• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 8, 2020

    Claim denied 2 years later? Insurance

    Claim denied 2 years later? Insurance


    Claim denied 2 years later?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 03:26 PM PST

    Hello everyone We just received a letter from BCBS saying that one of my wife's claims was denied (gene testing at the beginning of her pregnancy) the weird part is that the claim/test was done back in 2018 and we just got the letter in the mail now 2 years later? Seems crazy Does that mean that now we will most likely receive a bill from the hospital for the procedure? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/SkyfireRain
    [link] [comments]

    Totaled my car due to environmental issues (black ice)

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 01:06 AM PST

    I wrecked aka totaled my car because of bad weather. Cop told me he wrote it down as environmental issues to try and help me out when it came to dealing with insurance. I'm only 21 years old and I feel like my insurance company is going to make me more miserable than I already am. I'm extremely worried and don't know what to do or how to best handle it. Any tips when calling my insurance and explaining the situation? or perhaps some guidance on how to make the situation better for me? The car didn't cost anything crazy, but I'm worried about them either dropping me as a client or my insurance payments will go up a crazy amount.

    submitted by /u/AcidSac
    [link] [comments]

    Legit Online Quotes for Car Insurnace?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 09:02 PM PST

    Every time I put all my info in, they just redirect me to another website that asks me to call them anyway. There's so much spam and popups and BS, I'm not sure how to sort through it.

    Is there a way i can get a legit quote without interacting with the human race?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/PoringOP
    [link] [comments]

    I was hit by a commercial vehicle

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 12:23 AM PST

    I got sideswiped pretty bad by a commercial oil transporter. He admitted fault at the scene and it seemed like got cited but I'm not too sure since there were 2 officers (one for me, one for him). He told me he told the officer that it was his fault and they made him sign a slip, which I assume is the citation. Anyways, afterwards I called his insurance company to make the claim. It's my first accident and I am unsure if I should've called my insurance instead and make the claim through them. As of right now, only the other party's insurance really knows and they said an adjuster will be reaching out in 24-48 business days. Where do I go from here and should I also file a claim on my own insurance?

    submitted by /u/uhthrowaway1111
    [link] [comments]

    Travel Insurance for the China trip?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 11:27 PM PST

    Need some ideas here. So I basically booked a flight to China, arrived Jan 20, 2 days later the coronavirus pandemic happened. It was supposed to be a vacation trip but now has became a trip basically I'm locked inside my hotel due to the government very extreme regulations. I'm not in Wuhan, but still very extreme. Anyways, my vacation is ruined as I am basically confined to my hotel. I booked the trip on my AMEX Aspire -- I didn't purchase any additional travel insurance. What I would basically like to happen - a refund for my whole trip (at least my flight). Is this possible? As ridiculous as this sounds, I kid you not when I say I basically booked a trip to live in a prison. Nothing is open, all shops are closed, all restaurants are closed, nobody in the streets. This is probably the worst trip I've ever been and I'll be stuck here for another month due to the airline cancellations, my return flight has been pushed back, but confirmed. My day is basically waking up, bored all day sitting in the hotel room, and fall asleep. No gym, no nothing. Sorry I have to rant a bit to get this out of my chest.

    submitted by /u/WhoKnows2019
    [link] [comments]

    Family lives in one location, has address in another.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 08:26 AM PST

    Ok so in a conversation over the phone, a family member was talking about how they still use their mothers address in a small town about 10 hours away as their home address to keep their premiums down.

    I told them if they had to make a claim their insurance wouldn't cover it.

    Their response was twofold: 1st she said "people never travel?"

    Which I said was preposterous, she isnt traveling she has lived in the large metropolitan city for years.

    Next she said "well I dont claim this as my residence, my home residence will always be "small city" which I said again was ridiculous, your married, 31, and have lived there for 4 years. You cant just say your traveling and your mom's house is your residence, it is totally illogical "But that's not where I claim my residence."

    So I quit arguing because it was getting me nowhere. I'm sure she is wrong because what she is saying makes no sense. But what is something more concrete that I can tell her that isnt just an argument about illogical behavior. Is there some kind of rule, regulation, or something I can point her to say, change your address or it wont be covered?

    submitted by /u/boston_2004
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance Co. Wants Me To Pay For Roof Inspection.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 04:08 PM PST

    My policy is up for renewal, my roof is 20 years old they are asking for a roof inspection report. I talked to a few of my neighbors, their Insurance Co. are not making the same request and say switch companies. I'm not opposing an inspection, but why should I pay?

    submitted by /u/trent_88
    [link] [comments]

    Background check

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 03:45 PM PST

    Hey everyone,

    I have been offered a job at progressive for claims adjuster trainee. I was told I would be receiving a background check by Hireright. And it seems many people have had issues with this 3rd party. Did any of you here have an issues during your check?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/bigbossjg
    [link] [comments]

    First time getting auto-insurance - between these two quotes (Statefarm and AAA)

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 02:38 PM PST

    Statefarm: https://imgur.com/a/dA4cmjT

    AAA: https://imgur.com/a/XKht9Nu

    Is the higher medical payments coverage by statefarm the only difference?

    Any other reason to not choose AAA over statefarm?

    Edit: Realized AAA guy had my DOB wrong raising my total from 239 to 324.

    submitted by /u/runthisfade
    [link] [comments]

    I am a victim of an insurance fraud scam

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 07:49 AM PST

    so im gonna write this out & simplify it but im freaking out. on wednesday night, my dad called me SCREAMING saying I did a hit and run. not possible. it never happened. I wasnt even driving my car because my license was accidentally suspended. he calls the ins company and they told him they know its ins fraud & he wants the lady charged. this woman made up a story that I was in a city 30 miles away from where I actually was, that I hit her car and that I pulled over. we exchanged info and then I decided to "run on foot and abandon the car". yeah ok. im 300 pounds. like that happened. and left the car ? yeah ok. they also never called cops. I told my dad the day it happened they clearly saw the damage on my car from an accident that happened in october and saw a beautiful opportunity to get a new car since theres is 20 years old.

    heres where I fucked up. I dont know. I guess I got nervous and I recounted my day from the day before. since both days were exactly similar. but its EXTREMELY important bc the entire reason I know the car wasnt taken and I didnt take it, was bc I WAS IN IT ! my friend drove us to the DMV the day of the "alleged accident" so theres no fucking way it was in an accident. I was just upset and nervous and I had told them abt the previous day that I had gotten an uber there from some cash uber page (basically a taxi). because I had taken a $30 cash uber to get my license back and they said to come back 24 hours later or the next day. so I wasted my money and decided the next day, im having my friend take us since she doesnt have a car and I do.

    guys I dont know what to do. seriously. I was told to stick w what I said but I feel sick knowing I got the days mixed up.

    I have a ticket from the DMV the time of the accident. and I have video footage of me sitting in DMV for 3 hours after the alleged accident, that happened 30 miles away. I just dont know what to do. do I say I got my days mixed up or do I stick w what I told them ? I seriously cant believe I have to testify basically and prove my own innocence. this is an open and shut case. I was literally accounted for w the car, 30 miles away ! the car was w ME ! and this is super important bc what I had told them was that I got a ride meaning my car was at home. idk. im so upset. someone please give me advice as to what I should do. between having the flu, being tired & stressed and being forced into doing a recorded statement when I wanted to wait til I wasnt feeling so shitty, I just dont know. now it looks like im changing my story. I dont want them winning all because I got my day mixed up w the previous day, as both days I was taken to the DMV by a friend. I still cannot believe someone lied and made all this shit up and I have to deal w it.

    SHORT VERSION- some woman made up a story I hit her car, exchanged info and ran on foot and abandoned the car. this never happened since my friend and I were in a city 30 miles away, for almost 4 hours. I got nervous and gave the details of the day before, when I had gotten a taxi to the DMV and now I look like im changing my story when in reality I was just confused since both days were so similar.

    submitted by /u/throwawayscamed
    [link] [comments]

    Car Insurance in Different State from Agent?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 06:07 PM PST

    I just moved from WA to CA and spoke to a state farm agent about updating my address to CA. They seemed to have made a mistake and only updated my address to the CA, but I have the same old agent with the same rates. Therefore, they technically know I am living in CA, but my old agent is still in WA. If I were to get a new agent down in CA, the rate would be double what I was previous paying. Am I able to just leave it alone and still keep my car insurance coverage?

    Note: They updated both the mailing address and the "Address where principally garaged" address in the system. Thus, I should still be covered? What should I do? Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/KingJokerK
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone heard of Trexis auto insurance??

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 02:16 PM PST

    Was rear ended yesterday in my brand new car. The person who hit me carries Trexis insurance. Never heard of it but have tried to do some digging to see what to expect from them. Safe to say I'm more than a little worried that my repairs will not be fully covered and that it will take longer than it should to be handled.

    Anyone know anything about Trexis? It's owned by ALFA, another insurance company I've never heard of. I'm currently insured with Farmers 😭

    submitted by /u/carma-police
    [link] [comments]

    4-5 trees fell in wind storm in North Carolina, I filed home insurance did I do the right thing ?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 05:52 PM PST

    4-5 trees fell from a wind storm. 3 went into my 2 neighbors yard and also broke their fence. My neighbors kept calling me and coming to my front door to see what I will do. I decided to submit an insurance claim since this was tricky dealing with 2 neighbors and it seemed like they wanted me to pay to remove the trees from their yard as well. I have all other perils deductible of 1000 but apparently with the under writing department I called said I have 0 deductible for hail/ wind damage.

    The thing that makes me feel like I didn't do the right thing by filing a claim is because I am reading insurance won't pay for tree removal on just the yard . Is this true ? So this would be a claim on my record and insurance could possibly pay 0? It is 3 pretty big tree (30ft) and affects walking around my backyard. My structure/ home was unaffected by the trees falling.

    submitted by /u/CoolGamer12345678
    [link] [comments]

    Possibility of Life Insurance being voided?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 10:12 AM PST

    my parents bought me a life insurance policy as a child (index universal life insurance) and i am now working to get it transferred to me. (i believe the premiums have already been paid for too)

    i had submitted the app, got the medial exam done, and answered a series of lifestyle questions. today i had a phone interview to ask further about those lifestyle answers and one thing they asked that wasnt worded exactly the same was if i had gone to AA or any similar programs.

    i answered "No" on paper but on the phone when asked, i said that I did attend about 4 years ago for only 6 months on my own and for personal. i thought it was okay to share that as it was not a professional requirement or to seek treatment etc.

    later i realized that the interview was specifically looking for misinterpretations or inconsistencies so now i am paranoid.

    can my policy be voided now? appreciate any insights!

    submitted by /u/StayCalmAndEatPizza
    [link] [comments]

    Paid less at the Hospital not having insurance. Is that right?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 01:33 PM PST

    So I had to go to the ER a few months back because of an allergic reaction. About a month ago I got my statement and is was for about $1k. I called today to see if I can get financial assistance when the lady helping me asked me if I wanted assistance with my uninsured statement. When I asked her what that was she answered that I owe a bit under $200 for not being insured. Is this correct or am I going to get hit with something else later on?

    submitted by /u/XOF_GGUNS
    [link] [comments]

    Insuring Company vehicle under my personal policy

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 04:54 PM PST

    I work for a small company and my employer asked me to place a company vehicle under my personal policy. They would pay for the premium and I would be the only one driving. Now they are asking me to also add a coworker to the policy. I said I would look into it, but now I am not sure if I'm comfortable with the whole thing. I only know the coworker in question very casually, and I assume I would be liable if they got into an accident while operating the vehicle. Not to mention the premium increase that would likely stem from such an incident. I tried to find accounts of similar situations online to make an informed decision, but could not find anything. So here I am asking for opinions. Thanks in advance for your input!

    tl;dr: boss asking to use my car insurance for the company vehicle.

    submitted by /u/Definitive_Lee
    [link] [comments]

    2nd insurance policy on car to avoid rate increase?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 04:31 PM PST

    About 6 months ago, I filed a no-fault claim for damage to my car when i found someone hit my parked car and left the scene without leaving a note. I paid my $500 deductible and got it fixed. I have not filed a claim before then in maybe 15 years.

    Just recently, someone sideswiped my car while i was driving and just took off.

    I took it to a shop and the estimator said it would probably cost $6k to fix everything completely. I am reluctant to file another claim because i'd surely get a rate increase. The estimator suggested this: get a 2nd policy for the car (maybe a 2 year policy) and then file a claim with my current insurance. Then drop that current insurance soon after everything is fixed.

    The 2nd insurance policy won't see my 2nd claim until it's time to renew in 2 years and therefore won't raise my rates until then.

    seems alittle fishy and borderline illegal.

    Could anyone tell me if this would work?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/red_five_standingby
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to get a life insurance quote, what are some things to ensure are covered under the policy?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 03:55 AM PST

    Person who hit me likely doesn't have insurance. Should I be getting a lawyer?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 02:27 PM PST

    So I'm really wondering how boned I am and how all this is going to play out. This is my first time dealing with a car wreck on my own. This is in Buffalo, NY.

    I was not at fault with a police report supporting my claim of that. My car was parked in my driveway, and I was asleep in bed (1130pm).

    I woke up to my dogs going bananas (thanks again, puppers!), because someone had blown through a stop sign, hit a light pole, and then careened into my truck. The kid gave insurance information for a policy that was apparently cancelled in December to both me and the police. An insurance agent from my company (GEICO) called me today to inform me of the policy not being valid, and to schedule a tow to the nearest GEICO certified damage assessor, with the inspection being Monday (today is Friday) through my insurance

    I have uninsured motorist coverage for 100k/300k, and a $1000 deductible. I had to rent a car for a week last night to get me through this because my truck started shaking after I took it to work and back yesterday (shaking got progressively worse as it was driven more).

    I am currently leasing this truck, and I have about $7k of negative equity rolled into my lease.

    Redditors of this sub, these are my questions: 1. How much am I expecting to have to come up with besides the $1000 deductible and the rental car cost?

    1. Should I be talking to a lawyer at this POINT? I feel like I'm going to be paying at least $1500 out of pocket for deductible and rental car at this point since the guy who hit my car apparently has no insurance.
    submitted by /u/sjrotella
    [link] [comments]

    Salvage car insurance

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 12:38 PM PST

    short story, so i have a pretty old car and it got t boned, insurance claimed it as a write off, damage was door and quarter panel, still runs fine no airbargs were deployed, kept the car and got a reduced settlement then i got it fixed to a body shop i trust. called my insurance to add back the car to my policy and they gave me 3rd party liability. also gave them the invoice for the repair and new photos of the car,so my question is do i still need to get a safety check or no?

    submitted by /u/noisegate17
    [link] [comments]

    Other party’s insurance company refusing to issue payment for an accident that I wasn’t at fault for

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 11:42 AM PST

    Basically as the title says. My car's door handle was ruined because someone opened their door while parked next to me with the strength of a fucking goliath and scratched my paint off. Guy didn't have insurance (or claimed not to...) and was in a rental car so he just gave me his rental papers.

    I made a claim thru the rental company and its been back and forth with them for over a month. My assigned adjuster doesnt answer his phone, like ever. He responds to emails 3-4 days after I send them. He provides no information and is clearly impatient in his replies.

    He already valued the damage at $300 less than I was estimated through a body shop, and after I gave up on that argument I was still willing to take it as his secretaries assured me that he would send the payment over to me.

    Now he's saying that he sent the payment to the body shop. I called the body shop to confirm, and surprise surprise no payment was given since my car isn't even there, it's with me at work. Plus I'd prefer to have the check mailed to myself as thats what I was under the impression he was going to do.

    My question is, is he even allowed to refuse payment to me? He insists that the repair needs to be done first but I've never heard of an insurance company doing this. If it's actually a thing I'd love to know but this company seems sketchy and frankly is just super frustrating to communicate with. I know they're just trying to make me give up but I want to know what options I actually have first.

    submitted by /u/leftovercroc
    [link] [comments]

    Driving an insured car that is not my own and got into a fender bender (VA)

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 10:30 AM PST

    Hi, thanks for the help in advance.

    My dad lives in Ohio and I live in VA. I do not have a car. My dad has leant me his car (registered in OH) to drive to and from work while i look for my own. The interstate came to a quick halt today on my way to work, and I slid into the car in front of me. There was minor bumper damage to her car. At the scene she said it wasn't worth reporting or calling the police. I gave her the car insurance info (my dad's) and contact and we both left without contacting the police. I also offered to give her cash if she wanted. I reached out to her asking her for her venmo (was going to give $200), and now she's reporting she's filing a claim with her insurance. How will this affect me? Will this impact my dad's insurance? Am I liable for anything here?

    submitted by /u/brainstorm17
    [link] [comments]

    Poor college student getting a second vehicle. What’s the best way to cover it?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 06:43 AM PST

    My wife in I are students in Michigan, and we currently own one older inexpensive vehicle. Since we don't make payments we have PLPD with some liability insurance and that's it. The problem is that we're apparently too young to be "grouped" onto one vehicle so we're paying a little extra to have both our names on one vehicle. Soon we're going to need another vehicle and I'd like to just pay cash for this one too, to avoid the full coverage insurance costs.

    My questions is this: Is it normal/legal to put just one of our names on each vehicle to save a little bit of money? Chances are well seldom drive each other's car but of course, being married, we'll probably switch if one of us needs to drive further and take the better vehicle. Any advice how we should cover the second vehicle and/or adjust our policies to save on our premiums?

    submitted by /u/Cpoll429
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment