legally to resell those products at whatever price you wanted. Should apply to dropshipping to, as it basically is the same thing. Again, don't quote me on this."

    I'm just stressed out about this and I don't know what to do. Any advice helps, thank you.

    submitted by /u/52Johan
    [link] [comments]

    Did anyone change his enviroment and became succesful/more productive/more happy? Maybe a sunnier climate or a citie with more like minded people?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 11:54 AM PDT

    I wonder if a change of enviroment does something for you.. i feel stuck in gray and wet europe ... and it sucks the energy out if me. also it lacks people that share the same problems and challanges.

    but on the other hand i think that would be an excuse.. cause i have everything i need.

    submitted by /u/GrandRub
    [link] [comments]

    E-commerce marketplace

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 11:22 AM PDT

    Since the rise of e-commerce is growing into a tremendous sector, have anyone come across a market place or some type of search directory that share companies who sell various products or services?

    submitted by /u/cellycel92
    [link] [comments]

    What are the most creative ways you've marketed your tours & travel company especially with the rise of social media? Kindly assist, I assume the methods can work in any corner of the world! Any advice from other industries will help too.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 11:12 AM PDT

    Well, i just started a tours & travel company for local tourists and maybe in future international tourists. I find that marketing is a huge hustle though. kindly if you've ran any successful marketing campaigns , share your tips , lessons and experiences.. I will highly appreciate. Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/Rouuaaz
    [link] [comments]

    Applying for a new job, should I include my start-up in my CV?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 11:07 AM PDT

    My start-up is growing, cash generative and doing really well but it's not enough to sustain me full-time.

    I have recently been made redundant and need a new job. I'm not sure if I should list my start-up on job applications as experience. I've had to develop a significant set of skills across so many areas that will be helpful to any role, but I'm concerned I won't get hired as I may be considered a flight risk.

    I appreciate it's a niche circumstance, but would appreciate any advice from someone who's been through something similar?

    PS - one idea I had was to list my exp as a 'consultant'

    EDIT: I am full-time employed and do my start-up on the side

    submitted by /u/DiamondGorilla
    [link] [comments]

    Stop Using Entrepreneur in Your Profile Bio

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 07:16 AM PDT

    The pretenders are gonna hate this https://link.medium.com/zUFsB0Bljab

    submitted by /u/banterman2501
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment