• Breaking News

    Friday, October 16, 2020

    Accomplishments and Lesson Learned Friday! - (October 16, 2020) Entrepreneur

    Accomplishments and Lesson Learned Friday! - (October 16, 2020) Entrepreneur


    Accomplishments and Lesson Learned Friday! - (October 16, 2020)

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 06:12 AM PDT

    Please use this thread to share any accomplishment you care to gloat about, and some lessons learned.

    This is a weekly thread to encourage new members to participate, and post their accomplishments, as well as give the veterans an opportunity to inspire the up-and-comers.

    Since this thread can fill up quickly, consider sorting the comments by "new" (instead of "best" or "top") to see the newest posts.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Over $10,000 in revenue in 3 months from complete scratch selling shirts - Sold the business to pursue something else - here are my takeaways.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    In June of 2020, I quit my job and decided to start a business until I found another (I was depressed and hated my job so much) .

    Whenever someone tells me they want to start a T-shirt company, I cringe. Usually this means creating a shitty logo, putting it on a shirt, and trying to sell them. I want to make this loud and clear: NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR BRAND. YOUR LOGO HAS 0 VALUE AND GIVES CONSUMERS 0 REASON TO ACTUALLY BUY IT. Creating a shirt company will NEVER work if you try this (unless you're already an established brand).

    Here's what you should do if you want to try it:

    - BIGGEST PART - FIND A NICHE. This NEEDs to be something you're extremely familiar with and passionate about. For this example, let's use Mountain Biking. Find the websites that mountain bikers use, and start making some satire humorous shirts for these people. My specific niche had a HUGE base on twitter, so that's where I did most of my account growing.

    - POST MEMES. Nobody cares about your company, they will not follow your accounts just to see what new shirts you're going to drop. Create memes that only mountain bikers will understand (social currency), and be active. Engage with the community. Post your shirts as you drop new ones, but stick to 80-90% memes

    Extra: There's a lot that I'm missing, and my inbox is open if you guys have any questions. I sold my business to pursue a career I got FROM THE BUSINESS (I'm 23 years old). The founder of a BIG company in my industry found my twitter account and followed us, which led to a conversation and then a job offer. I started last week.

    TLDR - Don't make a logo and put it on a shirt. Nobody gives a shit. Provide value. Find an untapped niche that you're passionate about.

    submitted by /u/gangindisbitch
    [link] [comments]

    How to Market Your Startup? In case, you have no experience :)

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 05:51 AM PDT

    Hi folks!

    I prepared an in-depth guide on how to launch marketing for your startup w/o any experience.

    So, here you will learn about:

    • Basic Concepts of Startup Marketing
    • Competition Analysis as a part of Startup Marketing
    • Marketing Channels
    • Lean Approach to marketing

    I hope you will find this guide useful. Also, I'd be happy to hear your feedback here.

    There is a link - https://spdload.com/blog/startup-marketing/

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Spdload
    [link] [comments]

    I want to create a community for entrepreneurs who struggle with mental health.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 06:23 PM PDT

    Before any of the "GET THAT SNOWFLAKE SH*t OUTTA HERE" people comment, this isn't a cry for help because business is too hard and I need a safe space.

    EDIT: I've gone ahead and made it as a slack community, join below if interested

    https://join.slack.com/t/entrepreneurmhsupport/shared_invite/zt-il4pjek0-GeIJf~TEH7jzuFOh6_5YRA

    I'm actually going to put the TLDR here so you can stop reading If you'd like.

    TLDR: trying to build a community of entrepreneurs who struggle with mental health to support each other and discuss topics together. Where do I even start?

    Some context on me I'm a 25 year old digital marketing entrepreneur, I run a small firm with a team of 5, we focus on content creation, organic social media and social ads.

    We started the company in 2018 but before that I had worked for an agency as well as freelanced.

    When I was 17 I dated a crazy chick who was manipulative and abusive in several ways, not just to me but to her family as well. From being around it as much as i was I started to develop a bad depression, was struggling severely and even made an attempt on my life.

    So when I had moved into the corporate business world, it was shocking to see there were actually other CEO's, entrepreneurs, and business leaders who had gone through the same thing and some who still are.

    I had gotten a tattoo at 18 after my attempt on my left arm that says "be who you needed when you were in the storm" and seeing these people just made me reflect on it more.

    So I'm wondering where do I start? Who do I talk to? What platform do I use? Etc.

    Any help is appreciated!

    Thanks!

    EDIT: I've gone ahead and made it as a slack community, join below if interested

    https://join.slack.com/t/entrepreneurmhsupport/shared_invite/zt-il4pjek0-GeIJf~TEH7jzuFOh6_5YRA

    submitted by /u/MarketingMoney
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for people with the same mindset

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 03:48 AM PDT

    I'm 18 and I'm look for friends that have the same interests as me in business that I can talk to about ideas and learn from I'm not desperate for friends it's just I can't really talk about this stuff with them they'll think it won't work or whatever

    submitted by /u/donedone124
    [link] [comments]

    3 reasons “Crushing It” can tank your company (Or: The fallacy of the successful leader)

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    In 1982, scientists strapped shock collars to rats and put them into a two-room environment. Inside one room, the rats would be shocked intermittently at a strength of between 0% - 75%, whereas in the other room they would be subjected to a constant shock of 100% strength. Within a short while, all the rats had migrated into the second room, in effect choosing constant torture to intermittent pain. The same has been shown in (less painful) experiments with humans, illustrating the perhaps counterintuitive conclusion that humans generally prefer actually getting bad outcomes to the feeling of being vulnerable to potentially bad outcomes.

    Entrepreneurs are inherently vulnerable to potentially bad outcomes. No wonder we've evolved the remarkable adaptation to present an image of success and certainty, even when the reality is anything but. "Crushing it," I've heard it called.

    I used to do this better than most. I would project success at all times, carefully curating an image of the leader who was certain where he was going, and that he would get there. A never ending path up and to the right.

    To some degree people respond to that, what I call "Success & Certainty" leadership. Others, being just as uncomfortable with uncertainty as the entrepreneur, can flock to a leader who seems to know the answer. However, despite our lizard brain's millennia-old discomfort with vulnerability and uncertainty, I've found that there are a few major costs of Success & Certainty leadership, which collectively outweigh the benefits.

    1. YOU CAN'T SEE THE WHOLE ELEPHANT

    There's an old Buddhist parable about a group of blind men who stumble upon an elephant for the first time. In trying to collectively determine the nature of the creature they've met, they each touch different parts of the animal and describe their experience to one another. Feeling a tusk, one man describes elephants as hard like a rock, long and smooth. Another, feeling a leg, claims that elephants are as wide like a tree trunk and rough to the touch. A third, feeling an ear, states that elephants are paper-thin, hairy and wing-like. And so on.

    Business is like this. No matter where you are, C-suite or entry-level, you only have the ability to see part of the elephant. By projecting certainty in her beliefs (particularly if that certainty is bolstered by actual authority), a Successful & Certain leader inhibits her team from providing the additional perspectives necessary to help her see the whole elephant, and thereby makes worse decisions. Even if she has strong-willed leaders around her who put themselves at risk to help her see her blind spots, a Successful & Certain leader often experiences their opinions as challenges to her competence, and accordingly focuses more on defending her position than learning from other perspectives. Accordingly, Success & Certainty leaders tend to learn slowly on their own (often by painful experience), rather than learning quickly from the wisdom of their team.

    Incidentally, while this dynamic happens all the time within teams, it is just as prevalent with investors in the board room. Their lizard brain on alert, many CEOs try to impress their board with their competence even after they've received investment, even through the inevitable problems. They gloss over problems and instead focus on their solutions and how sure they are of them, making themselves feel safer while simultaneously preventing their board from actually helping.

    Better decisions come from a better understanding of the problem. This happens much more rapidly when you realize you can't see the whole elephant, and stop acting like it.

    1. SUCCESS & CERTAINTY EXACERBATES IMPOSTER SYNDROME

    For a long time running a startup, I had different responses to "how's it going" depending on the context, such that if an investor asked I'd spout off an anecdote about the growth of the market and an upcoming revenue milestone, while if it was an employee I'd offer up a cherry picked metric that showed the tremendous traction of the product. Either way, the impression the other person was left with was that we were "crushing it."

    Meanwhile, like all startups we faced tons of problems. Competition, software crashes, missed revenue milestones. The works. The juxtaposition between maintaining a public persona of success while frantically trying to solve life-threatening problems behind the scenes can feel a lot like living a double life. Like a kind of startup kabuki, where you have to strap on a mask to go to work.

    Anyone stretching themselves to create something brand new is going to battle some amount of imposter syndrome. This is bad enough when it's all in your head, but deliberately cultivating an image of success and masking real problems can make it much worse.

    As an entrepreneur, it's not your responsibility to blurt out all your business' warts and pimples on the first date. There's a reason many women wear makeup and we guys put on nice clothes: presentation makes it easier to attract people, be they dates, employees or investors.

    But building a business is inherently uncertain, and everyone involved knows it. Present your business's best side, but be up front about its weak spots and holes as well. Investors (or employees) will respect you for your transparency, and you'll have enlisted an ally in solving the actual problems your business faces, rather than a low-key threat with a checkbook.

    1. PROJECTING SUCCESS & CERTAINTY STIFLES INNOVATION

    Imagine if, when you were trying to start your business, all your friends spun up businesses at the same time and all of theirs were successful without any problems. Not only would you have to solve the problems inherent in starting a business, but you'd also have to deal with the uncomfortable possibility that starting a business was actually easy, and you were just uncommonly bad at it.

    This is what it feels like to innovate within a company where all the metrics are up and to the right. Or a company in which the leader is so Successful & Certain that it seems that way.

    Innovation requires taking a risk. Creating something new requires putting some part of yourself on the line, emotionally taking the chance that the thing you create might suck and everyone might laugh at you. Leaders that seem like they're successful all the time (whether or not it's true) make their employees less likely to take the risks necessary to innovate, because employees don't want to be the only one who fails.

    THE ALTERNATIVE

    So, if we've thoroughly debunked the efficacy of leading from a place of Success and Certainty, what's the alternative? Failure and uncertainty leadership? We're supposed to go around unsure of ourselves and telling everyone about each thing that goes wrong?

    Definitely not. Clarity of vision is critical in leadership, despite the uncertainty of achieving it. Otherwise you'd never know where you're leading.

    The key to strong leadership, I've found, is in being at once both Vulnerable and Committed. Vulnerable, as in fully human, warts and all, with nothing hidden. Committed as in acknowledging the difficulty of what you're doing in building a company, and fully dedicated to marching forward toward your vision anyway.

    Next week, we'll dive into what this looks like.

    To be continued…

    ———

    From Second Mountain Startup the weekly newsletter for purpose driven entrepreneurs.

    submitted by /u/ryanhvaughn
    [link] [comments]

    How to find like-minded friends and mentors

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 09:52 AM PDT

    You see this get asked all the time, mostly from younger people but I wanted to share my experience.

    First, you just need to find 1, the rest will come. Second, it needs to be genuine otherwise it won't work.

    Seek out an older, more experienced entrepreneur. Online communities are a great place to start. Networking events suck, don't waste your time unless you want to just try and pick up some chicks (or dudes if you're a chick already).

    Another place I would try, the golf course. I didn't do this but I know a lot of them like to golf.

    Older entrepreneurs (all my friends were 45ish to over 60, maybe even 65) want to have young blood around, especially if they show the same interest and are respectful.

    I met my good friend on a forum and he has had huge success in his life, hes also lost it all many times, but he has experience. I met him when I was looking to move to the same state as him, he was nice enough to grab lunch when I was visiting looking at apartments. Had a great time just discussing different things including business.

    I'll admit I was hoping to have a business relationship that would benefit me but I never pushed it. I would throw out feelers here and there but nothing crazy. I also just wanted a friend because I knew 1 other person near where I was moving.

    When I moved, we would meet for lunch once a week, talk business, cars, etc. I learned a lot from him. I lived an hour away at the time but when I ended up moving to the same city we use to hang out more. It was like a scene out of Goodfellas, everywhere we went he (and eventually I) knew all the big shots at the places, 20 people acknowledging you while you're walking in...ahhh the good times. Back on topic...

    Something important, I figured out it was not necessary to get anything from him money or business wise, never asked anymore. Not that I really asked, I would throw a "If I find something, would you be interested" every now and again. I had my business that was growing. We would share knowledge and experience both ways.

    Eventually he introduced me to his friends, all successful people. I've learned a lot from these guys, seen some crazy businesses, etc. I'm sure if I needed something or had a good business opp, I could go to these guys and get what I need but I never look at it this way.

    One of his friends, smartest guy I've ever met, like you'd think he was weird by what he thinks up but its just on another level. He made millions by finding this crazy deal that you'd think were crazy. On the lines of paying a nickel for something worth hundreds. How? idk but he did it.

    Another guy, we're sitting at the country club that is like $50k a year or something stupid having wine and he's like "Yea, I need to call [insert billionaire's name] and have dinner with him, it's been a while". Another story is like "I was in LA and I decided to see if [insert former NBA player, now coach name] was free. He was and he met us out for drinks."

    Being 20+ years younger and new to the group, I usually just sat and listened. Here I was, the kid in the group, just blown away by the knowledge. I mean, you have guys who have been doing this for 40-50 years. Thats a lot. They've experienced things most people never have, not your parents or teacher. Amazing stories, hookers, blow, yea... lol jk kind of.

    The original friend also ended up giving me a HUGE business opp that I never asked for. I knew he was doing the business but originally told him it was a dumb idea. Later on, I joined the team, got a sweet deal, bought extra equity, was one of his main guys pretty quick. The business failed but thats another story, it legit had an 9 figure, maybe 10, exit if we didn't fuck it up (we did so much wrong now that I look back, hindsight).

    We'd go out almost every night and talk alot about the business. I wish he listened to me more but what can you do. We all made bad decisions but we learned a lot. I lost over $100k from the deal, from a friend...people are shocked I'm not mad at him but thats part of business. I knew what I was risking, I knew what I was doing when I put money in.

    Granted my personal life took a change (getting married and having a kid), but its fun going out with these guys. They usually have a lot in common aside from business but you can learn a lot from them.

    On a final note, my experience may be different, it might not, but kids are usually trying to go to far the other way. I guess if you find exactly what you are in your group of friends it'll work, but thats not the best way IMO. For example, a bunch of 20 year olds dont want to drink or party but want to talk business amongst friends... a lot of the people I've met like to go out and party (not frat parties), but they go out and drink, have a good time, etc... they want to live life and enjoy it. Like I said, they're also older.

    So that went a lot longer than expected.

    TL:DR: Find older entrepreneur (forums, golf course, even high end bars), make friends, don't make it about business, business will get brought in naturally.

    submitted by /u/oddball09
    [link] [comments]

    Which of Elon Musk's startups will be the most successful 10 years from now and why?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 08:44 AM PDT

    I recently heard this question asked on a (virtual) roundtable for young entrepreneurs and heard some interesting replies. Thought I would pose it here and see what everyone thinks.

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Fairy__Nuff
    [link] [comments]

    Business books ��

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 01:06 AM PDT

    What books would you recommend to entrepreneurs?

    I'm currently reading 'The deep work' It's about gaining clear focus and working in a productive state of workflow 💫

    submitted by /u/zxmbiz
    [link] [comments]

    American Entrepreneurs, I’m based in South Africa and I’m looking for a reliable supplier of human hair in India. From my research the biggest market for Indian hair is America. Huge potential in South Africa so I’d like to explore it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 09:45 AM PDT

    There are thousands of companies that are able to supply but I'd like to see if anyone can help with connecting me with an established source.

    submitted by /u/azuerus2000
    [link] [comments]

    Bootstrapped Biz Wiped out by Covid

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 11:15 AM PDT

    Three years ago I opened my business. In January of 2020, I was on target for the business to be financially self-sustaining with the high analysis pointing to a good profit margin for the 2021 fiscal year. Then COVID happen and now my business is closed and I am in debt with no job (I have been looking for employment since September). I'm just wondering if I am the only entrepreneur who bootstrapped their biz prior to COVID and lost it all. If you also bootstrapped your biz and was drastically affected by COVID please let me know. I feel no one is talking about us little people who gave everything for the dream only to have no support from our communities and government besides the option of taking on more debt with no idea if you will ever be able to pay it back.

    submitted by /u/meme_mom1208
    [link] [comments]

    Best place to outsource developers?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 08:33 AM PDT

    A friend of mine recently recommended Greece, but I had not known about this as a hub for outsourced devs. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Fairy__Nuff
    [link] [comments]

    Library for Startup

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 05:45 AM PDT

    Hi everyone. Sorted out some cool articles, resources, and templates. Am sure it would be useful if you are holding Startup idea:
    https://www.urlaunched.com/blog/library-for-startups

    submitted by /u/one_ivan
    [link] [comments]

    Help with price changes as a seller

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 02:04 PM PDT

    I've been taking a look at my previous prices over the years and I've been considering increasing my prices lately. I sell photographs, using a wholesale supplier for bulk buying.

    I've sold 6x4" sized photographs individually at £3.99-£4.99 or 8x6" sized photos at £7.99 to £9.99 when I first started. Now I sell in packs of 10, ranging from £19.99 for 6x4" sized (£1.99 each), to £49.99 (£4.99 each) for A4 sized with free delivery. My orders have increased substantially and I'm making £1,300 in the past 90 days, around £1,000 profit

    But I've been considering increasing every price by £10, so £29.99 for 6x4" sized and £59.99 for A4 sized with free 1st delivery or next day delivery if possible. However I'm not sure if it'll scare away customers

    Is it the right move? Should I contact my regular customers? If so, what should I tell them?

    submitted by /u/anon_nonapplicable
    [link] [comments]

    How to restructure when multiple companies exist under the same umbrella?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 01:36 PM PDT

    Recently the company I work for, as a director of a client facing department, was acquired along with 3 other companies all that serve complimentary services/software to the software we provide. The higher ups are now having us restructure roles so that we one day in the future (not sure how long is expected) will operate as a single entity and roles are no longer specific to the company in which you came from.

    Fortunately, some of our clients had already been using two or more of our now suite of products together but that is not the case for most.

    Has anyone gone through this and care to share some advice for how I can approach things on the client success/account management/support/etc side of things?

    Couple notes:

    • This happened right before the pandemic and our industry was affected so layoffs have happened across the board and we're operating pretty lean right now.
    • Software integrations are being worked on and underway, also I'm not working on the tech side of things so I can't speak too much to that yet.
    • Each company's product(s) is fairly complex with a medium to very difficult learning curve.

    I think the biggest problem I'm seeing is that some people believe there is a cookie cutter "template" that can be applied here based around the previous roles people had and I don't necessarily 100% agree but I also do not know an alternative solution that may be better.

    submitted by /u/ComprehensiveDig8
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Advice/Business Ideas

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    My husband and I have $2500 that we would like to put towards a start up, but we have no idea what's really a good idea being that Corona Virus/COVID has everything in a weird spot (we're in America). I was wondering if you guys had any advice or are willing to share business ideas that you have on starting a business right now. Thank you in advance for all of your help!!

    submitted by /u/TShirtsNVans
    [link] [comments]

    Rant & request for advice: A portion of our small firm's services are reliant on a competitor and they have been actively hindering/blocking our ability to process our product due to our success.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 12:20 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, I hope this is the right sub to post in and if not, alternative suggestions would be helpful.

    TL;DR - Our company relies on another company to process certifications. We are also direct competitors. They've blocked our ability to provide our services through delay, not communicating and not even registering us professionally when required.

    ____

    Without giving too much detail, our small two man firm works within an overarching national program to deliver a product (a label) to our clients for certification purposes. Our work is overseen by another company who acts as the quality assurance, and processes our work to the national organization that delivers the certifications to our clients. However, this other company is also a direct competitor for the other 90% of services we provide to clients. In fact, as the market opened up in their region for this particular service, we moved in and gained a substantial marketshare due to our competitive pricing, turnaround time and one-on-one customer service with clients. The other company assumed they would be holding the entire market in this area as their own as they have no local competitors, however, our service is done remotely. Keep in mind, there are also other competitors who service the area but are physically outside the local.

    This move, necessary for our business, unfortunately and unintentionally, created friction between our company and the other company. We didn't realize how much so until files we were submitting to this company for review and forwarding on became more and more delayed to the point where we have files sitting at 6 months without review. The program requirements are 2 weeks. I know that I should have maybe escalated things sooner, but they would give us little nuggets of hope that things were being processed and every once in awhile they'd respond to calls or emails. They billed us for work, so we were under the assumption that things hand been processed. However, upon follow up with clients, we realized they had not received the final certifications. This not only has impacted our reputation (which would have been pristine otherwise), but we have lost two (possibly more) clients due to these delays and the fact that the product has not been delivered as promised, especially not in a timely manner. Further, the company failed to even register one of us as a certified professional after all requirements were fulfilled, blocking their work from being processed completely. They had told us they had registered them months ago.

    We recently found another company to work with who can process many of our files and are much more accessible and professional. However, they cannot process a small fraction of very, very specialized certifications as they themselves are being stonewalled by the industry which requires additional certifications as a company in order to do so, without providing the opportunity to even complete the certification. This leaves one particular client hanging without their final product until I can find another company willing to take us on for a handful of files.

    Our plan is to move over fully to the new company, and try very hard to find a third company who will process our specialized files but this is very difficult to do in our industry. I have documented the delinquent files and intend on writing the national organization in order to initiate a formal complaint toward the first company. I have a client (one we had lost, and one that we still have a specialized file hanging in the air for) who is willing to support us and write a letter explaining the impact of not receiving their certification on time and what impact that has on their own business.

    The problem with our industry is merging government programs with private competition. Small firms like ours are vulnerable and almost powerless as we rely on our competitors to provide us services. We as a company are too "inexperienced" to be able to register ourselves to process certifications as per program guidelines. This means that there is a ton of gatekeeping by businesses in order to stonewall new entrants into the industry which is growing due to many reasons on multiple fronts. I'm incredibly frustrated and have maintained professionalism throughout this ordeal but at the end of the day, this is business and it's affected our business financially.

    Honestly, it's not enough to even think about suing and I don't need that stress as well. But I guess I just wanted to vent, get some outside opinions and maybe some suggestions. Has anyone else been in this situation?

    submitted by /u/struggle_cuddle_club
    [link] [comments]

    I'm a Dutch law student who is specialized in (Dutch) Corporate Law and Financial Law. I want to start a side hustle and help startups. How can I make this work?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 12:08 PM PDT

    Title is self-explanatory.

    My main goal is to become a corporate or banking lawyer, but to increase my chances of becoming one, I want to do this. Obviously I don't want to be a rival to these firms, but I'd still like to be of service. I've done internships at corporate and banking law firms. I already have a law degree (doing my second master atm).

    What I'm thinking of doing stuff that's too expensive for startups to go to those firms.

    How can I make this work?

    submitted by /u/Salduz
    [link] [comments]

    How to go about starting freelance tech support?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 11:30 AM PDT

    I've been doing IT support / related for many many years. I know my way around just about any hardware / software issue. I want to start freelancing tech support but im not sure where to start.

    Do I create and hand out flyers? What else could I do? Certainly could get a website going but im lost on how to get first customers and start growing.

    Thanks all!

    submitted by /u/ZenBuddhism
    [link] [comments]

    International clients?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 11:23 AM PDT

    Hi- I have an online health coaching biz in US. I'm contemplating reaching out to people in other countries as I'm trilingual and have dual citizenship.

    What would be the best way to do this? I'm concerned about how to charge on US dollars or their currency? Do I need to open a business license in the other country? What about taxes??

    Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/brazian1283
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know how companies can offer fixed-price shipping to virtually any country?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 11:11 AM PDT

    I'm asking specifically in the context of wrist watches, but I'm sure this applies to other industries.

    If you haven't heard of a micro-brand wrist watch, it's a watch made by an individual in very limited one-off runs (usually around 300 units). They'll come up with a design and contract a factory in Hong Kong to make the watch, they'll take their orders, and they'll ship the watch out to almost any country for $30 shipping. Often it ships right from HK, but also sometimes from the US or Europe.

    I understand most of the model pretty well at this point, but I'm missing how they're able to offer world-wide shipping for $30. It's usually via DHL, but DHL quotes I'm seeing are 4x that price.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/NotBlotto
    [link] [comments]

    Discover 7 fundamental features your business website needs to succeed

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    Here is the full guide

    submitted by /u/dotxyz
    [link] [comments]

    Are professional service businesses usually better with partnerships?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 11:04 AM PDT

    Are professional services such as law,accounting, and insurance usually a business with 2 owners.

    I have noticed that compared to other business such as plumbing, construction and pizza stores, Professional services such as accounting,law, insurance are usually partnership businesses.

    Is this because of the higher risk?

    Genuinely curious.

    submitted by /u/217wave
    [link] [comments]

    Mentor

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 10:33 AM PDT

    I'm 18 and looking for a mentor type of person that could give me some good knowledge anyone here successful through social media marketing and could answer a few questions for me ?

    submitted by /u/donedone124
    [link] [comments]

    non "guru" business models/ Frustrated 17 year old

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 11:55 PM PDT

    hi im 17 I've tried to do "make money online" business models SMMA ECOMM Affiliate marketing and none of them worked for me (I put tons of effort in and got no sales I can give details/numbers if needed). What are online business models you can start that are remote but arent Guru BS or just sell stuff from your attic models? I know a guy who does commercial finance which is a bit heavy but still it's a remote non make money online business. apologies for the length I am super frustrated I've spent 1.5 years trying to make it work and made $250. any replies are much-appreciated thanks.

    submitted by /u/bigpapi29
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment