• Breaking News

    Monday, June 1, 2020

    Does Trump declaring Antifa a Terrorist organization releases insurance responsibility for my car/home/apt if it got looted? Insurance

    Does Trump declaring Antifa a Terrorist organization releases insurance responsibility for my car/home/apt if it got looted? Insurance


    Does Trump declaring Antifa a Terrorist organization releases insurance responsibility for my car/home/apt if it got looted?

    Posted: 31 May 2020 05:29 PM PDT

    My car Insurance contract has a disclaimer that they are not responsible for Terrorist attack. What does it mean for me? I live in Los Fucking Angeles.

    submitted by /u/SexyFatFuck
    [link] [comments]

    Car insurance question - Pennsylvania

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 03:38 AM PDT

    Morning, everyone!

    I have a leased car that I'm paying. Now I'm out of a job and don't leave our house. So my plan is to keep my car in the driveway and just continue to pay my lease until I get my job back in September. And then I would get insurance again. I figured it would save us some money.

    Is that okay to do under PA laws / insurance laws? I can't seem to find the answer online.

    submitted by /u/rezevilfan
    [link] [comments]

    Car insurance claim question

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 01:02 AM PDT

    Someone hit my parked car when they opened their door and hit my door. If I was to make a claim and it was not successful would I be able to not go ahead with it because I have a £500 excess and it's a dent on the passenger side door which is not too major.

    The person gave me their number but is ignoring me and I don't have any info on their car.

    Edit: I live in London, UK.

    submitted by /u/ItsOnlyLives
    [link] [comments]

    (18F) No drivers license, but I need car insurance!

    Posted: 31 May 2020 10:01 PM PDT

    I live in Austin, TX, and I was trying to see if I can get car insurance without a license.

    submitted by /u/HowToPilot
    [link] [comments]

    Is Liberty Mutual any good for Auto/Homeowners/Business Insurance?

    Posted: 31 May 2020 09:56 AM PDT

    I never got a quote from them, but I finally did and their rates seem amazing. Has anyone else had this experience?

    What about actually dealing with them for a claim? Are they any good? Any advice???

    Thanks a ton!

    BTW, I'm in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

    submitted by /u/fobreezee
    [link] [comments]

    Does motorcycle insurance go up if my bike gets stolen and I make a claim?

    Posted: 31 May 2020 06:46 PM PDT

    Will my rate increase if my motorcycle gets stolen and I make a claim in the US? If so how much did yours increase if you had to do this?

    submitted by /u/Suke786
    [link] [comments]

    Question Regarding Terrorism Exclusion During Recent Riots and Looting

    Posted: 31 May 2020 06:38 PM PDT

    This is a hypothetical question regarding the recent riots and looting that is taking place across the country. Trump has recently labeled ANTIFA and other organizations who he says are responsible for the riots, as terrorist organizations. Most commercial property policies have a terrorism exclusion. Do you think that the damage caused and property losses will be covered or not?

    submitted by /u/poochied
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to Insure and JDM imported van in Tennessee.

    Posted: 31 May 2020 06:24 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    I have a 1993 Mitsubishi Delica I am trying to get insurance for it but am finding it difficult could anyone point me in the right direction?

    submitted by /u/zacytye
    [link] [comments]

    Totaled car

    Posted: 31 May 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    My 2006 Audi A4 sedan hit a deer. So I called Progressive and they decided to total my car. I know you can keep a car but the title would be a salvage but can i tell the insurance company to give me a clean title as i want to trade it it in a month or so and salvage would make it worth only the scrap metal

    submitted by /u/colorfulnina
    [link] [comments]

    Question about RV home insurance after lightning strike

    Posted: 31 May 2020 03:51 PM PDT

    Hi all, I did search this sub prior to making the post and learned a bit, but was hoping for some additional feedback on a few questions. We had lightning strike between our house and our neighbor's house resulting in both of our homes losing a crap ton of electronics and appliances. I already opened up a home insurance claim because it killed our air conditioning, most kitchen appliances, and nearly all electronics, even some on surge protectors.

    Anyhow, the adjuster told us to go ahead and get someone out to check the home wiring, fix the AC, the garage door opener stuff, which we've done already and I've saved the invoices for that work last week. He also requested we have an electronics repair company come and look at all the devices (tv's, xbox one, switch, etc) which we just had done yesterday. They said it's all useless and irreparable and will notate on their invoice. Okay, so there's some context, here's are my questions: How does RV work when it comes to appliances/electronics exactly? Do they take your original receipt and just reimburse you for that amount or are there "Gotcha's" involved that I'm not aware of? An example is our downstairs TV, back in 2013 it cost $4500 (Yeah, I'm not proud) new and I still have the invoice/receipt showing it- since it's not ACV and there's no depreciation involved, does that mean I can expect them to try and find a used one or something like that so they don't have to reimburse us for the original amount? It just sounds too good to be true.

    I have several examples like that including a home built workstation I use for work/certifications and gaming. It's probably $4000 worth of parts, and I have all the original boxes and receipts in digital format. I'm just confused about whether I have anything to worry about as far as being reimbursed for the original value of our items that have been ruined. I'm definitely not trying to "upgrade" stuff so to speak, I'm more worried they are going to try and pull a "well we found an equivalent used on ebay, here's $30 for it" kind of a thing.

    Thanks all!

    submitted by /u/kidkb
    [link] [comments]

    Geico's auto insurance quote is literally less than half as expensive as other quotes. What's the catch?

    Posted: 31 May 2020 01:30 PM PDT

    So I'm looking at auto quotes online. I'm planning on buying a new car soon, and I've been looking at quotes for a 2018 Corolla as an example. Geico quoted me at $632 for 6 months, Progressive quoted me at $1306 for 6 months. And it seems like the Geico insurance is even better, with a lower collision deductible and higher coverage for bodily injury (Geico is $250,000, Progressive is $20,000).

    Is there a catch? This is the first time I'll have my own insurance, as I'm currently on my parent's plan. Since Geico doesn't know that yet, would their quote be a lot higher once they find that out?

    Edit: This is in Massachusetts

    submitted by /u/NastyNas0
    [link] [comments]

    Will my rate increase?

    Posted: 31 May 2020 12:43 PM PDT

    So I'm looking at new insurance quotes (USA, Georgia) and Geico has quoted me $708 for six months after the 15% credit and $930 without the 15% credit, but that's crossed out on the page. I was just wondering if I pay the $708 now, in the future will the rate increase to $930 or is it locked in at $708?

    submitted by /u/ESmithX95
    [link] [comments]

    Dental insurance for crowns

    Posted: 31 May 2020 11:53 AM PDT

    I currently do not have any dental insurance and I live in NY state. I got a crown done originally last year (on my parents' insurance plan that I have since aged out of) and I'm getting it replaced soon due to not liking the color. I'm going to enroll in an insurance plan called "Spirit Network 2000". Benefits start within a couple days of enrollment, and coverage is applicable to major procedures like crowns, implants, etc. immediately.

    Would I be eligible to receive coverage for this crown replacement? I know that most insurance plans typically cover crown replacements every 5 years, so I'm not sure how this affects my situation being that this is a new insurance plan. Also, there is nothing technically wrong with the crown, and I'm not sure if a legitimate "problem" with the crown is needed for coverage. Will the insurance company ask the reason for replacing the crown and when I had it done last? I am new to insurance plans and don't fully understand how it all works yet. Thanks!

    Link to the dental insurance plan brochure: https://www.spiritdental.com/documents/brochures/Spirit_Individual_NY%20Brochure%202020.pdf

    submitted by /u/CarefulTangerine9
    [link] [comments]

    My Insurance Rates Don't Make Sense

    Posted: 31 May 2020 11:49 AM PDT

    I'm hoping one of the pros in this group can help me out. My insurance rates are sky high and I can't figure out why. This isn't a general "insurance is too expensive" complaint. When I compare the rates I am paying for home, auto, umbrella etc to my friends who are very similar demographically (age, number of kids, income, credit rating etc) my rates are 2x or more above theirs. My homeowners as an example is $2,500 a year. My friends/coworkers are getting like $800. Very similar houses with very similar coverage less than a mile apart. I get solicitations from competing insurance companies with very attractive rates but then when I call they can't underwrite them. Their quotes end up being similar to what I am paying today. My wife and I have excellent credit (800+), no moving violations, our only claim is a use of the Roadside Assistance benefit over 7 years ago. I wonder if there is a negative mark on my record somewhere. I did pull CLUE reports from LexisNexis for my wife and I and they are both clean with nothing in there unexpected. Can anyone point me to another place I can check to understand how insurance companies determine rates or to another report about my history I should be checking? Really appreciate any help the group is able to offer and apologies for the long winded post.

    submitted by /u/Brihall99
    [link] [comments]

    If I have $40k or the state-level requirement worth of money laying around, can I self-insure myself if I somehow show that money stays in one place?

    Posted: 31 May 2020 10:38 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I'm curious about how to save money on insuring myself with my own money. Basically, my thinking is, if there's $20/$40/$5 coverage required on each person (I live in MA, that's the state required minimum), and if I'm not required to have higher/lower coverage if I travel out of state and desire no higher level of coverage, there's got to be a way to show coverage even if it means making an LLC or something. If I have the money that the state requires at a bare minimum, why should I have to buy insurance if I can readily cover such requirements myself?

    Does anyone know anything about this? I do know some states allow to self-insure, but not sure about states that don't have that exception.

    submitted by /u/dudecool2016
    [link] [comments]

    Hit a Deer with no comprehensive

    Posted: 31 May 2020 06:52 AM PDT

    Hi guys and gals. Last night a deer jumped in front of my car in the countryside (Ontario), which left me no time to swerve or avoid it. The front end of the car is not looking great, and my radiator has been punctured. The car is not drivable. Saying that though, the deer was in much worse shape.

    I got the car towed through CAA to a collision repair shop. My insurance provider and the collision shop is closed till Monday. But, I realized this morning that I don't have comprehensive, only liability. I'm also in university and work part time, so I wouldn't be able to make the repairs out of pocket. How screwed am I?

    submitted by /u/Renegade_August
    [link] [comments]

    Any suggestions on where I can find a paralegal or legal assistant to research insurance coverage limits & claims history?

    Posted: 31 May 2020 02:14 PM PDT

    Please disregard post. I was unaware of the nature of the ask and had no ill intent.

    I was a passenger in a vehicle that was rear-ended at a red light by the at-fault driver. I am seeking coverage limits for both the at-fault driver as well as the driver of the vehicle I was riding in.

    The driver of the vehicle I was riding in has already settled a claim, so I am hoping to find out the more about that settlement in addition to any other claims against the at-fault driver (I believe there was a previous DUI).

    Lastly, I would like to identify any additional insurance coverage that may be available under these or other unidentified policies.

    submitted by /u/vibr8higher
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment