• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 30, 2020

    Polite way to tell my customers that I am not Amazon prime and that things have a lead time Sales and Selling

    Polite way to tell my customers that I am not Amazon prime and that things have a lead time Sales and Selling


    Polite way to tell my customers that I am not Amazon prime and that things have a lead time

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 03:31 AM PDT

    I work in a B2B technical environment, where things have a lead time. My company actually has a industry leading turnaround time for orders, but more and more over the last few years customers insist on stuff being next day. I have actually said we aren't Amazon a couple of times to people I know well on the phone and they have taken the point. I'm Interested to hear if other B2B manufacturers are experiencing this.

    And just to head anyone off, no the lead time can't be managed in this particular industry for long and boring reasons, just take it as red.

    Edit: some people are getting the wrong idea, I don't compete with Amazon, my products are very technical in nature and cannot be purchased on Amazon, I'm battling against a general expectation that I blame on amazon that everything ships next day

    submitted by /u/Snoo_97207
    [link] [comments]

    UK SDR's - how you doing at the moment?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 09:48 AM PDT

    What's working?

    What's not working?

    How are you doing in comparison to colleagues targeting other regions?

    submitted by /u/GiveMe_Creddit
    [link] [comments]

    Why you should tell more Stories in Sales

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 11:20 AM PDT

    I've been working in Software Sales in the last 4 years, and one common trait I see is amongst the highest performing Sales People is their ability to tell storites. Why? Because Story-Telling is the most persuasive form of speech available

    Full Video Version Here

    • Evidence: It engages both the logical and emotional centres of the brain, so you can win the hearts and minds of people. There's a great quote that stories "are but data with a soul."
    • One of the best examples I saw of Story Telling was when I was shadowing, the highest performing rep in my former company called Paul. On the call whenever the customer would express a concern or question to Paul. He would have a remarkable ability to pull out a story explaining, how a similar customer had a concern, but realised the value of our solution and ultimately lived happily ever after. It was a complete masterclass, and every story he dropped I watched the customer become more and more persuaded. That particular deal went on to close, with barely any presentations or slide decks used.
    • To improve Story- Telling I'd Recommend:
      • Google the 7 Point Story Structure. It provides the best framework for crafting your own stories to use in day to day interaction
      • Begin writing a story of the day. Practice building this muscle by writing down one good story each day and try to tell as many as you can, during social interactions and Sales meetings.
    submitted by /u/Kingsley_Hall
    [link] [comments]

    Is this legal?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 09:12 AM PDT

    I work for a pretty small company (25 employees), but our revenue is in the millions. I earn a base salary + commission. It is all B2B sales. We sell to huge corporations all over the world. The company I work for has changed our legal name and bank account several times over the years. I don't even our legal name anymore. This often results in customers not paying us on time. Today, the owner said any invoices that are late we have to pay back commission which is essentially every invoice because getting huge corporations to change our name and bank account information is no easy task and often results in late payments. Can he legally do this? We're not hurting for money. Our sales have rock solid this year with a 73% GP.

    submitted by /u/Anonymous7568932
    [link] [comments]

    What’s some small talk topics you use during sales meetings?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 09:34 AM PDT

    Hey Reddit I'm by no means an introvert with no idea how to communicate. I'm often told i talk too much and talk about anything. It's just that my meetings have been going by rather awkwardly because i will try to invite my clients to speak or to talk and they give me one word responses or just don't seem too enthused. I'm speaking to nurses and doctors and they're quite intelligent so maybe they're just being snobby or just are introverted themselves.

    Any good topics you all use to get them to talk about themselves or just to open up and talk before we jump into business straightaway?

    I feel it's important to stay away from politics but that's such a hot topic right now and all you see and hear about nowadays. Or covid...

    submitted by /u/615huncho615
    [link] [comments]

    Jobs or Opportunities to build equity?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 07:20 AM PDT

    I'm currently in SaaS sales for an ITSM company but may need to start looking for a different job..

    What sales jobs offer an opportunity to build equity?

    My initial thoughts are:

    Starting your own business

    Start-ups

    Jobs that provide a stock option

    Insurance sales

    What else?

    submitted by /u/tacosurfbike
    [link] [comments]

    LI Influencers

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 05:16 AM PDT

    Let's have a open discussion about this.

    Some are good and some just repeat stuff that I know, or affirm what I'm thinking. Some use LI like Facebook(politics,family,hobbies). As well some use it to talk about their competitors like we are in high school(he say she say).

    What are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/vitro15
    [link] [comments]

    What to do when Email get Ignored?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 09:55 AM PDT

    Many marketers use email as a marketing tool. They are getting frustrated as they are not getting enough response. The open rate of emails is also decreasing.

    How many Cold Emails do you read in a day?

    The answer to this question itself explains the Dilemma.

    Most marketers are in the same dilemma – whether they should keep following up until they get a response? Or should they just let go of the leads they tried to approach?

    Email marketing has some limitations. Nowadays, technology is evolving like never before. Now marketers have many tools to use – SMS marketing, MMS marketing, Ringless Voicemail and many more.
    We have also come across these kinds of queries from a few of our clients who were mostly dependent on Email Marketing. Out of them many marketers changed their marketing approach and started converting leads efficiently with Ringless Voicemail, Text Message etc.

    What do you think about these options? What worked best for you?

    submitted by /u/leadsrain
    [link] [comments]

    telemarketing to sdr

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 09:16 AM PDT

    hi i work as outbound telemarketer in a dialler system. i wanted to ask if anyone has moved from similar role to sdr or sales and how did you find the transition. i researched and found lot of differences but i am trying to think how did you find it. my current job is quite mentally exhausting

    submitted by /u/245ghui
    [link] [comments]

    Solar sales companies are the most unprofessional companies I’ve ever dealt with in my life

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    I've done sales for years now. I've lead B2B & B2C sales for various software applications in 2 startup companies, done real estate, roofing sales, consulting, you name it. I've helped establish companies to near the $1B in revenue point, one of them even breaking it. Point I'm making here is I've had quite a bit of experience in the sales environment for a multitude of products and companies.

    I've been brought in to the office of roughly 15 solar companies in the last week and a half alone to talk with their salesmen and managers on various topics. Blue Raven Solar, Vivint Solar, Blaze Solar, Suntuity, PE Solar, Momentum, Meraki, I could go on here. I just wanted to name a few. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. of these companies have either left me standing around twiddling my thumbs with no information for over 20 minutes, answering calls, emails, and other stuff right in front of me as I am talking to them, and some have even outright ghosted me with not even bothering to show up to meetings after a 45+ minute drive. That's not everything either, and it is absolutely ridiculous!

    Seriously, what the hell is up with solar panel sales companies? Are they all like this? This is seriously the most amount unprofessionalism I've ever dealt with in my life, and the fact that this is all coming from one industry tells me something is up.

    submitted by /u/Doggo_Is_Life_
    [link] [comments]

    A lot of stuff is out of your control

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 04:41 AM PDT

    I am in the SaaS world and I ran Support for many years. It was pretty straightforward. I had a pretty big team. We answered tickets and escalations, got on customer calls, had a really good satisfaction rating and were a high performing team.

    Then I was asked to run account management about a year ago and it has been a roller coaster - Trying to get all the renewals in and sell into existing customers, do account planning, onsite visits and QBRs. It has been fun and challenging as well as stressful. Every quarter we feel like we're up against an impossible number.

    Here is what I am working through. 90% of things are out of your control. Budgets, Covid, product issues and product fit for the use case, sales selling deals that don't fit the customer etc. yet when the customer cancels or doesn't want to expand it is just a shit show of blame and finger pointing and I'm tired of it. I know we do everything we can for each customer. But we can't magically make the product better or magically increase their budget. Yet it seems blame has to be assigned somewhere and it is exhausting.

    Maybe I'm just not cut out for this....How does everyone else deal with this? Or maybe it is just a bad company?

    submitted by /u/Lomaximum108
    [link] [comments]

    Customer Churn rate is 68% - what does that say about this company??

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 08:15 AM PDT

    Hi All,

    I have been interviewing for roles in SaaS (I left my AE role earlier this year)

    And I came upon this interesting company, what are your thoughts :

    - fast sales cycle (90 days)

    - Rev in 2018 = 35mill, 2019= 36m and 2020 = on track to do same number as 2019. Blames Covid.

    - Churn rate = 68%, says they had bad reps hence why the churn rate so bad.

    - How many reps stay in this team? = Hired 5 people last year, only 2 remaining. Manager says they weren't willing to work so hard.

    - Pure hunting role, Account managers are tasked with upsells + cross-sells (subject to change if the year gets better according to hiring manager)

    - 3 managers have left the business in the last year, according to the hiring manager two of them were sick (illness) and the other had to leave the country because he recently got married. (I wonder if he is telling me the truth)

    I have been moved to the second stage, but something smells fishy about this company, what do you guys think? is there anything I have missed??

    submitted by /u/ihenewa
    [link] [comments]

    Not sure if solar sales is for me, what next?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 09:09 PM PDT

    I come from a B2B background and had a commission + base salary pay. I moved across the country with hopes of making six figures with a 100% commission pay solar sales closer. Long story short, a month in I'm not getting the leads I was hoping and pretty much the only way to get business is D2D self generating leads. A month in I have had 1 lead cancel before the final sale and haven't made a single penny while spending hundreds on gas. Maybe I'm not cut out for this. My savings is almost dry and I have no idea what to do once November hits. What are some good sales or management fields to get into that at least have a base pay? I've never quit or been fired from a job before but knocking doors for the last month and nothing to show for is demoralizing and every night I'm regretting this decision. I'm hoping to make around 100k but anything around 50k right now sounds great. Thanks

    submitted by /u/K24iVtec
    [link] [comments]

    What is the purpose of random general 'inquiry' emails?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 07:16 AM PDT

    As a company selling high tech instrumentation we often get 'inquiries' via email like this:

    We are interested in buying products from your company. Send us your
    quotation, phone number, terms of payment and shipping option.
    Your early reply is highly appreciated.

    Why would people send this stuff? do they honestly expect a response? What would they do with it?

    submitted by /u/li-sp
    [link] [comments]

    Take on enterprise engineering sales vs Software sales as a career choice.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 07:11 AM PDT

    Hi Experts! Thanks for taking out time to check and give a thought to this post.

    I would love to know your take on enterprise engineering sales with an IT end-to-end service firm vs Product Sales with a Software/Product firm as a career choice. Some examples of firms could be, Salesforce vs Accenture. TIA :)

    submitted by /u/Shuvanshu93
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to switch Careers

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 06:58 AM PDT

    First post here. I recently started leaning towards a career change and found this subreddit with excellent resources and advice. Kudos to the community for such a well organised and user friendly compendium.

    A bit if intro of myself. I have been through uni and worked in tech for quite a number of years. I have progressed to a point where the tech world is not that exciting for me anymore. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the journey, and my expertise will not be wasted. However, career wise, I find myself at a very low point in motivational terms.

    On the plus side, I have worked in products mostly, so I was always part of a multi disciplinary team, rapidly adapting to the market to gain the edge over the competition. I have been a product owner for a period as well, but focused on the tech side when we found a suitable candidate to take over as I could not handle the load of both.

    Obviously, covid happened and I saw an opportunity. I started applying to horizontally relevant posts, but HR people were skeptical. I think if I were in their position, I would have done the same tbh, but alas, I was pretty determined to change directions. Fast forward a few months, I have not made any progress in that line.

    I picked up a product idea and brought it to market in a few weeks with a very small team, while working my day job. I used it as an opportunity to sharpen my marketing and sales skills but also cos the product would improve customer lives to industries hit by covid in the tourist sector. Growth is slow due to the industry and my limited network, but I'm keeping positive.

    At this point, I kinda gave up on finding a job in sales and started leaning towards setting up a company and be the sales guy there. Dunno if it makes sense, but keeping a day job until it's profitable.

    A couple of notes that maybe of relevance: Moving is not really an option. That said, is rather have a profitable product than change jobs in terms of priority. I am based in eu. The product is a tech platform which is easily scalable if needed, hence why I'm pushing for growth. I can easily outsource dev work and focus on the business side. It is an option to seek investment for the product, however, in my mind it would only make sense of it directly affects the growth rate.

    Reason of this post: Wondering whether anyone was in a similar situation Looking for objective advice as my close friends could not offer any actionable insights..

    submitted by /u/_Executioneer
    [link] [comments]

    New to sales and figuring out the flow - is it normal to have a catch up x3 times a week

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 01:45 AM PDT

    I've got a rough understanding of a sales environment but I'm still trying to figure out if having a reporting session with my manager (who is the marketing manager) x3 times a week is normal.

    Seems pretty mundane and pointless to me to update her every two days what ive been doing and what I plan to do. It's all the same thing every day and every week.

    What's a good and useful way of working in sales look like ?

    submitted by /u/curioustohear20
    [link] [comments]

    Sales + Micro Management = 0 Sales

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    The above header is my experience. Your experience may be different.

    Nevertheless I never heard micro management ever winning best management style category.

    Micro management of sales comes about most for the following three reasons: Management doesn't trust your sales approach, and or, don't respect your sales competencies (i.e. listening or reporting, ...) and or clearly believe your sales performance is inconsistent.

    Understandably those in sales, sales management to VP Sales today are under a lot of stress to perform and deliver

    The most challenging aspect of managing sales is the 'right' balance.

    Micro managers must move away from micro and figure out a way to trust because most wish to contribute but may not know how. They must observe that delivering sales can be done in several stylistic fashion, rather than one cookie-cutter fashion. And performance requires both structure and emotional intelligence. For all three, management must be better at coaching, structuring and motivating based on the salesperson individual style as well as team style.

    A simple KISS answer is focus on what's important first - the sale: First find a target. Then elicit interest from the prospects. Motivate prospect to desire and close. Ensure what you need to close. The rest can come later be it notes, reports, etc.

    submitted by /u/bEffective
    [link] [comments]

    Where to get a big list of web development companies?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 02:28 AM PDT

    My plan is to do linkedin research on each one to find decision maker, get my web developer resume or portfolio website in front of them, and land a job eventually. This is more efficient than applying for open positions.

    Big companies in this industry are Google, Facebook. Small ones do local business websites on Wordpress. My targets are mid level companies.

    Anyone know where i can get a big list without paying thousands of dollars? I'm doing a national (across the US) search.

    submitted by /u/embar5
    [link] [comments]

    Are chargebacks normal in sales?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 03:28 PM PDT

    I've been working at Aflac selling supplemental insurance for about 7 months now. Its my first sales job. It's been ehh, I've been making a bit of money, but mostly learning the ropes. But my main gripe is that I have to sell the meeting, sell to the DM, & sell to their employees. And after all that I have to make sure they're making their monthly payments so their policies don't lapse and get hit with chargebacks. I get that sales isn't really a job with security cause commission which I'm totally fine with, but the high risk of chargebacks is totally demoralizing me. I'm not well versed at all in other industries, but is the process similar?

    submitted by /u/Popmeman
    [link] [comments]

    Which has higher lifetime earning potential?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 10:54 PM PDT

    Hey-

    In your opinion, which career has a higher lifetime earning potential: real estate or tech sales?

    submitted by /u/rlyrobert
    [link] [comments]

    [CA] Media & Digital Advertising Sellers?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 06:19 PM PDT

    Has anyone here worked in selling digital media and advertising? I'd like to see some resume examples highlighting RFPs, renewals, etc.

    submitted by /u/SillyLilZ1995
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment