• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 10, 2019

    My company CANNOT get insurance, denied by over 50 carriers. I am at a loss. small business

    My company CANNOT get insurance, denied by over 50 carriers. I am at a loss. small business


    My company CANNOT get insurance, denied by over 50 carriers. I am at a loss.

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 10:11 AM PDT

    I am located in New York State. I have a makerspace, a company that has a workshop with 3-D printers, lasers, milling machine, small hand tools etc.

    We do a variety of consulting work on projects: set design, web design, 3-D modeling, building of design, teaching classes etc. We want members to be able to come in and use the machines when trained.

    We just started actually making money, set up a payroll and were denied workers comp because we dont have liability.

    This has literally been impossible, cant get insurance, keep getting denied, they give no reason, they wont tell us why.

    Idk how I am supposed to even run a company if we get bigger. We probably will make 40K this year. Think of this EXACTLY like a shop class, an updated one with 3D printers, lasers etc.

    Its so frustrating, in dire need of help and advice.

    Edit: I mean general liability insurance

    submitted by /u/thanksfortheride
    [link] [comments]

    Competitor trying to sabotage our business

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 01:00 AM PDT

    We have very good reason to believe our only direct competitor in a market is attempting to sabotage our business. They have had their friends hire us to do work, claim we have done damage that is hard to prove we did not and then file complaints with our governing agency in attempts to shut us down. They have also made false claims about how we are conducting our business on social media, also hard to prove we are not doing what they say we are, and sent us threatening letters from their corporate lawyers. We are a local small business, they are a large multi million dollar franchise run by a local. What do we do?

    submitted by /u/gizsifdaw
    [link] [comments]

    How many of you offline businesses have websites ? Is it absolutely necessary ?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 06:34 AM PDT

    Fellow small business owners, need a little support and advice.

    Few days back a local acrylic artisan who owns a small shop at a remote corner of the street walked into my office (I run a full scale cloud computing agency). He looked like he was struggling to make ends meet yet he carried a very contagious smile. Intrigued by his persona I sat down for a few minutes with him.

    He narrated his woes about how his business was failing even though he was a very skilled artisan with modern equipment ( I saw his work, he wasn't kidding. He makes some of the best handmade mementos and awards I have seen lately) and how he thought that having a website could help him get more customers/inquiries. I patiently listened to him as he narrated his ordeal in finding a proper agency to him get a website for his business. He apparently was quoted 600$-1000$ by various agencies and freelancers. (We make web-applications regularly and we charge much more than that but we do not make static websites, at-least till now) His budget ? 90 bucks. I had to ask him to leave as there was no way we could make one for him within that budget. I wanted to help this man out badly at that moment but there was no way my other partners would have agreed to make a static website and that too at such a budget. He left with the same smiling face that he came with.

    That night I couldn't sleep. I had never felt so guilty in my entire life. I spent the entire night pacing up and down my bedroom. I finally decided that I will make one for him myself from scratch after office hours. Now what would a small business want/need in a website ? More importantly what should a small business website have in it so as to benefit the business?

    I listed out the following which I thought would be important-

    1-Contact us option, maybe a live chat option using WhatsApp or Messenger API and call now option and maybe email now option too?

    2-Find us section ? How to make it even more easy to find a small business ? Google maps integration ?

    3-A section to display some of the products/services ?

    4-A small section for the owner to mention why someone should choose them ?

    5-The story of the business ?

    6-Opening hours too ?

    Then I had a realization. How many small businesses would be needing such a website like that guy ? How about I made something which can be of help to all the small businesses ? After all most of the small businesses would need the above features in their website.

    Sat down for 18 hours straight and voila- Here is the single page website!

    90$ websites for all small businesses with free hosting for the first year and 10$ from 2nd year on wards(for hosting and maintenance).

    Have called the guy in. His reaction would be worth seeing.

    Please provide some criticism on how can I improve the template ? And do you as a small business think it's worth it at the price point ? I am even thinking of making a mobile app from where one can change all the contents of the website in future.

    Edit 1- I understand wix,squarespace can be used to make websites but how many small businesses can afford to engage themselves to learn how to make one ? Are all small business owners acquainted with web builders ? And what about the hidden charges ? I made this website with one goal and only goal in mind- To facilitate a small business to get a website with least efforts. (Just fill in a form and send us some related pictures)

    Edit 2- This is not a side business for me but rather a way to connect with many small businesses who someday may need full fledge cloud services.

    Final Edit- Giving away this template for free to anyone who is interested in having their own single page website. (Have no intentions of generating PR or money from such stuff)

    submitted by /u/Trilochan20
    [link] [comments]

    100% Free Google Ads Consultation Services | Google AdWords Company | PPC SEO agency

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 02:48 AM PDT

    100% Free Google Ads Consultation Services | Google AdWords Company | PPC SEO agency

    Free Google Ads Consultation

    Are You stuck with Google Ads

    Don't Worry!!!

    We will Help you to

    *Increase Your Leads

    *Increase Your Conversation

    *Increase Your ROI 100%

    Totally Free Consultation Services

    No Hidden Cost

    We are Zuan Technologies, One of the Leading Google ads company, builds optimal Google ads support to your business. Give your ideas to us. We will Make it Live. Already have a Google Ads account Leave it to us. We take care of all the functional aspects of your ads. Totally Free Consultation Services. No Hidden Cost. Get optimized @ +91 9176011636

    https://www.zuantechnologies.com/google-ads-services

    submitted by /u/Zuan_Edu
    [link] [comments]

    I am doing free graphic design work

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 02:12 AM PDT

    Hello, I am doing free graphic design work, Yes you heard it right FREE!!!. No there's no hidden cost or anything involved whatsoever. So if you have logo,flyer,catalog,menu or anything that needs to be done. PM me.

    submitted by /u/agraphixa
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations for a mobile time clock

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 07:00 PM PDT

    I am looking for recommendations for a mobile app or similar to help me keep track of employee's hours making deliveries at customer sites. Ideally, it would be an app installed on the employee's phone that they could sign in/out of or an app that would be installed on the supervisor's phone they could log into.

    I don't need it to integrate with any accounting or payroll system.

    submitted by /u/SafetyMan35
    [link] [comments]

    Struggling to find a Hostel Premises in a UK City Centre

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 12:54 AM PDT

    In the UK, city centres are empty, there are boarded up shops and empty offices everywhere.

    I've been looking for a suitable premises to lease for months without much success.

    • There are lots of suitable properties in the location I want but the landlord and agents are always hesitant.
    • The landlord wants an easy life and doesn't want to convert his office space (even though it's been empty for years)
    • The agent just wants an easy life and won't even approach the landlord about a new opportunity.

    I know the ideal situation in this sector is to purchase so not have to deal with leases and the repair bill when you vacate.

    However, this is a sweaty startup and I won't be in a position to buy until the company is established.

    (most leases stipulate you must return the premises to the condition it was in before the lease, if I was to lease a big open office space and put up lots of stud partitioning to make dorms there's a lot of work pulling these down.)

    Any advice and wisdom would be welcome. How should I change my approach?

    submitted by /u/tesladellman
    [link] [comments]

    How to choose the best CRM solution for your business - step-by-step guide

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 12:19 AM PDT

    A growing business needs a CRM that can grow with it. One which allows extra bolt-on services to be added on an ad hoc basis, or simply up the features offered should you get to a point where the higher price point is necessary. The actions listed in the following overview help you make the right decision when choosing a CRM solution for your business: How to choose the best CRM for your business

    1. Identify current business needs - estimate the three essential CRM software features that any team needs (contact management, pipeline management, reporting and analytics)
    2. Be specific about your goals
    3. Involve your sales team in the business processes
    4. Read the reviews (Capterra, G2Crowd etc.)
    5. Contact the vendor
    6. Solve for now, but have the future in mind
    submitted by /u/thumbsdrivesmecrazy
    [link] [comments]

    20% of small businesses fail in their first year, 30% of small business fail in their second year, 50% of small businesses fail after five years, and 70% of small business owners fail in their 10th year in business.

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 11:44 PM PDT

    Congrats to those of us who are beating the odds. Comment how many years you've been in business, and if you want, your industry.

    ~ 6 years, software development

    submitted by /u/electricpianist
    [link] [comments]

    How do I know where to set up a pet store

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 11:17 PM PDT

    I live in a small town of around 2,250 and I am thinking about opening a pet store selling fish, reptiles, and spiders. There are a lot of kids in the area and some of the people here also have aquarium but few have reptiles . If I where to start one tho I would be the only one within at least a 40 min drive. so that could get the people from the other town over with a population of around 8.700 to drive 10 mins to get over to me and buy product. There used to be a small fish store a while ago but they went out of business around 2010.

    I think what I am asking is what are the ideal circumstances to open a small pet store and should I leave my home town to set up my business else where

    O ya all the buildings for rent there are old but are on the main road of the town so will the old buildings have a affect on the fish part

    If stuff does not make sense I wrote this in a hurry so ya.

    submitted by /u/That1WeirdNeigbor
    [link] [comments]

    What steps should I take to make my brokerage business professional and legitimate?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 05:48 PM PDT

    I'm in Ohio and have started a consulting/brokerage business on the side that I suspect will generate $60-80,000 over the next 12 months, with aggressive growth thereafter. I don't see adding employees or taking on a partner for a few years.

    My current customers are writing checks to me personally, and I would really like to separate the business from my personal accounts for professional appearances, liability and tax reasons.

    I'm aware that getting a DBA and an EIN is very simple and inexpensive. I'm just unsure what else I ought to be doing. Should I form an LLC? S Corp? What's the difference in practical terms?

    I don't want to do anything illegal and end up paying a bunch of fines, etc.

    If there is some basic advice that someone can share or link me to, I would be immensely grateful.

    submitted by /u/eatmorepizza
    [link] [comments]

    Gifting a small business away

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 04:57 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    i'm located in Ohio, looking to get rid of my business and sell/gift it to a friend. I don't want it anymore, but a friend wants to run it. It's an S Corp.

    Where do I even start? Is it as simple as putting a few forms in her name? Are there any tax considerations I have to worry about that you might know about? Should I get a lawyer for this to make sure nothing comes back at me, and what kind of lawyer do I look for? (Are there small business lawyers?)

    Thanks for the help, I've been digging for a while but want to finally pull the trigger.

    submitted by /u/Dipsendorf
    [link] [comments]

    POS for a chiropractors office?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 04:56 PM PDT

    I'm currently working in a chiropractors office as an office manager. We've been using MindBody as our booking/scheduling/payment software as it's HIPAA compliant, but really do not love the experience with MB. We're looking to switch to a different service to handle scheduling and payments but it also has to be HIPAA compliant.

    The front end (POS) that we're running is a dual monitor setup. The patient facing monitor displays our website (where patients can navigate our website and use mindbody to book) and the monitor facing me displays our business minbody login. This isn't really an ideal setup for a number of reasons so I'm looking for other options. I really like the asthetic of an iPad POS setup, like the ones at restaurants where the employee types in the order and flips the screen over so the customer can pay, tip, sign.

    Does anyone work in a healthcare setting? Use HIPAA compliant software? What POS do you use? Do you still use paper for intake documents? Any experience with MindBody? Acuity? Any thoughts or advice welcome. Thank you!!!

    submitted by /u/devilel
    [link] [comments]

    Need help figuring out how to ship coffee to Australia

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 07:50 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I live in Sydney and I want to organize regular coffee shipments from Colombia to Australia (Sydney as I live there). Just to mention, my girlfriend's family are coffee farmers in Colombia and have their own brand of coffee. I pretty much want to stick English labels on the packaging and ship it overseas.

    Big questions I got are:

    What's the best way to find reliable company to deliver coffee containers to Australia and what's the typical costs involved ?

    How hard is it to get roasted coffee through customs?

    Thanks for your help

    submitted by /u/andreyk88
    [link] [comments]

    Few questions about starting a business

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 03:59 PM PDT

    Hey there, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, if not, please guide me.

    I have a couple of questions related to starting a business, but before I jump to them I'm going to give a brief explanation.

    I want to sell digital goods such as account upgrades on a website, users that purchase the upgrade unlock additional areas of the website.

    Now, my question is, is there any service provider from either Europe or the United States that is offering the service of registering the business, handling payment platforms (such as PayPal, Stripe, etc) and paying taxes on my behalf? Of course, they would get their payments for doing all of this.

    If anyone knows of such, please point me in the right direction and I'll discuss more with such providers, if any exist.

    Any response is much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/edeen999
    [link] [comments]

    Need help! I am ready to finally start my own business, but family keeps saying to keep my job because I will be getting a promotion very soon.

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 01:20 PM PDT

    So the business I want to start revolves around the car industry.

    I've worked on cars since high school. Graduated automotive school, worked at a shop for 4 years, because my dream was to own one one day. Could not make enough money fixing cars so I moved to the sales side of things.

    I've been selling for around 3 years now, I know all the in and outs of this industry.

    Since I've started sales I have spoken to many wholesalers and found out how they do business. I have all the costs and rules of this business down to a science.

    I worked hard, saved enough money to start my own thing. It would be a wholesaler business on steroids. I have dual citizenship and a lot of connections in Europe. Those connections are begging me to start this business of exporting cars to Europe. Funny thing, I also have a father that has an import/export company. I know enough about that side of the business from just watching and being around him when I was younger.

    It looks like all my dots connect perfectly to start this business. I've been doing good enough at my work that they want to promote me for management, but I feel like I can accomplish way more on my own.

    My family is against me starting this, including my fiance... but my future business partners are telling me that I have the talent for this business.

    I need your help business owners. What did you do to make that big step and just go for it? It feels like I'm stuck in limbo...

    submitted by /u/Boyohboy92
    [link] [comments]

    What are the biggest pain points in your business?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 07:12 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, can you share the biggest problems / pain points that you encounter when running a business? I am trying to find problems that I can help you solve and to start my small business myself. However, I am stuck on the problem identification stage. Therefore, I would really appreciate any help.

    submitted by /u/benur8
    [link] [comments]

    BNI or Chamber of Commerce? Which has been more beneficial?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 05:58 AM PDT

    I'm thinking of joining one or the other. BNI is ~$750 per year, while the Chamber of Commerce is only $150. Seems as though BNI would be better for actual leads, while the Chamber may be better in other, less tangible ways. What are your thoughts and experiences?

    submitted by /u/theREALspanky
    [link] [comments]

    Partnership Taxation Questions

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 06:47 PM PDT

    I started an LLC earlier this year with another business partner (classified as a partnership). I took care of all the paperwork and filing and everything so I don't have an attorney or a finance person to ask and I can't seem to find the answers on google. I have a few questions about taxes, just to make sure I Have a solid plan by the time tax season roles around.

    1) The LLC does not pay taxes on profit, each of the members pay their share on their individual tax returns. But what counts as profit? If I planned on building an "emergency fund" for the LLC, does that money count as profit, even though it's held in an LLC-controlled account and it's not distributed to the members? Or do the member still have to pay taxes for that money because the LLC profited, even though the members did not?

    2) How do taxes work with regards to the startup costs? For example, if we each put in $5, the LLC has a debt for $10 to pay us (the individuals) back. Does that mean that the first $10 made isn't really profit or is that just washed out as the cost of doing business or something?

    3) Can all business-appropriate expenses be used to subtract from income and thus reduce profit? We're in real estate and purchased a rental property. If we took our excess money each month and put that towards extra mortgage payments instead of a member distribution, does that still count as profit since we didn't have to pay extra on the mortgage and chose to do so as an "optional expense" or something?

    If anyone has some good links for this type of stuff, I'd love to read more about it. I'm really trying to make sure that I'm getting the most out of my money and not pay taxes on stuff that I don't need to, etc. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/vex20
    [link] [comments]

    The problem with website valuation on Flippa and Shopify Exchange. Or am I wrong?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 12:47 PM PDT

    The thing is that they completely judge the value of the website based off the last 3-6 months of revenue. It doesn't matter how many social followers you have, or the emailing list, which I consider hugely important. Also, I spent a ton of time optimizing for SEO, like a ridiculously large amount of time, and they don't put that into the valuation either. This creates an obvious problem. You can have a bunch of sites where people just work at it hard for three months, doing ads, then selling it for a larger valuation then a site with "real" value. Anyways, so now both platforms are saying my site is worth like 13 grand, and I can't list it for more than that (on flippa at least). I wanted to know what you guys think in terms of it's value. It does around 11 grand every 3 months, about 66% of that is profit. It has a social following over over 18k on facebook and an emailing list of 1,400. Due to my SEO work, most of my visitors come from organic search (just barely over half, the other half is Facebook posts and emails). The conversion rate is slightly over 1% which I know isn't great, I should have spent more time increasing that. Anywho, I thought I'd sell it for 19k. Is this too much?

    submitted by /u/lyndashelp
    [link] [comments]

    Crowdspark - Bringing Passionate People Together To Make Things Happen - Check it out.

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 06:09 PM PDT

    Hey,

    I just wanted to take a moment to introduce Crowdspark.org – BETA to everyone here.

    Have you had a brilliant idea or wanted to do something but lacked the knowledge, skills, financial backing, or support? Maybe you had trouble finding people with the needed skillsets or who were passionate about the same thing as you? Whatever you want to start, whether it be a local or national business, organization for change, charity, or public outreach message, the goal of Crowdspark.org is to bring passionate people together to make things happen.

    Crowdspark is a 100% free US-based website where you can create a professional profile, search for other members based on their skills, browse for projects to join and contribute to; or learn more about innovation, entrepreneurship, or business in the forum or blog.

    Crowdspark is now in BETA testing mode and literally just opened up for initial registration. This is not a huge corporate project, but is run by passionate individuals who thought it was a good idea and built the website themselves. As of now, there are no projects listed, no members, and probably quite a few bugs or features that should be added.

    We are going to continue to improve, grow, and promote Crowdspark over the coming year and hope to grow it into a really great thing. You can be part of that starting now! We recommend that you check it out, make an account and start working on your profile. Maybe even post a project or suggest new features. As we continue to promote the site over the next year the member base will grow exponentially and Crowdspark will become a more and more valuable resource, so please check back on our progress periodically! This will take time.

    Shortly, we will also be opening up the Crowdspark project which will be dedicated to getting more professional help in growing the site and services. Someday there may even be premium features, but right now it is 100% free. Check it out!

    www.crowdspark.org

    submitted by /u/lwadz88
    [link] [comments]

    Quick question about a small lawn care business

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 06:00 PM PDT

    At what point does it go from a side hustle to actually a business? I ask because i dont want it to be a buisness yet just a side hustle. Do you have to do something if you make enough money? Like tax wise? Sorry im new to all of this but thank you soo much!

    submitted by /u/No-Homie
    [link] [comments]

    Small Automotive Repair Shop

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 08:55 AM PDT

    My friend and I were thinking about opening Automotive Repair Shop, yesterday was our first day hunting for a location.

    We will focus in European Cars Only! Due that we were looking at the average income of the people on that area.

    I've been reading a lot and we have pretty much everything figured it out when it comes to expenses but i want this business to prosper not fail. I know is gonna be tough but we gonna work this out.

    Any advice or tips ?

    EDDIT:

    Is there any app or website to find shops that are being rented ?

    submitted by /u/LiyV95
    [link] [comments]

    Reaching out to business owners

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 01:35 PM PDT

    I want to reach out to business owners who are established and successful with something I would like to create in my area (dog park/bar). My question to small business owners of Reddit: what is the best way to start this conversation? Currently there is nothing like this in my area, and I just want to get some general information. Examples: did you have any experience? What would you do differently? And so on...

    I am drafting an email to send out but I would just like to get an idea of how you would prefer to be approached (regardless of what your industry is).

    submitted by /u/hotsquatchjerky
    [link] [comments]

    [California] DBA for nonprofits?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 04:53 PM PDT

    I'm trying to learn if I can register as one nonprofit, but also have DBA associated with that nonprofit if both non-profits are one in the same?

    Basically, I want to launch two websites names that are fighting for the same cause under one nonprofit business license. Is this possible?

    submitted by /u/dagoon79
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment