• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 8, 2020

    Funniest things to happen in a cold call Sales and Selling

    Funniest things to happen in a cold call Sales and Selling


    Funniest things to happen in a cold call

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 04:31 PM PST

    Hi Everyone,

    I sell copiers and my main method is the old fashion in person cold call. Honestly it may be the most daunting of sales efforts but it can be the most rewarding. How I look at it, if you don't get a lead you get a good story to tell. Does anyone have some good stories of in person cold calls?

    Here is mine:

    One day I was hitting a business park. I walked into the door of one office and there was no receptionist at the front desk, i shouted hello and a guy in the back office said "yes who is it?". I took this as an invitation and I took a few steps and was in his office. The first thing I noticed was the guy stand up really quick after closing out what was unmistakably NSFW video content. I swear I saw him zip up his pants too. The guy also wasn't wearing shoes, just really getting into it I guess. He was so embarrassed that he actually stood there and spoke with me for a good 40 minutes. During the conversation he told me how great his receptionist is, but that she doesn't always want to come to work. He literally said "she would rather sit and jerk off on the couch". I thought to myself, as opposed to at work? Anyways he remains a solid prospect who is under contract with a competitor for another 3 years, and no I did not shake his hand.

    Edit: grammar

    submitted by /u/ImWellEndowed
    [link] [comments]

    What advice do you have for someone wanting to improve their ‘executive presence’?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 03:02 AM PST

    i.e. when and how to engage with C level executives.

    submitted by /u/zeydonussing
    [link] [comments]

    From back office into Sales

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 08:47 AM PST

    Hi All!

    I am excited that I am transitioning from a process oriented position rather than a spontaneous and go get position. I have been always behind a computer doing all logistics, operations, purchases, etc. Even software teaching, but this is nothing compared to sales pitching.

    I will be starting selling media for Comcast soon, and I want to learn as much as I can in Sales. I am sure this is more about social skills and what product/service you can offer, so I am sharing what I am doing before I start on this position. I listen podcast "make it happen Mondays, everybody hates marketers", and I do audiobooks from seller such as the "3 minute rule". These are all theoretical, but I feel confident that I will be applying them good enough in the field.

    I am seeking for advice on what to read, listen, research to be a successful ad/media sales for small to mid business such as Restaurants,jewelry shops, accounting offices and so on.

    Please share some advice! Yeyos!

    submitted by /u/didacusD
    [link] [comments]

    Sales at a large established public company vs a startup

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 10:56 AM PST

    Currently I work for a large tech company as an SDR and my longer term goal is to get into sales leadership. More specifically, I want to get to a Director or VP level position in Sales down the road. The career path to get to a sales manager role at my current company looks like a year as an SDR then at least 3 years as an AE or Account manager to get to the enterprise level. From there I would be able to move to a managerial role.

    Recently I spoke to a lead that worked for a startup with innovative technology and that I see to have huge growth potential. This really piqued my interest especially since I want to help and be with a company go public. On top of that, I know that the career progression at a startup could be fast tracked and I could get into leadership sooner.

    Would love some advice on what reality looks like for sales at a startup and the value of experience at an established company vs a startup. Also want to know if there are other career paths to become a Sales Leader other than starting with a sales manager role.

    submitted by /u/Sizzlente
    [link] [comments]

    Why would anyone pay someone to make them a website when 90% of the time they could just use sites like Wix, Wordpress, SquareSpace?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 11:40 AM PST

    I feel like I've wasted all of my time learning how to code. I don't know if I was just ignoring this question on some level, but I asked myself earlier: "If I tried to sell myself a website, ( and I didn't know how to code ) how would I do it?".

    The answer was I wouldn't be able to. I would never pay someone to make a website for me, even if I didn't know how to code. I'd just use a simple CMS and be done with it. I just feel like I don't provide any real value to people by learning these skills.

    A week ago I had shown my dad my portfolio website, where I keep all my projects and sample sites, and I was pretty proud of it but he brought up how there is no career in doing this stuff anymore, that I'd be better off learning a CRM like Zoho or SalesForce instead because that's in demand.

    People don't need people to make them websites anymore, and I just feel like I've missed the boat.

    I want to be wrong, but I just feel so discouraged right now.

    submitted by /u/Haunting_Glove
    [link] [comments]

    My First Business

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 02:22 AM PST

    I just opened my first website/e-commerce business. I would love any generic advice or critique anyone in this sub can give me as a college student looking to make more income. I've generated my first 300 leads but still only have 3 total sales. I know things take time but what can I do to further push my sales/brand forward?

    https://kansokult.com/ is my website for those interested.

    submitted by /u/LocalSuperNerd
    [link] [comments]

    50M in registerable deals in software

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 07:35 PM PST

    looking for a little advice. I was recently invited to speak at a client conference. I work at a sales organization that holds an MSA with them. I'ved developed years of trust and now have an opportunity to bring my current company roughly 50M in deals that could book by fiscal 2020 Q3. Roughly 39M would be in upfront enterprise engagements for 8 cutting edge tech vendors. 11M is projected YoY cloud services. That I anticipate will grow at a 32% rate each year for the first three years.

    So my problem is, I will not receive any commision on this deal. I've been with my company for more than 4 years and I'm sure I'm going to get a "great job" email and maybe another 25k annually wich will still leave me under 100k.

    So, should I feed the company 2 deals and then negotiate a raise based on a commision (if so, how much?) and a promotion in title, should I just give them the whole thing, or should I contact the vendor partners that would benefit from my current and anticipated future situation and just walk?

    submitted by /u/MrTwzaTranny
    [link] [comments]

    Surviving a Recession

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 02:48 AM PST

    SDR here, how do Salespeople survive recession time? Considering the economy is booming right now, I find it a bit difficult to move into different jobs. I can only imagine what it's like during recession time.

    Is it better to work in a corporate location? Do people get kicked out of sales due to recession?

    submitted by /u/Pelagios-Pankratios
    [link] [comments]

    Generating leads decoded

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 03:52 AM PST

    Okay so your a salesman that works in any industry, how do you generate leads for any new industry that you don't have a clue about ? It has to be figured out by now, there has to be a strategy or directory or any source that helps you with it. If there are any books or resources that cover this subject please suggest it to us. Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/the_originalist
    [link] [comments]

    Selling consulting services

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 02:58 AM PST

    Hey Reddit fellows, I'm very good at networking and making connections. I currently have a period of 3-4 month where I can engage in some entrepreneurial activities. I was thinking to sell various blockchain software consulting and development services to enterprise customers.

    I have some background in the blockchain industry. The idea is to create a brand and use that to sell those services. The services will be essentially outsourced to qualified third parties. My task would be only the deal making.

    So my question is how to set this up to not be seen as a „middleman" who only extracts value. Should I present the „outsourcers" in front of potential customers as part of my brand/company ?

    How to keep the prospect engaged during the consulting period and not let the third parties take over and cut me out of the relationship?

    I have knowledge in the industry and I'm good at deal making and have the network, but how to properly set this up?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/m10r-vc
    [link] [comments]

    Life of an Orthopedic Spine Sales Rep

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 10:24 PM PST

    Hey there, I'm considering transitioning from Orthopedic Joint Reconstruction to Spine. I've got 2 interviews lined up so far and was doing an SOS to see if anyone is out there that has experience in both fields.

    I'm curious to know verticals and quality of life. From what I'm gleaming it will be similar QOL but potentially higher returns on each case.

    submitted by /u/hardly_incognito
    [link] [comments]

    [5x 10$ Gift Card Draw] Consumer Opinions Survey Online vs In Store [Academic]

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 01:52 AM PST

    This survey is for our Bachelors project. We will be using the response data to generate a machine learning model that analyzes customers preferences.

    It'll take just 2-3 minutes to fill out the survey we'd love for you to participate in our study!

    Survey!

    The gift card draw is meant to add incentive for redditors so that we can have a large sample size. 5 winners will be able to select the gift cards of their choice worth 10$ each.

    If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to contact us at: [consumerstudy.musurvey@gmail.com](mailto:rmanewschoolstudy@gmail.com).

    submitted by /u/AnonNick1
    [link] [comments]

    Digital Marketing Sales rep compensation advice.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 09:29 PM PST

    I recently started my own Digital Marketing agency. I have years of digital marketing experience at the agency level and can sell clients, however I am not very confident in my cold calling abilities so I'm thinking of finding some commision based sales reps, but am unsure of a fair commision model.

    I was thinking of paying the rep 50% of the negotiated set up fee and then 15% of the agency fee from the client every month, granted the client continues to work with us.

    Is this too much compensation?, maybe its not enough compensation? Id really like to hear your opinions.

    My goal is to find great reliable sales reps, so I am looking to pay sales reps very competitively, as it is volume within a few industries that I am after.

    submitted by /u/Dry-Rub
    [link] [comments]

    Help me creatively fund my sales team while I’m short on cash

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 01:09 AM PST

    Hey Sales people,

    This one is for the more experienced entrepreneurs with experience growing lean.

    Currently I lead a a small door to door sales team comprised of myself and two others on commission only paid via residual payments.

    I'm the franchisor and sell lawn mowing franchises.

    I want to increase sales by increasing my sales team, in order to do this, I believe I'll need to pay a base salary + commission to recruit new sales people (the existing ones are my friends so they hopped on board easily, I think it would be more difficult to hire additional sales people on commission only)

    I recently had a coffee with a competitor in the pressure washing industry and she asked if we could do sales for her for commission.

    My proposal for her is, she pays base for 3 new men and I'll lead them for free (clipping the ticket on the total teams sales) the trick here is, my guys work 50 hours per week. I'll only offer her 25 hours of labour per week per person. Then my guys are happy and they can continue to do 50 hours knowing they get their base and sell lawns for me too.

    So I don't need to upfront the base salary.

    Thoughts?

    If she doesn't go for it, I'm going to approach another company to cover the expense.

    submitted by /u/oscar_underscore
    [link] [comments]

    Grant Cardone’s 8 step Sale strategy

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 07:32 AM PST

    Author of 'The 10x rule' and the world's best salesman recommends the following strategy for selling anything:
    1. Attitude: For having a great start, dress well, have the right posture and be confident, optimistic and be in your best positive mind state. Have the attitude that you can solve any problem.
    2. Greetings: To leave an awesome first impression, you should smile, have a firm handshake and greet them well. If you have any common interests or past memories, share that first. You have to make them comfortable before asking/pitching anything.
    3. Fact findings: Don't make assumptions. Ask smart questions to find what the customer wants, why he wants it and how can you help him. Try to find a problem with his existing products and why he would like to change. Why now. Who else are the decision-makers? Main consideration point of the purchase and why.
    4. Selection and Demonstration: Decide which of your product suits best to the customer needs and end questions with a perfect transition like 'Based on our conversation, This product is a perfect fit for you, Here is the reason why.' Present your product showing advantages and benefits to the customer. Use your imagination to provoke desire in them as explained in 'picture'. Always give a demo before negotiating prices.
    5. Trial close: It's important to know the customer latest interest, his ownership in making decisions to avoid any risks in closing the deal. So, know the objections of customers. Don't take anything personally and try to resolve them by being resourceful and optimistic. If someone is saying 'I am not buying today.', tell them Even I am not selling today but let me show you the features and benefits. It will help you make a decision next time you visit us.
    6. Service-walk and Write up: The idea behind this step is to increase trust.
    As mentioned in the step "proof', show the company's strength using feedbacks.
    Also, People trust what they see more than what they listen to. Give them MOM, a proposal with T&C, features, service, and price in detail.
    7. Negotiation and the close: One of the most important principles of negotiation is to agree with the other person and make them agree with yours. Once it's done, you can move forward towards closing the deal. Always keep a win-win in mind and don't be emotional towards the price.
    8. Deliver and follow up: Ensure customer satisfaction and focus on the service. Sales are people first, product second profession. Happy customers will automatically help you in getting more customers using word of mouth.
    Try to stay creatively in touch with your customers.

    Other selling tips:

    1. Don't forget your power base: Your family members, friends, fans who already trust you.
    2. Easy sales: People who already purchased from you are the easy buyers are humans are the creatures of habits.
    3. Increase your references: Use social media to your advantage and think of your potential buyers.
    4. Transfer your certainty: Don't feel disappointed by initial rejections. People will say no until they feel certain about your product. Be certain about the value addition of the product to the customer and transfer your certainty to him.
    5. Be in control of the sale: Show them the benefits of your product and how can it transform their lives along with the pain of going ahead in the future with the existing product.
    6. Find the solution to the real problem: Your product will be really successful in the long term if you are solving their real problems,
    7. Treat everyone with respect: Don't assume the spending capacity of anyone and treat everyone as you want yourself to be treated from them.
    8. Give Give Give: Try to give everyone all your energy, attention, respect and service. It will really help you in the long term.

    Post source: http://betheflow.in/art-of-selling-anything/

    submitted by /u/infinitee_lab
    [link] [comments]

    Pay changes?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 12:01 PM PST

    So the owner of the company I work for wants to change the sales teams pay scale. He doesn't believe that the prep fees on new bikes should be counted into our commission. It's front end profit which is purely what I'm paid on. So it would be about a 45 dollar difference per sale for me. Am I being unfair? Do any other salesman get a percentage of prep fees? Really I just want to know if that sounds reasonable or if I have a right to feel a bit jipped. Thanks for any help and answers.

    submitted by /u/CannOpener
    [link] [comments]

    ADP help

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 09:53 PM PST

    Hello all!

    I was looking to work with paychex or ADP and have felt more inclined to work with adp. I was wondering if anyone who currently works/has worked for ADP as an SBS rep could tell me around about how many hours a week you work. I am also trying to live on my own when I graduate and was trying to plan some financial things and was wondering if anyone knew was a very fair average for a first year rep can expect? I know base for my area is 40k so how much the base + commission/bonus total would be??

    Thank you all for the feedback!

    submitted by /u/brent7007
    [link] [comments]

    Does owed commission effect unemployment?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 09:26 PM PST

    Not sure who else to ask about this, since you guys are likely more used to this. I'm currently owed about 500 dollars in commission from last month from an inside sales job that was base+commision. I should get that next week. Will that effect my unemployment claim?

    submitted by /u/DariusIV
    [link] [comments]

    Typical ~week in the life of surgical device rep?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 02:32 PM PST

    Business side and OR side (ortho, working for a distributor). Id love to have a breakdown of your daily/weekly/monthly to-do's and how you execute a week beyond the vaguery Ive found on google, from someone who actually does the grind. Doesnt have to be specific to ortho & working for a distributor, any med device would be helpful. Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/jago02
    [link] [comments]

    Contacting Accounts that went Dark

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 08:00 PM PST

    What are some interesting methods/tips for contacting accounts that have gone dark? Looking for some interesting ways to communicate and find out exactly what they are no longer interested in a product or service.

    submitted by /u/SaveMeAPlaceLB
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best resource for finding referral partners?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 04:03 PM PST

    I work with B2B, specifically in merchant services. I have had a heck of a time finding reliable referral partners. I have gone the LinkedIn route and it seems to be a tedious dead end, sure some have panned out but to the tune of 1:1000. I tried some paid services but they don't work well with my industry. I tried BNI and that was a disaster. Does anyone have a tool, resource or otherwise to recommend?

    submitted by /u/Double_Helix_Pay
    [link] [comments]

    Landed my first sales job, nervous there’s a catch to it?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 07:29 PM PST

    Had an interview today for a digital sales specialist position at a small advertising agency. Typical product offered is web design, logo, social media, google analytics, seo, etc.

    Walked in to see a really small office, 4 desks, everyone in shorts and shirts talking on the phone to potential clients, was taken aback by how casual it was and how small the room was with everyone talking.

    Supposedly majority is inbound, very little cold calling, commission is 8% on packages ranging from $200 a month to $900 a month. Starting pay is $16 an hour plus uncapped commission.

    What worries me is the environment doesn't feel.. professional at all? I was hired within like 5 minutes, asked to start training on Monday. Is the pay a good starting point for a first job? If my goal is to get into SaaS is this B2B position a good choice?

    Any help from the sales community appreciated!

    submitted by /u/_slamcityrick_
    [link] [comments]

    Durable Medical Equipments

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 02:55 PM PST

    Anyone here has any experience in the DME Braces, i have got an offer to work for a company that telemarket medical braces [Back brace, Knee brace], i don't feel so good about and wanted to know if anyone knows anything about that.

    submitted by /u/K0vakS
    [link] [comments]

    What free/cheap gift can I give to a prospect?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 06:24 PM PST

    I'll try make this short. I am a manager for a car dealership and I am sending a select number of customers a personal letter with a huge discount to renew their car. For us in the UK, March is all about getting units out the door, so each of these deals will lose us money in order to get the unit.

    I would like to offer something to the customer on top of deal, no strings attached. I am already offering a free car valet as an incentive to bring them to our showroom to discuss the figures I am sending. What could I also include in the mail, that won't cost us much but has some value. I have 141 people to send this to and anything I did offer that costs money needs signing off by our area manager.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/iamtheilluminati
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment