• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 3, 2020

    Not Motivated, Who Feels Me? small business

    Not Motivated, Who Feels Me? small business


    Not Motivated, Who Feels Me?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    Been running a boutique (mostly 1-person) recruiting agency. Have been pretty successful, though this business requires nonstop business development and sales―one month you can have tons of business, the next you're starting from the bottom.

    When 'Rona hit, things came to a halt. Most of my clients and prospects froze hiring. Many companies laid people off, which provided a deeper pool from companies to choose from, deeming my work unnecessary. Not saying there's no work out there, but it's few and far between, and requires much more effort to get.

    'Rona caused me to slack off for a couple of months and see how things transpire. No revenue, just kind of working half-ass.

    Fast forward to last week, things seemed to be picking back up. Then the protests and world burning down. Business seems to have slowed down again.

    Mostly my fault for not putting in any actual work. Point is I'm not motivated. But why? This business has brought me so much success. I've been able to make a great living.

    Why am I not motivated to push harder? Is it because I have money in the bank and don't feel as desperate? Can anyone relate? Will I ever get back to my old way or will I be a bum from hereon out. I know you guys can't directly answer all this, but really curious about how others are feeling..

    submitted by /u/SoSuccessful
    [link] [comments]

    U.S. small business program handed out virus aid to many borrowers twice

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 07:29 AM PDT

    ROI Calculation

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 01:09 AM PDT

    ROI (Return on Investment) is the performance measure that is used to evaluate the investment efficiency or compare how efficient a number of different investments are. ROI tends to directly measure the return amount on a particular investment (It may be a specific project), relative to the cost of the investment.

    Why is Return on Investment Important?

    Probably, the most essential aspect of the ROI is that it quantifies the project value so that we may see it in numbers. Accordingly, business owners get a chance to see currency figures for their project's worth.

    ROI may build stakeholder support. Learning the money value to a project helps to make a "go/no-go" decision. Usually, stakeholders want to know the amount of their dollar value when they are to support any specific project. It would be very difficult to implement without ROI.

    Another advantage is that Return on Investment uncovers additional benefits. The process of ROI calculation makes the practitioners find out all the benefits that might not seem obvious at the project beginning.

    On the other hand, ROI leads to the prioritization of the project. Once there is a decision to launch a project, ROI plays an important role in determining the ranking of the project among other priorities. It is accepted to believe that projects with greater ROI get a higher rank and gain resource support faster.

    submitted by /u/sunnyworld10
    [link] [comments]

    This community is awesome. What can I do to contribute and help?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 03:17 AM PDT

    First off, been lurking this community with another account for almost 10 years now. Throughout this time, you have no idea how inspiring and helpful this community has been.

    I want to give back, but I don't know how. (Suggestions welcome below)

    All I can offer is my 12 years of experience in digital marketing and online advertising and access to the wisdom of a few very prominent c-level executives in Ontario/Quebec (my mentors).

    The current climate is forcing more and more businesses to pivot to a digital/online approach. Not all businesses are suitable to make this transition. And even those that are able to, might not do a good job at it.

    Do you have burning questions about business in general or specifically about digital marketing/online advertising?

    I'll do my best to provide a valuable and succinct answer or reach out to my mentors to have their take on your questions.

    submitted by /u/brian_leung
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a open source time tracking software for my business?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 02:58 AM PDT

    Hello Friends,

    I'm currently looking for an open-source time tracking software for my business where I can integrate and manage my online work.

    Any Feedback?

    submitted by /u/Timeero_
    [link] [comments]

    How can I save money for my cleaning business.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 01:41 AM PDT

    I clean stores but I don't want to pay a lot for worker's comp. what can I do to save money.

    submitted by /u/andressab101
    [link] [comments]

    [For Hire] I will develop your ideas into reality. Full Stack Developer | Web developer | App developer | Software Developer | Html/ Css/ Javascript/ Typescript/ Node.js/ MongoDB/ ArangoDB/ MySQL/ PostgresSQL/ GraphQL/ React/ React Native/ Redux/ Next.js/ Sass/ Swift 5/ Objective C/ C++/ Python.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 01:28 AM PDT

    Hey there, I am a professional full stack developer/ a 24 year old who brings digital dreams of people to life for an affordable price. I have about 3 yrs of experience in professional market and worked for a lot of successful entrepreneurs.

    I am down to globalize your business and take it to a complete new level with my out of the box, super creative and professional website or an app for your business. I can create any kind of system/ software that adapts to your business and automates the process at the most! This investment can make your service/ product available globally and reach new heights.

    From design to development to deployment I will be your right hand.

    Apart from shopify, wordpress, woo-commerece

    Development languages that I am confortable with :

    - Html/css

    - JavaScript / TypeScript

    - Node.js - Express

    - NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, ArangoDB)

    - SQL Databases (MySQL, PostgresSQL)

    - GraphQL

    - React, react native

    - Redux

    - Next.js

    - Sass

    - Various CSS Frameworks and component libraries

    - Swift 5 and IOS 13

    - C++ and Python.

    If you wish to get in touch or see my past work/ resume, please contact me through reddit or email me at [ayezinzu@gmail.com](mailto:ayezinzu@gmail.com)

    submitted by /u/mattspieg
    [link] [comments]

    Former employee filed for unemployment (NY)

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 11:38 AM PDT

    I had a telecommuting employee in New York quit voluntarily late last year to take up a fellowship which paid a stipend. That fellowship dried up a few weeks ago thanks to COVID and she filed for unemployment and I received notice that my potential charges are over $13K. She was my only employee in the State of New York, so I'm no longer paying into NY UI.

    My question is: how much is it in my self-interest to fight this if I'm no longer paying into the NY system? Am I going to be stuck with a bill for $13K?

    submitted by /u/NotChistianRudder
    [link] [comments]

    How to start.... Family Investigating/Genealogist Small Business

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 09:46 PM PDT

    I have been doing genealogy and family Investigating for over 25+ yrs and my forever dream is to be able to do such as a full time career.

    I know that there is much that is done online and free websites to help you narrow things down and get the information, but I would lpve to be able to put together publications of the families or the reconnection that I have helped in.

    Anyone have any type of suggestions on how to market that?

    submitted by /u/GenealogyByJustin
    [link] [comments]

    https://dai.ly/x7trck8

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 01:16 AM PDT

    Avatar 2 concept trailor

    submitted by /u/john-willongton
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a CPA to help start up an LLC

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 05:30 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I have been a contract consultant for years and have had to drop my potential jobs because I needed the insurance benefits of the hiring company. However, I have finally decided to see what needs for me to be done to be incorporated as an LLC, draw my money from that and talk about what potential tax benefits there are. As well as, what can be done for small business health insurance.

    TIA!

    submitted by /u/Saturn99x
    [link] [comments]

    Help cleaning up (nyc)

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 12:46 PM PDT

    Any Brooklyn businesses need help cleaning up?

    submitted by /u/csouz
    [link] [comments]

    How do I buy a car when owning a business and not on payroll?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 07:24 PM PDT

    I own a small retail store and business is going on it's 11th month. Minus the last two months it has been going well. I usually do at least 20k a month and have enough left over after everything to buy a new car. Currently I have a car that is worth more than I owe. If I had a normal corporate job I would just go to the dealership sign the paperwork (telling them how much I make and all that) and leave. How does it work for a store owner? I don't take payroll from my business so I don't have anything that shows I make so much a month. I just need a general idea of how it goes down. I don't want to get taken advantage of. Also, for anyone thinking this is not the time to go buy a car. I need one as I currently drive a coup and don't have enough room to take stuff from point a to b.

    submitted by /u/Ovaljoker
    [link] [comments]

    Feeling like I'm getting cut out, please help!!!

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    I'm a senior in college with one semester left in the Fall. I am working on a team consisting of me (handling business) and an experienced designer (who is back in school). For the past six months I have been working on a project developing a product partnered with a prominent, and massive business in my area.

    Originally, my partner and I were brought on the project with hopes we would be able to further it enough to take it to a large pitch competition and with $100,000 for further development. At this point, the business we are partnered with said we would then own all IP, and we would license from them. However, due to the Coronavirus, this pitch competition was canceled, and we were cleared to compete in 2021.

    We are now at the beginning of the prototyping stage. As of today, we were in a meeting and it seems as though our "partner" has been doing some work behind our backs. We were notified that there are two companies they have contacted:

    - Company #1: Has not reached back to them. They seem uninterested and may not contact back about the project

    - Company #2: Is interested in the project, and brought to light a new market for our product

    The reason I bring this up is because my partner and I have no signed deal that we will receive IP and this meeting sounded like whoever gives the best deal for the IP (us against the companies) will get it. I'm struggling to come up with a plan to position myself in a way where we will either get the IP or be able to partner with the company who takes it. Problem being, is we are students and are probably being looked at with little value.

    I've thought of the following situations:

    1) If we wait, another company may snatch the IP

    2) If we don't think company #1 will be interested in the project, we can refuse to continue (if we believe company #2 won't purchase the IP at a $5,000-$10,000 value and run with it themselves – this is probable they won't as they want to tweak the project and we are still prototyping) unless and agreement is signed, then they could just bring on other students??

    3) We could go directly to company #2 and make a deal with them … but again we are being looked at with little value as we have no IP and are students

    I have poured six months of my life bringing this idea into validation and working with my design partner to create something truly amazing! Now that promise has been shown I feel like we are being cut out. Please help!!!!

    submitted by /u/trevormcmahon
    [link] [comments]

    My new business is struggling after only a few months...normal?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 11:59 AM PDT

    I opened up a small bakery in the Detroit area in March of this year, where we sell cookies and different desserts. I did this from home for about two years beforehand. When we first opened up in early March it was great, we had a lot of traffic and often sold out before closing time. As you know, corona hit the metro Detroit area a few weeks after and it got progressively worse going into April. For safety purposes, we had to close down our storefront and only allow delivery. When things settled down a bit, we allowed delivery and curbside pickup. Now, things are a lot better, but business has been very slow...we finally opened up our storefront again, but we're not getting nearly as much traffic. It's only been a few months since opening, but I'm getting anxious now. Did the virus impact things this much? Is this normal? Any advice and/or insight would be appreciated! Thank you

    submitted by /u/searchforinspiration
    [link] [comments]

    Getting sales

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 02:04 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I am a small business owner and recently launched my website a little over a week ago. I have a business instagram so a lot of the traffic my site get comes from there. I also created a business pinterest page a few days ago and I also want to create a YouTube channel for things surrounding my business. I'm a teen entrepreneur and I'm still in school right now so I can't spend as much time promoting as I'd like but what are some things I can do to gain more traffic to my site that'll hopefully lead to my first sale and more after that?

    submitted by /u/LeBen4
    [link] [comments]

    Hey everyone

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 01:33 PM PDT

    Hey everyone I'm new here and I'm looking forward to connect with all of you..

    Where are you from? How is your business doing during this pandemic?

    submitted by /u/Alex_Rabea
    [link] [comments]

    [Academic] Looking To Have More Small Business Owners Provide Input On Their Relationships During The Pandemic

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    Coronavirus Impact Survey

    As relationships researchers, we are conducting research on the broad impacts that the pandemic is having on individuals, couples, and families across the United States. We have created a survey designed to help us learn about this impact in a scientific way. We are reaching out to as many people as we can to see if you would be willing to take part in this new study, and/or to share it with your friends and family. The survey takes 30-45 minutes to complete and is available online at the link at the top and bottom of this post.

    While we cannot offer monetary compensation at this time given the size of the study, we hope that you will find reward in contributing to the scientific effort to understand this unique period of time in our history. Others who have completed the survey have commented that it provided a welcome opportunity for them to express their feelings about the pandemic.

    Anyone over age 18 and currently located in the US is eligible to participate.

    Thank you for any assistance you can provide in helping us learn about the broad impacts of the pandemic.

    Coronavirus Impact Survey: https://www.cmu.edu/dietrich/psychology/relationships-lab/participate-in-study.html

    submitted by /u/RelationshipsLabCMU
    [link] [comments]

    Do we need to establish a formal entity for a website name that will be ran by an existing entity?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    Our company -let's call in ABC- is spinning up a new online platform -let's call it XYZ- which will support a new, specialized service that ABC is offering. ABC is an established small business and has been around for 20+ years.

    XYZ will have its own website and will very clearly state that it is powered by ABC and will link back to ABC's existing website.

    All contracts with customers/clients that are related to XYZ will be signed by ABC.

    All invoicing for XYZ will come from ABC.

    Does XYZ need to be its own separate legal entity?

    submitted by /u/jennyanne
    [link] [comments]

    Can a company (customer) be in legal trouble is they failed to pay for a product/service provided?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 12:59 PM PDT

    I sold a product worth $2,000 and received payment but the check bounced. I have not been able to reach the customer as he keeps dogging my calls. Can his company be in any legal trouble? What could I tell him to maybe scare him into paying as nothing else has worked.

    submitted by /u/rolotorrellas
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on switching CPAs?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 12:22 PM PDT

    Long story short, I've been having issues with my CPA. He's ignoring emails, not communicating timesline too me, canceling meetings last minute. I'm not a priority of his. No hard feelings, its a crazy time.

    I'm taking on my first employee and don't want to manage payroll myself. So either i need to invest more in this partnership or cut ties.

    Has anyone done this before? Anything to watch out to? I know i gave him read access to my bank transactions. I'll have to revoke that.

    All I want is for someone to tell me how much money I need to give the government. Of course that ties into everything: payroll, retirement savings, income tax. My attempt to outsource this to save myself the headache has backfired.

    submitted by /u/jatjqtjat
    [link] [comments]

    I would like to start a small graphic design business.

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 12:11 PM PDT

    I've been making animated logos and would like to start making them for money. Where do I start?

    submitted by /u/nadiajoseph
    [link] [comments]

    ATM Business Course

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 11:28 PM PDT

    Normal Price: $497

    Our Price: $69.95

    https://www.fatfreecartpro.com/i/zowa

    This is for the ATM Mastery course.

    INSTANT ACCESS AFTER PURCHASE!!!

    submitted by /u/Majestic-Lime-6108
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for creative or basic ideas I haven't thought of to be able to add revenue to photography studio space.

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 03:23 PM PDT

    I'm currently searching for studio space. I found some great options in the downtown area of a local city. The buildings are over 100 years old, red brick and perfect for a photography studio. What are some creative ways to use a blank space and add revenue when I'm not using it for client work. Some ideas I've come up with: 1. Rent to other artists 2. Use as event space 3. Partner with large company that needs event space periodically 4. Section off a portion and use it to rent out equipment

    What are some creative ways you've seen others use a large empty space to add revenue and provide value to the community?

    submitted by /u/shanebakerstudios
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment