• Breaking News

    Friday, October 16, 2020

    Financial Independence Daily FI discussion thread - October 16, 2020

    Financial Independence Daily FI discussion thread - October 16, 2020


    Daily FI discussion thread - October 16, 2020

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 01:07 AM PDT

    Please use this thread to have discussions which you don't feel warrant a new post to the sub. While the Rules for posting questions on the basics of personal finance/investing topics are relaxed a little bit here, the rules against memes/spam/self-promotion/excessive rudeness/politics still apply!

    Have a look at the FAQ for this subreddit before posting to see if your question is frequently asked.

    Since this post does tend to get busy, consider sorting the comments by "new" (instead of "best" or "top") to see the newest posts.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    What was the last straw that made you decide to quit your job and FIRE

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    This year has made me realize how tenuous life is and how I don't want to be in the corporate world all my life. I like traveling, have a lot of hobbies, and I want to give attention to my artistic/creative side. I love creating things but I have no time for it. I don't have enough to retire fully but I think I'm financially independent enough where I don't need my six figure salary.

    I'm thinking about turning into a public teacher. I'll have more time off and I should have a small pension. But I always find an excuse not to take the leap. This year my excuse is that I'm working from home which I love and it's hard for me to leave a six-figure WFH situation. But I hate the work side of my job and I just go in between. I worry that I'm taking my job for granted...no doubt there would be a scramble for my position because a lot of people in my industry are laid off right now. So I go back and forth.

    submitted by /u/shroomcolors
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly FI Frugal Friday thread - October 16, 2020

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 01:08 AM PDT

    Please use this thread to discuss how amazingly cheap you are. How do you keep your costs low? How do become frugal without taking it to the extremes of frupidity? What costs have you realized could be cut from your life without pain? Use this weekly post to discuss Frugality in general. While the Rules for posting questions on the basics of personal finance/investing topics are more relaxed here, the rules against memes/spam/self-promotion/excessive rudeness/politics still apply!

    Since this post does tend to get busy, consider sorting the comments by "new" (instead of "best" or "top") to see the newest posts.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get back on track?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 04:12 PM PDT

    Hi all. So I've put myself in a really shitty situation. And I know that and I wanna fix it.

    I have roughly $30,000 of student loan debt, no degree.

    I have roughly $2,000 of credit card debt.

    And my bank account is currently negative $900.

    I do live in an apartment with a roommate, my rough monthly expenses including food, gas, and rent/utilities is $1000.

    I'm about to start a new job which will pay me $13.00/hr and I'll be working 32 hours a week.

    I have shit credit too, it's around 580.

    I honestly don't know what to do. I can't get a debt consolidation loan because of my credit and everything is due. How can I fix this? I really don't see any way out. My family doesn't have money or good enough credit to co-sign a debt consolidation loan and I just have no where to turn. Anyone know of options I can take?

    submitted by /u/DurangoBasedGiant
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment