• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 29, 2020

    Accounting KPMG employees trying to figure out if there’s a charge code for “sheer panic and anxiety”

    Accounting KPMG employees trying to figure out if there’s a charge code for “sheer panic and anxiety”


    KPMG employees trying to figure out if there’s a charge code for “sheer panic and anxiety”

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 02:18 PM PDT

    Got a copy of this baby from the KPMG severance package

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 02:23 PM PDT

    Gold

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 08:48 PM PDT

    Accountants go brrrr

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 08:58 AM PDT

    KPMG LAY-OFF

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 06:33 AM PDT

    A 12:30pm call just popped up for all service lines. HERE WE GO!!!

    Edit: As of 4pm today all confirmations have been sent to those affected and it looks like I will live on to see another busy season.

    -All lines of service were affected. Someone consolidated the numbers but looks like around 200 or so for audit, 200 for tax (an additional 125 had comp reduced), 400 for advisory, and around 600 non-client facing.

    -Thanks for the fun thread on a day that probably sucked for a few of us. If you were one of the people affected, good luck on your future job search and I hope you see you making moves on LinkedIn soon.

    submitted by /u/fkstone
    [link] [comments]

    Got a call from a partner today, had a full panic attack

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 03:22 PM PDT

    So a bit of backstory, I work in a KPMG firm, yesterday I found out that around 4 to 5% of my department was laid off, all low performers. They just randomly got a call from a partner in the morning and were told that's their last working date.

    Now today afternoon randomly I got a call from a partner, had a full panic moment. Didn't pick up his call said I was in a call with a client and will call him back, started backing up all my personal documents in case they would lock me out of my laptop and prepared myself mentally. Called the partner back and for 30 mins he went on about how thankful he is for the work and effort I put this year. Through out the call expecting that they would let me go... but nothing just that.

    Checked with my colleagues afterwards and some of them also either already got the similar random calls or got them later that day and everyone was freaking out all day. They really need to cut that shit out...

    Sorry for the long post just had to vent... Needless to say no work was done today.

    submitted by /u/wolfenstein0007
    [link] [comments]

    When Industry CPAs get to answer CPE questions truthfully...

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 10:27 AM PDT

    I should have set a closing date

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 03:32 PM PDT

    Don't say you love the anime if you haven't read the manga

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 05:55 AM PDT

    Oof

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 05:09 PM PDT

    My eyes ~ @depreciatedmemes

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 09:03 AM PDT

    Anyone laid off from KPMG in the Northern California market looking for a job?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 02:54 PM PDT

    PM me if you that someone is you or someone you know.

    submitted by /u/dispairdealer
    [link] [comments]

    My assessment.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 01:12 PM PDT

    You to your senior when they ask how your first walkthrough went

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 08:06 PM PDT

    I really hope this is legit because if it’s not, pretty sad how far will people go just for some LinkedIn clout...

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 07:16 AM PDT

    How much do Big 4 senior managers and partners ACTUALLY make?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 04:12 PM PDT

    I'm a Big 4 staff. Lot of jokes right now about the partners laying people off over video chat from their beach homes. Maybe they aren't jokes.

    I realize that Google can answer this question but is also kind of can't since numbers are all over the board. I'd like to hear from people with real experience and not an article trying to get clicks.

    I also realize compensation differs by experience, location, service line, cost of living, and other factors. And for that reason I'm not expecting anyone to be right down to the thousand or even ten thousand dollars. But I've gotta know if the compensation is eventually worth it.

    How much does a starting senior manager make? How much does the starting partner make?

    submitted by /u/ThrowawEYcomp
    [link] [comments]

    EY Whistleblower of Wirecard 4 Years Ago

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 02:22 PM PDT

    TFW you explained to all the losers on R/Politics what an NOL is, only to find out that it was actually the General Business Credit that his taxes down to $750.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 05:49 PM PDT

    Just got my Internship

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 12:04 PM PDT

    As the title suggests I just got an offer letter to a mid-size firm! I'm very excited because I was stressing about if I would have an internship or job by the time I graduate in December.

    submitted by /u/BornPhiltrain
    [link] [comments]

    Deloitte Risk Advisory (Internal Audit) or PWC External Audit

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 08:31 PM PDT

    So I accepted an offer in Deloitte Risk Advisory for Internal Audit, but I recently received an offer for PWC in External Audit. Both full time roles, I am having doubts because I am told risk advisory can pigeonhole you.

    Any advice, and also I don't care about Reneging. I want whats best for my career and what a better place to ask than this sub.

    submitted by /u/throwaway3059dn4o
    [link] [comments]

    New job

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 02:30 PM PDT

    Hi all. Had a question regarding a issue I encountered at work. Basically started at a new firm and received comments 1 month in that I am not working efficiently. 2 months in and I am being told my resume "painted a different picture " and that my work seems to be that of someone with 1.5 years of experience and not 3. How would you guys feel about this? Basically writing off some years of experience that I have and constantly pressuring me as well. I understand this firm is understaffed and had I known, I would have never made a switch. But honestly, I don't feel too comfortable working here any longer unfortunately and that is why I decided to get back on the job hunt. Plus, I've come to realize I enjoy my free time outside of work and need a better work life balance. I don't need anyone asking if I dislike my job because I decide to head home after 8 hours. Am I taking things too personally?

    submitted by /u/LeadershipCreative
    [link] [comments]

    Unspoken rules

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 03:04 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    Is there some unspoken rule about working late? I just started at a very small CPA firm (10 employees) and it seems like everyone works late?

    There's like nothing for me right now. Pretty much zero training. Here's a tax return, do it. Okay I'll try to figure out Lacerte and teach myself how to do this.

    Here's a bookkeeping client. Okay I'll try to figure out the AJE.

    I feel so bad about leaving at 5 but that's what I was told 8-5. I already pretty much work through my lunch.

    And I have like no work. Is it generally this slow for only being somewhere for a week? Everyone else seems so swamped I guess to actually train.

    Does it get better? I'm starting to regret my decision to taking this job but I really need the CPA experience for my CPA.

    submitted by /u/shoddyindaclub
    [link] [comments]

    Xlpth the Caring.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 06:44 AM PDT

    What even is private accounting like?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 07:47 AM PDT

    There's always a ton of talk about the hours being better, the stress being lower, but what do you actually DO in private? Any time I think about getting out, all I can think of is dealing with journal entries, fa rolls, and stuff like that and it just sounds so...boring. Am I just thinking of it wrong, or is it as boring as it seems and you get your kicks off hours?

    submitted by /u/DB_Jones
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment