• Breaking News

    Monday, February 3, 2020

    My mother just passed away yesterday morning. My step father and I are unable to find her life insurance policy and he doesn't know who she had it through. How am I able to find out this information? Insurance

    My mother just passed away yesterday morning. My step father and I are unable to find her life insurance policy and he doesn't know who she had it through. How am I able to find out this information? Insurance


    My mother just passed away yesterday morning. My step father and I are unable to find her life insurance policy and he doesn't know who she had it through. How am I able to find out this information?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 05:06 AM PST

    Travel Insurance choices

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 07:10 PM PST

    I live in USA and travel in and out of USA for work and pleasure. Sometimes I combine a work trip with pleasure since the company is paying for my airfare.

    Recently when I traveled overseas for vacation (personal), I got mugged and all of my personal belongings I had on me at that time were stolen at gun point. I lost some cash, free cell phones and some other personal items. The cell phones were not cheap ($1249 times three since I bought them new just before travel for me and my wife). Plus there was camera gear worth around $4000. I ended up filling a claim with my home owner insurance when I returned.

    This and recent corona virus outbreak got me thinking about travel insurance. I do not want to tap into my home owner insurance for my trips in the future.

    What are some good choices to buy per trip travel insurance that'll cover the following. I'm looking for reputable companies that actually pay the claims with ease and don't give a run around. Any other options like buying policy outright is also interesting to me.

    • Cover personal belongings for loss and theft
    • cover trip cancellation for valid reason including corona virus type situation
    • cover evacuation for medical or weather related reasons
    • travel delay when I have to make arrangements for lodging and dining

    Also advise what should I ask my employer for coverage if I'm traveling for work.

    Thanks ZeeKay

    submitted by /u/ZeeKayNJ
    [link] [comments]

    Does Auto Insurance Need to Notify Lease Company if Insurance Cancelled?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 01:07 AM PST

    Was involved in an accident and did not know my auto insurance was cancelled. Had fraud attack and bank froze account for a few hours. During this time my auto payment for car insurance did not go through. This resulted in a cancellation of my auto payments and unaware of the inevitable cancellation of my insurance policy. My lease company did not know my insurance was cancelled. Should they have been notified? I am sure if my lease company knew they would have notified me.

    submitted by /u/wildflower90
    [link] [comments]

    I'm a university student and I have Crohn's disease

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 01:06 AM PST

    I was recently diagnosed with Crohn's disease and I'm a university student in a EU country. I'm finishing undergrad this year and I'm planning to start my master's in another EU country. For the time being I am ok with the health insurance I have but I'm going away next year for studies and I found out that the health insurance of this other uni doesn't include diseases like Crohn's. I don't know about the right procedure I should make and I'm getting anxious about it. The medication I'm on is really expensive and I obviously can't afford it on my own. What are the steps to take concerning my condition?

    submitted by /u/sassy_tin_foil_hat
    [link] [comments]

    (GEICO Auto) I filed a Hit and Run claim. The owner of at-fault vehicle is ID'd by the plate number. It happened at parking lot while I was driving. But GEICO says it happened when parked. I am not-at-fault but I have to use MY collision coverage. Nothing to do with other vehicle. WTF! WHY?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 12:34 AM PST

    This is an update for my Friday's question

    Last week my car was hit at a parking lot and the other driver ran away. This week I found that vehicle again and took a photo of the license plate. Today I filed an insurance claim to GEICO in hopes of they will find the other driver's insurance and use his policy to fix my car. GEICO didn't do anything. Only if I wish to use MY collision coverage they'll assign a damage adjuster otherwise the claim is closed. WTF?

    I have 3 questions.

    (1) Why GEICO doesn't go after the at-fault vehicle's (who is identified) insurance to fix my car? I am paying for that.

    (2) The police report says that "Disposition of Vehicle on Orders of: DRIVER / PARKED". Also, GEICO says "Based on the information you have given us, this incident is considered a Not At Fault Collision claim because your vehicle was damaged while parked." But it was a collision while I was MOVING. I showed the dash footage to the officer. I provided the video to GEICO too. Why do they say I was parked? Why it is not my fault BECAUSE I was parked?

    (3) I have the at-fault driver's name (I am researching his home address and phone as well) but didn't report it to the police yet (I will soon). If the police filed the other driver's information, this will change the insurance decision? What about If I get his insurance policy number personally?

    Thank you for your help.

    submitted by /u/MrsMellowYellow
    [link] [comments]

    Beating the battle of price shoppers, and the “email me the quote and I’ll be in touch” objection?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 09:48 PM PST

    I started selling p&c and life with State Farm, our office opened at the beginning of the year. I was only really able to sell p&c for half the month because my license took forever to be issued, and my life insurance license was issued late last week. I sold 13 policies, about $7400 in premium.

    My background isn't sales of this nature - I've waited tables for 12 years, and 6 of that I also cleaned houses as my own small business. I am not a price only shopper myself, so I am struggling with that market of people. I don't believe it's a great way to sell. The ones I have sold, I didn't sell them cheaper - I sold them higher coverage for about what they pay now. And actually, one person was supposed to get HO and auto, but underwriting said they weren't eligible for the HO right now. I had to break the news and told them the auto rate might go up about $20 if they take off the multi line discount. Her response? "No worries, you still sold us a policy with way more coverage and value so $20 more than what we were paying Geico (for state minimum coverage) is still a great deal." That was an awesome feeling.

    Anyway, it doesn't help that many if not most leads I haven't been able to even write. I am in N.C., so almost all of these leads have been rated as facility - some not even eligible for full coverage. I'm hoping better leads will come, but at the same tome I've had more luck with aged leads than brand new ones.

    I had someone change their mind on me over $8, when she's driving around with no insurance. I came in $60 less than someone's current insurance with a little more coverage - "I have to think about it". I know State Farm tends to be higher in rates, but I've actually been able to cut some great deals when quoting. I don't understand the hesitation. And then the ones that want the quote emailed to them to "go over with their spouse"...it's a fine line. I had 2 couples buy policies with me that had me email the quotes to them, so it's hard to say who is genuine and who is not. I need to have better objections, but I hesitate because I tend to sound very sharp of the tongue. I'm just incredibly blunt and it often comes off more harsh than I even intend. My agent/boss says my personality is a strength, I just have to find out how to utilize that. He also keeps telling me to calm down because he feels I'm doing everything I can and doing it right.

    Also, there's no point in saying how I should just go indie - I'm not interested, I just want advice on how to combat these issues when quoting.

    submitted by /u/astevens0687
    [link] [comments]

    I've heard a lot fewer people buy life insurance than 20-30 years ago. Why is that? Are more people just rolling the dice?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 09:33 PM PST

    Brother Totaled Loaner Car

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 08:42 PM PST

    Hi,

    My friends brother totaled my friends loaner car. The brother is 17 and not under insurance. My friends name is under the loaner car. His brother hit a car on the highway and totaled his and gave serious damage to the other car. What's his best course of action?

    submitted by /u/Zotei
    [link] [comments]

    How Long After Getting Car Insurance, Until You Receive Final Quote/Price?????

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 05:51 PM PST

    I signed up for my own car insurance a couple of weeks ago (finally got off my parents). And the agent that I worked with had told me that my price could be subject to change, if the underwriters find discrepancies between what I put on my application, and the actual information about me (i.e. if I lied about my education, etc.).

    I didn't lie about anything, but there could be a slight discrepancy between my response on the application for "length of vehicle ownership" and what the underwriters find. I've had the car since 2016, but the title was under my parents name, and I got the title transferred in January 2020. Per the agents recommendation, I put on the application that I've owned the car more than 6 months. He did tell me that my quote may change if the underwriters don't see things that way.

    I paid the first months insurance when I signed up. And on my account online, I see the amount that I owe for February to be the same that I initially paid.

    But, at what point should I know my final rate by?????

    submitted by /u/robertjohnson27
    [link] [comments]

    Which Insurance Should I File A Claim With?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 10:36 AM PST

    I was driving on the left lane and a driver on the right lane made a sudden lane change into my lane (I have the dash cam footage of this). I hit the brake and didn't hit his car. About 2 seconds later, I got rear ended by a car behind me. The car in front of me then took off immediately (I got the video footage and his license plate). The driver in the car behind me gave me her phone and name but didn't give me her insurance information. I called the police and got a case number.

    So I have both the license plates but don't have their insurance information. Is there anyway I can find their insurance information to file a claim? I don't want to file a claim with my insurance since that will affect my "no claim" discount and will increase my premium. So I'm trying to see if it's easy to find out their insurance information and file a claim with them.

    It's a minor paint crack but could be a couple of hundred dollars to repaint. So if it's too much of a hassle to do then probably I'll let it go.

    submitted by /u/minhtuanta
    [link] [comments]

    Aetna Transgender Insurance (a Minor Wants to Fight the Law)

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 10:57 PM PST

    Aetna, the medical insurance my family uses, has a basic medical criteria for transgender mastectomy:

    1. Single letter of referral from a qualified mental health professional
    2. Persistent, well-documented gender dysphoria
    3. Capacity to make a fully informed decision and to consent for treatment
    4. For members below the age of majority (less than 18 years of age), completion of one year of testosterone treatment
    5. If significant medical or mental health concerns are present, they must be reasonably well controlled

    Rule number 4 is only applicable to minors, and is a rule I would be highly uncomfortable complying with prior to my mastectomy as it would increase my dysphoria (as a teen I would like to have a mastectomy before developing facial hair/lowering my voice- reversing the effects of a female puberty before transitioning into a male's). Patients 18+ are allowed to pursue treatment without a year's worth of prior testosterone, so what is the reasoning behind restricting a minor? Am I able to get my preferred order of treatment? I

    If applicable, I have access to lawyers and therapists, and excluding financial support, minimal parental presence. I am able to write to adults, but would they acknowledge my claims or should I pay a representative with a degree to dictate?

    submitted by /u/mssr-jericho
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance company using my coverage after a not at fault accident

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 10:21 PM PST

    I was in a 3 car not at fault accident 3 weeks ago which totaled my vehicle and I assume the other parties who was not at fault. The person at fault had the same insurance company as myself, he was underinsured of course to pay for 2 20,000 plus vehicles. I was payed ACV for my vehicle minus 1,000 for my deductible. I was told when they sale my vehicle at auction I will recieve my 1,000 back. Anyone ever heard of this and how likely am I to see this money? Also has anyone had any dealings with State Farm Bank payoff protector, did they payoff your vehicle easily or was it a big hassle and fight to get them to pay. Thabks in advance for any comments!

    submitted by /u/rockisland1985
    [link] [comments]

    Life insurance for high risk?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 12:34 PM PST

    So I've been denied a few times for medication I take for PTSD. I'm wondering where can I get life insurance now. There has to be places, like where do sky divers get their life insurance?

    Edit: I'm not suicidal people, there plenty of that on r/veterans. Just want to have something in place for the wife and kids and I'm not getting any younger.

    submitted by /u/chemmajorhehehe
    [link] [comments]

    Dependent Eligibility

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 03:54 PM PST

    Background: my boyfriend and I are in a long distance relationship (3 hours) and have a 1YO son. BF just recently took a position with a new company that requires him to submit a court ordered custody agreement in order to enroll our son in his benefit plan...an agreement which doesn't currently exist, as there's no need for one.

    My entire career (10+ years) has been spent doing some kind of employee benefits administration- either working for a broker or as the HR administrator, and I've never heard of a stipulation like this. I'm certainly familiar with spousal surcharges, QLEs, etc, but this one has me stumped. Anyone else out there who has run across this or something similar?

    submitted by /u/niblingk
    [link] [comments]

    Car accident

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 01:08 PM PST

    If I am driving a car that doesn't have car insurance but I do and get into a car accident. Does my insurance cover the uninsured car for damages?

    Btw this was a hit and run. The other car drove off.

    submitted by /u/kikooo89
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need ride share insurance?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 08:54 AM PST

    I have looked at many different threads under this subreddit but they are related to Uber and Lyft. At my college we have an informal program where people offer to drive others for cash or Venmo to/from parties to avoid drinking and driving. This would mean that I would only put out a text offering rides to people. Would I need ride share insurance for this?

    submitted by /u/rockandjazz
    [link] [comments]

    If win the case from suing at fault driver, will at fault car insurance pay for it?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 12:08 PM PST

    I got in the accident and cannot accept the low offer of the diminished value for my brand new car. If I sue the at fault driver and win the case, will the at fault insurance company pay for it? Can I bring the case to talk to the adjuster and demand them to pay as the amount that I won the case? Do I have to take the insurance company to the court to force them to pay? I am in Georgia. Thanks for any comment and advice.

    submitted by /u/Chuenjit
    [link] [comments]

    Can my car insurance sue me?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 10:07 AM PST

    I recently got into an accident where it was mostly my fault. I merged into the highway in a rush, and the guy (3rd lane) didn't stop in time (he was speeding) and hit me from behind. He had a dash camera. I gave him my insurance, no police report were filed.

    So my question is, if I let my insurance cover this, can I let my insurance expire and. Or renew it? Will they be able to sue me for not renewing the insurance (after they pay for other cars damages)?

    — my insurance expires March 30, so if I let it expire, will they be able to sue me?

    submitted by /u/IdriveUber1
    [link] [comments]

    How hard is it to get a previous plan after a few career changes/moving?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 09:53 AM PST

    Last year I had awesome health insurance. Then I took a job that had ok insurance so I decided to let my old insurance go. Now I have decided to leave the company and will lose my coverage on my last day/next Friday.

    How bad is it to be without while I work on getting covered again? They do have a program to continue my insurance after but it's very expensive.

    How easy would it be to get my old insurance back? It was through selecthealth and the market place/healthcare.org

    I assume I lose anything I put towards a deductible too.

    Old insurance in a different state, moving back to my original state if that matters.

    Any thoughts or comments appreciated. If I need more info, I can do that too.

    submitted by /u/selfimprovement2020
    [link] [comments]

    I had wrist repair surgery where they put a pin in at the end of 2019, just got the pin removed and realized I'm billed separately. Should I have to pay my deductible twice?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 08:20 AM PST

    When I got surgery to repair my wrist and was told they'd put a pin in, I'd assumed the pin removal operation would be included because it just made sense to me at the time and I didn't think to ask, not familiar with healthcare really. Feeling pretty stupid now that I'm being asked to pay me $2500 deductible twice simply because of when in the year I had the initial surgery.

    I feel like the pin insertion necessitated the pin removal. The two were linked operations, like the removal was associated with the repair surgery. Is there any way I can ask my insurance to consider the pin removal as part of the prior year and not have to pay my deductible twice?

    submitted by /u/Bibo193896423
    [link] [comments]

    Rethink about insurance

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 07:07 PM PST

    Just saw someone posting this on LinkedIn and think that it is good to share with everyone. I especially like the part where Jack Ma mentioned "You will not turn bankrupt because of buying insurance but you will cause your loved ones to turn bankrupt if you don't". I guess it's time for us to rethink our beliefs against insurance.

    submitted by /u/liangweiyang
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment