• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 8, 2020

    Any 3rd world entrepreneurs here? Do you mind sharing your story/experiences? Entrepreneur

    Any 3rd world entrepreneurs here? Do you mind sharing your story/experiences? Entrepreneur


    Any 3rd world entrepreneurs here? Do you mind sharing your story/experiences?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 07:01 AM PST

    As a fellow 3rd worlder myself, I must sadly admit that 99% of the stuff posted on the internet about business, entrepreneurship and things like that simply does not apply in a 3rd world country.

    So I'd like to hear your stories if you don't mind sharing.

    And as a sidenote, is this a pointless dream: a low investment/cost business + low risk. Such a thing doesn't really exist, does it?

    submitted by /u/ano1418
    [link] [comments]

    What is the quote that inspires you the most in your mission of entrepreneurship?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 03:57 AM PST

    Thanks !

    submitted by /u/LioOnTheWall
    [link] [comments]

    Hiring a lawyer when registering a corporation?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 12:34 PM PST

    So my business partner and I are starting a business. We are physically based in Ontario Canada but our primary market will be US and Canada with expecting majority sales to be in the US. Our business will be online based and engaged mostly through social media and other online marketing platforms. We have to register and engage with Health Canada and FDA and get approvals for our products (supplements). We are registering as a corporation in Canada but being an online business, I wonder if we have to register in each province as well as the US. Which makes me wonder if doing this with a lawyer might be better even if it cuts into start up costs. What type of lawyer would one look for in this scenario and has anyone had any experience with this? If so, what would be a good cost to budget for?

    submitted by /u/OffersVodka
    [link] [comments]

    No code text analysis

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 01:00 PM PST

    Hey all, I have had an idea that I have been raring to work on for quite some time. Have a read and do give your suggestions advice etc.

    The idea So the idea is to have a simple system wherein a user can upload whatever text files he needs and set the labels he desires for these texts and get a model which could then be used in production. For example. Create a custom automatic tagging system for support tickets.

    A hypothetical scenario

    Say you have some customer support tickets that you want to be automatically classified according to the type of issue. Or you would want the sentiment or some other label.

    In my system, you can do exactly that via the following steps

    1. Add your labels eg. Order issue, delivery issue etc
    2. Add text data and set the labels (earlier entered) for this data.
    3. Train
    4. Get a model as an api service.

    What do you think? Criticisms welcome!

    submitted by /u/Teenvan1995
    [link] [comments]

    Naming a new business

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 08:51 AM PST

    I'm on the fence between naming a new business. It's in the screen printing world. It's either going to be Shirt Yeti or Shirt Giants.

    I've done a lot of research into both and the "yeti" or "giants" part will really tie into my branding. When you think of yeti do you think of the abominable snowman or YETI coolers?

    submitted by /u/daspenz
    [link] [comments]

    How to verify/audit established business finances and income?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 02:42 PM PST

    I am interested in buying a small local established business. what is the only way to verify if the owner/broker's proided income statement/reported cash flow is correct?

    submitted by /u/Fake_Wows
    [link] [comments]

    How Do I Get My Company’s Services Booked?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 07:06 AM PST

    I founded a social concierge experience company about 5 months ago. We create and execute custom multi-venue itineraries for groups (target markets: corporate clients and out of town guests), add as many VIP perks as possible, and then depending on the size of the group, a number of our staff personally go along with the group. We speak over 6 different languages and are based in Boston.

    Current plan is to build a base following and reputation through bookings by hotel concierge (they get a 10% commission), and then pursue the corporate market with a given track record (we have a corporate memberships tiered system proposed).

    Most of our advertising is: word of mouth, Instagram, local magazine ad, and other online social media platforms.

    Do you have any other recommendations for us to get booked? Note- we are a luxury experience company. Happy to answer any comments below!

    Www.bostonrevel.com

    submitted by /u/bekahhb
    [link] [comments]

    Door hanger question

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 02:20 PM PST

    Hello, I recently started a business restoring old photos. I ordered door hangers and put them up in my city. I'm wondering if there's a better place to put these up I stead of individual houses. Maybe somewhere like the library? Trying to get more eyes on the ads than just single households. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/DontBreatheThis_
    [link] [comments]

    $70 Spent on Facebook ads 200+ Visitors and 0 sales.. Advice??

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 01:37 PM PST

    Hey everyone. Over the past year I've spent time building a large following through social media. My totals are:

    36k on Insta 60k on tik tok 4K on Facebook (just started) And 2.6m monthly followers on Pinterest.

    With these numbers I wanted to try print on demand. I had beautiful canvas designs made along with shirts with our logo on it (we get a lot of compliments and questions on it)

    So, I utilized my audience and also paid Facebook for ads. I know my niche very well, so I was able to string together multiple types of audiences.

    I had a ctr if 3-4% on conversion ads and close to 15% on engagement ads. These numbers are great, but I have had no sales.

    My product page is good for being just a product page for a shirt and canvas.

    Am I just in a non-profitable niche? Am I missing something? Should I have kept testing Facebook ads?

    Something to mention - I also made 0 sales from my audience but had really good engagement...

    Thanks so much for your time!

    submitted by /u/auzzman23
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any copyright in logo color?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 01:35 PM PST

    Hi, I'm working on a project that has only four letter as a domain name. The logo has four different colors for each letter, kinda like Google. And the main logo has letter Q similar to Google.

    https://imgur.com/a/j51qywQ[](https://imgur.com/a/j51qywQ)

    Is that letter Q too similar to Google? Am I gonna get punished for this? Is there any trademark regarding the color codes and gradient?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/spy_in_real_life
    [link] [comments]

    Tactical Funhouse

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 01:26 PM PST

    What if there was a place you could go hangout get some food...but also have a professional instructor teach, and help you participate in the tactical techniques firefighters, police, and SWAT teams use to perform there jobs. You could rent sessions by the hour and choose from which line of service you'd like to learn from. Also when the weather is nice you could go outside and have more activities such as jaws of life demonstrations on junker cars.

    I came up with this idea and really wanted some more opinions on it.

    submitted by /u/_vincec
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to Link Up with People Remotely

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 01:05 PM PST

    Would anyone be interested in talking (preferably via phone)? We could discuss business ideas/other creative things. I'm currently very busy with e-commerce business so it's hard to make time to go out (aside from work) and also it would be nice to have some people who are further away so we won't be in each other's way. Some of my interests are music, video games, technology, languages, history, music, etc. so if you're into that stuff definitely message me but nonetheless I still would look forward to speaking with you and forming a long-term friendship with you! Good luck to you with your entrepreneurial endeavours!

    submitted by /u/retro_gnome
    [link] [comments]

    How do one go about selling a tourist non-physical tourist attraction?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 08:32 AM PST

    Situation: I own a food tour company in Antwerp, Belgium. While we only run saturdays due to my other job we are the number one foodtour in town and the number two food and drink attraction in the city. Number one being our huge big money chocolate museum.

    Antwerp is becoming quite the tourist town and we're fully booked every saturday without doing ANY advertisement. This is solely because of tripadvisor/getyourguide reviews. People do visit Antwerp every day of the week but i have a co dayjob i don't want to leave behind. Next to this i need ankle surgery which will put me out of action for 4 months minimum.

    My plan is to sell this business and everything that comes with it. (Tripadvisor, booking systems etc) If you can do this full time or put effort in getting a good guide this is essentially a good running business with minimum effort. Sounds pretty easy to sell but i have no idea where to start and how to sell it. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of stuff?

    submitted by /u/pepsikolakid
    [link] [comments]

    The HEALTH of most business owners really is a scary thing! ��

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 04:11 AM PST

    I've seen SO MANY business owners and entrepreneurs suffer health issues as they have sacrificed their health for their wealth! Have you seen this? 🤔

    submitted by /u/MusketeerInc
    [link] [comments]

    Here's my idea, looking for some critique/feedback.

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 07:42 AM PST

    So I live in a Caribbean island that has around 1.6M population and a lot of businesses particularly in the food and beverage industry. If you're a local and you're looking for reviews on one of these or looking to try something new, there's no website that allows this besides googling the place or 'burger places near me' etc.

    The main idea:

    So my idea is to create a website similar to yelp surrounding strictly the food and beverage industry. It would allow users to review the business or upload photos, there would be a 'helpful' button next to each review and if the user receives a certain number of 'helpful' votes on their profile they would be rewarded with coupons to partnered businesses.

    What will attract users?

    First of all, when people have a good experience, even more so a bad one, they like to talk about it. 1) The website would be directly catered to this, providing an easy way for their voice to be heard. 2) the potential for reward by providing helpful reviews and 3) Being exposed to deals that would be featured on the site as well.

    How will it make money?

    The front page of the site will feature deals that local places are having (these places could be partnered with for deals that are only available on the website), of course there would be paid advertisements. Businesses would pay to have there business listed as one of the reward for helpful reviewers. There are many ways to provide direct or indirect advertisements for local food businesses.

    There are a lot of independent bakers i've noticed on instagram, and there only source of reaching potential consumers is social media. They do not have any other platform for reaching LOCAL buyers. My site would solve this problem, reaching consumers who are local and love food.

    I am still in the early stages, it's just an idea right now but i'm looking to get started with a website name and rough sketches of the design and building the main ideas into stone of how it will work.

    I guess what i'm looking for here is critique and feedback, tell/ask me anything so I can start thinking about how i'd solve problems i haven't thought about! Thanks

    submitted by /u/zbf
    [link] [comments]

    How to validate a product idea?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 11:20 AM PST

    I have something in my head that I've pondering upon for a while and occasionally talking online about it. I got mixed responses, nothing convincing.

    How do I get perform market validation for my idea? I thought of using services like ideacheck.io, not sure if they are worth it.

    How should I approach this? This is product idea with B2C model so cold Outreach would not work here?

    submitted by /u/mrnerdy59
    [link] [comments]

    Help Me OEM!

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 11:06 AM PST

    Hey guys!

    So I looking to find an exceptional manufacturer for my handbag design. The quality of the material is the cornerstone of my brand. I'm looking to get a bunch of high-quality swatches as well as samples of high-quality hardware (hook clasps, chains, straps... you know...handbag stuff) from as many of the top suppliers from Alibaba as I can. How do I go about this? Total newbie! Please help!

    I should mention I'm trying to minimize cost.

    submitted by /u/ajb1123
    [link] [comments]

    Making an app

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 11:02 AM PST

    A little while back I had a idea for a fun new app that doesn't really exist yet. But sadly I am utterly incompetent when it comes to coding. What in you guys opinion is the best way to make an app without knowing code? Or should I just pay someone to do it?

    submitted by /u/POTATOEPERSONPERSON
    [link] [comments]

    help me OEM!

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 11:01 AM PST

    Hey guys!

    So I looking to find an exceptional manufacturer for my handbag design. The quality of the material is the cornerstone of my brand. I'm looking to get a bunch of high-quality swatches as well as samples of high-quality hardware (hook clasps, chains, straps... you know...handbag stuff) from as many of the top suppliers from Alibaba as I can. How do I go about this? Total newbie! Please help!

    I should mention I'm trying to minimize cost.

    Thank You Alll!!!

    submitted by /u/ajb1123
    [link] [comments]

    Idea Feedback

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 04:42 AM PST

    It's been a while since I've been here on this sub, and read some amazing posts and experiences by fellow redditors from all over the world. So I figured, if you guys would me some feedback for my startup idea, cuz I have been struggling with idea refinement.

    Okay, so, currently I'm working as a software engineer at a good IT company in India. And I have some ideas regarding a travel/trip planning app. Now there are plenty of those here already. But I've been researching and all of them are a bit overwhelming. I mean you may go to any of them and get lost with all the information overload.

    So, I want to build this travel app/website which is much more simplistic and very intuitive in terms of User interaction. Some basic features I'm planning to have in it would be: 1.Plan complete travel in some easy choice based questions. Every next question based on answer given for the previous question. 2.A facebook like community of travellers where people can share their stories and discover people traveling similar places. 3.Save some money in the wallet of the app every month and every few months with enough installments, choose a new place to go with everything paid and covered within that amount.

    These are a few ideas. I only have me and my friend to discuss over it. So, would appreciate some feedback and some advise how to go along the process

    Thank you :)

    submitted by /u/RobotsMakingDubstep
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody know good CRM for managing my networking efforts?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 02:43 AM PST

    I am making big strides in creating bigger and more influential network around me. As it is getting bigger and it's a bit harder to remember and manage all the activities (such as planned meetings, birthdays, other important days, additional actionable insight) I am looking to start using some sort of CRM, preferably free. It definitely needs to have things like: ability to pull up database of all people (with emails, phone numbers, social links), calendar, notifications of upcoming networking activities, maybe integration with email as well.

    Does anybody know some good software that could achieve that? Excel is a bit messy and unintuitive to keep up with for that purpose.

    submitted by /u/FrugalKrugman
    [link] [comments]

    Should I loose a good friend over him copying my business?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 05:16 AM PST

    Hey guys,

    I've got a problem which is very important for me to solve the right way - you'll be able to tell why throughtout this post.

    I've ran an online retail store for just over two years, it's small but growing.

    A couple of days ago, I went to a business exhibition to meet a wholesaler I'd been working with for a few months in person. I did this to see their new products and help build our business relationship by meeting my account representative in person.

    I took two friends with me as it was a couple of hours away and I didn't want to go alone.

    I messaged them both after we got back saying I hope they had a good time and thank you very much for coming. (I bought them food and drink throughout the day of course) -

    One of them (who had mentioned to me a couple of months ago said he wanted to start an online clothing retailer/brand which I've told him is great and I'd support him. However, after visitng this place and seeing all of the stands, he replied to my message saying this opened his mind and he'd want to start something selling differnet types of products.

    The problem is, some of the products he wants to sell would be the same as I sell on my site.

    I've been friends with this person for around three/four months and I think he's a great person. I of course cannot tell the future, however, I can see us being good friends in the future.

    But can I still remain friends with him if he's starting a business which will be like mine? It's also crossed my mind that if he coninutes to show me his respect and strong work ethic that I could hire him for a very important role within my busienss in the future if it becomes successful.

    I asked my dad what he thought (as he's worked very high up in a company for over 20 years earning six figures) and he said you cannot remain friends with him if he choses to start a rival business to yours. Then to give him the choice, he can start his business like mine and I'll have to keep my distance or he can choose to remain friends with me and not start his business instead.

    My dad went on to say it's likely that I've inspired him to start a business, futhermore, one like mine which will mean he'll only continute to copy what works for me in the future.

    I don't want to be so blunt and say you either choose to start your business and loose me as a friend or change your mind and we can remain friends. We get on really well and I value him as a friend. I don't want to loose him. My dad also said it's possible that my friend feels like he needs to do this to look good in my eyes as he knows I have high expectations for people I'm around (as I'm working very hard to become successful) -

    I'm unsure on what to do here in order to keep our friendship together but also ensuring I'm not helping him to potentally destroy or impact my business in the future.

    Do I give my friend the choice of his business or my friendship or do I support him to start and run his hoping he won't take advantage in the future. Alternativly, can I help him a little bit and remain friends and continue to build a strong friendship but keeping my business info aside so he cannot copy any differnetly compared a member of the public?

    Extra info -

    My business is very important to me. I've spent so many hours and over £10,000 ($12,000) geting it to where it is now with investing and I've learnt a lot along the way.

    However, a limited number of strong friendships are very important to me too.

    I feel one couple be impacted in a negative way if I allow a friend to follow in my footsteps. This isn't a game in school for fun. It's business in the real work. A lot of risk for the small potental of huge reward. I don't want to loose friends along the way. Even more so seeing that I'm trying to gain more valule friendships as I grow older.

    -

    Many thanks for taking the time to read this and I'd appreicate any advice from an outside perspective.

    - George age 19

    submitted by /u/igeorge407331
    [link] [comments]

    Free Business Plan Template-Do they exist?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 08:18 AM PST

    I've gone to a number of sites that advertise "Free Business Template" only to find it is definitely not free. Has anyone found a truly free template or should I just pay for the template? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/kittencalledmeow
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment